The Next Remake

Next Fire Emblem Remake  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should get a remake next?

• Gaiden
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Tharacia 776
    • Binding Blade/Sword of Seals
    • Rekka no Ken/Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn

I would love to see a two-in-one FE6/FE7 remake in the style of Genealogy. There's plenty of characters in FE6 that are the children of those in FE7, so they could throw in the inheritance mechanics from the most recent games. They could make Mark/The Tactician a playable avatar character a la Robin/Kamui. I would suggest they add more children characters, but then again FE6's character roster is already pretty bloated. Also not sure if I'd prefer they just keep the original support options, or open it up so everybody can marry everybody.

Yeah...I'm in agreement with everyone saying they don't like this. I don't think this'd be very good, especially the part about opening it up so everybody can marry.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see FE7 and 6 as one game, but keep the same marriage options with the exception of the Avatar who can marry anyone, bar characters like Pent for obvious reasons, but the avatar SHOULDN'T show up in the FE6 portion. Marc's kid, sure, go ahead, but Mark himself should stay in the hypothetical gen 1.

That said, I'd still prefer a Gaiden remake, but the need of an Avatar just conflicts too much with that game's structure.

I'd love to see FE7 and 6 as one game, but keep the same marriage options with the exception of the Avatar who can marry anyone, bar characters like Pent for obvious reasons, but the avatar SHOULDN'T show up in the FE6 portion. Marc's kid, sure, go ahead, but Mark himself should stay in the hypothetical gen 1.

I think letting Mark marry everyone would ruin FE7, even if you lock him out of people like Pent, Louise, Bartre and Karla. IS would have to write a bunch of romantic support chains for Mark, and if they're going to write extra supports anyway I'd rather they give that priority to the existing characters that we know and love rather than a shitty self-insert wannabe.

And on a fandom level, I do NOT want to see FE7 become all about waifus.

I do NOT want to see "MARK/LYN/ELIWOOD/HECTOR/PRISCILLA/RAVEN/REBECCA/WHOEVER IS CANON". FE7's pairing wars were annoying enough already even without freaking Mark.

Edited by Sunwoo

That said, I'd still prefer a Gaiden remake, but the need of an Avatar just conflicts too much with that game's structure.

Haha. I'm now imagining a very complicated support branch where you can break up Pent and Louise's relationship causing bitter Base Conversations, negative support bonuses and perhaps the most hilariously horrible character endings ever.

I think letting Mark marry everyone would ruin FE7, even if you lock him out of people like Pent, Louise, Bartre and Karla. IS would have to write a bunch of romantic support chains for Mark, and if they're going to write extra supports anyway I'd rather they give that priority to the existing characters that we know and love rather than a shitty self-insert wannabe.

I do NOT want to see "MARK/LYN/ELIWOOD/HECTOR/PRISCILLA/RAVEN/REBECCA/WHOEVER IS CANON". FE7's pairing wars were annoying enough already even without freaking Mark.

Mark was already part of the pairing wars, unfortunately. Which is why I don't like him regardless of the fact he does nothing.

Tbh if there is a remake then no self insert is the most optimal route. FE6/7 combo sounds awesome in theory... but there are very few FE6 characters who could reap any sort of benefit (Roy, Lilina, Lugh, Raigh, Sue (maybe), and Wolt) and adding more would make the FE6 cast more unnecessarily huge than it already is (like really is there any point to Treck existing?).

So imo, just straight FE2/4/6 no avatar, no combo games, no marriage outside what was possible in the original release, no children shoehorning (FE4 wouldn't be shoehorning since they were there to begin with), GBA/FE9 type supports (5 combo limit, both GBA and FE9 methods of gaining points valid), weapon triangle as it was in the original release (for 2 just give the standard Triangle)...

Sword of Seals IMO, just because the Blazing Sword was released outside of Japan and it's Roy came from considering he and Marth were two characters that confused a lot of people as to where exactly they came from on the release of Melee and Shadow Dragon already got a re-make it seems fitting that they'd remake Roy's game more or less just for that reason.

That said a port of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn to the 3DS would surely be welcomed by all those who can't find a reasonable priced copy to play, Fire Emblem to me is more of a portable game, I liked Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn just fine, but they also felt lackluster playing on a console. I also feel like they really wouldn't have to do a lot to it, just take what's there and port it. If they have any intention of re-releasing Stones or Blazing Sword it should probably just be on the e-shop to buy as it was released.

Edited by Dwlr

I need avatars in my game. I'd hate to play a game without one. Corrin's the series's best MC and I don't even self insert.

I want Gaiden remade with twin avatars. This time, instead of picking a gender, one goes with Alm, the other with Celica. They can obviously can't marry Alm or Celica, but that's the extent of that. Oh, and don't let them romance each other for obvious reasons. Make them separated at birth or something. idk I'm not go

I don't think children are needed, but Gaiden has a really small cast that's separated the entire time without using the resurrection system. I think it needs a boost in numbers, just not from children. The only other non-romanced characters would be Camus and what's-her-face because I believe everyone else is free.

Add My Castle, a ton of groovy supports, fun writing, reclassing through the Mouth of Truths in the Temple replacing resurrection because Casual and Phoenix Mode exist.

Honestly, everyone saying avatars are just for self insertion are looking at the wrong crowds. Corrin and Robin have good personalities and good designs. I love their ability to marry anyone, especially Niles and Rhajat for Corrin. I feel that people are really biased against avatars.

I have many problems with this idea

for one, it'd be hugely wasted potential just only adding new marriage options for Mark

but mostly this

it'd mean a bunch of shitty unnecessary supports that mostly wouldn't be good

part of the reason I like the supports in games like FE7 and 9 is because of how they choose which characters can support

most characters who can support have some history with each other, or something in common, or just a similar background

it leads to interesting character interactions that actually feel like they serve a purpose

in games where everyone can support the avatar, almost all characters can support with each other, and all opposite sex supports lead to marriage, so many supports just feel horribly forced and pointless

fe12 and 13 both have so many avatar supports that just feel flat out pointless and don't add anything to the characters

a good example of a support between characters who have no real reason to talk to each other is libra and cordelia

they don't really have anything to talk about, so they carry boxes around

Edited by maybe

Fair enough.

Obviously I wouldn't want an FE6/7 remake to do the story poorly or make Mark a Mary Sue-esque character like Robin and Kamui, I'd prefer if he kept the same toned-down role he had in the original. In a sense, he is the OG Robin though, and people are correct that he was involved in the shipping wars despite not being able to support - mostly with Lyn.

Breaking up Pent/Louise and Bartre/Karla would also be bad. I think I'm more convinced it would be better if they took a more restrained approach with supports. But there already did exist multiple pairing options for many characters in the originals (i.e. Jaffar/Erk for Nino, Sain/Wil/Lowen for Rebecca), and with those pairings I think it would add something to the game to open up their options a bit more.

The thing about it being a remake is they don't have to do much with the story or gameplay - it's already intact and perfectly good (at least better than Awakening and Fates) - and they can just focus on enhancing the more cosmetic stuff and bonus content. I'm thinking of it kind of in terms of what they did with the Pokemon remakes.

Perhaps that's the reason why Gaiden would make the better remake, though - it would require enough work that it might be almost like a brand new game.

Edited by Chaotix

It's kind of sad we can't discuss theoretical remakes without half the forum shouting "No, don't do that! IS would ruin it!". I mean, I don't have much faith in IS either but we're just talking about what we'd WANT to have for a remake, right?

Edited by NekoKnight

It's kind of sad we can't discuss theoretical remakes without half the forum shouting "No, don't do that! IS would ruin it!". I mean, I don't have much faith in IS either but we're just talking about what we'd WANT to have for a remake, right?

This is very true. I'm not sure I even stated what I'd like to see in a Gaiden revamp.

I'd like to see the towns expanded upon, maybe use the My Castle features that 14 has going for it, also funny enough Gaiden has a map, branching classes (although promotions are gotten in dungeon shrines), and quite a number of things Fates is using already such as no durability. So it could honestly be a natural progression

Overall though I'd like growths to stay low, kinda like original FE2 and Tear Ring Saga, keep the Witches and other stuff, but design the maps better, not sure if they'd like to go back to having archers being able to 1-5 range, all they have to remember is how they made FE12 archers, the snipers across the series and Takumi to keep going with Archers not being weak compared to their prepromoted counterparts and the rest of the cast.

If you make an avatar, then have them be a friend of Alm's, but I'd like for them to have nearly no spotlight. Keep in all the split stuff between Alm and Celica obviously, but maybe draw from an idea in TRS, and be able to maybe trade a member of their teams or two, maybe the avatar could be a messenger of sorts between the two groups actually, helping them coordinate stuff. That would be for the best I think.

In terms of supports I'd like to see them back in their limited format, C-A, no kids, a few parings, more so implied etc, heck if they wanted to go for pure gameplay I wouldn't say no to FE10's support system for a Gaiden revamp. Long as they had base convos to compensate.

I'd like to see Anna in Gaiden in some form since she missed her shot the first time round. Such pointless things matter to me.

I wouldn't be against that, I mean she's basically the main reoccurring character in the series, could have her talk with Palla, Catria and Est maybe even.

I think the problem is more that people don't want to think about something that's... pretty much impossible.

like, it'd be cool if some of this stuff happened, but I'd severely doubt that most of it ever would considering how the series currently is