The Next Remake

Next Fire Emblem Remake  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should get a remake next?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Tharacia 776
    • Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
    • Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elibe is like the worst FE continuity in the first place. Anything they did would be an improvement.

except that Louise thing because that would be weird but it's not fair to assume like that.

I like remakes to be more faithful, for example I do not like the Majora's Mask 3ds remake because the changed the bosses and other thing beyond what that needed to be changed, like the song of double time.

I am playing 12 right now and I don't want 6 & 7 (My second favorite game of all time!) to get the same treatment.

All they should do if they remake it is fix the support system, update the visual and music, and improve the translation.

I can't stand geneology's map size, even with savestates it's just too big, there is a reason they never made maps that big in any future installment

I would like to see the Elibe saga remade, it might bring IS back to their roots

I can't stand geneology's map size, even with savestates it's just too big, there is a reason they never made maps that big in any future installment

I would like to see the Elibe saga remade, it might bring IS back to their roots

Who says they want to go back to those "roots?" They're fine now, thank you.

Anyway, Elibe is not the series's beginning in the first place. If you want something like that, wish for Gaiden, not the 6/7th FE games

I honestly don't want another 1-5 remake without Kaga on the staff, especially the Archanea duology. I'd probably go a 6-7 remake where seven's decisions pass down to six.

Edited by Draxal

I like remakes to be more faithful, for example I do not like the Majora's Mask 3ds remake because the changed the bosses and other thing beyond what that needed to be changed, like the song of double time.

I am playing 12 right now and I don't want 6 & 7 (My second favorite game of all time!) to get the same treatment.

All they should do if they remake it is fix the support system, update the visual and music, and improve the translation.

In that case why even buy the remake when you can just play the original?

I don't feel strongly enough about it to change my vote, but now I'm thinking that Sacred Stones would be pretty cool too.

I mean it's already built a lot like Awakening so there's not much the current series' direction could do to "ruin" it (I honestly like most of the Awakening and Fates era features honestly), but not only that, but it easily has some of the best music of the Fire Emblem GBA era, music where the biggest flaw is crappy artificial instruments that don't carry the proper intensity.

Seriously. What I would pay to hear "Truth, Despair and Hope (Ablaze)" or a fully orchestrated "The Prince's Despair". Goddamn that would be miraculous.

Subjective, there are a GREAT DEAL of Elibe fans out there, myself included, who think it's the best FE continuity.

If you don't want to offend someone, please just say that Elibe is your least favorite FE continuity, instead of calling it the worst.

Example, I don't like Jugdral, yet I wouldn't call it the worst continuity, just my least favorite.

Ignore 'em. They can't go anywhere without acting all high-and-mighty and holier-than-though and saying how awful the GBA games are.

In that case why even buy the remake when you can just play the original?

Because it has improve visuals and quatily of life changes... I would love to play a version of Fire Emblem 6 & 7 with a fixed support system, updated visuals and music, and a improved translation (as there are some translation errors).

I remakes to be like Windwaker HD small changes but nothing big.

Ignore 'em. They can't go anywhere without acting all high-and-mighty and holier-than-though and saying how awful the GBA games are.

Amen brother. Edited by Locke087

Because it has improve visuals and quatily of life changes... I would love to play a version of Fire Emblem 6 & 7 with a fixed support system, updated visuals and music, and a improved the translations (as there are some translation errors).

I remakes to be like Windwaker HD small changes but nothing big.

Amen brother.

Well I'm the opposite. If I'm buying remakes I want it to be an expanded experience. I look at Majora's Mask and I see them not changing enough. I want every character in that game to wander around town instead of just Anju, Gorman and the Post Man. I like extra dungeons, weapons, side quests and story elements I couldn't get in the original games. Most remakes are on a system where they have the technology to do way more. Shelling out sixty quid for what is essentially a new gloss of paint is inane from my perspective. Especially in this day and age where virtual play makes it easy to play games in their original form. The Wind Waker in particular is a pretty egregious example. Sure they gave us the swift sail but it didn't help the fact that most of the ocean is empty and perfectly capable of expansion. Hell that game even took away stuff the original had like part of the Triforce Quest (admittedly quite annoying the first time round but if you're going to remove something then do it probably rather than the bastardisation they did go with) and the Tingle Tuner. I have no idea why they removed the Tingle Tuner. The Wii U Pad seems practically made for it. Sure the whole Mii Verse bottle thing was nice but it didn't have to replace a legitimately fun and interesting expansion the game originally had.

Funny, I seem to see tons of people get by from calling Awakening and Fates bad. The GBA games don't magically get a free pass from criticism. The characters in FE7 are probably the worst parts, with stuff like the worst Christmas Cavaliers, Sain and Kent. Their stats end up worse than even the two from Thracia because lolscrolls or Erk, the guy who gets eclipsed by Pent almost absolutely.

Funny, I seem to see tons of people get by from calling Awakening and Fates bad. The GBA games don't magically get a free pass from criticism. The characters in FE7 are probably the worst parts, with stuff like the worst Christmas Cavaliers, Sain and Kent. Their stats end up worse than even the two from Thracia because lolscrolls or Erk, the guy who gets eclipsed by Pent almost absolutely.

*Yawn*

Anyway, moving on to actual intellectual talk, if not Gaiden then I'd definitely say Genealogy/Thracia. I really like Jugdral, and with today's technology they might even be able to combine the two of them somehow.

But holy crap please no Avatar...

Anyway, moving on to actual intellectual talk, if not Gaiden then I'd definitely say Genealogy/Thracia. I really like Jugdral, and with today's technology they might even be able to combine the two of them somehow.

But holy crap please no Avatar...

I don't think Genealogy and Thracia would merge very well unless you made 2 games in one, because not only do they have major gameplay differences, the pacing and structures are totally different.

Fairly sure if they remade FE4, it would be 80% different from what made it FE4 in the first place, which is why I always found it to be a bad idea to want a remake.

Like not dissing Awakening/Fates, but the gameplay stuff they use just wouldn't fit Jugdral, and IS will likely want to keep those conventions.

Edited by Jedi

Fairly sure if they remade FE4, it would be 80% different from what made it FE4 in the first place, which is why I always found it to be a bad idea to want a remake.

Like not dissing Awakening/Fates, but the gameplay stuff they use just wouldn't fit Jugdral, and IS will likely want to keep those conventions.

I wouldn't mind playing a different FE4 (in that case, a FE4 more similar to Awakening/Fates, in terms of gameplay) that much, so long as the changes are good and they make the game fun. I'm more concerned about the change in tone. Arguably the only thing I wouldn't want in the game would be the pair up system.

I think that some core things in FE4, like the arena in the player's castle, individual finances and untradeable but fixable items, can be kept, or perhaps even expanded (such as dual battles in the arena, where a much more experienced unit helps someone weaker, and bestowing the Give option to characters who have A+ Support). I just don't think IS is (ha) able to make a remake on level with FE4's tone, and they're probably going to divide the maps in lower parts. I also doubt the Battle of Barhara and its consequences wouldn't be changed. A shame, because it'd be their perfect excuse for a game with child characters.

Edited by Rapier

Well I'm the opposite. If I'm buying remakes I want it to be an expanded experience. I look at Majora's Mask and I see them not changing enough. I want every character in that game to wander around town instead of just Anju, Gorman and the Post Man. I like extra dungeons, weapons, side quests and story elements I couldn't get in the original games. Most remakes are on a system where they have the technology to do way more. Shelling out sixty quid for what is essentially a new gloss of paint is inane from my perspective. Especially in this day and age where virtual play makes it easy to play games in their original form. The Wind Waker in particular is a pretty egregious example. Sure they gave us the swift sail but it didn't help the fact that most of the ocean is empty and perfectly capable of expansion. Hell that game even took away stuff the original had like part of the Triforce Quest (admittedly quite annoying the first time round but if you're going to remove something then do it probably rather than the bastardisation they did go with) and the Tingle Tuner. I have no idea why they removed the Tingle Tuner. The Wii U Pad seems practically made for it. Sure the whole Mii Verse bottle thing was nice but it didn't have to replace a legitimately fun and interesting expansion the game originally had.

I don't entirely disagree, but I figure if you are going to that far you might as well make a new game... Also Majora Mask doesn't need more Temples for the same reason Pride and Prejudice doesn't need Zombies it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place... But I like the town Idea that would be cool.

Edited by Locke087

I don't entirely disagree, but I figure if you are going to that far you might as well make a new game... Also Majora Mask doesn't need more Temples for the same reason Pride and Prejudice doesn't need Zombies it was supposed to be there in the first place... But I like the town Idea that would be cool.

More temples isn't something I'd campaign for in Majora's Mask. It would be something I'd like to see in The Wind Waker though (since it initially had more Temples planned and it does feel somewhat lacking in that department). Well actually I'd be okay if they added a Cave of Ordeals type area, probably expanded the Spirit Cave in Ikana to do so. But as far as main dungeons go there's no need, the games is about the side stuff and the four dungeons for four areas work well. Things I'd like to see in Majora's Mask would be more side quests like the Gorman one they added and more diversity from the characters and the time system (it annoys me that the bombers of all people hang around till the Final Night. I know they're there so you can still potentially progress during the first cycle as a Deku Scrub but I find it pretty disconcerting to have children of all things plodding round and completely unconcerned with the apocalypse happening literally over their heads). I'd also love it if they let you go to the Carnival of Time for a day before the end. We see it in the credits and Link even sticks around for a performance. It'd be great to interact with all the citizens of Termina once the danger has passed for them with how happy they are depending on whether you helped them or not that cycle. I know if there was something like this, then I would be motivated to do one perfect cycle where I try to help everyone. There could be crowds of people from all over the game with tons of timed events like the Indigo-gos playing their performance at 8pm or Anju and Kafei getting married at noon, but that's only if you saved our star's voice and reunited the lovers. Majora's Mask was more about the side quests and world then it was about the main quest and combat, that is why I think this would be a satisfying, amazing and frankly beautiful way to end the game. All in all Majora's Mask 3D was a definite step in the right direction from what I want to see in a remake. No game is perfect (except Tetris) so when remaking I personally want to see the experience expanded upon and fully realised using the no doubt superior tech that is available.

Looking back I now realise I've rambled a little bit too much about Zelda in a Fire Emblem thread. To state something relating to the main topic, I want to see Gaiden since it has some unique gameplay ideas and is by far the most outdated (and littlest played) game that hasn't been remade yet.

There are no people on this forum as incessant, monotonous and downright mean as you in regards to their least favorite games in the series.

There is a difference in calling a series bad and criticizing it in the right place, in the right time and with the right words. You never fucking do that, you always pester GBA fans or call out others for having different opinions than yours, and sometimes you do that even in the wrong threads or subforums. You also never properly explain why you think the GBA games are the worst, other than cookie cutter half-assed half-baked replies such as "It's bland, the characters are bad".

We get that you dislike it. Stop saying it all the time.

Not to mention, you want to call out hardcore Awakening and Fates, yet you are just the same when you talk about the GBA games. You are a huge hypocrit.

Dude, you're wasting your time complaining about Awakening/Fates haters here. Plenty of people are critical of the GBA games (ie: Lyn's complete irrelevance to FE7's plot, FE7's plot in general, FE8's lack of difficulty, Roy being a lackluster unit) so they hardly get a "free pass".

You're the only one I see spitting vitriol around here.

There is an approximately fifteen thousand word essay about how the plot of FE7 sucks that I have seen linked on multiple occasions. Here, I'll throw out a link as well because I personally find it a great read http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27311. Every thread on this site is bound to have someone popping in to say they don't like what a game did either casually or critically (well except for the NES games as per my above comment only like 10% of us have played them if even). Which is fine. It's only when people get obnoxious and repetitive about complaints do they start to annoy. All the games have issues. Genealogy's maps are too big. FE6's hit rates are too low. Radiant Dawn's availability is all over the place. Whether these issues are actually viewed as flaws is entirely up to personal opinion and we do get varied opinions. None of the games are perfect. That's precisely why this thread is about remaking them.

Edited by Jotari

More temples isn't something I'd campaign for in Majora's Mask. It would be something I'd like to see in The Wind Waker though (since it initially had more Temples planned and it does feel somewhat lacking in that department). Well actually I'd be okay if they added a Cave of Ordeals type area, probably expanded the Spirit Cave in Ikana to do so. But as far as main dungeons go there's no need, the games is about the side stuff and the four dungeons for four areas work well. Things I'd like to see in Majora's Mask would be more side quests like the Gorman one they added and more diversity from the characters and the time system (it annoys me that the bombers of all people hang around till the Final Night. I know they're there so you can still potentially progress during the first cycle as a Deku Scrub but I find it pretty disconcerting to have children of all things plodding round and completely unconcerned with the apocalypse happening literally over their heads). I'd also love it if they let you go to the Carnival of Time for a day before the end. We see it in the credits and Link even sticks around for a performance. It'd be great to interact with all the citizens of Termina once the danger has passed for them with how happy they are depending on whether you helped them or not that cycle. I know if there was something like this, then I would be motivated to do one perfect cycle where I try to help everyone. There could be crowds of people from all over the game with tons of timed events like the Indigo-gos playing their performance at 8pm or Anju and Kafei getting married at noon, but that's only if you saved our star's voice and reunited the lovers. Majora's Mask was more about the side quests and world then it was about the main quest and combat, that is why I think this would be a satisfying, amazing and frankly beautiful way to end the game. All in all Majora's Mask 3D was a definite step in the right direction from what I want to see in a remake. No game is perfect (except Tetris) so when remaking I personally want to see the experience expanded upon and fully realised using the no doubt superior tech that is available.

Looking back I now realise I've rambled a little bit too much about Zelda in a Fire Emblem thread. To state something relating to the main topic, I want to see Gaiden since it has some unique gameplay ideas and is by far the most outdated (and littlest played) game that hasn't been remade yet.

I actually do not think any of that is a bad idea because it is expanding on the originals vision rather that changing things that don't need to be changed. For example let's look at the boss changes in Majora 3ds, the original boss patterns were actual symbolic of conquering there respective grief cycle, and the remake actually ruins the symbolism of both Gyorg and Twinmold by changing there patterns, and to add insult to injury they somehow made Gyorg even less fun then he was originally. Then they add massive weird eyes that pop out the bosses for no reason (it was not that hard to find there weak spot) and then they make it so you have to beat Twinmold with a contextual button press that they don't prompt you to do ... I had to look up how to beat Twinmold I spent forever trying to figure out why he would not die, it is not good game design... Beyond that, stuff like changing the banks location breaks my immersion because why would a bank be located behind a clock tower that makes no sense, I know it is for convenience but it just feels to gamy, it should feel like I'm existing in a world rather than a world existing for me.

Tying this back to fire emblem I wouldn't mind expanding on the intentions of the original, but I do not want them to change the original vision of the game (i.e. having Mark be able to marry absolutely everyone, or adding reclassing, or making it have a world map or something like that).

Edited by Locke087

I don't think Genealogy and Thracia would merge very well unless you made 2 games in one, because not only do they have major gameplay differences, the pacing and structures are totally different.

That is true. Maybe they could kinda do like Metroid: Zero Mission, and have it like...you beat Genealogy, and for beating it you unlock Thracia?

I subscribe to the Pokemon style of remakes, where the general feel of the game is preserved but the mechanics are upgraded to modern standards. I'd like an FE4 remake or FE7 remake, this time with a playable tactician that has minimal story interaction. These stories and setting have a lot to offer and I'm tired of Akaneia games.

That said...

I absolutely do not trust the current IS to not fuck everything up.

I went with FE4 because... fuck the Pawn Shop. It's so dumb. Seriously, if they made the Pawn Shop because they thought that then your characters would get too OP too fast, then they had to think their priorities straight. It doesn't make it harder, just more tedious and dumb.

IMO, FE4 is still the best FE if you want to just chill with OP units, even better than Awakening because there's epic-sounding things like HOLY BLOOD and HOLY WEAPONS thrown into the inheritance mix, plus you are forced to use the results of your match making and it's awesome (whereas in Awakening it's just a bonus).

I'm sure it would still sell nowdays, especially with its darker story. The sad thing is that they'd have to throw an avatar into the mix...

Ehhh, I honestly dislike FE4's playable characters except for Lana. I've already griped about the mechanics, so I don't see the need to say any more on the subject, other than only a remake could make me think it'd be worth playing... Not that I trust IS to not drop the ball after Shadow Dragon.

Yeah, I may like the MU in Awakening, Fates, and FE7, but I absolutely can't STAND Kris in NM. Combined with how NM doesn't fix my problems with the original,beyond checkpoints which are a Godsend, I just can't get into it as much as SD, which I like as a pick up and play game.

I haven't played, it, but... Is he really that bad?

Edited by Levant Colthearts