Sacred Stones Mafia: Redux (Game Over)

ZoesMad

I'm on my break but I don't have much time. My role shouldn't be alignment-indicative but I wanted to claim asap to save confusion from tonight and also just to warn everyone to be careful about claiming today. This role will not affect any other night phases in this way.

@prims I was told all kills will still take place but I can ask jic.

Also agree with Prims that makaze's posts read artificial but I don't have much beyond that altho ugg h the way he's treating my claim is weird, like I claimed for townie points or something which wasn't my intention at all. So that strikes me as a little off.

Sb focusing on his manix read and nothing else reads scummy. I don't remember any content from him aside from answering questions about his manix vote which I don't like. But I haven't really been able to read the thread.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am town though fwiw. I love finally not being third party, feels great man.

Will read the thread once my shift is over, I still have 5 hours so try not to overwhelm me too much with stuff directed @ me until I get back xoxoxo love u guys

I'm on my break but I don't have much time. My role shouldn't be alignment-indicative but I wanted to claim asap to save confusion from tonight and also just to warn everyone to be careful about claiming today. This role will not affect any other night phases in this way.

@prims I was told all kills will still take place but I can ask jic.

Also agree with Prims that makaze's posts read artificial but I don't have much beyond that altho ugg h the way he's treating my claim is weird, like I claimed for townie points or something which wasn't my intention at all. So that strikes me as a little off.

Sb focusing on his manix read and nothing else reads scummy. I don't remember any content from him aside from answering questions about his manix vote which I don't like. But I haven't really been able to read the thread.

I read you town you ninny

Junko I refuse to explain.

this is kind of silly since your goal as town is to put pressure on me so it makes other players especially you read me better. If I was scum you'd be helping me since I know no one cares about reads that you won't explain.

So I work during the day, fun fact.

Also sorry not sorry for all these quotes.

Wow, thought for sure my faction was a typo of Marvel 'til I saw it twice

what is your full faction name ars nova? i don't think the rules said the town faction so maybe we can get a confirmed townie from this?

Yo Junk! Can you explain your intentions with these please?

1. because it tone reads as town
2. to see what kind of reactions calling it obvtown gets

why did you ask me about Strawman's instead of Nova's?

b/c I'm the most important

##vote marth

Yo Yolo, could you explain this maybe?

Does anyone have the numbers? I don't see a ratio posted anywhere.

What prompted this question?

This is not a scumtell. I have done this multiple times on Mafiascum as Town and have seen numerous people do it.

Maybe not alignment indicative, but could weaken the effect of the question. Also, easy way to make it seem like you're being productive/engaged.

I super appreciate Quote's claim. Definitely has considerate thoughts behind it.

Yeaaahhh, I'm definitely keeping my vote on clarinets because his last post looks like scum not interested in contributing to discussion and vocally evading it.

@makaze: shouldn't it be obvious to you, though? Anyone would assume that Nova was town and wouldn't question your read because whatever he did would be hard to fake as scum.

I know this was already commented on but don't do that.

I have no time so shit's gonna be vague but it's ed1 who cares

if clarinets was maf trying to avoid discussion would he make it that obvious by blurting it out tho. I feel he'd be less straightforward about it (so by not saying "hi nothing was worth commenting on so here's a randvote") + even though I would like him to answer to the current responses to his post when he gets back, I'm not feeling this right now

not feeling manix either he's not giving me the manix scumvibes

sb is giving me vague vibes, I usually have trouble reading him beyond just my intuition so if I end up thinking he's scum that's gonna be hard to explain later but oh well

his jump onto manix feels weird but it might be bias because I think manix is town and also it's ed1 so I'll let this one simmer for a bit

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

I like my vote here.

people have commented already on his answering for other people but his last post also reads like parroting in a scummy way

anyway I will not be around for the next like 10 hours so if you address me/want me to answer stuff I will be away until then

This post is all over the place. ED1 yeah, but still. Personally I also dislike the slight protection of clarinets. Frankly first impressions aren't that good.

I got my answers. Every nonkill action will fail tonight (only tonight) because of my role. Lynching me today will nullify that but I would rather not do that because I am town and that would be silly. I go to work in 20 minutes so this is all I can say

Is this activated or passive? And if it's passive I call bullshit. And if it's activated why would you hit it right now when its more beneficial to scum than town?

yeah looking back at SB's vote i really don't get it. I can't really see how manix's question would put clarinets in a bad spot since i don't see what response would make clarinets look bad unless he claimed mafia or something silly lol.

Actually I guess looking at it I have no idea how we'd interpret anything from clarinets reaction to a statement like that so i guess sb does have a point regarding the actual productiveness of it but eh maybe its personal bias since i make bad reaction tests but that doesn't inherently bad to me. This part can be fair i guess.

I guess SB's vote bothers me a bit since the reason at the end seems kind of hard to justify and although it is early day 1 something about it rings bad to me although i can't really see any scum motivation behind it.

This post is so on the fence it's hurting me. This post is a lot of fluff of jsut you going back and forth and doesn't really add on anything or change anything. I dislike that.

Also:

@Makaze: What do you refuse to explain to Junko? I'm obviously missing the context and I can't find it.

@shinori it's passive

I don't feel like answering any more questions about my role if it has to do with rolespec stuff bc i know the reason why my role is like this and I don't feel like explaining it right now. I claimed it and there's no way to stop it or control it besides lynching me

I think I'm just gonna ignore shin ori bc my posts are always over the place ed1 so idk what else he wants from me. Why are you on my case about the clarinets protection but not my blatant manix one?

My read on clarinets is null but the reason people found him scum I just didn't see. Idk how else I can respond to your posts now, it feels like you're fishing for reasons to be suspicious of me, esp your reaction to my claim since you're gonna th ink it's bullshit either way so what was the point in stating that?

gut read on strawman,

his last post just felt like a bunch of questions and i guess a comment but not really saying anything and a random unvote. Distinctly remember him doing something similar in am/pm 2. Admittedly though i've been kind of doing the same thing as shinori is right about me being on the fence about sb. The post seems weird but at the same time i can't see any scum motivation. But still reminds me of AM/PM 2 a lot.

@sb i guess i will agree that the reaction test doesn't really do much but don't think its scummy maybe because of bad bias. I still don't see how it'd make clarinets look bad though since clarinets is experienced enough at this point IMO to not get shaken up by a reaction test so we'll have to agree to disagree.

@strawman, i was silly and forgot fakeclaims were a thing and thought that if someone said the full faction town name it would confirm them as town since they could only know the town name.

##unvote

##vote strawman

although i always feel bad for voting this early for some reason i feel like not voting is pretty much a waste of time since it never seems to work out.

should also be noted the question themselves seem kind of pointless such as the one directed towards me where i say my intentions right in the post lol. The marth vote with livelystone 13 also seems like typical rvs vote to me.

Not going to go very in-depth on the recent posts, I'm going to bed soon

The implication was that your case was weak

I see.

Sb focusing on his manix read and nothing else reads scummy. I don't remember any content from him aside from answering questions about his manix vote which I don't like.

I agree with this.

Maybe not alignment indicative, but could weaken the effect of the question. Also, easy way to make it seem like you're being productive/engaged.

Yes, this is a better way to put it. Not necessarily not a scumtell, just not alignment indicative.

since clarinets is experienced enough at this point IMO to not get shaken up by a reaction test so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Wait where was the reaction test?

Also I kind of feel like Ars Nova is buddying Makaze. I'll show a few posts that suggest this in the morning.

well although it wasn't directly said, SB said Manix's initial question towards you might be a reaction test based on how it was worded.

when you come back clarinet you should give some more definite thoughts such as your thoughts on sb since you said you didn't like their post.

@Makaze: What do you refuse to explain to Junko? I'm obviously missing the context and I can't find it.

Honestly? I'm lazy and don't want to read back to find what pinged me on my phone. I don't like making excuses so I'd rather say I refuse.

I said I'll explain when I'm home.

I'm trying to catch up from what I missed and if I have to ask some stupid sounding questions about stuff that happened hours ago then I'll do it.

But thanks for answering the question.

Oh hey tbh I thought Yolo's vote for Marth was after Marth's post answering that other question, so I wanted to know if it was in response to that or rvs. Turns out it was before so yeah maybe that question was dumb.

I think I'm just gonna ignore shin ori bc my posts are always over the place ed1 so idk what else he wants from me. Why are you on my case about the clarinets protection but not my blatant manix one?

My read on clarinets is null but the reason people found him scum I just didn't see. Idk how else I can respond to your posts now, it feels like you're fishing for reasons to be suspicious of me, esp your reaction to my claim since you're gonna th ink it's bullshit either way so what was the point in stating that?

This seems like it's a logical choice. Ignore me for basically zero reason. I didn't even say anything bad. I really don't like how you claimed and I really don't believe your role honestly. I highly doubt there would be a role that literally stops all nonkilling actions night one passively for zero reason. I mean sure it could happen but I don't really believe it. I also really see no point in claiming it anyway.

If you hadn't claimed then town may have have wasted something like an inspect or something, and yes there is a chance something with limited shots may have been used but generally that stuff doesn't get blown N1. However there is the chance that you could have screwed scum over as scum may actually have one shot abilities that would be used Day 1 to stop us from getting information. Then you could have just claimed it on D2.

Fuck I really don't like it and I don't believe it but I also don't see much reason for you to claim it as scum unless it is actually a passive role as scum as well, but even then I find that really risky and it makes no sense at all.

As for your clarinet v manix protection. I honestly feel like your manix protection wasn't as bad. It's something you've done before multiple times, as well as for very similar reasons and generally you can read manix pretty well. Thus I find that normal and probably a lot more reasonable for you to do. You randomly protecting clarinets for some pretty bad play that is actually something he has done before is not something I would normally expect from you.

@Mods: ISO's plz, the sooner the better

Manix, why go about your suspicion that way? If the answer is 'for reactions', why was this way more productive than letting Clarinets know your read on him and respond to it? The suspicion itself is fine, but the way you went about it looks more like you're trying to put Clarinets in a bad spot than anything else.

nice presumption, but that was not for reactions. it was mostly for lolz and i also then explained myself.

as a sidenote to this point: i'm pretty sure clarinets has not been mafia ever so arguments around "he's experienced enough to not react poorly" don't hold since there's nothing to base around. correct me if i'm wrong, however, since i only skim games

Makaze's posts seem artificial so far.

word on this

@via's claim: it's fine. the only thing you can really argue is when is the optimal time to claim and that goes pretty much any way one may want. also would never lynch here until absolutely necessary (eg: cop guilty etc)

Their content reads as genuine and Townlike, I like how they ask a lot of questions.

scumpost

asking questions is not indicative of town. it's what questions they ask that matter and the questions he's asked do not instill me with confidence that he is definitely town, considering he's being incredibly cagey with people in general

also a scumpost

i've seen some OMGUS'es in my time (aka last game, from memory) and this is up there with those. why jump on ars over me when i functionally parroted marf? seems like a push onto easy targets to me

i'm staying on this vote. clarinets' posts don't gel with me at all

[spoiler=@shinori]

This seems like it's a logical choice. Ignore me for basically zero reason. I didn't even say anything bad. I really don't like how you claimed and I really don't believe your role honestly. I highly doubt there would be a role that literally stops all nonkilling actions night one passively for zero reason. I mean sure it could happen but I don't really believe it. I also really see no point in claiming it anyway.

I suggest you drop this line since it will inevitably cause issues down the line in regards to coping mechanisms in the game. Speaking from whatever alignment, I don't want things to end up frayed outside of the game.

scumpost

asking questions is not indicative of town. it's what questions they ask that matter and the questions he's asked do not instill me with confidence that he is definitely town, considering he's being incredibly cagey with people in general

This I agree with actually. TMI on Clarinet's part.

##Vote: Makaze

Two things.

1. Your post asking for numbers. Not prompted, nothing around it is related.

2. You keep mentioning your null/tone whatever read on me, a player that had only posted dumb stuff in rvs in at least more posts after you've already discussed it in an exchange with Prims earlier. The initial read itself by your own reasoning seemed to not really be that important But yet you keep mentioning it?

ie. posts that don't show progression but echoing