The Official US English Fates Website Updated

CrimeanRoyalKnight

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they calling them "lance fighter" and now "spear fighter" when they use naginatas?

I hope they don't rename naginatas to "spears", they're my favorite weapon.

I doubt it. Spears in the past are basically ranged lances, so It doesn't seem likely they will. Then again, the pegasus knight is now a sky knight... so...

Why are they calling them "lance fighter" and now "spear fighter" when they use naginatas?

I hope they don't rename naginatas to "spears", they're my favorite weapon.

tumblr_o1lfe8iGiT1qi2rjuo1_r1_540.png

Don't worry they're keeping Naginatas this is from the Polygon Birthright footage I apologize for the poor quality screen shot.

Edited by Sarahtoga104

So Matoi is now an anagram of Cordelia, just like Rhajat is to Tharja.

Bets that Gurei will be named Usagi?

If this does turn out to be the case the only thing preventing me from making fanart of him dressed as sailor moon is the fact that I can't draw for shit.

So, I did a quick calc, and all the DLC bought separately in US Dollars equals $24.90. I personally subtracted the costs of the EXP, Gold, and Weapons DLC in case I didn't want to bother with grinding (even though I bought those in Awakening and used them actively...), and the total after that was $17.43.

Since I want everything else for certain, should I just buy the pack at $17.99 and call it a day? It would at least save time in buying everything I want individually.

Ack, I can't keep up with all these updates.

Caeldori? Very interesting.

I usually don't complain about name changes, so I am not terribly bothered. I am a bit bothered by Kaden for Nishiki? Umm, what was wrong with Nishiki? Kitsunes are japanese. -_-

Well, I wouldn't say Kaden isn't exactly un-Japanese, though

c909824e9a.png

I think this is better name for a Rotom.

Many of the translations seem to be electronics-related lmao.

One I've found is 'family tradition/history'? Written like 家伝. This could be a massive stretch but my Japanese is limited to two uni courses in my first year lol so I wouldn't know the difference.

Many of the translations seem to be electronics-related lmao.

One I've found is 'family tradition/history'? Written like 家伝. This could be a massive stretch but my Japanese is limited to two uni courses in my first year lol so I wouldn't know the difference.

The 家 in 家伝 and 家電 both mean family.電 is electricity, but in this case can also mean electronics. It's basically Family-stories and Family-electronics, in the most basic sense. Edited by Thor Odinson

[1/26/16 9:13:11 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: Wait hold up stop

[1/26/16 9:13:41 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: who is Laslow
[1/26/16 9:14:05 PM] Floki Laufeyson: Lazwald
[1/26/16 9:14:58 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: On 1/26/16, at 9:14 PM, Floki Laufeyson wrote:
> Lazwald
Bye
[1/26/16 9:15:40 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: Just
bye
[1/26/16 9:16:07 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: All I can think about is that STUPID fucking Cartoon Network show with the monkeys at summer camp!
I forgot that thing even existed until this conversation. That said, I'm out of fucks to give for today. I'll just be over here, amused that Takumi and his retainers' names somehow got through localization without issue.

[1/26/16 9:13:11 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: Wait hold up stop

[1/26/16 9:13:41 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: who is Laslow
[1/26/16 9:14:05 PM] Floki Laufeyson: Lazwald
[1/26/16 9:14:58 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: On 1/26/16, at 9:14 PM, Floki Laufeyson wrote:
> Lazwald
Bye
[1/26/16 9:15:40 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: Just
bye
[1/26/16 9:16:07 PM] Vash Stupeo Scienticia: All I can think about is that STUPID fucking Cartoon Network show with the monkeys at summer camp!
I forgot that thing even existed until this conversation. That said, I'm out of fucks to give for today. I'll just be over here, amused that Takumi and his retainers' names somehow got through localization without issue.

tumblr_o1la8hB2uS1us68xzo1_540.png

this is what i want

...Benny for Benoit? Yeah, I don't like that one.

Laslow for Lazward is putting Camp Lazlo in my head and I hated that cartoon. >.> (Laslow looks like it's pronounced the same way as Lazlo)

Everything else I'm fine with.

Rhajat > Raj. Who's going to be Clam?

I am very against a lot of these. Reina is a nice name, but Yuugiri is much better. And Caeldori is silly though I wasn't expecting anything too amazing after Rhajat. Hopefully they go with Usagi for Gurei. I guess I'll just have to get used to these. It isn't like my complaining will actually do anything.

I will make an altar because Oboro keep her name! I took she for sure will get a new name but nooo! I'm happy for that!!

Now... Chevalier is now named Cheve? Like really?? Cheve??? (Its Chevalier right?)

I'm from Mexico, and here cheve is a word used for beer, when someone say to you "Give me a Cheve" they are asking for beer, so... I find this funny xD

I'll be honest, I kind of prefer Hayato to Tsukuyomi.

I don't even want to try remembering his Japanese name... >_>; Hayato is so much better for me,

I don't get why people want Gurei's name as Usagi but I guess it's better than Sugai lol.

Sky knight sounds fine since tenma means sky horse :p

Laslow. Ok, I can live with that.

Benny. I'm dying lol. I swear if they don't name Ignis as Iggy...

Caeldori...ok.

And in Elise's profile, it said Norhian instead of Nohrian???

At first I was kinda annoyed over Benny (I will say he's one of the characters I know very little about but apparently I've since heard the game calls him that as a nickname), but now I can't help but read in in a Tommy Wiseau voice and I think he's probably going to end up as one of my favorite characters because of that.

Meanwhile my poor husband, Laslow was the best you could think of, honey? It's not bothering me much either, I just find it really funny.

I'm just still annoyed over Tsubaki being Subaki. Someone made a nice graphic thing with characters and their names meaning (both English and Japanese names) and Tsubaki's was just kinda painful to see have the English one essentially being "people don't get this name without the the T, it's just not a thing". I hate the idea of being a "Japanese/original is always better" kind of fan, but I'm going to have to be with Tsubaki because it annoys that much.