Kirby's Return to Mafia Land - Game Over

Prims

Also, the fact that Clarinets can only tell known townies who her innocents reports are to keep the mafia's kills poorly informed, desu. There is no way this claim is real, desu.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the fact that Clarinets can choose to only tell known townies who her innocents reports are to keep the mafia's kills poorly informed is also kind of broken, desu. There is no way this claim is real, desu.

I'm not good at English, desu. I understand the Japanese language far better, desu.

After thinking a little more about it, I don't feel like Clarinets' claim can be true, desu? We already have a 2-person Cop and a Tracker,so having a third hidden info role that could go to town is incredibly swingy, desu. Between the Bodyguard, JoaT and Tracker which should all be priority kills, if all of the MIx roles didn't claim instantly they could completely screw over the mafia, desu. On top of this, the mafia has no counterplay to the Bodyguard, desu, in case Clarients' role is real, desu. The only way they could mess with it is through mystery roles, desu, but even then there's no guarantee that they get any, desu. And also, it could be easily be traced back to them from that pool, desu.

Also the self-watch seems incredibly pointless when you can do this, desu. Especially when it's the part that makes you macho, desu, but the OC granting cop report still allows for you to be protected, desu.

Writing this post has made me want to kill myself, desu.

I can only scan once every other day. The first Night Phase I have to not chat in the thread and only chat via. OC and the second Night Phase I scan someone I didn't talk to on the way back to the thread (losing OC capabilities). I think it's pretty balanced.

The self-watch doesn't make me macho, I just can't be doctored the Night Phase I use it.

Clarinets' claim seems too elaborate to be faked (well, by Clarinets; if it was Elie, I'd be more suspicious of it). If he's scum, I think he'd be lying about certain aspects of his role rather than the whole thing being faked, if that makes any sense. Here's what bothers me about it.

1) Self Watch that doesn't work on kills seems like a strictly worse version of Cam's role and there's no point in using it ever.

2) I don't mind that this part is OP (BBM's role in the first Kirby mafia was OP as well) but moreso the fact that he doesn't know the sanity of his scans seems bastard.

But mark my words, one day I will be sufficiently active in a Mafia game.

Also why didn't you take yourself out of this day phase?

I didn't think it would be useful yet somehow

In what world is being able to cop someone not useful? Did Prims actually tell you that you wouldn't know the sanity of your scans?

In what world is being able to cop someone not useful? Did Prims actually tell you that you wouldn't know the sanity of your scans?

Yes, which is why I was hesitant to scan.

As you all have guessed already, I'm the post restrictor. I have 5 shots and once per game I can restrict two people at the same time, like I did this phase, at the expense of 3 shots. I come up with the restrictions, but Prims must approve them.

YES DO THE JOB I WASN'T ABLE TO LAST KIRBY MAF

Clarinets' claim seems too elaborate to be faked (well, by Clarinets; if it was Elie, I'd be more suspicious of it).

This is the biggest reason i'm willing to at least give benefit of the doubt. I'd otherwise have a very difficult time trying to justfify a role that is a strictly worse version of mine half the time. OC enabler I guess is cool (the OC blocker is hilarious in this context) although I don't understand why you wouldn't choose to cop.

Yes, which is why I was hesitant to scan.

This is bad reasoning; just because you don't know the sanity doesn't mean it's a bad idea to scan - if anything, it's much better to scan early so you can get some idea of whether it's reliable ASAP (since we don't want to risk it when we get closer to *YLO)

it's 4AM and i'm too jetlagged to shit to deal with actually playing mafia right now; i'll look at it once i'm more awake

OK the Post-Restriction is really fucking uncool. I can post reads but I can't post anythingaside from the reads. Now I'm caught up and I can't even contribute with my night posts. Mitsuki why did you give me a PostRestriction that fucks with my ability to contribute?

Plus when's the last time I even played an EM game? The last CaH game I flaked out mid-way if you remember. If you're seriously using my activity in stuff from like a month ago as justification for me not posting in this game then you've gotta just stop it. Also, I still genuinely dislike the concept of role-designation and open setups for me in the past have been absolutely shit-tier fun (Remember when I was confirmed town!BPV and I got lynched anyway because nobody would listen? though for what it's worth i've invested nearly a month into XCOM2 and finally beat it last night with my random character load of FE10!Oliver being the clutch final boss killer in the most hilarious thing i've ever had happen to me in gaming history.

Elie=Actually really upset at you now. Unless that PR was pre-selected, which you flat out said was not the case...yea.

#22 Blitz trying to look townie by progressing the game forward down a path of mechanics and accountability setup, when few roles aside. Feels like something Blitz wants to start but it doesn't read like he has townie motivation behind it. Slight scum-read because of this, despite it being a good idea, because of how it was presented.

#41 looks like SB smacking Izhuark should be interpreted as something but honestly kind of reads as forced to me. Doesn't feel natural. The rest of it is decent but the post is largely fluff aka hyper-early townreads and mechanical stuff.

#42 Self-Sacrificial Proto? Pushing for a self-lynch > No Lynch? I don't see him bluffing at this point. Not typical Proto-play but also this isn't a typical Proto-post.

#45 Refa requests a cease on Role-discussion. While it's a relevant thing to do, I don't think the call to stop with only 22 posts prior to really focusing on Role-related discussion is worth ending.

#48/49 Mancer's posts here look really comfortably worded.

#52 Mitsuki wat why are you hiding reads right now when you're supposed to be a simple vanilla

#53->#55 reads like Michelaar is trying to contribute and is being coached. Doesn't look like a town vote because given the complete sporadity behind the vote with nothing else, I would assume that he would have asked questions or complained in-thread, rather than just voting and doing nothing else. I could see Mitsuki trying to be a public scum!coach to newbscum!michelaar, but I'm scumreading Michelaar regardless out of this post )#53)

#56 is a good Freyja post and people who call this out are scummy but I haven't gotten that far yet so let's see what happens.

#59 Izhuark is really bad at dodging his "defeatist and frustrated"!town meta. This post adheres to it 100%.

#62 lol Refa gets "bothered" by Freyja suggesting thinking.

#64 Good answers and replies by Randa. Eh quality vote; I don't dislike it, I just think that I disagree with his sentiment on Mancer's quoted post.

#66 Boron has a good shout at Freyja telling him to not over-react, without voting for him, which is probably the most intelligent thing anyone's said about/to Freyja all game

#68-81 Freyja's absolutely right and Randa's either misreading, overthinking or committing to a bad read. This is like if someone said "I am not bulletproof" and someone else never acknowledged the "not", then decided to roll with it anyway and struggle to maintain reasons. (-) 100 points for Randa. Don't see Refa+Randa both being scum in this case, if one of them is scum. Refa jumped in really quickly to be orchestrated as a pre-planned bus.

#82 Damnit mitsuki justified her bad plan rather well and i'm not scumreading her _as hard_ now. I only accept this because it's something that I would've arguably done if I was emotionally invested in this game.

#86 Hold the phone. What's with the super flipflop on Freyja? You should totally cite why Freyja is scummy based on meta here, but townie in that game. He's only been in like what one game?

#90 Scum-style backtrack justification. Justification process isn't consistant with the purpose of the original vote, but is also simultaneously founded on a second reason never before hinted/mentioned. He's just calling out a player who's wearing scary biker leather and has a big beard, for wearing scary biker leather and having a big beard.

#100 + #108 Cam made a good post. Wow cam I didn't know you had it in you /incampetent camdar\

(See below for what my Post-Restriction is, World. Also I might as well do this since I just crammed through the whole game)

#109 Clarinets posts a massive post that has no scumhunting in it at all

#126 Refa i'm awful as scum though He's looking better in general but left a sour taste in my mouth wrt Freyja that I'm not willing to discredit. Will Force-Null at best.

#134 Randa if you're town you'll post what SB's scum meta is, so that way we know why you're townreading him.

#142 Mitsuki, Really? Am I really the scummiest player at this point? What happened to your epic Freyjadour read that you've essentially done nothing to back down on ever I'd rather be lynched by Refa's #147 than your post here because he's not really digging for reasons and using others people's rehashed "logic that isn't logic". OMGUS it all you want you know yours is a bad case.

#152 lol Boron said it for me. #159 also lol Boron this quote synergizes with your sig in the best way.

Anything Cam said on Page #8 I dunno it looks good except I don't know what happened to Cam he forgot to respond to his own planned responses. What do you tihkn of Boron's stance on Freyja? If you think she's unmemorable, at least critique her votes.

Town- Izhuark, Mancer, Boron, Cam

Townlean- Proto

Forced Null- Refa, desbdesbdesbdesbdesb

Scumlean- Blitz

Scum- Mitsuki, Randa, Michelaar

No Read- kirsche

That's the end of Page 1-Page 8. I'll throw a vote out when I've finished catching up.

Town- Izhuark-kun, Mancer-chan, Boron-san, Cam=kun
Townlean- Proto-kouhai
Forced Null- Refa-Sempai, desbdesbdesbdesbdesb-kun
Scumlean- Blitz-kun
Scum- Mitsuki-chan, Randa-chan, Michelaar-san
No Read- kirsche-kun

Sorry, this is what the PR is more, though I don't know what a Sempai is

Damnit Mitscum-chan, either I completely misread what you gave me or I completely fucked everything up because the wording is super ambiguous and I don't know if it's what Primsy-chan gave me or if it's what you gave me or what

Oh, I just realized you hadn't caught up yet. Uh...well anyways, you should answer that when you have!

So sorry I disappeared yesterday, I was driving home for spring break and then just woke up so I should be active enough today. Anyways it should pretty obvious why I gave boron the JoAT, I can explain if people need me to, but I don't imagine I will.

@eli, SB's scum meta is a very aggressive and domineering style of play. At least from my experience it is. SB just doesn't read that way to me.

idk I don't really feel like making a post with all my reads ATM, cause nothing's really changed based on content with the exception of Michelear predominately because it makes more sense for them to be scum than for SB to be scum IMO. That's not really a huge change though because I didn't have a read on him because he was inactive. I should probably go back and look at role distribution to see if it changes anything but I don't think imma do that right now, I'll probably do that in a couple hours.

-The next thing you quoted isn't an explanation for my previous post lol, it's an explanation for the literal non content I put out right before that post. Also I don't feel like playing mafia whenever I'm free to do so, so you insinuating that me saying "eh, not really feeling like playing mafia right now" makes me scum makes no sense.

There's just no passion behind your arguments. How many times in the past have I falsely accused you as town and you come bulldozing in to defend yourself and rip my argument to shreds. There's just none of that emotion here.

-That's because they are seperate. The reads list is just another thing that'd influence my reads, comparable to a scumread having a decent read or whatever. Scum can still do actions that are generally beneficial for town, so I'm not sure what I'd need to explain there.

Actually, if you were confident enough in Randa to sheep his vote then why was he in your scumlist?

Look at these two things side by side lmao. Considering there's a potential for multiball and a potential for my gut read on him to be wrong I am not going to overlook his logic.

-Fair enough on Mitsuki and Randa but nothing about your arguments stated why Ms. Bunch should have been higher than Boron (especially considering that it was a sheep).

It being a partial sheep does not lower my conviction in it. I believe Bunch's apathetic non-contibution is worse than a terrible waste of a case.

-Also you haven't said anything about Randa despite him being a gutread of yours on a previous day. What is your read on him and why haven't you mentioned him?

Because nothing has changed? He's still my weakest scumread on gut. Do you want me to end every post with that?

Onto non-Refa things:

3 info roles makes sense with limited protection. Clarinets role claim is completely neutral. The fake could easily be provided by a buddy/Prims. Mitsuki's claim does nothing for me either.

It's hard to comment on Elieson's post because I'm not going back to get context for half of his points and he hasn't read through everything yet and that covers some of the gripes.

Yeah, Elieson absolutely fucked up the post restriction. More than once, too. Good job.

I'll contact Prims to ask him if the wording of the restriction was ambiguous or whatever.

Clarinet's claim is weird but I don't find him scummy. I think that if he was scum I'd have found something SUSPICIOUS about him already, even if it was some dumb read.

I still haven't read most of the posts, new post coming soon maybe.

I get a terrible feeling from this post by Kirsche. Tone just doesn't look natural, at all. I know Kirsche is usually not very nice on purpose and that is a part of his play but that attitude seems forced to me. I'm not sure if I'm just biased because I am scumreading him. I don't think so because a lot of time has passed and I was honestly looking for a new post to reconsider my read on him, because I know I didn't have nearly enough info to be 100% sure of my scumread in him.

I'll reconsider and an in-depth analysis if I see it fit, not sure because I'm ok with his newer post. It looks more genuine but I'm less sure about this. ???

@Elieson: Why didn't you take into account who's alive and who's dead before making that post? A lot of useless content there. Either way if you're really this busy you should ask for a replacement.

For the record, I only recall Elieson being this type of mad as scum, as town when he gets mad it's more like he feels that he's right and he's mad at his scumreads for being scummy and nobody noticing. This is probably going to sound stupid but Elieson mad as town looks like he's holding a flag at the top of a cliff while shouting "JUSTICE" to the sky before a specially epic battle and Elieson mad as scum looks like he's surrounded by flames and burning with rage while screaming to everyone he can scream to.

i was writing a post when i read that last part, laughed, dropped my laptop, and ultimately ended up closing the text editor window i was using to write the post and lsot it.

ragequit.