Sacred Stones Mafia: Redux (Game Over)

ZoesMad

Wow so first off not gonna ask me the same question about the SB wagon? Even though you have expressed suspicions of me? And second what a softclaim

But you've posted your thoughts about things? And it's not meant to be a softclaim, I'm mayor kind of difficult to soft that

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that out of the way...

I'm in the business of proving Prims wrong, so I'd like to make my reads clear and organised. Subject to change as always, but I'm reasonably confident in the ones I have.

Town:

Junko - The town clearing comments looked bad at first, but later content doesn't show scum intent, and in the light of that it actually looks like a derpclear.

Strawman - I can't really explain this, but the way he says things gives me a strong feeling that he is town. Each post he makes makes me more sure of it.

Quote - The claim and the tone make me sure he is town. Can't get anything but good intentions from his content either. Not much to say here.

Shinori - Can't see him pulling this kind of stuff as scum. Can't fake that saltiness.

Town leaning:

Prims - This play seems typical Prims, casing me D1 included, and he seems critical, if still unable to read my intent.

Scum leaning:

Clarinets - It is easy to be right about me when they are Mafia and the lack of reason to town read me adds weight to the case others are making.

Ars Nova - This is a more chaos read because he has good posts and posts that set off blaring sirens like the one where he literally says "Want you buddy up?" Overall he seems too manic and jumpy for Town!Nova. Hard to keep up, which is something I'm not used to.

SB - He asked me questions that, in my opinion, didn't really lead anywhere except to light a fire under my ass. Pretty weak, but it looks like he's taking advantage of my ego instead of actually hunting me.

Marth - Manic as they come and took the first chance to jump off of a Clarinets wagon. Not sure why he is deciding to town read me though, so possible conflict of interest and weird associative if Clarinets/Marth are scum/scum.

The strawman read really strikes me. I guess you basically imply it's a gut read but I feel there should be something else there besides that. There should be something specific about his posts or his play this game that's making you swing that way? You even stated to him that he was a solid town read and how you base your reads on association but what specifically is making strawman seem so town to you? Give me something, anything, not just "He feels really town and every post amplify's that."

This is my thoughts on Shinori as well.

Just a quick response to this stuff since you and someone else commented on my not having a vote. I was torn last night on voting Quote or not. Like I stated I don't like the claim and if the role exists my gut is telling me that I should push quote for it and just not let it happen in generally. Part of me feels like it could be scum just saying it's passive to get off with a free card for a mass roleblock on N1 without arousing a bunch of suspicion. This was making me want to vote Quote but thinking about it and that as reasoning makes it feel like I'm grasping and I tried to logically think if Quote as a player would do something like that which is why I didn't drop a vote on them. I was honestly torn on it. Thus no vote yet because Quote was who had most of my attention. Also please clarinet you need to post something else. Most of this post that I quoted was honestly just you saying things that were filler "I liked the questions you posted, they're relevant and productive." Or just mimicking other people's thoughts, like honestly there isn't all that much there. Probably not gonna lynch clarinets at the moment though but you need to state more of your own thoughts if possible.

Now I'm trying to read and get caught up on other things.

You know I caught onto the fact that you were mayor/double voter already but I don't get why you showed it and why you are claiming it as so right now.

This is one of the reasons I really don't want a clarinet lynch at the moment.

By then, the town could be damaged beyond repair. I don't like roles that make it easier to have mislynches, anyone here that does? What else can you offer?

I really dislike this flak being thrown at clarinets though just because of the role. And it really doesn't make it easier to mislynch because if he were to do something like hammer at a bad point, he knows his role and we know what he did which means he can just be lynched the following day phase, or SHOT if we have a vig.

I really don't like this.

##Vote: Faerie Knight

Gonna go ISO you while I still catch up on the thread.

By then, the town could be damaged beyond repair. I don't like roles that make it easier to have mislynches, anyone here that does? What else can you offer?

How many games of Mafia have you played?

You know I caught onto the fact that you were mayor/double voter already but I don't get why you showed it and why you are claiming it as so right now.

This is one of the reasons I really don't want a clarinet lynch at the moment.

How does that not make you want to lynch him more? What is logic?

And one for Mak: What do you think of Yolo's vote on SB? Specifically how he named several people who weren't SB before tossing it on?

Assuming you mean livelystone, I tried to get him to explain his bad post but he ignored me/idled pretty hard and I forgot to press some more.

Let's go back to that post:

ive skimmed hardbody and without shame

another game with terrible town reads being thrown around for no reason that only serves to deceive the masses

im smellin scum between makaze and commie. it might be a good idea to lynch em back to back to ensure a scum lynch in the first two days. ill be here tomorrow so will be able to take a closer look to see if this is worth following thru but in the meantime

##vote sb

I was tempted to let this go as a null because it almost sounds like the kind of testing I might do, just worse. But in retrospect, without explanation this is a blatantly scummy shotgun post contributing to a wagon without even commenting on it. Especially considering I think at least two of the three people he shot at are town and the third is gaining some points as we speak, but he hasn't updated his opinion or expanded on it. At least I eventually explained my vote on Junko.

I have a bad habit of tunneling active people and assuming inactives aren't even lynchable but I'd be as happy with lynching this guy as anyone.

... And since it looks like I'm not going to get any new info from SB, may as well switch and light a fire under his ass.

##Unvote SB

##Vote livelystone13

This question seems leading, so what do you make of his intent?

The strawman read really strikes me. I guess you basically imply it's a gut read but I feel there should be something else there besides that. There should be something specific about his posts or his play this game that's making you swing that way? You even stated to him that he was a solid town read and how you base your reads on association but what specifically is making strawman seem so town to you? Give me something, anything, not just "He feels really town and every post amplify's that."

You're not going to get it, if you don't agree with me then feel free to case him because I believe that logic trumps intuition, and I'm not here to make cases for why he is town, I'm telling you my position because I think people having clear and strong reads throughout the game makes process of elimination easier even if we don't agree with each other.

Did you mean to mention a specific question?

Nova's. He asked me what I made of Yolo. I'm asking him back. Would he lynch him?

This question seems leading, so what do you make of his intent?

I assume this was for me? Just wanted that read on the books for later. For the record I agree with the shotgunning part, doesn't ping me bad enough to draw my attention but I support the prodding

How many games of Mafia have you played?

Why do you ask? And why don't you answer me first, why should a role that increases the chance of mislynches be left around? And no, the argument of "You'll be lynched afterwards if you cause that" doesn't work, as from where I stand, you're town too, and all that does is waste players and time.

This is simply an advisory, I'm aiming to lynch those I find scummy, as people should, but you have to prove your worth, or you're just a liability.

Why do you ask? And why don't you answer me first, why should a role that increases the chance of mislynches be left around? And no, the argument of "You'll be lynched afterwards if you cause that" doesn't work, as from where I stand, you're town too, and all that does is waste players and time.

This is simply an advisory, I'm aiming to lynch those I find scummy, as people should, but you have to prove your worth, or you're just a liability.

i agree

lynch yourself plskthx

Answer the question, I'm not wasting my time with yours.

Shinori, why is this maflogic instead of silly town logic?

I guess this is kind of true. Silly town trying to lynch the mayor cause they don't like double voters is more likely than scum trying to lynch a mayor cause they are scared of a mayor. The vibe of his posts are really rubbing me the wrong way though.

How does that not make you want to lynch him more? What is logic?

I see no real reason to lynch a claimed double voter that revealed their hand and role early day 1. We know what he is and we know what he does, at least on the surface. He says his role disables in mylo/lylo, that's generally true, it might not but I doubt it would stay active. He literally cannot force a misslynch without being punished for it and a 1 for 1 trade is ALWAYS worse for scum than it is for town.

Faerie's entire premise is that he just wants clarinet gone because he makes misslynches easier. Which is terrible reasoning, you don't like double voters, okay, that's one thing. Making misslynches easier I completely disagree with. If we get to the point that we hammer someone because of a double voter that we fully know exists that's everyone's fault and is really easy to avoid. And like I said, clarinets cannot do anything, if he forces one himself he fucks himself over.

Answer the question, I'm not wasting my time with yours.

Shinori I hope you realize you're defending a guy who talks like this to other human beings

So you are saying you find clarinets as town but you feel he should argue as to why he's town because of his role?

I'm confused. Are you saying you think he's town but that we should lynch him solely because of his role? Like that's worse than I thought initially.