Your Top 5 female and male characters from the Tellius series(PoR and RD)

sacredenigma

1. Jill

Jill's story more then ever in the franchise illustrates just how much pain and personal loss one has to endure in order to do the "right thing".

2. Elincia

She was a decent enough character in PoR but in RD Part 2, she is really amazing.

3. Soren

Soren's character is very fascinating to see unfold. From the perspective of the player, he seems to be utterly untrustworthy and perfectly willing to sell out the group when given the opportunity. Yet, throughout the game you slowly come to realize just how close he and Ike are and why Ike utterly trusts him.

His backstory does a nice job in contributing to the setting and is cleverly reflected in the script of the main story without fully revealing his secret until his support, like his uncharacteristic loss of temper when meeting Lethe or while in Toha.

Soren avoids all the usual pit traps of his type of character, like being hostile for no reason or acting as a strawman, being more like the deliverer of uncomfortable truths.

4. Mist

Mist is someone who is seemingly nobody special. That is until tragedy hits and you are able to see just how strong and unyielding she is, going to any lengths necessary in order to protect her family and keep their spirits up, regardless of physical and psychological pain. She is pretty much the kind of person that I strive to be and while she is not a big player in the events of the story, it's specifically that lack of significance that defines her, this basic desire of wanting to protect her family against the force of events that shake the entire continent.

5. Rolf

A lot of things that apply to Mist also apply to Rolf. But compared to Mist, Rolf does not have the benefit of main story dialog after becoming playable. Fortunately, he manages to stand out by his character dealing more directly with the kind of desperation that would cause a child like him to enter the battlefield to take lives and sheet blood.

6. Yune

She is pretty much the true main character of Part 4 of Radiant Dawn and she makes her limited time count. She is very well put together, with her divinity, childishness and motherly love forming a greater whole. And it's her facing the consequences of her past actions that make Part 4 so engaging. (Which is why I utterly hate how the localization completely altered her final exchange with Ike towards something that is completely unrelated to anything that came before it. I mean, after Part 4 was all about gods being flawed just like their creation, changing Ike's final words to be about gods being needed as an inspiration for humanity is an utterly epic case of missing the point.)

7. Skrimir

Now, being a hotheaded moron whose foolishness causes the death of tons of people and therefore learns the error of their ways isn't exactly new. And Skrimir playing this role pretty much requires Caineghis to act like a moron. But it did allow the game to illustrate the shortcomings of the Laguz society, something that PoR didn't do at all.

8. Micaiah

Micaiah makes a great counterpart to both Ike and Soren, as someone who is willing to show the same kind of self-sacrificial devotion that Soren shows towards Ike but extend that love towards a whole country and it's people.

9. Reyson

Man, having a burning desire for revenge kinda sucks if you can't even punch someone without breaking the bones in your own hand.

Reyson is a character who not only has to cope with the pain of surviving the senseless massacre of his people but also with hard truths and limits that no amount of willpower can overcome. He suffers heavily from self-loathing, resenting both his own frailty as well as the pacifistic nature of his tribe, instead admiring the strength of his hawk brethren. Yet, no amount of training can make him as strong as them and he can't even eat meat without almost dying. Their kind of power is forever beyond his reach. So over the course of PoR, he also has to find value in his own role, to accept his limits and to see the strength in what he does. By the time he faces the final few bosses of Radiant Dawn, you can tell that he came a very long way.

10. Naesala

Radiant Dawn really ruined this poor guy but he was great back in PoR. In that game, there was no trace of that whole: "I have to do bad things because otherwise all my people are going to fall over dead." nonsense.

Instead he plays the role of a leader devoted towards serving his country... by any means necessary. He embodied the more unfortunate aspects of being a ruler, the ones were the wellbeing of your own people comes at the expense of other nations.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5 Males (In no order):

- Nolan

- Sothe

- Gatrie

- Geoffrey

- Aran

I like all of these guys, but it's hard to order them since there isn't a male character in this game that truly wowed me. But these dudes are all cool and my favorites.

Top 5 Females:

1.- Mia

2.- Micaiah

3.- Sanaki

4.- Marcia

5.- Laura

Mia is my favorite Tellius character, hands down. I probably just really like her archetype, but she's also gorgeous to boot. Micaiah I like because she alone makes FE10 interesting, despite her flaws, and Sanaki because of her interactions with Micaiah, and she gets some of the best lines in the game. Marcia and Laura are mostly there to fill the list, but I like them a lot.

Top 5 girls.

1) Mamma Mia! Was there any doubts as to who would be number 1? I like a lot about Mia. Her design is great, her personality is fun, she is the only character to join the GM's (and another who got stiffed support-wise in RD since she didn't get to talk about it), and Vantage is broken as **** in PoR and she's generally one of the best RD units.

2) Ilyana. Honestly, personality-wise she's not much. The fainting, weak, girl who likely has a tapeworm inside of her. What I love, though, is her design. The soft colors and gentle shape are simply nice to look at and, honestly, she's jut pleasant to see. In a non-pervy way.

3) Laura. I like the female priests. More directly, however, I like what they were trying to do with her and I feel that, once again, she had a bunch of stuff planned and got it chopped out due to the removal of supports. Why no Laura X Aran? Anyways, between her design and general attitude it wasn't in doubt she'd make it.

4) Sanaki. Miccy might be more mature but I like the spunky empress a lot more. Especially since I get the impression she doesn't have a truly malicious bone in her body.

5) Lethe. I AM NOT A FURRY! *cough* Anyways, I like Lethe because I tend to like strong women and her general design is both feline and powerful. Plus, I'll admit, I'd like to hear her purr... Even though she'd probably maul my eyes out if I said that.

Guys

1) Haar. Bleh. No real personality but a statistical brute. Worthless in PoR but great in RD.

2) Ike. SCREW YOU CLOSE FRIEND WHO ALWAYS BEATS ME WITH IKE!

3) Rolf. Honestly I don't like too much about him, but I have a TON of sympathy seeing as how he seems like the games punching bag. Worst class, terrible bases, and it seems like he's constantly doomed to fail even at romance seeing as how he doesn't even get a paired ending with Mist but Sothe gets a queen. SOTHE! Don't like him much but the guy really needs a break. I mean, the kid is STILL getting schooled by Shinon in RD DESPITE fighting in a war!

4) Gatire. Honestly, he's not much, but he gets some of the better puns in the game tossed his way. I mean... tree in a skirt.

5) Oliver. The PoR/RD male cast is really lacking in stand-out characters on the whole aside from Ike. Oliver is one of the few I remember distinctly and don't remember hating (unlike Makalov who seems like a complete slimeball) and it's fun to make some knock-off versions of him to creep out others in RP's.

Top 5 Girls.

1. Mist - I just found Mist to be a pretty cool character. I loved how she tries her best to stay strong, and her sympathize with her desire to stay with her family and the rest of the mercenaries to the end. And she went from cute to really pretty in RD, which is a major plus.

2. Marcia - She was absolutely hilarious. Amazing unit, and thought how she made up weird insults was really cool.

3. Titania - I adore the type of people who act like Team Mom and Team Dad, and Titania fills up the former quite easily. She is also one of the best units in the game in my opinion.

4. Jill - The fact that she developed so much and had her own arc even if you used her or not. I liked her design, and I'm not the biggest fan of Wyvern Knights, so she deserved a spot on this.

5. Mia - Amazing unit, and loved her upbeat personality.

Top 5 Guys

1. Ranulf - I dunno exactly, but I simply loved his upbeat yet serious personality. I think his supports were pretty cool, and loved his presence in the games. Being the best non-royal Laguz has its perks.

2. Haar - Constantly sleepiness sounds a lot like me, and I admired his loyalty and dedication to Jill's dad, even after he died. It also helps that he's like the best unit in the game.

3. Oscar - I didn't find him the best unit (DAMN YOUR TERRIBLE STRENGTH), but he was always my favorite of the brothers, and loved his interactions with Kieran. Speaking of...

4. Kieran - What can I say, he was hilarious, and I have a soft spot for the hammy type of folks.

5. Soren - Best Mage in both games. He would have been higher if he was less of a jerk, but his more funny and snarky moments were the best.

Top 5 Ladies

1) Titania: Sheer badass on a horse while also effectively being the mother figure of the mercenaries. Great design kicks ass in both games.

2) Jill: Always liked her development as a character and how she was related to the other characters.

3) Mia: Don't know why I just liked her personality and how she interacted and trained with the mercenaries.

4) Nephenee: Kickass unit especially in RD. I don't know why but I just like her.

5) Elincia: Pretty big part of the story and ends up becoming a pretty good queen.

Top 5 Guys

1) Ike: pretty much kills anything in his way, great to have a non-royal lord, and his character arc is really awesome.

2) Boyd: Always found this dude funny as hell powerful unit too and I always liked how he's butting heads with Ike.

3) Shinon: Not gonna lie kinda a dick but great unit and he fits the part well.

4) Harr: Kinda like Jill I like how he is in someway related to multiple characters. One of the best units period.

5) Ranulf: Always liked this dude really down to Earth and I like his conversations with Ike.

May as well...

Least favorite:

Guys

1) RANULF: I know this is going to sound weird, but this guy just feels like SUCH a creators pet. Sure, Sothe is as well, but at least it follows some sense of logic. I NEVER understood all the favoring he got story-wise. Ike feels like he has too many supports? Well, we have the choice between the young and plucky swordmaster who joins early on, stays with the GM's, and would gush over an earth support... or the cat who joins late, has no need for earth, has no real priority to talk to Ike over, say, Elincia or Lucia or even whichever dragon, and, hey, give him a paired ending with Ike as well! He's not even that good stat-wise and your team is probably set by the time he comes along, so what's the point?

2) Sothe. I know I just said Sothe is a creators pet, but I don't see him as bad as Ranulf. Why? Because he at least makes some sense. Not a LOT and it's mind-numbingly stupid how the little vagabond you caught on the ship and had no reason to deploy over Volke, a unit who could actually promote, ended up being the main star of RD, but it does still at least follow a path of logic. Sothe became Miccy's body-guard so he supports her and is a big part of her sections of the game. That said I still don't see why they chose SOTHE of all people to become a leading man. Was he the only one poor enough to sign their contract?

3) Stefan. I really don't get why people like this guy. He shows up out of nowhere, can easily be missed, isn't even the best swordsmaster as both Zihark and Mia can surpass him, and yet people seem to gush over him in PoR? Even in RD where he isn't even around for most of the game people like him even if they admit the other SM's are better.

4) Zihark. Anyone who knows my history with the Mia/Zihark debates knows why he made it here. That said, he's not higher on the list because I think he's actually half-way decent as a unit and actually somewhat good when you lobotomize his tier-list fanbase.

5) Devdan. Japan sucks at doing black people. I feel a bit dirty using him even though I know it's not malicious or likely even intentional.

Girls.

1) Calill. I hate girls like her. They feel fake, artificial, and more like glamour queens and like some sort of weird alien trying to impersonate humanity by watching our T.V. than actual people. Calill isn't a bad example of this but anything that even somewhat skirts close makes me wary.

2) Lucia. I don't actually hate Lucia. I just feel the girl gets backhanded hard in both games. Still, if you asked me if I'd put her on my team, in both games I'd shy away almost instantly.

3) Elincia. Once again, I don't hate Elincia. Quite the opposite. I loved her in RD and was eagerly awaiting her in PoR. Then she joined near the very end as a massively underleveled unit with only one real use that I had multiple other replacements for. I still use her in PoR and was glad she became good in RD, still... in PoR it was very disappointing and I wouldn't even touch her if it wasn't for the fact that RNG abusing her to become... passible... is about the same as taking down the Elite Four with a Ratatta.

4) Mist. *glare* Ignoring how I feel about her thanks to the Mia/Zihark debates Mist has 'Mary Sue' written all over her. What makes her really stand out, in my eyes, though is how dismissive she seems to act and how backhanded it feels. She doesn't even give Rolf a chance but gets googly-eyed over Boyd. 'But she sees Rolf like a brother'. Maybe... BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE GAME LET HER SAY THAT! Instead it just feels like she's a light Mary Sue who gets away with quite a bit without being called on it.

5) Nailah. I always felt that the inclusion of wolf laguz was less of a legitimate attempt to expand the depth of the laguz and more of an appeal to the fanbase and Nailah is their queen. Only reason Volug didn't make the guys list is because of two Mary Sues, two personal grudges, and potential racism (and the next being an asshole). Nailah doesn't have that luck. Sure, Miccy is a big Mary Sue, but I actually like her personality and design though I'm completely baffled as to how someone healing with their hands stands out in a world with magical staves capable of healing far more and she does get favor. Nailah doesn't have that. I don't like her personality, I don't like her design, I feel like her inclusion was pure fan-pandering, and I don't like her.

It's interesting to observe that Snowy doesn't seem particularly fond of his top 5 guys.

Guys

1. Makalov - He's pretty amusing, a really nice contrast to Joshua in FE8 in that he actually managed to ruin his own life with gambling.

2. Geoffrey - I've always liked his character and his supports with Elincia are pretty amazing.

3. Oliver - As well as ironically liking him, I really dig his desire for beauty.

4. Shinon - It's cool to see a character who doesn't worship the ground Ike walks on. Props to him for keeping his grudge.

5. Devdan - There's something chill about him, he just gives off some really good vibes.

Girls

1. Astrid - Generally likeable and I enjoyed her supports.

2. Titania - A solid character all around, good supports and dialogue.

3. Calill - Another one with amusing supports. Ironically her A with Geoffrey makes her advice moot.

4. Jill - Her change in views was pretty cool to see over time.

5. Meg - As trashy I as I think FE10 is, her lines made me smile.

Snowy had already listed his actual top fives, but yeah, don't know where the five least favorites came from...

I personally can't list a top five least favorites in general for Tellius, let alone a five least favorite list for each gender. There are few Tellius characters I genuinely dislike (only Soren, Mia, Micaiah, and Geoffrey), as I think most of the cast is great.

Didn't really put all that much thought into this, so it's possible that I may be forgetting someone.

Dongs

5. Haar- I can respect his way of life, plus it's cool how he's a pretty chill dude whereas everyone else seems to be pretty gung-ho about something or the other.

4. Naesala- Despite betraying everyone and their mother, he has his reasons for it and I like how he constantly backtalks his more straitlaced (and boring) Laguz counterparts.

3. Reyson- You'd imagine that he'd be a wuss from his looks, but he actually gets easily angry and I like when he was like "punching Duke Tanas broke my hand but it was worth it".

2. Shinon- It's nice to have someone who doesn't appreciate your main character, plus it's funny how he's a jerk about everything and somehow still not a horrible person.

1. Soren- Goes through a lot of character development throughout both games, and his blunt tone is refreshing when played off against the rest of the cast.

Boobs

5. Titania- She's more of a motherly figure to the Greil Mercenaries, which is funny because it basically fits her role in the game as well. Also she's pretty ridiculous, gameplay wise, in both of the games.

4. Lethe- I like how she's a jerk in PoR and while she mellows out in RD, she's still pretty cool and isn't really formulaic like a lot of female FE characters tend to be.

3. Yune- Because she's completely different from how I'd expect a goddess to be and is actually kind of condescending without being mean spirited (how) and pretty playful about it as well.

2. Elincia- Great character development through both games, and she really comes into her own in the sequel. Too bad Part 2 sucks gameplay wise.

1. Jill- Similar to Elincia, only her development really only took place in PoR (although that's not necessarily a bad thing). It was just more organic than Elincia's was, and dracoknights are better.

EDIT I might have Sanaki on the list somewhere, but I'm not sure who she'd replace. She's pretty cool because she has to deal with a lot of pressure from the failures of her predecessors and her own country as well as having to deal with her own personal inadequacies, so it feels really triumphant when she overcomes them. Also she likes messing with people. Probably in Titania or Lethe's place, and whichever one she didn't replace would move to 5th.

Edited by Refa

Favorite Female Characters

1. Marcia - I have a soft spot for Marcia. She cracks me up, her relationship with her brother is funny and feels genuine, and I like her as a unit.

2. Sanaki - best ten-year-old ever in all of FE, ever. Sanaki first comes off as a brat who's too uptight about being apostle, but she truly cares about making her country a better place. She was able to apologize to Leanne and Reyson for an event that occurred long before she was born, on her knees when Sigrun made a fuss about her bending her knee to another, and she is sincere. And she is, again, only ten years old. And a better ruler than so many adult rulers.

3. Mist - best little sister character ever (sorry Sakura). Her emotions towards events occurring in the story are so real, and you can really feel for her. Her reason for becoming playable makes so much sense, and her emotions seem consistent.

4. Elincia - RD Elincia, mostly. Becoming a respected, powerful queen when she used to be so naive shows a lot of character development for her. Emmeryn could take some notes from her.

5. Leanne - once you read a translation of what she's saying, Leanne is actually quite sassy. I like that she's not like Rafiel and a passive princess; rather, she's got guts.

Favorite Male Characters

1. Tormod - he was my favorite character in all of FE until very recently, so naturally he's on top of this list. I like that he's a simple, straightforward character who is determined to stand for what's right. I like mages as well.

2. Pelleas - Pelleas is a weak ruler done right, in my opinion. He cared for his country, but he was naive and ended up spelling their doom. And yet he tried so hard to right it, even at the cost of his life. And yet, he wasn't even Ashnard's true son. Pelleas, if he lives, does have development that I like, but I think he's just very realistically done and sympathetic.

3. Stefan - I have no reason for liking Stefan other than he has a nice aesthetic. Well, I also like his character. He's like a maturer, calmer, and yet more jaded Soren.

4. Reyson - badass heron

5. Muarim/Janaff - I just like them, shrug

Aside from Tormod, Pelleas, and Marcia I don't think these are in order.

There was some difficulty, I like nearly all of PoR's cast, but I've come up with this:

Bros(5-3 would probably change often):

5. Nasir

He didn't have much to do in RD, but his role in PoR was great. I like his character and his interactions. Also, since I just like aether on a petty/aesthetic/"rule of cool" level, I usually give him wrath/resolve which works very well.

4. Volke

Cool mysterious assassin who actually ends up being one of the funniest characters, both intentionally and unintentionally. It's pretty great.

3. Oscar

Mostly as a unit but he's an alright character too.

2. Stefan

"Hey, here's a swordmaster with S swords and the S sword with free Astra and a few points from capping strength, skill, and speed and also has a info conversation that gives an occult scroll. We're giving him to you before the half way point." Aside from being kind of ridiculous as a unit, Stefan is just a cool character. I like the subtlety to his character, dude's about as bitter as Soren or any of the edgy brooding myrmidons out there, but has a pleasant front(?, it does seem to be genuine at times) that seems to come from this sense of experience and wisdom he gives.

1. Ike

Surprisingly and unfortunately one of the few main characters who has a good character arc and development. He also has some pretty good dialogue in both games which I feel goes unrecognized. I also like when lords are good units, even if I think that actually applies to most lords.

Fem-bros:

5. probably Sanaki

A child ruler actually done really well!? What madness is this!? In PoR she manages to be both immature(she is 10) and yet surprising mature and intelligent in a way that makes sense and feels realistic for this character, given that she was basically raised by Sephiran. Then RD rolls around which expands on the idea more with having senate considering her nothing more than a figurehead and attempting to get rid of her when she actually starts to cause problems for them, which would make a lot of sense even if they weren't just evil for evil's sake. Also she's just a likable character with good dialogue.

4. Yune

AKA the one who actually replaces Micaiah as a main character. I don't mind too much though, Yune is actually interesting. In fact RD's story would've been way worse than it is even now if Yune wasn't handled so well in part 4. I can't say much about her character that Refa didn't sum up, but I'll add that I just think she's an interesting take on the order vs chaos thing.(Ashera is generic though)

3. Jill

I like Jill for basically the same reasons anyone else does: her character arc, great unit, good character design.

2. Elincia

The only character who has great character development over the course of both games. I really like both her interactions with Ike in PoR and her arc in RD. Also Queen Elincia's design.

1. Titania the true bamf

Probably in my top 3 FE characters and my favorite female character in the series period. She's a fantastic unit(I'd say second best in PoR and 1st overall for both games) and both of her character designs are my favorite in the series. Ultimately though I just really love and actually kind of admire her character. One thing I really like is how she takes the moral stance and is generally the optimist without her or her ideas ever coming off as naive or dumb, and I know this is redundant but I just really liked that. Also the only well done unrequited love/crush/whatever in the series. And fits the team mom and second in command roles perfectly. Basically Titania's the best.

Making this really made apparent how much I mostly like the female characters as opposed to the males. Though two of my least favorite characters are also female so... :/

Edited by DavidSW

Ladies

Nephenee - Playable Female Soldier? Count me in.

Calill - Loveable high glass girl with depths.

Marcia - Hilarious G-Rated cursing.

Ilyana - QT

Elincia - Character Development is good.

Gentlemen

Shinon - I like bitter, pessimistic characters.

Zihark - Nice dude who doesn't angst over tragedy.

Volke - Cool source of unintentional humor.

Haar - The coolest character design ever.

Kieran - My sides.

2. Shinon- It's nice to have someone who doesn't appreciate your main character, plus it's funny how he's a jerk about everything and somehow still not a horrible person.

is he really though

he seems like a jerk in pretty much every way

pretty much the only person he's not blatantly a dick to is Rolf

Not a horrible person in that he's not working for the bad guys, really. There are some other moments wherein he's not blatantly a dick but that wasn't really my point.

Ladies

Nephenee - Playable Female Soldier? Count me in.

Calill - Loveable high glass girl with depths.

Marcia - Hilarious G-Rated cursing.

Ilyana - QT

Elincia - Character Development is good.

Gentlemen

Shinon - I like bitter, pessimistic characters.

Zihark - Nice dude who doesn't angst over tragedy.

Volke - Cool source of unintentional humor.

Haar - The coolest character design ever.

Kieran - My sides.

Little more in depth

Nephenee gets massive brownie points for being a playable soldier. As a character, she doesn't have much to stand on though. Shy girls aren't very memorable to me. That said, I'm very interested in how she behaves around her fellow countrymen. In RD Part 2 CH 1, one of the rebel countrymen refers to her by name. Having this shrinking violet turn out to be one of the boys back home is really cool imo.

Calill didn't really stick with me in PoR. She seemed nice but also kind of obnoxious. Come RD however and we see she's raising a family, running a business and providing sage advice towards the other Crimean characters during part 2. She even gets to be the one who leaves for war to protect her country and save her family. I honestly loved seeing her mature as a character.

Marcia is pretty hilarious. I previously expected Pegasus Knights to be graceful and refined but Marcia just reacts to things in such an over the top way. It's ironic how she complains about Tanith being a hard ass when she herself has to be the adult in her family. I also like pairing her with Kieran, ensuring that she'll have grey hairs before she turns 30.

Ilyana...

I played PoR when I was like 14 ok? Hungry girls in miniskirts were things I enjoyed back then. I enjoyed her interactions with Zihark in RD.

Not much more needs to be said about Elincia. Someone else can probably explain it better than I can.

Shinon is a mess. He's bitter, cynical, racist and borderline anti social. Much of his bitterness can be traced to how he dedicated his life for Greil only to be snubbed by what he perceives to be nepotism. He's racist towards Laguz but his political ideas perfectly match those of Laguz society. Which is why I actually felt good for him when he mellows out slightly in RD and builds a small reputation for his archery. Honestly I'd think he'd make a much more interesting leader for the Greil Mercenaries than Ike. Not better mind you but much more interesting.

Zihark clearly suffered from a traumatic experience regarding his relationship. I expected him to angst about it, but it's clear he's moved on from it and uses the experience to help make the world a better place. Just a breath of fresh air from his character type. He's also a smooth motherfucker when talking to Ilyana.

Volke is a badass. More importantly he is a funny badass. From his obsession with gold to his interactions with fellow funny badass Bastion, few people can replicate the flavor of badass Volke brings. He also has sick combat animations.

Haar is just a really good unit with a really cool design. I don't really remember too much else about his character since the whole Daein plot wore me out a bit. I just remember him bodying every unit that ran into him one by one in Radiant Dawn.

Kieran is hilarious and needs no explanation.

Not a horrible person in that he's not working for the bad guys, really. There are some other moments wherein he's not blatantly a dick but that wasn't really my point.

But...Shinon IS working for the bad guys. He sides with Daein for the status and he doesn't go back very easily. Its actually rather in character for Shinon to side with Daein. Their promotion on strength philosophy goes well with Shinon believing skill should matter the most. The Daein army is also filled with jerks so he's right at home.

But anyway.

Gents

Tauroneo: He's the best ''Lorentz'' by far. Tauroneo's relation with Greil, his boss conversations with Daein bosses, his supports and his larger role in the sequel make Tauroneo a very developed character. His past and the knowledge he had nothing left but his medals also makes him rather sympathetic.

Naesala: He has many of the positive traits of Trabant in that he's a ruthless king doing evil because he cares but he also has enough to redeem himself. Plenty of times he's actually working out ways to limit the damages his actions are doing or at least claim he was planning to do so. I think it makes for an interesting character.

Zihark: Zihark has a great design, plenty of good supports and interactions with other characters. I like how he's juggling several different loyalties without coming off as an indecisive flip flop.

Tormod: What's not to like? He's likable, funny and has his heart in the right place. I also like there's a case that one of his skills is entirely in character for Tormod. He's restless by nature and has been trained to run by a tiger so of course he's going to move more than most characters.

Bastian: His Shakespeare tendencies makes him amusing and its nice to see the hype of him being a good strategist pay off. I like funny characters and I like strategist so he appeals to me a lot. Design wise he stands out for being a mage who's neither a kid nor an old man, and unlike others of that brand like Saleh or Pent he actually has a beard.

Galls:

Jill: As everyone says Jill has plenty of character development and if you play your cards right that development will even creep into the main story. I believe she's the only minor character that has that. Jill was the first Wyvren traitor character who's defection I thought was handled to the best of the stories abilities.

Titania: I like her motherly attitude, she's plot important and is actually one of the better looking characters to me.

Petrine: At first I thought she was just the Sonia type in Daein but there's more to her than that. I appreciated the formerly ''muhaha'' villain seemed to have a real soft spot for Ena and her lack of confidence do add something to her bluster.

Sanaki: An actually good child ruler who's neither a puppet nor ineffective. That's actually pretty rare. I can buy Sanaki running a country which is quite the achievement. She also reminds me of Tetra in that's she's a slightly bratty girl who's fully in charge and is very aware of that.

Calil: Beneath the snooty rich girl personality she's a pretty doting character. Its pretty obvious she's fond of Largo, Nephanee and Tormod and in RD she's pretty emphatic to most knights at her bar. This leads to a character both amusingly arrogant and very nice.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

To be fair, I like a lot of characters from the Tellius series. Here's my top 5 guys and girls in no order.

Male

Soren

Edward

Ike

Zihark

Leonardo

HM, Boyd, Oscar, Kieran, Tibarn, Ranulf and Volke

Female

Titania

Mist

Elincia

Nephenee

Marcia

HM, Mia, Heather, Jill, Lethe and Leanne

Oh man, it's hard for me to narrow it down to just five male and five female characters... like off the top of my head I know there are more than ten characters I consider 'favorites'. So let's see...

The girls

-Titania. Titania at least is an easy number one choice for female characters. She's elegant, badass, has a horse... and long red hair.

-Lethe. KITTY!

-Mia. I just love using myrmidons... and she's pretty cute. Purple's my favorite color-- not for hair, but not not for hair.

-Jill. She's got a DRAGON! Also, more red hair.

-Illyana. Maybe. Hard to decide on my #5 slot, but again, she has a cute character design in colors that I really like...

The guys:

-Reyson. I mean, yes, he can be useful, but mostly story reasons rather than 'I love using this character in gameplay'.

-Tibarn. It's not like I even particularly have a thing for wings or whatever, I just love these two particular bird dudes.

-Ranulf. Again, KITTY! He's so dang cute.

-Volke. Thief is another class I really like using...

-Rhys. I have a soft spot for ill boys... and redheads.

Top 5 Females

1: Lethe

2: Jill

3: Mist

4: Marcia

5: Nephenee

Top 5 Males

1: Soren

2: Ike

3: Ranulf

4: Black Knight

5: Greil

My opinion stems solely from Path of Radiance since I've only played that of the two and admittedly still need to finish it.

As far as my reasons go? It's hugely because of the various personality traits.

Just found this so naturally I have to post here Units are listed in no particular order

Female top 5(in no particular order)

Nephenee-An excellent Unit in both POR and DR she killed anything I needed dead able to cap stats in both games to boot she was a natural choice for imbue in RD as well considering she had decent magic that was otherwise wasted.

Jill-I loved her character development in POR the way it showed her widening her viewpoints of the world and then the great climax in her interactions in Talgera it was suberb by far one of the best examples of character development in Fire Emblem for an non lord character (at least of the games I played)

Ilyana-I have always liked electricity so naturally the lightning mage would catch my interest. In both games she joins early and gets plenty of time to get experience. Her skill and defense were also very common level up gains for her class. It also helps that no one else can use Rexbolt in RD...

Elincia-Actual character growth in RD? Why I never also helps that she is an amazing unit in RD especially with her infinite durability Brave sword, unique staff wielding flyier status, assess to stun and decent level gains she did well as a unit and served her role up to the end of endgame(where with Parity she was one of the few units that could deal with the Aouras, and actually hit in the case of using Parity rather than the superior Nihil)

Sanaki-as others have said a well done and believable child ruler also not that bad of a unit herself in RD as the endgame is where Res>>Def

Male Top 5(in no particular order)

Ashnard-Favorite Final Boss everything he used was simply a means to an end for a ideal of a strength based society. The mad king done right

Soren-Blunt to the point disliking of everyone except Ike it was a great reveal of a complex character slowly over the two games then once it is finally dawning on you yeah...

Harr-for trolling almost all of Radiant Dawn all the while who knows what happened to that delivery?

Tibarn-OP that is all where the king of hawks appears the others will die... Or as I call it the get out of a "crap I screwed up" situation for free card...

Nasir-Lets face it he was awesome, a traitor to an extent yes but for good reasons. Despite his super late join in both games he was a more than significant asset against the final chapters of both games. Also He wins the "I Survived Ashera's Overpowered attack" thanks to his amazing health and resistance. Plus White Tide...

1. Leanne

2. Marcia

3. Titania

4. Elincia

5. Jill***

***PoR only. She was the only non-story character who got significant screentime, and developed as a person both in base convos and supports. Then in RD, they threw all that out the window and had her supporting her shitty country again and fucking slaughtering laguz.

1. Naesala

2. Volug

3. Ranulf

4. Pelleas

5. Rolf

honorable mention to the sexy men of the Dawn Brigade