The Next Remake

Next Fire Emblem Remake  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should get a remake next?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Tharacia 776
    • Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
    • Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn

An avatar simply wouldn't make sense in FE4

...Unless the avatar died in the battle of Belhalla along with nearly everyone else, and Seliph still remained the main character of act 2, with the avatar's child being just another child character. That would be interesting...

I'm not even talking about having an avatar - I'm talking about most everything else.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want an Avatar taking Sigurd's spotlight

Never again

Well yeah, but I think the custom-made character is too cool of a feature to really pass up, so honestly I'd like to have it in there if it was just another one of Sigurd's starting soldiers that you happened to be able to customize.

I'm not even talking about having an avatar - I'm talking about most everything else.

Oh shoot, I think I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that, I could've SWORN I quoted somebody talking about avatars.

Edited by Alastor15243

They should first remake FE1 again, because like FF1 it's a timeless classic that's worth it. Afterwords, they should remake that with the changes of FE3 and the second book. Then, they should keep the same story but drastically alter the mechanics when they remake FE11. Afterwords, they can add in a bunch of superfluous nonsense and harder difficulty settings in the remake of FE12.

I don't trust IS to keep true to any of these games if they remade them right now.

But I'll say Gaiden, because Valm was in Awakening after all.

Edited by Jedi

They should first remake FE1 again, because like FF1 it's a timeless classic that's worth it. Afterwords, they should remake that with the changes of FE3 and the second book. Then, they should keep the same story but drastically alter the mechanics when they remake FE11. Afterwords, they can add in a bunch of superfluous nonsense and harder difficulty settings in the remake of FE12.

pls

My answer is FE2, either officially or through fan-creation. Because *bias*.

Edited by Tryhard

To be honest, I think that none should be remade, especially with the road taken by the series now. If one should still be sacrificed, I'd say that Gaiden is the one that needs a remake the most but I wouldn't put an ounce of hope in it.

Edited by Sartek

Honestly I'd rather they don't remake a game if they aren't going to keep it true to the original. If they do, please, PLEASE no playable avatar.

If I had to pick though, I'd say Gaiden needs a remake the most.

Edited by DragonLord

Either Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776. I really, really wanna play em but the graphics are eh to me. I'd rather a remaster than a remake though

Edited by BeMine96

Gaiden definitely, I would love all the old games remade but first of all Gaiden, mostly because I never played it and it has some of my favorite characters like Celica lol. I would love a thracia remake too, people seem to like that one a lot.

I can like gameplay and certain characters without liking the game or it's direction as a whole.

uh...not to sound condescending but you can't blame people for questioning what you're saying while having a character from the direction of the series you refer to as malignant, it just seems contradictory to me, you could have chosen a character from the times you don't see the series that way but that's me lol.

Genealogy, in my opinion, needs a big overhaul. Entire characters and even weapon types (any magic other than Wind and Light) are completely useless, many of the characters because they were not gifted with a horse. Balance is really the major issue, though I would prefer if they kept the big maps, since that's really the distinguishing feature of Genealogy.

Genealogy, in my opinion, needs a big overhaul. Entire characters and even weapon types (any magic other than Wind and Light) are completely useless, many of the characters because they were not gifted with a horse. Balance is really the major issue, though I would prefer if they kept the big maps, since that's really the distinguishing feature of Genealogy.

Exactly what I was talking about when I said that FE4 would need to change a hell of a lot of mechanics. Though it'd need to do away with the deplorable money system and fixed weapon ranks too, to say nothing of needing to nerf the holy weapons and fixing the trading system. The maps themselves, I could let slide if it implements rescue.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I'd have to say Gaiden. I really like Genealogy of the Holy War, but Gaiden needs it way more.

I really like Binding Blade as well, but I don't think that one needs a remake at all. I mean, I guess if they wanted to add in an account of what happened to the characters from Blazing Sword (although you already know what happened to several of them), but even then...it doesn't really need a remake.

I'd be a little wary of a remake, though. I wouldn't want them to add in an Avatar character or give it the whole "everyone can marry everyone" treatment. But if they can do it right...Gaiden.

Balance isn't really a problem only Genealogy has though, literally every FE has balance issues. Its almost to be expected at this point, honestly though. There isn't really anyone who's truly dead weight in Genealogy considering you can deploy everyone, the pairing system makes all the various pairings have their own appeal. Plus mounted classes generally have poor caps in Genealogy, its more the holy weapons that break stuff and that is amazingly fun to rip things to shreds with, FE4 also is one of the few games where archers can actually play a role because they were actually statted correctly instead of just the snipers being statted correctly (I mean hell Faval is one of the few people who can do major damage to the final boss). Yes the wide open maps makes it harder for footies to contribute but you usually have multiple objectives and multiple ways to tackle them. Mounts being "broken" only really works with a LTC or ranked mindset.

Genealogy doesn't have a Wendy, or a Fiona or the issues 70% of the cast in FE12 have.

Balance isn't really a problem only Genealogy has though, literally every FE has balance issues. Its almost to be expected at this point, honestly though. There isn't really anyone who's truly dead weight in Genealogy considering you can deploy everyone, the pairing system makes all the various pairings have their own appeal. Plus mounted classes generally have poor caps in Genealogy, its more the holy weapons that break stuff and that is amazingly fun to rip things to shreds with, FE4 also is one of the few games where archers can actually play a role because they were actually statted correctly instead of just the snipers being statted correctly (I mean hell Faval is one of the few people who can do major damage to the final boss). Yes the wide open maps makes it harder for footies to contribute but you usually have multiple objectives and multiple ways to tackle them. Mounts being "broken" only really works with a LTC or ranked mindset.

Genealogy doesn't have a Wendy, or a Fiona or the issues 70% of the cast in FE12 have.

Not that I disagree, but personally, I'd find being able to deploy everyone to be bad for replayability. Also, I'd consider needing to wait several turns for footsoldiers to catch up with the main army to be pretty bad, especially when it happens repeatedly. And as others stated, whilst there might be no Wendy or Fiona, Genealogy DOES have Arden.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I think every FE does have balance issues, though Genealogy has them to a greater extent than others (not that it makes it a bad game though). Speeding up infantry units (maybe only on road) could improve the pace of the game. Plus it may not have Wendy or Fiona, but it does have Ardan.

...Arden?

I've heard less than positive things about him.

Gaiden seems to be the safest choice mostly because they have already worked out how to improve its concepts in later games. Also there aren't many things they could potentially "ruin" compared to, say, FE4. At this point everything could be an improvement. I think the worst offense would be avatar system to those who dislike it or leaving Alm's maps intact.
Actually I have a hard time imagining MyUnit in Gaiden unless you get TWO MUs (one for Alm, one for Celica) or at least customizable MU for Alm side and his/her uncustomizable childhood friend for Celica's side.

However, it's now or never. I can't imagine IS starting the next generation of Fire Emblem with Gaiden remake because there is no way it will be commercially successful. The best we might get is something made on shoestring budget for 3DS with heavy reusage of Awakening and Fates assets.

Edited by Cat Villager

...Arden?

I've heard less than positive things about him.

Arden gets you a pursuit ring, and can make kids tanky. He's better than the people I just mentioned from that alone.

Arden gets you a pursuit ring, and can make kids tanky. He's better than the people I just mentioned from that alone.

Adren is objectively inferior to Lex as a father and unit in almost every conceivable way except weapon inheritance, and even then Lex can still kill some enemies and have weapons he can't use but his children can in his inventory.

Uh, why, exactly? A title shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Bear in mind this is the fanbase who is STILL angry with Nintendo for changing Thany to Shanna, Celice to Seliph, Sety to Ced, Lachesis to Raquesis etc etc etc.

Bear in mind this is the fanbase who is STILL angry with Nintendo for changing Thany to Shanna, Celice to Seliph, Sety to Ced, Lachesis to Raquesis etc etc etc.

Wow, seriously? For little things like that? That's just ridiculous... Besides, those aren't even bad name changes, except for maybe Raquesis...

Wow, seriously? For little things like that? That's just ridiculous... Besides, those aren't even bad name changes, except for maybe Raquesis...

In the case of Ced, he's supposed to share the name of the crusader named Sety. That connotation is lost when changed to Ced, which is more short for Cedric than anything. Raquesis may have just been them being stupid and being /too/ literal.

Otherwise, I also lol at the namewanking. Celice to Serlis to Seliph is really no big deal.

And then there's others like Roro to Legion that were downright genius.