SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

5 hours ago, Randoman said:

Prude? In what way? (Eg: trying to avoid lewd things, preferring women being covered up in the way they dress, etc.)

Let me rephrase my "least valued" friendship quality question (I'll admit, it's really confusing): what personality qualities do you dislike the most, when it comes to meeting people with those qualities? (eg: closed-mindedness, lack of forgiveness, overprotective about his/her property and belongings)

Who was your favourite character in The Magic School Bus?

What are some of your favourite SNES RPGs?

Since you can't remember that far back, what were/are some of your past/present fictional female crushes?

1. "Rules are rules. Follow them."

2. Inflexibility and close-mindedness.

3. Liz.

4. Tales of Phantasia, Seiken Densetsu 3. (Speaking of which, I should get the Seiken Densetsu anthology for Switch.)

5. My current one is Saber Fran. Now that I've mentioned Seiken Densetsu 3, Riesz was one of them, too.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9-8-2017 at 0:48 PM, Ice Dragon said:

3. I collect anime figures. That's where the other half of my money goes. I also draw, old school with a mechanical pencil (2B, 0.5 mm) and printer paper despite the fact that I have a graphics tablet.

I also do some programming on the side and play a few "real" video games, mostly Monster Hunter and Warframe these days.

Well in that case:

6. What is your favorite anime and why?

7. Are there any drawings you're especially proud of?

And to add some more:

8. What is something you think evryone should try at least once in their life?

9. What was the moment in your life that made you the happiest?

10. If you met a clone of yourself (personality wise), do you think you'd get along?

43 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well in that case:

6. What is your favorite anime and why?

7. Are there any drawings you're especially proud of?

And to add some more:

8. What is something you think evryone should try at least once in their life?

9. What was the moment in your life that made you the happiest?

10. If you met a clone of yourself (personality wise), do you think you'd get along?

6. Hard to pick only one, really. Clannad, Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 1st, and Saki stand out among less recent anime that aren't ancient history, and Kimi no Na wa, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka?, Flying Witch, and the Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya series are at the top among more recent anime. Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls (first season in particular) also deserves a mention for its unique and gorgeous art style. I'll why them out in a bit.

@Bartozio EDIT with all the things. Also added Clannad to the list. Not sure how I forgot that one.

• Clannad: Hands down best adaptation of a visual novel in existence, not to mention one of, if not the, best visual novel in existence.
  • Bakemonogatari: Likable characters on a whole with a small cast and virtually no extras. The story arcs are interesting, the art style is beautiful, and the sound work (voice, background, and theme songs) is amazing.
  • Nanoha: Nanoha is the series that really caught most of my attention back in college. The first movie was extremely well-executed and is probably the best entry in the series.
  • Saki: Cute girls and mahjong. Still my favorite "sports" anime.
  • Kimi no Na wa: Lives up to all of its hype. I really don't think I need to say much more.
  • Gochiusa: The best entry in the cute girls doing cute things genre. Chino is best girl. Fight me.
  • Flying Witch: Absolutely nothing happens, and you know absolutely nothing will ever happen in this show, but you feel warm and fuzzy inside every time you watch. Execution is top notch, and the OP is catchy as all hell.
  • Prisma Illya: Because Illya is the best main character in the Fate universe. Illya being the most genre-savvy and most sane character is a bit too much fun. The songs are also really nice, particularly the ones by Choucho and fhana. Such a shame we lost Matsuki Miyu, though.
  • Hyakka Ryouran: The art style is just really, really good to the point where I couldn't not mention it. The ink splatters are extremely well-executed, flawless, really. As I understand it, the art direction for the second season was different and didn't have quite as good of execution of the style, so this is just the first season. Also has good OP and ED songs.

7. None that I've actually finished because I'm terrible at actually finishing things. The one I'm currently proud of that I've been working on is one of my gaming/MMO persona (loosely based off of my old Mabinogi player character) in my current Monster Hunter equipment.

8. I honestly have no opinion.

9. Happiness for me has always come in small packages, both literally and figuratively, and none of them are particularly memorable individually. They linger as a warm, fuzzy feeling, but virtually never as a memory, so I can't really say.

10. Definitely.

Edited by Ice Dragon

X. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

XI. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

XII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

XIII. Time or money?

XIV. Are you a pessimist, optimist, realist, nihilist, etc.?

3 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

X. Any personal philosophy or mindset you try to stick to?

XI. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area, or a combination?

XII. Which do you prefer of the areas above?

XIII. Time or money?

XIV. Are you a pessimist, optimist, realist, nihilist, etc.?

10. Work hard. Play hard.

11. Suburban, but if you go 15 minutes northeast, it's urban, and if you go 15 minutes in any other direction, you're in the middle of corn fields.

12. The edge of suburbia. No hustle, not bustle, no traffic, few lights at night.

13. Well, I have money right now, so I'd really like some time.

14. Somewhere between optimism and realism.

buncha weebs. and people call me weeb
anyway now it's my batch of questions, extended indefinitely!

1. opinions of the following:

Spoiler

a. ee06c1c24e.gif

b. e67647148a.gif

c. 5e7683bee6.jpg

d. 42978c89f7.png

2. do you think you have rigid, porous, or healthy boundaries with people? if you wanna specify between acquaintances, friends, close friends, romantic partners, sure thing. and for reference, here are some common traits of each:

rigid boundaries: 
* avoid intimacy and close relationships
* unlikely to ask for help
* has few close relationships
* very protective of personal information
* may seem detached, even with romantic partners
* keeps others at a distance to avoid the possibility of rejection

porous boundaries:
* overshares personal information
* difficulty saying "no" to the requests of others
* overinvolved with other's problems
* dependent on the opinions of others
* accepting of abuse or disrespect
* fears rejection if they do not comply with others

healthy boundaries:
* values own opinions
* doesn't compromise values for others
* shares personal information in an appropriate way (does not over or under share)
* knows personal wants and needs, and can communicate them
* accepting when others say "no" to them

3. branching from the first question, which kind of boundary do you have for:
* physical (personal space and physical touch)
* intellectual (thoughts and ideas)
* emotional (personal feelings)
* sexual (emotional, intellectual, and physical aspects of sexuality)
* material (money and possessions)
* time (how someone uses their time)

1 hour ago, Rixia Mao said:

buncha weebs. and people call me weeb
anyway now it's my batch of questions, extended indefinitely!

1. opinions of the following:

Reveal hidden contents

a. ee06c1c24e.gif

b. e67647148a.gif

c. 5e7683bee6.jpg

d. 42978c89f7.png

2. do you think you have rigid, porous, or healthy boundaries with people? if you wanna specify between acquaintances, friends, close friends, romantic partners, sure thing. and for reference, here are some common traits of each:

3. branching from the first question, which kind of boundary do you have for:
* physical (personal space and physical touch)
* intellectual (thoughts and ideas)
* emotional (personal feelings)
* sexual (emotional, intellectual, and physical aspects of sexuality)
* material (money and possessions)
* time (how someone uses their time)

1. That's the first time I've seen the Yamada outfit one. They're all adorbs.

2. "Healthy" seems too non-neutral of a word to use when "rigid" and "porous" are both neutral words. I'm pretty in the middle with close friends and more rigid with family and people I'm only acquainted with.

3. I'm not sure what this has to do with sukusuku hakutaku so I'm going to assume you meant branching from the second question.

• Physical: Porous to other people, but I don't go out of my own way.
  • Intellectual: Somewhere between medium and porous.
  • Emotional: Rigid.
  • Sexual: Medium with close friends, rigid otherwise..
  • Material: Medium, porous with close friends.
  • Time: Porous with close friends, family, and co-workers. Pretty rigid otherwise.

7: Opinion on the name Rachel?

8: Opinion on petticoats?

9: Opinion on kilts?

10: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

11: Favorite Archetype in FE?

12: Least favorite character in FE?

13: What is one thing you would add to Heroes?

14: What is one thing you would remove from Heroes?

15: As a School Form Wishiwashi, are you a hive mind, or is there one fish that makes all the decisions?

i have no clue if these were asked but oh well

4. what made you join sf?
5. what is your role/job as editor?
6. do you agree that the member Jedi smell funny? 
7. favourite type of cuisine
8. tea or coffee?
9. what consoles do you own?
10. favourite beverage?

Edited by Rixia Mao

On 8/9/2017 at 9:40 AM, Ice Dragon said:

1. しませんけど、フェイト/グランドオーダーをするのを考えています。

夏エベントと2nd Anniversaryの特別ログインボーナスは開催中ので今日から始めるのは有利と思う。(ログインボーナスは8月16日12:59終了)

私はIce Dragonさんにフレンドコードを伝えます。  ( *• ̀ω•́ )b (I hope I wrote that right, not as good as you and Rey when it comes to Japanese, just want to practice a bit)

Some questions:

1. Cats or Dogs?
  2. Any other favorite VAs besides Miyuki Sawashiro
  3. Do you like mecha animes? If so have you played a Super Robot War game before?
  4. Ideal vacation spot?
  5. Opinions on the current state of FEH?
  6. What are your criteria for making a guide in FEH?
  7. Are you into speedrunning?

Dear me, I hope you do not mind me visiting this thread once more? I simply lack anything to do this morning!

VI. What do you deem as Ninian's most redeemable qualities?

VII. Perchance, do you partake in activities such as cosplay, role-playing or perhaps any similar practices?

VIII. If you are to find a lost briefcase full of money inside a train, what might you do?

IX. Are there any characters from any video games you can truly relate to?

X. On a scale of one to a hundred, how much would you consider yourself as a so-called "geek"?

Bonus Question: What are you sentiments regarding me? Mind you, I am referring to me as a person rather than my username character.

Edited by Clarine

On 8/12/2017 at 11:22 PM, Rezzy said:

7: Opinion on the name Rachel?

8: Opinion on petticoats?

9: Opinion on kilts?

10: Opinion on Ests in Fire Emblem?

11: Favorite Archetype in FE?

12: Least favorite character in FE?

13: What is one thing you would add to Heroes?

14: What is one thing you would remove from Heroes?

15: As a School Form Wishiwashi, are you a hive mind, or is there one fish that makes all the decisions?

7. It's pretty normal.

8. Neutral.

9. Also neutral.

10. Like how she keeps getting captured? I'm surprised she hasn't been captured in Heroes yet. Unless I missed something.

11. Cute dragon girl that hasn't really been out in the world?

12. Not sure I can pick a single character, but I tend to dislike characters that speak with unnecessarily complicated kanji or with particularly annoying verbal tics, like Donnel's country-hick だべ.

13. Daunt.

14. Nothing, really, at this point.

15. There's one in the middle that's in charge. Hive mind works in real life where the individual fish don't need to maintain the whole fish shape, but it's a bit harder when you need to actually maintain a particular formation.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:24 PM, Rixia Mao said:

i have no clue if these were asked but oh well

4. what made you join sf?
5. what is your role/job as editor?
6. do you agree that the member Jedi smell funny? 
7. favourite type of cuisine
8. tea or coffee?
9. what consoles do you own?
10. favourite beverage?

4. FESS died.

5. I'm supposed to maintain the Heroes resources, but work and actually keeping up in the game have kept me busy.

6. As best as I can tell, they smell like a computer monitor.

7. General seafood, also various East Asian.

8. Straight oolong.

9. Game Boy Pocket (NA, broken), N64 (NA), GBA (NA), GBA (NA), Gamecube (NA), Wii (JP), PS3 (NA), PS4 (JP), 3DS (JP, FE Awakening limited edition), 3DS LL (JP, Pokemon XY limited edition gold), 3DS XL (NA, NES limited edition), n3DS LL (JP, MH4G limited edition), n3DS LL (JP, MHX limited edition), n3DS XL (NA, MHGen limited edition). Soon to add Switch (JP, MHXX limited edition) assuming my proxy order doesn't explode because I'm not too trusting of Play-Asia's ability to secure limited edition merchandise.

10. Mountain Dew White Out. Chocolate milk, unfiltered apple juice, and mulled apple cider also rank highly. Among alcoholic drinks, Choya plum wine and Woodford Reserve bourbon.

Still working on the rest.

EDIT:

On 8/12/2017 at 11:34 PM, Fei Mao said:

夏エベントと2nd Anniversaryの特別ログインボーナスは開催中ので今日から始めるのは有利と思う。(ログインボーナスは8月16日12:59終了)

まぁ、もう始めました。フランちゃんが帰る前にネロが二杯手に入れました。どういうことなんですか?

私はIce Dragonさんにフレンドコードを伝えます。  ( *• ̀ω•́ )b (I hope I wrote that right, not as good as you and Rey when it comes to Japanese, just want to practice a bit)

もう伝えませんかな。それ、質問なんですか?「か」を最後に付けると質問になります。とにかく、PMでFCを伝えていいのです。

Some questions:

1. Cats or Dogs?
  2. Any other favorite VAs besides Miyuki Sawashiro
  3. Do you like mecha animes? If so have you played a Super Robot War game before?
  4. Ideal vacation spot?
  5. Opinions on the current state of FEH?
  6. What are your criteria for making a guide in FEH?
  7. Are you into speedrunning?

1. Cats. Definitely cats. Big dogs are fine, too, but mostly cats.

2. Noto Mamiko and Mizuki Nana are at the top. I'm also rather partial to Kadowaki Mai, Hayami Saori, Seto Asami, Imai Asami, Miki Shin'ichirou, and Kamiya Hiroshi.

3. I'm neutral to the mecha part, genres (mecha isn't a genre in the strict sense, but whatever) tend not to stick out too much to me compared to other things. More interested in cute girls and explosions, also good stories and pretty visuals.

I haven't played a Super Robot War game before.

4. Home. Staycations are the best.

5. Mostly okay. Litrblade needs a proper check (Panic Ploy is a joke when used by the AI), but that's about it.

6. Accuracy.

7. Not really. I don't have the quick thinking skills needed for speed runs. I actually have fast reflexes, but they're untrained so I can't actually act on them.

On 8/13/2017 at 0:19 AM, Clarine said:

Dear me, I hope you do not mind me visiting this thread once more? I simply lack anything to do this morning!

VI. What do you deem as Ninian's most redeemable qualities?

VII. Perchance, do you partake in activities such as cosplay, role-playing or perhaps any similar practices?

VIII. If you are to find a lost briefcase full of money inside a train, what might you do?

IX. Are there any characters from any video games you can truly relate to?

X. On a scale of one to a hundred, how much would you consider yourself as a so-called "geek"?

Bonus Question: What are you sentiments regarding me? Mind you, I am referring to me as a person rather than my username character.

6. She's pretty. She's humble. She tries not to make a scene.

7. I would like to cosplay, but I don't really have the time to actually make a costume. Of course, I also refuse to buy one pre-made due to my pride as a craftsman since I do have the skills to make my own (as long as I can get my sister to help with detail work).

I do tend to role-play in MMOs where the player character is fully customizable. I somewhat developed a habit of doing so during my time playing Mabinogi, and it's kind of stuck to the point where her speech patterns and train of thought has become a bit too natural for me, especially when I type.

8. Probably ignore it.

9. Really only blank-slate characters that I can project myself (or Emiri's persona) through and only when the choices given to the player align with how I actually think. NPCs that are relatable tend to only be as such on only one or two facets.

10. Somewhere in the 80's.

11. I don't see you around enough to really have much of an opinion besides first impressions. My first impressions are "odd" since it feels weird to me to role-play a character here ("here" referring to the fact that we don't have much more than an avatar image and signature to represent ourselves), like what @Legion!'s been doing (he's even weirder). Role-playing feels less flow-breaking in situations where you can use more to identify yourself and also when your character's modes of speech are less distinct from the norm. (Emi, for example, has the most notable deviations in that she refers to herself in the third person where it isn't awkward to do so and likes to end sentences with "~". She also likes the "^^" emote and its variants, like "^///^" and "^^;;;".)

On 8/13/2017 at 10:34 AM, Rex Glacies said:

XV. Eastern or Western dragon?

XVI. Katana or broadsword?

XVII. Samurai or ninja?

XVIII. Have you ever solved a Rubix cube?

XIX. Have you enjoyed this interview?

15. My preference is "fantasy dragon" because Western dragons are jerks and Eastern dragons are chimeras with funny heads. In terms of design, I am extremely partial to Gore Magala, even if Valphalk as cooler wings. For more traditional designs, Beokros takes the cake.

16. Katana over broadsword, if you keep to the strict definitions of each. I like two-handed swords (or more precisely "swords that support the use of two hands") like the Scottish claymore and the German kriegsmesser, and that's where the katana fits in.

17. Samurai. Because armor.

18. By pulling off all the stickers and sticking them back on, yes.

19. Yeah. Thinking about myself and how I think isn't something I get to do often.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Will you be lifting/extending/otherwise altering the question limit?

I'm ready to roll.

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

I. Favorite of the classical and Chinese elements?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you relate to the most?

III. How were you introduced to Fire Emblem?

IV. How were you led to Serenesforest?

V. Will you be lifting/extending/otherwise altering the question limit?

I. Water and earth.

II. Eh, probably Pride and Temperance.

III. My mum got FE7 about 12 years ago and I saw her playing it once and asked to borrow it. I still haven't given it back.

IV. I've been lurking around on here for quite a few years, looking around to see if the current problem I was facing had already been answered. I actually joined as a kind of jokey bet with my brother. He met his current girlfriend online, and apparently I'm single because 'I'm not out there talking on forums' or something, and 'I'm too afraid to meet new people'. I already knew about SF and so I won our wager by joining and posting on here. Although, admittedly I almost didn't stay after that first post.

V. Sure. Ask as many questions as you desire. hoping I won't regret this