Kirby's Return to Mafia Land - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ngl I kind of figured we would've ended the day already and was too lazy to look at the game thread desu. Guilties are op desu.

I disagree that Boron suiciding on me would have no value as mafia (since there's no way they can actually kill me) but don't think it's very likely desu?

And wrt "Mancer is interesting" I meant not claiming shit was scummy but wanted to see if being cryptic would get a reaction desu. Apparently I just missed it anyway desu so Mancer ignored me and I didn't get anything out of his reaction desu.

I'm sorry I've disappeared but this game is really hard for me to stay motivated towards. The twilight phase just seemed to drag and then an immediate 1v1 just killed any energy I had.

Yay, it's a Monday. Which means I'm doing teaching and other cool things like work and school. I'll do my best to contribute, but I'm falling asleep all over the place, which makes reading very hard.

I don't feel any better about Clarinets, since he hasn't done anything. Although I don't have reason to disbelieve his role, it speaks nothing of his alignment since all of the roles were predetermined anyway. The only new thing he has is a "not very good" feeling on Mancer, and I get that not a whole lot has happened on D2. But he doesn't follow up on anything he had on D1, and he didn't have a lot of D1 content anyway. Again, it feels like he's trying to coast through the game while putting in the minimal effort and giving as little reads as he can.

Nothing has changed about Izuhark either. Has he even been here since N1?

Did a quick skim of Randa's ISO, and I feel like his earlier D1 stuff was decent. Not great, but he was participating and explaining things and giving reads, but he has no content this phase which makes me feel worse about him. And yeah, I get that demotivation happens, but an absolute lack of anything just looks bad. At the very least, has anything changed from D1?

How much time do we even have left this phase?

All right.

We have 4 votes on Michelaar, and we need 7 to lynch. I have to go work at some point in the evening, and I don't want to risk us not hammering because I don't know if I'll be in any condition to do mafia-related things when I get back.

##Vote: Michelaar

Oh, I'm stupid and totally missed that kirsche voted for him on this page. So he's at L-1 now with my vote. Should I take it off so that there isn't an accidental quickhammer?

Nothing's really changed, I feel like Michelear is more likely to be scum than SB, predominantly because I'm town reading SB, aside from that there hasn't been much to talk about today.

Anyways I wouldn't be concerned about a quick hammer considering we have 2 hours till deadline.

guys i'm going to hammer because i'm sleeping now and i don't want to be like "DID WE LYNCH HIM"

sorry for cutting off 90 minutes of discussion

##unvote

##vote michelaar

Day 2 End: "What should we do?" Members of the town argued and argued until they finally decided to lynch Michelaar. "May the best player win," he said as the town tied the noose around his neck.

MJpTvpl.png

Michelaar- Bell Kirby- Town Echofinder- lynched Day 2

Night 2 has begun and ends in 24 hours and 34 minutes. A reminder that there is no night talk this cycle. Izuhark has been prodded.

Edited by Lord Gaius

OK

Now that I see what happened, I assume Blitzie-kun and ProtoShin-kouhais were merely killed for their roles.

Vig's death is interesting, because it raises a point of "Why kill the DayVig and not just let him Misfire before lynching him/killing him?"

The only logical answer is that whoever killed him (Mafia? Dual Mafia? SK?) felt like a likely target after probably being pressured the prior day and wanted it gone before it could be used to their detriment. People under pressure include Randa-chan(da) and Izhuark-kun, and to a lesser extent, Kirsche-kun. I wanna follow this.

Boron-chan's #322 indicates that SB and Michelaar have unique alignments...THIS IS THE COP SCAN AH HA I HAD NOT SEEN IT YET

Mancer-chan(er)'s #331 brings up a fabulous point, that both Michelaar-kun and DeSBDeSBDeSB could be two anti-town sources. [i know that's not the case [i]now[/i] but it just interesting.

Clarinet-kun would have to be a maniac to be scum, claiming to have a Self-Watch. That's like, worse than Weak Watcher Survivor in terms of fakeclaims. Refa-kun's #354 explains why I basically agree with the entirety of the roleclaim itself. If Clarinet-kun only ever said that he was the Cop part, I'd probably be scumreading him for it.

#347 is Mitsy-chan's PR definition...doesn't really make sense? Though I guess it's townie of her to just kinda randomly do things to people that she enjoys giving a hard time so there is that. Also you set it up to "Roleblock" me and WE ALL KNOW I FAILED THAT TEST BECAUSE OF MY FIRST POST ON D2 SO THANKS MITSY-CHAN

Oh hey Refa-chan asked me a question #366 (I assume, you mean her #302?)

--It's weird that her justification of maintaining her Freyjadour vote is as strong as it is, since it seems like a super quick cave. It's not scummy, but it is weird. I feel like if this is Town!Mitsy-chan, then she's just got her head in the wrong place. Admitting to caving under pressure makes sense and it's likely that's what happened, so I can't really argue it. I'm not used to Mitsy-chan saying this though, during a game.

--I'd love full clarity as to why Mitsy-chan may still think two scumteams don't exist, given the N1 doubledeath. Primsy-chan is the kind of host who would just post hypotheticals...I wouldn't say banking on that is a good idea Mitsy-chan...

#368 Randa-Chan(da); Agreed on the DeSBDeSBDeSB!Scum-meta but would you say he's that way on a competant scumteam, or as an SK (since that'ss cum too)?

#369 Kirsche-kun arguing (what I think) is a case for Scum!Refa-kun because of meta?

#Mitsy-chan and Refa-kun discussing my Meta

#I got mad in Doomsday because I flubbed up miserably and got caught and just was mad at myself

#I literally invented Quickhammer mafia and was just struggling to admittedly get away with what I've seen other people get away with, and it wasn't working and I wasn't sure how. I'd call it more "frustration" than "anger".

#Mitsy-chan, I still had to give the D1 read & reply a try, being as I basically missed 1/2 of the game. Sorry for the convenience :P I'm feeling a lot better about you and the situation though. I think I was just in a rough spot, feeling pressure to jump bak in the game and not get subbed out, and also deal with RL stuff that just sidelined me

Clarinet-kun's #402 is the greatest line ever...I'm honestly townreading him for this

tl;dr I finally feel caught up and able to keep keeping up.

Town-reads:

Elieson-Otosan

Camdar-kun

Refa-kun

Boron-chan

Mitsy-chan

Null-reads:

Mancer-kun

Clarinet-kun

Kirsche-kun

Izhu-kun

Scum-reads:

Randa-Chan(da)

DeSBDeSBDeSBDeSBDeSB.

Of note:

• Mancer-kun has shifted down due to primarily being less active, and my townread on Mitsy-chan growing.
  • I genuinely have no idea how to read Kirsche-kun, as I feel things could go so one-way-or-the-other with him. I can't commit on anything with him right now so I'm just not gonna
  • Randa-Chan(da)'s contribution to post ratio has just plummetted
  • Clarinet-kun has such a stupidly complicated role that I can't scumread him for it, but I don't feel that he's genuinely playing all that townie
  • Izhu-kun's just AFK'd hard but has a role worth keeping around. I don't find his play to be that townie mainly because I've seen him throw in the towel before and it wasn't like this

I really hope there's no SK i don't want to ITP!Hunt

Also welp DeSBDeSBDeSBDeSB's basically confirmed scum at this point and I'm still 95% sure that Randa-Chan(da) is scum, though to see Randa-Chan(da) defend DeSBDeSBDeSBDeSB in the way that he is makes me think that they may not be aligned and Randa's case for "SB and Michelaar being of unique scum alignments" suggest.

A reminder that there is no night talk this cycle. Izuhark has been prodded.

STOP ME MODS I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU

Day 2 End: "What should we do?" Members of the town argued and argued until they finally decided to lynch Michelaar. "May the best player win," he said as the town tied the noose around his neck.

This still bothers me, primarily since Michelaar-kun was never actually scumscanned. I can't let myself get too worked up over this though since it arguably resulted in more adequate role handling chances. I just feel like Michelaar-kun did so little to fight it and idk feels for newbies who act new

Oh Mitsy-chan I think I realized something after re-reading da rules too

This game has semi-open numbers! Pregame, the numbers of the set-up are RNGed between 11 townies : 2 mafia A : 2 mafia B, 11 townies : 3 mafia : 1 ITP, and 11 townies : 4 mafia. In the case of 11:3:1, the ITP will be a SK with a 1-shot factional bulletproof. In 11:2:2, parity between two mafias will result in no winners, but in 11:3:1, a SK will endgame an opposing mafia member.

Game is either:

11:2:2 | 11:3:1 | 11:4

Two deaths makes sense since there's 2/3 setups that allow for this. I take back that questionprod.

Also I THINK I AM STILL MISUNDERSTANDING YOUR PR, PLEASE CLARIFY

if I need to refer to my scumreads as A-honorific, townreads as B-honorific and nullreads as C-honorific, or if what was provided were simply examples of honorifics and don't actually matter. I'd hate to not be allowed to use -Kun anymore since literally everybody is a Kun to me except a few

Day 3

Scrambling to the Taffee Town Sugar Square (this is a Kirby mafia game in case you forgot), town was surprised to find the bodies of... absolutely nobody!

nNdAI21.jpg

It is now Day 3. You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer Mancer for being mafia.