Ragnarok Online Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stayin' alive. So mafia is dead, otherwise BBM would be dead (he could be mafia but come on, he has nothing to prove after yesterday). Here are my reads on who the poisoner is.

SSG- There's no way in hell that there's a lightingrod ITP.

BBM- Doc is a shit fakeclaim for ITP (and he's definitely a doc). It's technically possible (hi CYOUR) but not something I'd lynch.

SB- Again, it's...technically possible depending on the specifics of his role (such as if his poison works more like an arson or whatever), but I'm inclined to believe that he's town considering that SSG hasn't died. Also it'll be obvious if he's ITP soon enough.

Koneko/Mitsuki- It's only really possible if they had poisoned Gilgamesh on N1 (or if they're like PGO Poisoner, which would be a pretty ridiculous role...).

Crysta- I dunno, it seems like a red herring. Insomniac is so obviously a fakeclaim nowadays that I wouldn't be surprised if that was her actual role.

Snike- Most likely candidate. Scum would never kill a claimed persuader, and it's townie enough of a claim (depending on its use) that noone would lynch it.

##Vote: Snike

I'm almost sure that the scumteam has been eliminated. Time to hunt for poisoner!

Yeah, I should have reread.

People who I'm almost certain that they aren't poisoner are Randa, Refa and SSG. Randa because of his attitude I don't remember where + the fact that poisoner wouldn't have a way to cure poison, and I'm going to assume SSGs not dead of poison because Randa cured him. Refa is town since he told Gilgamesh to redirect people to him here. As 3rd party, you wouldn't want someone random targeting you (Koneko found that post, she's awesome <3). SSG is town because I don't think he'd have played the way he has as poisoner and I don't think lightning rod makes sense as a fake for poisoner.

Out of the people left, BBM > Snike > Crysta probably. BBM is first because he reminds me of the way he played as SK the first time I played mafia in MotK. BBM, are you Creepy Richard again? Also poisoner doctor would be hilarious, and that's something Elie would probably think about. Snike > Crysta because Crysta feels townier to me than Snike (Snike felt more "not-mafia", but less "not-ITP")

##Vote: BBM

cut by Refa

Ok, before I post anything substantial, (yay I decided to play) what is ISO? This is often mentioned in the two Mafia games I've seen and apparently it's helpful or something so could you please tell me?

Oh, I can see why that would be helpful. Well, I've got some reading to do!

Randa: Not enough meaningful content for me to have an opinion and to be honest I don’t feel like looking through SB’s stuff so you can just be town like what I thought SB was.

Snike: Nothing is really suspicious here. Seems rather townish.

Supershyguy94: First of all, I’m going to be saying I’m town, because to be honest who wouldn’t? And second of all, unless the poison is secret and you aren’t told of it even if you’re poisoned, then I don’t think I’m poisoned.

Mitsuki/Koneko: Definitely town. She’s trying really hard to assist us and genuinely helping (a lot), so she seems to fit the role perfectly.

Refa: Pretty town but since I am not that good at this yet (obviously lol) I will not really say anything else as I can’t find anything else to say and this is redundant I feel like an idiot

BBM: Seems pretty town. The posts you’ve made are good and stuff. Oh my god, I’m terrible at this.

Crysta: Well, I’m not entirely sure here. I mean, you have really posted nothing (that matters) since the end of Day 4 (granted 1. I’m being a hypocrite and 2. You can’t really post at night but you did anyway) and you’ve been accused quite a bit throughout the game, so I think that unless I can actually do something for the final remaining player, I’m voting for you.

Well, I covered all seven players (apparently) so…

##Vote: Crysta

Crysta: Insomniac. Proven, not indicative of alignment. Have seen scum and itp's as insomniac before so role is null. Overall feel meh. Would consider lynching today.

BBM: Doctor 1X Empowerer. Proven, yes Eli has done stupid shit like itp doc before, but i don't think that's says anything about his allignment in this game. Overall of the three people who I would consider lynching he's the most ?towny? Maybe not quite the word but it gets the point across.

Snike: Persuader. I think proven? That or life was just messing around. Either way doesn't say anything about allignment so why waste my limit time thinking about what his role indicates and whether or not life is posthumously trolling me. Anyways I dont really get scum vibes from him but definitely get not town vibes so that's kinda just why I'm thinking he's the itp.

Refa: BPV/PPV. Proven? Idk and Idc. Yes the role is a pretty easy fake claim for itp, no I don't think refa's play has been anti-town. So wouldn't really consider lynching.

Kitsuki: PGO. Already if she' say itp I think she's a harmless rather than a harmful.j

Shyguy: 1X Lightningrod. Lol that role on an itp like if that's actually the case I'm sorry bro, like really sorry.

SB: Poison Doctor. lol town.

Since day 4 wasn't very useful in getting reads, and fuck going back and reading the days when life was in the game, seriously I read that shit once not doing that again, I'm gonna go ain't rolespec and just what I think ATM. List

insomniac seems like a dumb itp role but if it's happened before there's not much i can say

for me it's between snike and bbm. i was suspecting bbm on day 3 but his content got increasingly townie on me as the day went on, though this was when we were pursuing scum do idk. snike was considering lynching me for being an 'enigma' slot which was odd because i was around (so I wasn't likely to remain unclaimed) and i being an enigma doesn't necessarily make you scum. and i got the impression he didn't really want to even read my awesome d1 content everyone else has wanted to lynch me for (hi ssg)... so i'm leaning over there for now.

that and i suck at rolepeccing sf setups. things were so simple in the good ol' days.

##Vote: Snike

Assisted in killing (lynching) eclipse, so I've already won this game unofficially. Let's see if we can make this official.

I think BBM is clear, if only because i don't think poisoner doctor itp would actually be a thing given how the mafia would immediately have a mass roleblock to shut him down.

I also think it's between Mitsuki, Crysta, and Refa.

Mitsuki because while the claim sounds like an elie role, we can't actually prove it (n2 wasn't definitive evidence either).

Refa because he could just have a bpv and fakeclaim the ppv portion to make the role seem more town-aligned.

Crysta because honestly? I haven't really found her content to be very pro-town overall + insomniac's a very weak role in this role madness setup.

There are arguments to be made for each of them being town, but I think Crysta's the one I want to lynch the most.

##Vote:Crysta

Also @role argument: Do you really think elie would give the only known vote manipulation role to the itp and make it the fakeclaim?

I think that Refa is most likely to be the ITP on rolespec. One of the things we lynched Shin for was too many anti-poison roles and it's still the case. Does town really need a full-time poison doctor and a 1x poison-doctor from JoaT AND a 1x PPV all just to counter the ITP? And mafia also have a 1x PPV. Also, if we really only have a 3p mafia, does town need a BG and a Doc and a 1x BPV? Especially considering these protective roles presumably can't block poison; they're essentially all for stopping the mafia kill.

I get that only the PPV or the BPV takes effect according to Refa's claim, but Refa being scum would solve both problems. The thing is that he didn't visit SSG according to Eclipse, so he'd have to be a ninja poisoner or would have had to idled N3.

Next most likely IMO is SB/Randa because it solves the poison protection problem and he wouldn't need to be a ninja. But I think this slot has been townier than Refa's.

@mitsuki- not really sure what you want me to say. How is my play similar to IWBTS?

Also @role argument: Do you really think elie would give the only known vote manipulation role to the itp and make it the fakeclaim?

Normally I would agree with this sentiment. Why give the only vote control to the itp, but then I remember I'm playing an Eli game. :P:

In all seriousness though if I were looking at it from a standard balancing perspective I would agree with you and would probably vote refa just based off how often BPV is claimed by itp. That being said I throw of most of my pre-conceptions of balance when coming into these games.

Can't really prove my role (although claiming BPV as ITP is really stupid), so there's not much I can say about that. What do you think I said about SB, though?

Normally I would agree with this sentiment. Why give the only vote control to the itp, but then I remember I'm playing an Eli game. :P:

I've never seen an ITP Persuader before, but I've seen like a billion ITP mayors before so that's not really an Elie game thing.

I considered that SSG should have maybe died if SB was the poisoner, but since we were considering 2-night poison lengths, I was waiting to see if he dies tonight. If that's the case then yeah we should just lynch Randa tomorrow.

BPV isn't that good an ITP claim but if it's what Elie gave you it's what Elie gave you?

Insomniac is such a bland role in this setup that I'm unsure about it, but I almost feel as if it's TOO bland to be a fake. dunno. I feel like play-wise she makes the most sense as ITP though, her content has been weak and I think most people agree that the towniest thing about her is the Baldrick interactions, which obviously wouldn't be valid in ITP-hunting.

I feel like PGO is too good to be ITP but if it's just 1x, maybe? I don't particularly think Mitsuki's play has been very ITP-like though.

I don't think lightningrod ITP is a thing, so yeah pretty sure of SSG being town..

That leaves Snike I guess. I don't have any specific thoughts about him being ITP or not, mainly just PoE and comparisons to the other players. Snike, does your role work in *ylo?

I guess I'm at something like Refa > SB/Crysta > Snike > Mitsuki > SSG? I would put Crysta over SB if SSG doesn't die tonight.

It does work in *ylo to my knowledge. This is due to the fact that *ylo won't be announced.

BPV isn't that good an ITP claim but if it's what Elie gave you it's what Elie gave you?

If it's what Elie gave me, I obviously would have claimed bomb instead.

*ylo isn't announced? Wow fuck. If we lose because there's a 4th mafia or whatever, I'm going to be really annoyed.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, I got another similar message from Elieson about nothing happening. Do you get any of these, Crysta?

BBM feels like he's desperately trying to line up lynches. Why would you have everyone in the playerlist in your priority list instead of trying to make sense of who is almost guaranteed to be town? It feels like he doesn't care about who is going to be lynched as long as it's not him. Why is everyone ignoring BBM.

@Snike and BBM: what do you think about what I said about this post by Refa?

@BBM: Why would poissoner be poison doctor as well? Also 2-night delayed poisoner would be the worst role ever, and they could still be a ninja, so it would prove nothing. (Your logic on Randa suuuuuuuuuuuucks)

I think BBM is clear, if only because i don't think poisoner doctor itp would actually be a thing given how the mafia would immediately have a mass roleblock to shut him down.

Why does this matter? Mass roleblock would roleblock everyone for one night, it's not vanillizer. If I'm understanding this right, this logic applies to everyone, not only to BBM, and someone must be the poisoner so ???

@mitsuki- not really sure what you want me to say. How is my play similar to IWBTS?

It feels exactly the same. It's as if you're being extra cautious with every word you're saying. Like with this reply. Instead of saying anything meaningful, you're trying to measure what I'm thinking to see how this affects you.

I considered that SSG should have maybe died if SB was the poisoner, but since we were considering 2-night poison lengths, I was waiting to see if he dies tonight. If that's the case then yeah we should just lynch Randa tomorrow.

!!!
@Randa: If we don't lynch BBM, you should protect SSG tonight. If nobody dies then BBM is as good as confirmed poisoner.

Well, your first post cited a game I don't know anything about, which is at least why I (can't speak for other people) didn't really talk about it. Like, fair enough on your logic for why doc can be ITP but yeah. I don't see having everyone on his priority as scummy because it just shows his well, priorities. Fair enough about the rest of the case (I'd move him above Crysta on my priority list) but what makes him worse than Snike IYO?

Wait no, actually I had another question (sorry if I've asked this before). Do you see him claiming doc like he did as ITP (i.e. when too many protective roles were being claimed)? I mean, imagine if I got lynched and 3rd got killed the following night. That'd make people super suspicious of him, and even if they weren't, it'd make him more likely to be killed by scum.

@mitsuki- I'm just stating my priorities. That's not lining up lynches. As for why I included everyone, it's because the only person I'm more than 90% sure isn't the ITP is SSG. I'm like 80% sure you're not the ITP, but other than that I'm not really ruling out the chance of anyone being one. Plus, the game isn't going to last for even 3 lynches most likely, so there really isn't a difference between putting everyone there and putting a few people there.

Also, your response to my question asking you how my play is similar to IWBTS looks like a bad case of tunnel vision. Your initial vote on me was literally just, and I quote, "BBM is first because he reminds me of the way he played as SK the first time I played mafia in MotK. BBM, are you Creepy Richard again? Also poisoner doctor would be hilarious, and that's something Elie would probably think about." Obviously my response is going to be cautious- what exactly am I supposed to say to that? You didn't even say how my play is similar to that game, and then when you did just now, you used a post I made after you gave your reasoning as an example. I also wasn't cautious in that game at all because I was basically going for broke after I got rolecopped and then especially after I got copped, so ???

there's no real proof SB is poison doctor afaik. I also can't be poison + doctor in one action because snike isn't dead. I could have two different actions I guess.

2-night delayed poison is something that's been thrown around in the thread before; I'm not the first one to bring it up. I've also been focusing on Refa over anybody else to this point* so I don't know where you're getting that I don't care about the lynch.

I don't get your logic about me being confirmed poisoner either. It only works if we're discounting ninja poisoner, but if that's the case then it's a straight 1v1 between me and SB/Randa and you haven't mentioned that all, only me being scum.

*I'm not sure about Refa anymore. His defence of me is weird as ITP. He doesn't necessarily have to push for me, but actively defending the person attacking him seems counter-productive if he's ITP. gotta go for work now though so I'll think more about it later. be back in like ~15 hours?