Kirby's Return to Mafia Land - Game Over

Prims

Alright - "reasons why mancer is dead"

The most likely, if you ask me, is that mancer would be reasonably difficult to get mislynched (like, why would scum purposely massblock and cancel their own kill?). Was he particularly sus of anyone? I know I was scumreading him hard personally, but that was also because I can't really remember any scumread convictions he had, just "I'm feeling odd about him will return" and never did

Regardless, I don't think it's worthwhile to spend a lot of time on it; we obviously aren't scum (OR ARE WE) and we'd just end up talking ourselves in circles for no reason

Clarinets (maybe talk through mitsuki?), can you contact whoever whenever or is it just one person?

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@clarinets i ask because i have a few ideas for you but i don't know if it's a good idea to say them openly. if you'd rather not listen to me, that's also completely fine

In terms of "who to lynch today", I'm a bit at a loss; reading through again reaffirmed my townreads on Refa and Kirsche and I'm not particularly enamored with the idea of lynching a claimed cop yet, so I suppose the remaining candidate would have to be Randa or Elieson. Mitsuki is still a soft townread, but she's the weakest but i also don't want to lynch her because she is basically the only one playing

how much time is there to phase end? I (finally) have some time to properly sit down and look through the game but I don't want a repeat of "QUOTEWALL RIGHT AFTER PHASE END"

In terms of "who to lynch today", I'm a bit at a loss; reading through again reaffirmed my townreads on Refa and Kirsche and I'm not particularly enamored with the idea of lynching a claimed cop yet, so I suppose the remaining candidate would have to be Randa or Elieson. Mitsuki is still a soft townread, but she's the weakest but i also don't want to lynch her because she is basically the only one playing

Cam, what actually is your stance on Izuhark? I don't think you mentioned him here, and your vote on him seemed to stem from a misunderstanding, but where is he on your lynch priority?

I'd still prefer to lynch Izuhark over anyone else right now, and I'm not lynching Refa.

@Cam: I'm pretty sure that Clarinets can contact anyone, he's just not doing so.

And yeah it'd be nice to know when phase ends. I don't think I can give a full proper read before then but at least this way I can organize my time better.

@Elieson: I understand that you're mad, and honestly you made me frustrated as well, but arguing more about the same is going to be useless. This is a game where you are supposed to lynch your scumreads, not do things on impulse just to appeal to yourself. I suggest that you start playing it that way.

Oh yeah, Clarinets should cop one of his scum reads. Heck, I'd rather he can go for a town read but he definitely shouldn't cop a null read because it's worthless.

I'm at my mother's house, which means I have unlimited access to SF. But I'll probably be as active since I want to spend time with friends and family.

So on the train I kept thinking about mafia and honestly, the fact that Refa is still alive makes no sense. Scum are always very paranoid about town with extra voting power and they tend to kill them early. Couple that with the fact that this is an extra vote that doesn't deactivate in LyLo (because there's no LyLo announcement in the first place) and that Refa is a strong player who is being townread by everyone but Kirsche, and it makes no sense. Not even as some sort of dumb WIFOM strategy.

And yes, I've been looking through Refa's posts and I still get the feeling that he's town. But I think that point outweights my townread on him, specially when I know from experience that I'm terrible at reading him.

I've read up to page 6 so far. Boron seems like her town self so what the fuck. I need to read Elieson's recent posts better (and while not mad) but I also think he's town now. Not so sure about Clarinets but Refa's townread on him was good and I thought exactly the same when I saw that post. Not so sure about Randa being town because I've ISOd him in Shovel Knight Mafia and he's playing very similarly to the way he's played here (including the fact that he had a very strong D1 and then his motivation just drifted), but at the same time he feels more genuine here for some reason. I will need to check some town game he's played and think more about this. Cam/Izhuark are obvtown,no more explanations needed.

These are in no way final thoughts but at least I want you to know that this is what I think now.

Sorry for the terrible formatting, it's hard to think in a hurry and while the TV is on.

SEE YOU LATER NERDS

Actually I haven't mentioned Kirsche but I haven't gotten to Kirsche's content yet in my reread and I already reconsidered my read enough before. I need to update my case on him a little bit but that will have to wait

Did you know that anime has tons of crossovers, such as Naruto crossing into Ben 10?

@Cam: I'm pretty sure that Clarinets can contact anyone, he's just not doing so.

And yeah it'd be nice to know when phase ends. I don't think I can give a full proper read before then but at least this way I can organize my time better.

@Elieson: I understand that you're mad, and honestly you made me frustrated as well, but arguing more about the same is going to be useless. This is a game where you are supposed to lynch your scumreads, not do things on impulse just to appeal to yourself. I suggest that you start playing it that way.

I think you're scumreading me because you're frustrated with me. In your world, I'm scum. What would you think if I was lynched and my RolePM said that I was scum? What if I flipped as town? I don't think you've really considered me seriously to be town, which i'm hoping your reread at least gives you the chance to contemplate me being one or the other, rather than just really likely scum or just probably scum.

That being said, do you think I'm not scumreading Randa?

I admit, I could stand to have more variety of scumreads, but since they don't include Cam, Refa, Boron, you and myself, that leaves Randa, Kirsche, Clarinets and Izhuark for me to sift through and categorize. I'm already confident about my Randa scumread, and with the setup outright stating that there's 3 scum, I'd probably be best off picking two of these fellas since I'm not townreading them.

FMPOV I've never townread Clarinets to begin with so that's more or less a nobrainer. I'm super confused about Izhuark though right now because of the whole Cam debacle but he's bodyguard and I'm still not dead set on lynching that, and I'm not super confident with my kirsche read. I'm therefore not progressing beyond my scumread and not-at-all-townread of Randa and Clarinets.

Did you know that anime is often characteriszed as either being shoujo (for girls) or shounen (for boys)?

also I just spend like an hour+ on that post because I've been throwing up since 2am aand have been feeling like complete crap all day; I didn't see that Mits posted after that one post ughhh soryyyyy

refa are you claiming scum again like mlp?

No (dude, even as scum I wouldn't claim scum in this situation). Waiting for Mitsuki's answer before I say anything else.

refa is basically saying the whole "if i'm scum who is scum with me"

personally i don't like putting too much stock into "refa alive=refa scum" because honestly that same logic applies to me atm. i get that it's a completely valid question to ask it just like... emotionally sits wrong with me to argue something about someone else that i know is not true for myself

that aside, if we're going to have this discussion let's think about when they might have killed refa (you're welcome to insert me into any of these, as well)

"let's think about when..." > proceeds to not post list of nights and when they could have killed refa

Night 1 - kills either Blitz or Shin

Did SB out who he killed? If it was Blitz my theory goes out the window but otherwise I think that they're shooting roles rather than the players. An extra vote is powerful, especially in LYLO, but it's even moreso if the person using it is on the wrong track. Which may imply something else for this game that i hadn't thought of, tbh

Night 2 - Nothing, thanks Mancer

Night 3 - Mancer is like, confirmed town or something? IDK this kill was super weird and IDGI. Personally I would have shot Refa here but apparently not?

Night 1 - kills either Blitz or Shin

Did SB out who he killed? If it was Blitz my theory goes out the window but otherwise I think that they're shooting roles rather than the players. An extra vote is powerful, especially in LYLO, but it's even moreso for scum if a person townie using it is on the wrong track. Which may imply something else for this game that i hadn't thought of, tbh

smh i want to see what the copscan says but i've a) been talking with clarinets already and b) am fully aware that it doens't help us now

can we just lynch randa/izu/elie today and get it over with? preferably one of the latter two but if there's an extra vote on randa (THANKS OBAMREFA) and everyone else can agree on it then that's that

lmao

IMO scum killed Shin and SB killed Blitz. SB would have nothing to fear from a Dayvig after I gave him BPV, (it would only hasten his wincon), so there's no reason for him to kill that role. Killing Blitz makes sense, because it'd be one of the only ways he'd get lynched. This is actually another reason that I'm suspicious of Kirsche (it kind of uh slipped my mind, I'm good at this game), because the only reason I can see for mafia going for Dayvig over Tracker is 1) they assumed the SK would kill tracker (moderately skilled scum player required) or 2) They had nothing to fear from the Tracker.

also i definitely saw izu reading the thread a few times. get yer ass in here and be useful. don't be like this shitter who's promised longposts at least three times without following up by now

IMO scum killed Shin and SB killed Blitz. SB would have nothing to fear from a Dayvig after I gave him BPV

mm, i'd forgotten about that, actually

there goes my ideas, then.