Sacred Stones Mafia: Redux (Game Over)

ZoesMad

I don't even get how people think I'm "focused" on my Manix read when it was a barely out of RVS vote that I clarified once because Junko didn't understand and then defended myself because people decided I was a maflord for it. This is the exact same shit that happened last game.

I can agree with SB's fixation on Manix being off and I'm not used to seeing him pursue like that (in RVS no less). His explanation doesn't instill me with confidence, either: you were considering his 'reaction' test malicious/a scheme to make Clarinets look bad and town-reading him at the same time?

I thought Clarinets was town and I don't see why town!Manix does things that way when 90% of the time I've seen people do similar reaction tests they just confirmation bias on the target regardless of the result and then tunnel them into oblivion. In hindsight this isn't particularly out of the question for Manix but I would've expected him to at least start this differently.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to help yourself you could follow up on those rereads you need to do and have concrete reads

like, how are you reading me now that you said you can get a read off me

I mean yeah but that takes time and is not going to magically appear out of thin air.

You actually started to explain your shit and gave the thought process to your posts instead of being needlessly cryptic.

Marth's vote looks like he's trying to be a hipster because it emotionally reads like he cares more about his suspicion on me than Strawman but votes him instead? Idk how to describe it.

I mean yeah but that takes time and is not going to magically appear out of thin air.

You actually started to explain your shit and gave the thought process to your posts instead of being needlessly cryptic.

Am I a town lean or a mafia lean?

Take that time; never, ever tease that you have a feeling without backing it up with a strong claim like "it is scummy and he is a scummy scum".

If you tease that you have more to say in post a, I expect you to have already worked on it when you are asked to produce it at post b.

You're telling me you came back to post "this is dumb" and haven't even started working on it.

I don't have patience for stalling. It's scummy because it gives the appearance of doubting Marth but what if you die before you deliver your real opinion?

TL;DR Let's hear what you think of Marth with a good, strong "would lynch" or "would not lynch". I'll back off of you if you do.

I think you're a townie but your earlier posts were just giving me ptsd from GoC.

And "taking your time" is a little harder in practice when you're gone for 9+ hours immediately after posting.

After sitting down for 5 minutes to actually read Marth's post I think the line about "everyone is scummy" is super fake and the post in general is all over the place. I think someone said Marth was scummy for tryharding earlier? But I think its more scummy because it looks like hes deliberately trying to be different.

I clicked Omega's ISO 3 times wondering why it showed his posts rather than Junko's.

But yeah I don't really think his posts are that bad but it feels like he swaps between having and lacking confidence from post to post? Which is a really jarring change. His response to Makaze is the biggest example of this, maybe because I expect town!Junko to panic more but he feels really confident there and then its gone in his next post. It feels super weird to read.

It also took me a while to realise Strawman hasnt taken a stance on anything except Makaze and his points against him are that he asked for numbers unprompted without explaining why he thinks its scummy and because Makaze kept bringing him up? Which is kind of a big stretch. The rest of his posts are responding to other posts with things without committing to a lot (the leadup to his Makaze vote, the suggestion about Clarinets' post without being open with his read o

##Vote: Strawman

In hindsight this might be part of what Marth was getting at with his vote but its kind of hard to parse. Pls confirm.

Pedit: *Watch Junko, want to know if other feel the same way. I could see myself lynching him at deadline but not a strong read.

It also took me a while to realise Strawman hasnt taken a stance on anything except Makaze and his points against him are that he asked for numbers unprompted without explaining why he thinks its scummy and because Makaze kept bringing him up? Which is kind of a big stretch. The rest of his posts are responding to other posts with things without committing to a lot (the leadup to his Makaze vote, the suggestion about Clarinets' post without being open with his read on it). He also asked Junko some questions and then completely blanked the response in his next post which is not great.

##Vote: Strawman

In hindsight this might be part of what Marth was getting at with his vote but its kind of hard to parse. Pls confirm.

Pedit: *Watch Junko, want to know if other feel the same way. I could see myself lynching him at deadline but not a strong read.

SF ate part of this.

Keeping my vote where it is until you can give me a strong statement about Marth, but I too would like to hear more from our favourite scarecrow.

Strawman, where you at?

##Vote: Makaze

Two things.

1. Your post asking for numbers. Not prompted, nothing around it is related.

2. You keep mentioning your null/tone whatever read on me, a player that had only posted dumb stuff in rvs in at least more posts after you've already discussed it in an exchange with Prims earlier. The initial read itself by your own reasoning seemed to not really be that important But yet you keep mentioning it?

ie. posts that don't show progression but echoing

What are your thoughts seeing my updated posts?

Who else are you scumreading?

I am going to reiterate only one more time, I know why my role is like this and that's all I am going to say.

I was in the bathroom at work when I responded to shinori so it was rushed and probably sounded miffed. What I meant by "I am just going to ignore you" was that I didn't want to keep back-and-forthing with him because I knew no matter what I said I probably couldn't convince him to get his case off of me, as he seems pretty set on being suspicious of me (mostly based on my role, which unfortunately there is nothing I can do about). There also isn't much point since he's the only one suspicious of me anyway.

(there's this recent trend in the games I play where I will keep responding to cases on me rather than scumhunt and I only have so much energy to make mafposts so it all ends up going into defending myself rather than trying to help town find scum and that's what I'm trying to avoid. I get defensive when people tunnel on me when I am town because I KNOW some people know this and have used this in the past as maf to get me flustered and cause me to waffle on my opinions and all that)

anyhow I'm not feeling scum!shinori so really quick I'll just respond to a few things

If you hadn't claimed then town may have have wasted something like an inspect or something, and yes there is a chance something with limited shots may have been used but generally that stuff doesn't get blown N1. However there is the chance that you could have screwed scum over as scum may actually have one shot abilities that would be used Day 1 to stop us from getting information. Then you could have just claimed it on D2.

there are pros and cons to claiming it at any time, and since I don't exactly know the roles in this game I just went with my gut and claimed it now.

I'll admit part of me was focused on what would happen N1 when actions failed and I didn't want people to accuse me by claiming it after the fact. But also I just wanted people to be aware asap because yolo. Reactions to my claim would help me later

(also SHIT let me check the rules really quick because there was another reason I claimed but now I'm afraid it may have been a moot point )^: )

I highly doubt there would be a role that literally stops all nonkilling actions night one passively for zero reason.

well I get to prove this tonight when everyone's actions fail so I'm not too worried about that

You randomly protecting clarinets for some pretty bad play that is actually something he has done before is not something I would normally expect from you.

1. I don't know clarinets's meta. I've played a total of one game with him that I subbed out of.

2. I don't know the meta of a lot of players in this game and in addition to that I haven't played an SF game all the way through in at least six months. I don't even remember how long it's been. so what you would "normally expect from me" has probably changed.

Anyhow

##Unvote

I need to reread stuff. I'm still not completely sold by SB's defenses but I don't know how many votes he has right now and I don't want to fuck anything up.

My reads are kinda fucked right now because everyone is either null or town. I WILL post again with my updated reads after I get coffee though, promise.

[spoiler=@shinori]sorry if I pissed you off, what I said was a little uncalled for and I do apologize for that

meant to include this in my previous post whoops

(also SHIT let me check the rules really quick because there was another reason I claimed but now I'm afraid it may have been a moot point )^: )

well fuck I should have read the rules before claiming OH WELL

I still don't regret claiming though

anyway that's enough of that, will return later

Reeeeally not jivin' with the SB wagon. Bandies lookin ULTRA sus rn. (bandies is bandwagoners I just made it up cuz I'm a trendsetter)

SB, give me two solid reads: Clarinets & Marth. Lay it on the line. If you had to pick between them, which one dies today?

Votals 1.3 aka I love Baldrick

SB (5): Prims, Yolo, Makaze, Clarinets[/b]

So any of you want to claim double voter? Or maybe not, I don't like them. With that in mind, ##Vote: livelystone13, I don't think I like you either.

Also, the quoted wagon should clear up, it's bad. Take that as you will.

Something at the top because I always have a message here.

@clarinets: as a sidenote, can you try and space out the quotes and stuff so it isn't quite so clumped together? if you can't, no big deal, but it's a bit easier to parse that way

Sure.

I don't even get how people think I'm "focused" on my Manix read when it was a barely out of RVS vote that I clarified once because Junko didn't understand and then defended myself because people decided I was a maflord for it. This is the exact same shit that happened last game.

It's not because of that. It's because you barely have any content other than that.

there are pros and cons to claiming it at any time, and since I don't exactly know the roles in this game I just went with my gut and claimed it now.
I'll admit part of me was focused on what would happen N1 when actions failed and I didn't want people to accuse me by claiming it after the fact. But also I just wanted people to be aware asap because yolo. Reactions to my claim would help me later

This makes a lot of sense. It would definitely benefit scum more than Town to claim this role after Night One occurs.

So any of you want to claim double voter? Or maybe not, I don't like them. With that in mind, ##Vote: livelystone13, I don't think I like you either.

Also, the quoted wagon should clear up, it's bad. Take that as you will.

In other news, explain your reads, why you think the SB wagon is bad, and really just content in general.

I'll give you a hint. The first votals.

Ok, and why should you be left alive then? Double voter is a dangerous role, especially in a hammer-enabled game, make it good.

In other news, explain your reads, why you think the SB wagon is bad, and really just content in general.

Yolo is scummy from his one serious post, calling out two people with a lot of certainty for d1, then voting elsewhere on a popular target.

I don't want SB to die because of that, and because I have other reasons to say he's a bad lynch which I will leave vague for now.

Wow so first off not gonna ask me the same question about the SB wagon? Even though you have expressed suspicions of me? And second what a softclaim

This must be a record for longest I've stuck to a Day 1 vote