Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Projectiles and High priority ruins Sonic.

Sonic still has a huge speed advantage, Ryu will have a hard time approaching Sonic in the first place, also Ryu vs Sonic offstage is highly in Sonic's favor.

My contribution is that:

• I don't fight Ryus enough to have an opinion on the dude
  • I don't have him so I don't understand Focus Attack and its mechanics
  • I don't like his stupid shield SFX
  • Ftilt is pretty fucking strong and shield pressure game and spike game is spot on

I like that Ryu challenges Ike's headband and muscles and that he has the same English VA as my favorite knight. lol

Kyle Herbert is great, enjoyed his VA work since I was a kid, because was the narrator in the Dub of DBZ and Adult Gohan.

My contribution is that:

• I don't fight Ryus enough to have an opinion on the dude
  • I don't have him so I don't understand Focus Attack and its mechanics
  • I don't like his stupid shield SFX
  • Ftilt is pretty fucking strong and shield pressure game and spike game is spot on

Focus attack, allows him to take an attack and stun the person that hits him, multihit attacks break through it though, also it can be used in midair to trigger an air dash by canceling it, giving him some more movement options, also focus attack has 3 charge levels depending on how long its held down, the crippling stun's length is dependent on it.

Edited by Jedi

I don't play many Ryus my skill level top give information outside of obvious stuff like his utilt/dtilt confirm into shoryuken, etc.. Despite Trela living in my scene, I can't really give an accurate analysis of the matchup since he's just flat out a better player than me regardless of character.

Kyle Herbert is great, enjoyed his VA work since I was a kid, because was the narrator in the Dub of DBZ and Adult Gohan.

Yeah, but it's Kyle Hebert, not Kyle Herbert, last I checked... :P

Since I'm not well versed on VAs, I didn't know of him until Frederick in Awakening, so... ^^;

Yeah, but it's Kyle Hebert, not Kyle Herbert, last I checked... :P

Since I'm not well versed on VAs, I didn't know of him until Frederick in Awakening, so... ^^;

Me and my adding that R every damn time lol.

I see, I'm just a dork and like that sort of thing :P:

I don't play many Ryus my skill level top give information outside of obvious stuff like his utilt/dtilt confirm into shoryuken, etc.. Despite Trela living in my scene, I can't really give an accurate analysis of the matchup since he's just flat out a better player than me regardless of character.

Trela is in your scene? Gosh you weren't kidding when you said it was stacked.

[spoiler=Hebert]It's pronounced "A-Bear" just so ya'll remember

Also yea Trela's down here. Him and Knife are totally the reason why I don't go to tourneys around these parts. No point in going just to place third! that and imadad with a daughter that never has her mum visit to give me an opportunity to smash anyway

Also yea Trela's down here. Him and Knife are totally the reason why I don't go to tourneys around these parts. No point in going just to place third! that and imadad with a daughter that never has her mum visit to give me an opportunity to smash anyway

When you interviewed him, did you meet him in person?

omg I love Ryu it must have been amazing

The World Warrior!

Ryu is pretty amazing. having all the light, medium, hard and inputs in is interesting, though it can mess you up sometimes if you're not use to it lol. He has a great combo game, fast tilts, some of which can combo to itself or true shoryuken, decent grabs, and good aerials(16% bair). Ryu's recovery is pretty sweet. What i like about Ryu the most is his focus attack. you can mix up a lot with it. dash away to get out of a situation, dash foward or in the air to avoid attacks and follow up with a grab or combos, armor to take at least one hit. No one else has this in the game and I like air dashing a lot. He surprisingly has a lot of combos to spikes. Light version of moves are really good. I think at max potential Ryu would be top 5.

Anyone else find his utilt funny

Edited by Ice Sage

The World Warrior!

Ryu is pretty amazing. having all the light, medium, hard and inputs in is interesting, though it can mess you up sometimes if you're not use to it lol. He has a great combo game, fast tilts, some of which can combo to itself or true shoryuken, decent grabs, and good aerials(16% bair). Ryu's recovery is pretty sweet. What i like about Ryu the most is his focus attack. you can mix up a lot with it. dash away to get out of a situation, dash foward or in the air to avoid attacks and follow up with a grab or combos, armor to take at least one hit. No one else has this in the game and I like air dashing a lot. He surprisingly he has a lot of combos to spikes. Light version of moves are really good. I think at max potential Ryu would be top 5.

Anyone else find his utilt funny

How fast can you grab from a Focus Dash?

Also yes his Utilt is hilarious, and super good.

There are so many people that are better than me here. You should come out, no one has ever really come out the woodwork and won a (good) tourney without prior offline tourney experience their first try. Failure builds character.

Edited by Knife

Please tell me i'm not the only one who think FE10 Ike looks so much like Ryu

I don't really get the likeness other than, they both have muscles and they wear headbands.

I see a little resemblance, but not a lot. :P

And Ike is sexier because no man is as sexy as RD Ike. How did this guy not get married at the end of RD? He could probably get any girl he wanted!

Edited by Anacybele

Ok Ryu players, trying to bair in the air sometimes to intercept someone I will accidentally Tatsu, am I just going too fast or should I be using the C-Stick anyways lol.

Ok Ryu players, trying to bair in the air sometimes to intercept someone I will accidentally Tatsu, am I just going too fast or should I be using the C-Stick anyways lol.

use the c-stick; slowing down is, obviously, slower

sidenote this especially occurs with ledgedrop bair