SFMafia's Greatest Hits - Day 6

charlie_

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eury you kinda petered out after we killed you, like you would post huge walls of text about how some townie looking guy didn't HAVE to be town but since you weren't actually scumreading him it was (besides being wrong) totally pointless. Save your breath!

Well for one, the fact that I was N1 kill was kinda... idk- confused and like, burnt me out a bit LOL. Even though I was technically probably the best role (by town-side standard) to be shot, I dunno. I kinda went wonky with my activity levels/posting, and then I got distracted by the wrong people doing wonky things. xD

> That and the fact that some other slots (especially town ones) were super inactive at times were like... idk how to word it. Mildly annoying to me, since nothing was really going that well for townside as a whole, and the lack of efforting/interest that a lot of others were putting forth kinda put a damper on seriously scum hunting and/or otherwise taking the time to look into posts/people deeper. @_@;; (And most of the people [that I generally play Mafia with] know how I feel about people not putting forth much effort in games and how it tends to affect my thoughts on their slots as a whole, so there's that too. >.<" )

In the end though, I guess it just makes me a bad Mafia player, lol. Such is the life of the Queen of Wallposts~

yeah the fact that nothing from ssbu was a role is kind of absurd. it's probably because nobody wants to remember that game. i don't even recall what i'm posting about here

The beta version of your role was from SSBU.

It might not be the most ethical thing to do but I think a mod should just delete the SSBU thread and wipe all traces of it from existence.

but but but.....

that was one of my favorite games, especially the me VS you (when you had already claimed doc)

also, good game scumteam, I didn't ever suspect Elie.

Possibly.

Postgame

This is mostly going to be role stuff ftr.

People seemed to think that town had a lot of protection, but I don't really think so? The Rogue and the BPV were unlikely to ever trigger, the Lightningrod just redirected a kill (although I'll admit this was kind of strong) and the Doc was liable to getting accidentally hammered (if they didn't claim) or easy to rolehunt if they claimed the triple hated because what else would it be??? This is SFMafia, after all.

I can see more why people thought that there was too much info but even then I think it wasn't too overloaded either. Tracker and Follower are both /okay/ but not super amazing and the Tracker had the same problem as the doc in that it could easily be caught if people thought back to D1. In hindsight I'd like to maybe swap out the Follower but idk what I would put in its place because info roles kind of lack variety.

Everything else aside from the vig kind of sucked, lets be honest. I was amused when Eury's role actually went off although I don't think I read any wallposts at all this game rip.

For antitown, scum had two buff roles in WWS/Kelsey Green and then Prims' was mostly there was backup power. If Prims was lynched while his LPV was up, he would also gain a BPV, and he got a Ninja/Strongman from killing off his scumfriends. I tried to keep the scumteam's power mostly consistent even if they ended up losing one member and I think it worked so I was happy about that.

Shinori's role was meant to be immune to everything but the ITP Cop and had an RB to stop him from being a sitting duck. As a trade off, his kill was really limited and I would've liked to see the role work out more to see how limited kill third parties work but lol rip Shinori.

In general rolespec was hard here due to multi-part roles on both sides, mismatched neighbours and a bunch of other stuff. I will probably end up doing more roles like these in future so uh... if something like this comes up in future, now you know. Alternatively, don't try and rolespec me in future because generally I do think of how people take claims into account while balancing, so yeah.

In terms of play I don't have much to say tbh. I don't think any faction threw really hard like what usually happens in my games, but at the same time I have a hard time picking out a standout townie aside from maybe Snike/Weapons if you count them as one player. Omega's D4+ play was questionable because Gorf was right that you really weren't being transparent and after you claimed there was no reason to try and go under the radar, although I can understand why you did it to begin with. Scum played well so I can't really fault town for losing here, since nobody really had strong reasons to suspect Prims so wp there. This is also probably the best scumgame I've ever seen out of Elieson so props to him for that, just keep doing what you did before D5 in future games.

On a less positive note, sorry for the mod fuckups, even though in the way the game played out I don't think that they meant too much? But basically I shouldn't put things on my sheet at 4am because I will fuck something up and also don't rush getting role pms out.

But uh... that's all I have to say. Thanks for playing I guess? Even though mafia sucks.

ggs to prims and elie...

but how

the fuck

does rogue

fucking pseudo bpv

and lightningrod

make doc SO unbelievable

that you lynch him in mylo?!

cant even dawgs

tbh had i not died that Night idve been really fuckin stumped. my head was like "snike and omega CANT be scum... but bbm marf prims and elie dont feel like scum... like whats the bbm case?... and prims is absolutely right on marf being totally not scum... and prims doing that as scum doesnt make sense... and elie and prims feel NOTHING like my previous game with em when they were gay!scum... what the fuck is this game?..."

It might not be the most ethical thing to do but I think a mod should just delete the SSBU thread and wipe all traces of it from existence.

No.

It stays as it is, for all eternity, as a lesson on how to be noobscum and win. :P:

My only beef with the roles is how much blocking there was. ;/

also I forgot to mention this but I was surprised the JoaT wasn't like a jack of greatest hits or something, where you just put all the leftover greatest hits that didn't make it in as a role or a fake together.

Mwahaha

That slip turned into a strategic play because Prims decided to bus me prior to my slip rather than after. G G everybody also wow Omega please try harder with vcasing and less with the slang #yolo posting

yea everything i said about omega obviously really being the doc legit held but like i said i'd have had a hard time not being paranoid about his play had i been town so

gg all. this was probably one of my best scum games in a while.Omega really screwed town by not putting any effort in after claiming. Not sure if he was just too busy or what.

i was a contributing factor to the loss. but to ignore the other poor plays on towns part that got us to this L in favor of solely shitting on me is a whack move on yur part

we both could have done better. shrug.

and one of the reasons I switched back to you when I was leaning Prims at the start of the day was that I was afraid Marth would just get impatient and vote me again if it dragged on too long, and lynching you even if I was only like 50% sure you were scum was better than being lynched myself.

i was a contributing factor to the loss. but to ignore the other poor plays on towns part that got us to this L in favor of solely shitting on me is a whack move on yur part

oh, I didn't mean it as if you were the sole factor for the loss or anything. Especially since you weren't the people who lynched the doc.