Sacred Stones Mafia: Redux (Game Over)

ZoesMad

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ars Nova: I don't want to worry about Marth's alignment relative to Clarinets' until Clarinets flips. I could see him doing what you said but I don't have a strong grasp on his scum meta. I don't have a strong read on him in this game at the moment but don't see his interpretation with Strawman's posts and am confused how he decided Strawman looked the worst out of everybody he suspected.

@Marth: you said you don't want to give Clarinets a pass but you're not voting him; how scummy do you actually find him? how scummy relative to Strawman/SB?

@Makaze: I'm not taking potshots. I thought it was scummy that you didn't post reads until I poked you and I thought your wall of self-meta was overly defensive given you proceeded to post reads not based on unflipped players' associations with each other. I figured it was obvious because I've played mafia games with you before and you were in them and looked for scum in them. If you need me to state things very clearly, then, sure: scumhunting is more helpful to town than talking about your playstyle. Besides that I think your posts have contained a lot of unfounded bluster in them, like you going "oh now I DEFINITELY want to lynch yolo" but he hadn't even subbed out yet. If you don't want to deal with a sub I get that but in context it just looks like you're antagonizing him to nobody's benefit, especially when your vote started out as a prod (a particularly weird one because you complained he never elaborated on his post but he hadn't posted between then and your vote???).

@yolo: case marth plz

Wow can't believe we still FoS in this day and age

nova is disgusting for taking a dump on everyone here without chasing/engaging the bandwagoners

Uhh I'm actually voting one right now. And I did engage Mak and Prims (Marth isn't fuggen here so I can't)

@Ars Nova: I don't want to worry about Marth's alignment relative to Clarinets' until Clarinets flips. I could see him doing what you said but I don't have a strong grasp on his scum meta. I don't have a strong read on him in this game at the moment but don't see his interpretation with Strawman's posts and am confused how he decided Strawman looked the worst out of everybody he suspected.

Fair enough but if Oboe DOES flip scum I am gonna be hot-glued to Marth unless somebody fucks my mind off with some spectacular reinterpretation of their interactions

Alright, I'm reading Manix as town too. That leaves:

1. Clarinets

2. Marth

3. Yoloswag

4. Faerie Knight

7. SB

9. Crysta

12. Ars Nova

As possibles.

Where is Faerie btw? Paging Faerie Knight. Quoting so he gets a notice.

when are you going to hunt scum in this game makaze? which of these players are scummy and why? the only conviction ive seen from you is in regards to my slot and your wrongness there will soon be evident

Fair enough but if Oboe DOES flip scum I am gonna be hot-glued to Marth unless somebody fucks my mind off with some spectacular reinterpretation of their interactions

I don't blame you for that

Marth/Clarinets as the D1 wagons sounds good actually because when I think about it Marf's weird Strawman vote + priorities ARE suspicious but I think Clarinets is much scummier than Marth

Of my other scum leans, I'm willing to give SB a rest since my problems with him were all ED1 problems, I don't see a Makaze wagon going anywhere today, and Strawman I just don't want to kill early two games in a row #goodreasons

so what do you think about makaze now strawman?

Neutral. His recent posts have town content, but some interesting interactions with Prims. Makaze's content improved after questions from others, most strongly Prims, but my vote also. So it could be him being self conscious and trying to correct as scum or saying my post style hasn't been effective so I'm going to improve as town.

@ Yolo: Your case on Marth? Why vote him over Makaze or Junko(Commie), or even me?

when are you going to hunt scum in this game makaze? which of these players are scummy and why? the only conviction ive seen from you is in regards to my slot and your wrongness there will soon be evident

doesn't take much conviction to out convict this group

General reads list so far, from town to scum:

TOWN

Prims

Makaze

Whoever I forgot to include

NULL

livelystone13 (Town lean)

Shinori (Scum lean)

SCUM

SB

Ars Nova

Faerie Knight

I'd write reasons but I don't really have much time right now.

@Makaze: I'm not taking potshots. I thought it was scummy that you didn't post reads until I poked you and I thought your wall of self-meta was overly defensive given you proceeded to post reads not based on unflipped players' associations with each other. I figured it was obvious because I've played mafia games with you before and you were in them and looked for scum in them. If you need me to state things very clearly, then, sure: scumhunting is more helpful to town than talking about your playstyle. Besides that I think your posts have contained a lot of unfounded bluster in them, like you going "oh now I DEFINITELY want to lynch yolo" but he hadn't even subbed out yet. If you don't want to deal with a sub I get that but in context it just looks like you're antagonizing him to nobody's benefit, especially when your vote started out as a prod (a particularly weird one because you complained he never elaborated on his post but he hadn't posted between then and your vote???).

I see your point.

A potential problem is I don't really have the motivation to do scum hunting at the moment, I don't think there is enough content to get a strong scum read. If I've improved at all in my play, it's in not jumping the gun and tunneling people like you D1. I'd rather get town reads just by reading as I go and find scum by elimination. So if I do post some kind of real case, you'll still see it as forced, because it is.

But if you insist, any case is better than no case.

There are three players who have given me actual scum vibes at times. Nova, Marth and Yolo. I'll be honest, I've been avoiding going after Nova because I know I'm biased and I know he hates being read as scum in every game. But as I said before there are several posts that read scum intent. Most notably are:

Wow, thought for sure my faction was a typo of Marvel 'til I saw it twice

In retrospect this doesn't have much of a point besides towncred, and easy to fake as scum. Seems more like a move scum!Nova would make than town!Nova.

Yes but knowing you're in this game and smart enough to pick up on that does it not cyclically become a reckless move :3c

Only if you think that I'm town. Did I just catch you based on a joke post?

He went on to ignore this and his next question drew me away to ask me about another player:

And one for Mak: What do you think of Yolo's vote on SB? Specifically how he named several people who weren't SB before tossing it on?

Note I had already prodded said player and presumably Nova had already read that. Then when I asked for his opinion...

I assume this was for me? Just wanted that read on the books for later. For the record I agree with the shotgunning part, doesn't ping me bad enough to draw my attention but I support the prodding

However! Nova also some posts that seem townie, and I am biased, which is throwing me off. I'm willing to bring up these points but I'd like to hear some kind of "you're not crazy" from an impartial party before I jump into that deathmatch.

Marth I've explained, I still think he is way too manic to be seriously thinking as a Town. Biggest tell: I haven't seen any town toned posts from him.

As for YOLO himself, I don't think much needs to be said, his moves are even worse than mine and I'd kind of like to lynch him just for threatening to sub out afer

Others:

SB moved down to a null because of my interactions with him.

Clarinets isn't high on this list any more because I realized the main reason I was suspecting him still is just that he townread me at a weird time. I don't buy most of the case on him because his tone doesn't read mafia motivated to me.

I am still fine with any of these lynches. In priority order: Yolo > Marth > Nova > Clarinets

fdjlkfjdslkdjfldf

back button and lost most of my post

gdi

@Marth: you said you don't want to give Clarinets a pass but you're not voting him; how scummy do you actually find him? how scummy relative to Strawman/SB?

@yolo: case marth plz

I had some speech here about myself but it isn't relevant anymore so have my scum thoughts, little as they may be.

Got three people with posts that give actual scum vibes. YOLO, Nova, and Marth.

Nova has sent off some sirens with things like this:

Wow, thought for sure my faction was a typo of Marvel 'til I saw it twice

In retrospect this doesn't have much of a point besides towncred, and easy to fake as scum. Seems more like a move scum!Nova would make than town!Nova.

Yes but knowing you're in this game and smart enough to pick up on that does it not cyclically become a reckless move :3c

Only if you think that I'm town. Did I just catch you based on a joke post?

I actually think this is a great point, punctuated by the fact he went on to ignore this and his next question drew me away to ask me about another player:

And one for Mak: What do you think of Yolo's vote on SB? Specifically how he named several people who weren't SB before tossing it on?

Note I had already prodded said player and presumably Nova had already read that. Then when I asked for his opinion...

I assume this was for me? Just wanted that read on the books for later. For the record I agree with the shotgunning part, doesn't ping me bad enough to draw my attention but I support the prodding

However, Nova also some posts that seem townie, and I am biased, which is throwing me off. I'll be honest, I've been avoiding casing Nova for real because I've been proven to be biased against him and I don't want to mislynch a friend. I'm willing to bring up these points but I'd like to hear some kind of "you're not crazy" from an impartial party before I jump into that deathmatch.

As for YOLO himself, I don't think much needs to be said. What few posts he has made have all pinged my scumdar, especially given his complete lack of explanations for past actions. I half want to lynch him just for threatening to sub out under pressure.

Marth is still manic and lacking in any town tones. He is making cases, but pretty much all of them are sheepy and he jumps from one to the next without rhyme or reason. Went over this in my other post.

Others:

SB is null-er after my interactions with him, Clarinets is still scum-like, but I'm not getting the tone vibe to go with the supposed obvious scum stuff. Okay with the lynch but not feeling it. Pretty much realized my biggest reason for casing Clarinets is that he town read me, which isn't enough to put him above people like Nova or Yolo.

My lynch priority right now is: Yolo > Marth > Nova > Clarinets

Can't help but notice this isn't scumhunting

if you're just trying to press buttons then it's working

but I genuinely do not believe you think I am scum

I'm not quoting the whole post but I should say this much, Mak

because your perception of me is clearly being colored by my brief stint on MU

Bear in mind that that community made me absolutely furious with its arrogance and clique-ism

I play a lot differently when I'm not surrounded by snot-nosed pissants

I'm not tryna tell you how to think, just... keep that in mind

i wake up properly after skimming to p12 and then suddenly we're at p16. guys pls

i'm still not even sure why there was a 2 page argument. it was over literally nothing useful, et al

and i don't really want to go back and read that because it'll keep draining my motivation. people don't want to see petty arguments in a game because it isn't constructive

back later, i'm not dealing with this right now

in other words makaze

you lynch priority is all who ive voiced dislike for. why dont you help me bus my buddies?

you present a decent argument

allow me to retort: you're an ass

hth

seriously though, you have a point, but distancing is a thing

someone with your caustic attitude would have no problem shitting on their fellow scum to dig the team out of a hole

Do you have any town reads? Why or why not?

yeah you are probably right

i've seen yolo's like before, he reminds me of Scott Howard of MU

not a team player but not necessarily scum either

someone people policy lynch just to get rid of

i'll reconsider whether it's worth it tomorrow; for now, i can see if he keeps to his word on a Marth lynch, which is better than what we're doing

I don't intend to let my disdain for playstyle make me into a stubborn bastard

##Unvote

##Marth

Regarding Clarinets, I can see prims case on him but at the same time it's clarinets. I can't really read them and if I vaguely recall I think we lynched clarinets for similar reasons in realm of mirrors. I would be okay lynching him at deadline i guess but otherwise not really.

I like strawman's case, marth tried to strawman the strawman and it didn't work!

On the other hand while strawman's new case is good there are definitely still some oddities I see. Namely I find the logic on Makaze a little shakey because although yeah I guess I could see it they did it for a grand total of one post so I can't help find it a little graspy even for ED 1 standards. Also although I asked for makaze thoughts I notice that strawman has not given thoughts on players such as clarinets. What are your thoughts on clarinets?

Finally on yolo, while their points against me are good. Yeah I'll not lie I didn't really want to commit to anything since I didn't feel too much I feel like their hastiness to lynch one and then if that fails the other one might work bad. slight read,

##unvote

## Vote Marth

Although it could be said that I have more on strawman, I honestly feel way more confident in this read since yeah his part of the strawman case seemed like it was really stretching words.

@SB i'm never confident no matter how confident i sound T_T, Also regarding your response on clarinets, I still feel as if that kind of reaction test would not spur clarinets to act like that. I feel like we're going in circles though arguing this so meh,