Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (releases on the 4th!)

Anacybele

Favorite TP Dungeon  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of TP's dungeons is your favorite?

• Forest Temple
    • Goron Mines
    • Lakebed Temple
    • Arbiter's Grounds
    • Snowpeak Ruins
    • Temple of Time
    • City in the Sky
    • Palace of Twilight
    • Hyrule Castle

Not to rain on your parade but it's pretty easy to do.

...What? Sorry, but no, it isn't. You're aiming for a tiny platform that rotates way below where you first jump off with the cucco. It's impossible for such a thing to be easy.

Anyway, finished the Lakebed Temple. I took awhile with it because like always, I want to grab all the treasure lol. There's a total of two stamps there!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...What? Sorry, but no, it isn't. You're aiming for a tiny platform that rotates way below where you first jump off with the cucco. It's impossible for such a thing to be easy.

Guess I do the impossible then.

-Swimming controls. The camera responds differently, doesn't follow you. A bit of a pain in the ass. The startup is faster, very nice.

Correcting:

The camera in general doesn't follow you if you've manually moved it. It DOES follow you when swimming, until you move it yourself.

Onward!

-Magic armor still drains your rupees.

-In the GCN version, each time you load the file and step on a non-green rupee you get the "You got a __ rupee" message. In the HD version that only happens the first time in the save file, not every single time you load the file. Saves time.

-Glitchy~!

-The button controls for the spinner...are backwards to the GCN version. Mayhem.

-SCARY BOSS IS STILL SCARY. ;A;

-Only two rounds against Stallord Phase 2? First round had no spinners, second round had two spinners. They took out the round with just one spinner? Or am I remembering this fight all wrong?

Hey, I found that once you gain the ability to be a wolf any time you want, there's a button on the gamepad touchscreen that you can tap to go back and forth from human Link and Wolf Link without having to talk to Midna. Handy!

And no, sounds like you're remembering the Stallord battle right. I could swear you had to attack Stallord's head three times in phase 2 myself. If it was made easier and shorter, that just blows. That's the best boss battle in all the series, imo!

Edited by Anacybele

. It does. Basically they just reengineered the controls and people familiar with Zelda games in the past are finding the controls to be less intuitive. If only I had known the whole no diagonals thing for the King Bulbin joust before it would have been much easier. Instead, it was super frustrating. However the second time around was easier other than Epona getting caught on the corner of a ledge unable to move for about 10 seconds.

Oh ya...I don't think you can even use camera controls when you're jousting king bulbin.

Guys help: how do you get out of Goron Mines? D:

I feel like a total noob.

edit: Ehh, I went through the boss room. Why can't you get back to the entrance? >_>;

Edited by Tsamimi

Hey, I found that once you gain the ability to be a wolf any time you want, there's a button on the gamepad touchscreen that you can tap to go back and forth from human Link and Wolf Link without having to talk to Midna. Handy!

And no, sounds like you're remembering the Stallord battle right. I could swear you had to attack Stallord's head three times in phase 2 myself. If it was made easier and shorter, that just blows. That's the best boss battle in all the series, imo!

Yeah, It's pretty great. I wish it was in a more easy to reach spot (like on the control pad), but eh, whatever.

Continuing after that utter defeat last night...

-Found another chest I've never seen before: in Kakariko Village above the entrance to Death Mountain. ...It contains an orange rupee.

-The pictures in Snowpeak Ruins look niiice.

-The second small wooden chest buried in snow now has the digging spot sparkle when in sense-mode. Didn't check the first one.

-In the second phase, Blizzeta requires two hits instead of one to be knocked away.

-The treasure hole by the one poe on Snowpeak, in which is a wall of ice and three big ice monsters... Was the chest always inside the middle ice monster?

-Snowboarding controls seem a little different? Harder to keep stable.

-Speaking of snowboarding: at the end of the "racetrack" there is an archway. I don't remember it at all.

-The gold cucco glides much faster now.

Yeah, It's pretty great. I wish it was in a more easy to reach spot (like on the control pad), but eh, whatever.

That'd be super handy when playing off-tv.

Continuing after that utter defeat last night...

-Found another chest I've never seen before: in Kakariko Village above the entrance to Death Mountain. ...It contains an orange rupee.

-The pictures in Snowpeak Ruins look niiice.

-The second small wooden chest buried in snow now has the digging spot sparkle when in sense-mode. Didn't check the first one.

-In the second phase, Blizzeta requires two hits instead of one to be knocked away.

-The treasure hole by the one poe on Snowpeak, in which is a wall of ice and three big ice monsters... Was the chest always inside the middle ice monster?

-Snowboarding controls seem a little different? Harder to keep stable.

-Speaking of snowboarding: at the end of the "racetrack" there is an archway. I don't remember it at all.

-The gold cucco glides much faster now.

That'd be super handy when playing off-tv.

It'd be handy regardless of whether you're playing on TV or off, since it's easier to reach the control pad than taking the stylus to hit the change button.

...What? Sorry, but no, it isn't. You're aiming for a tiny platform that rotates way below where you first jump off with the cucco. It's impossible for such a thing to be easy

Protip: When you're near the platform, hold down. Just keep holding down, and your descend will steady and the camera will angle down, making it much easier to land. Once you get the hang of it, you can replay the game for as many orange rupees as you want.

I still don't get how someone is able to handle Epona controls in this version, but not be able to do the minigame where you have complete control over the Cuccoo.

Protip: When you're near the platform, hold down. Just keep holding down, and your descend will steady and the camera will angle down, making it much easier to land. Once you get the hang of it, you can replay the game for as many orange rupees as you want.

...Really? Man, I did not know this. Thanks!

I started going through the best dungeon evar. I'll have to finish Arbiter's Grounds when I get back from my trip though. :P Still, I wonder if there will ever be a dungeon that surpasses this one for me. Not even Skyward Sword or TMC, my two favorite Zeldas, have a dungeon that I thought was better! This one just ROCKS. Partly because best boss battle ever and best item ever.

And that same item is a weapon in Hyrule Warriors via the Link Amiibo. :awesome:

I started going through the best dungeon evar. I'll have to finish Arbiter's Grounds when I get back from my trip though. :P Still, I wonder if there will ever be a dungeon that surpasses this one for me. Not even Skyward Sword or TMC, my two favorite Zeldas, have a dungeon that I thought was better! This one just ROCKS. Partly because best boss battle ever and best item ever.

The spinner would also be my favorite item... if it had any use outside of spinner rails. If you could just use it to move along the ground faster, that alone would prevent it from becoming 90% useless after Arbiter's Grounds. The ball and chain, however, is useful in many combat scenarios and it also destroys rocks that normally require bombs.

Certain treasure holes have a glitchy tuft of grass. Happened twice so far. Freaked me out.

You stand still and yet you're hearing grass noises. YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

Searching for the source of the noise you come across a tuft of grass, twitching, between a pot and the wall.

You move the pot ever so slightly...and the grass stops twitching/making noise.

...? It was possessed... By a pot...

Both the Spinner and Dominion Rod are incredibly awesome in their home turf... then just kinda flop afterwards, doing nothing...

Course, my favorite item is TFH Boomerang with the Boomeranger outfit, because it is so absurdly good. Followed up by TWW Boomerang.

...I like Boomerangs.

Did all these glitches exist in the original TP?

"All these glitches"?

I don't remember ever encountering this grass glitch, 'cause it is FREAKY. Might be there, might not be--can't prove it's not.

So, did anyone here get Link's Crossbow Training? It's doesn't play like Twilight Princess, but it sure looks like it.

Played it once. Meh. Basically just use of TP assets to get you used to the zapper accessory.

Played it once. Meh. Basically just use of TP assets to get you used to the zapper accessory.

It was a pretty boring rail shooter and with small occasional movements but the entire game was bleh. Not worth anyone's time. There are much better shooters on the Wii.

Edited by kingddd

That's weird, because I reviewed it on my own and found nothing about it mediocre - http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55752

There are better (i.e. longer) shooters, but Link's Crossbow Training is still very fun.

and as someone who has played tons of shooters over the years especially on the PC with Team Fortress 2, House of the Dead, Doom, Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Call of Duty and Half-Life 2 etc Link's Crossbow Training is mediocre at best. My interest in the game only lasted that one playthrough and had very little replay value despite the high score system.

It honestly felt like a waste of time and I got to try the entire game for free.

Edited by kingddd