QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

It's a bastardized nickname version of my name. It's typical to add y to names for a nickname.

Rachely sounds weird. Rachy is awkward to say and morphed into Rayzy, which became Rezzy.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boringly enough Jiac is just an acronym of my full name...

I used it for Club Penguin, but it stills sounds decent so //shrug.

Jiegg was suggested by the lovely user named Hattusili the Egg White :^).

Been an Harvest Moon fan and an Rune Factory fan since I was a little lad. My favorite series was RF and Raguna was the default name of the first and third game in the series and I liked him the best out of all the others so I named myself after him.

If I had to change my username, I'd probably go for Jack or Mark from HM or Milanor from Yggdra's Union, but that will be for the far future once I find a reason to do so.

Legoman > Pixelman

Legoman was my name when I registered on Lego.com a very long time ago (I think I was what, 7 or 8?)

Then it just evolved over time to become Pixelman. In a sense I wanted my Username to be 'universal'

Furetchen was my first constant username, named after an OC. The issue with that was it spawned a lot of bad nicknames stemming from it. When I decided to change it I was taking Theory of Knowledge in college and rather liked the concept of Parrhesia, so...

Surprisingly, it's actually taken on a slight majority of things. Pyrrhesia is the backup.

My current one? Well on the flight rising forums there r some really dumb threads and I found an anime roleplay one that was FUXKING HILARIOUS and one of the anime characters was named hiyori so I got really obsessed with the name and still am

I was always a Deathstroke fan, read comics about him, watched the shows he was in and played any video game he was in. I was going to change my name to "Raiden" but I've grown quite fond of this username.

Deathstroke doesn't sound intimidating, Slade is more villainous.

Some people like eggs for some reason... whereas me, I always have been a bit of a Black Sheep. :)

----

If we are talking about my ErrantDShepherd nickname... well, I added the D recently, but D is literally my middle names initial. Even Errant Shepherd is somewhat based off of my own name... terribly original I know.

But mostly Errant and Shepherd kinda correspond to two major halves of my personality... sometimes warring halves. The wanderer, versus the Guardian... with the D in the middle for like... Dreamer or something idefk.

ErrantDreamerShepherd is kinda a huge pretentious sounding mouthful though, so I tend to go by ErrantShep, ErrantShepherd, and lately ErrantDShepherd on most sites I frequent... although I have gone by ES13 when feeling particularly like lurking.

Edited by ErrantBlackSheep

I have always been terrible at coming up with a username, and usually ended up naming myself after some historical character because I'm such a nerd.

So when I joined SF, I was thinking: "What should my username be?" And this time I decided to be intentionally bad and take the name of a very obscure Great King of Hatti from the 17th century BC or something that no one really knows anything about, except some historians and nerds like myself. I guess this name occurred to me because I had written a huge essay about the historiography of Troy a few months back that was still fresh on my mind.

I have pretty much always been either Hattusili I or a variation of it ever since (except that one time I felt like changing my name to Marcus Tullius Cicero). Right now I am Hattusili the Egg because I could not resist the glory of the egg brigade.

I was super into eragon at the time and I decided I want to create my own name out of the language that those books used

at the time I thought it meant shadow mists because paolini decided to not make a dictionary but just translations of phrases/sentences so I had to guess but it's looking like it actually means death mists c:

So once there was a man named Donald Blake and he was a doctor and he was lame. One day he went to Norway on vacation and he loses his walking stick but he finds this new stick and when he hit it on the ground he turns into THOR!!!! and he beats up the stone men from saturn

Turns out Don Blake was just a fake identity Odin made to teach Thor some humility anyway

Thanks dad

Meanwhile have this picture

tIjgfmD.jpg

So once there was a man named Donald Blake and he was a doctor and he was lame. One day he went to Norway on vacation and he loses his walking stick but he finds this new stick and when he hit it on the ground he turns into THOR!!!! and he beats up the stone men from saturn

Turns out Don Blake was just a fake identity Odin made to teach Thor some humility anyway

Thanks dad

Meanwhile have this picture

tIjgfmD.jpg

i don't quite understand this story

if don blake was just a fake identity, then where was thor? was he in the walking stick?

is thor just a separate guy and mr. blake wasn't a real guy he just existed to become thor?

and what happened to mr donald once he turned into THOR!!!?

did he just stop existing and then thor came back?

or did he realize that he was actually just thor the whole time?

i find this very puzzling and intriguing

Edited by unique

I dunno about you guys but I was incredibly happy when I read the word Donald and found out that it was not followed by Trump.

I dunno about you guys but I was incredibly happy when I read the word Donald and found out that it was not followed by Trump.

i mean if someone's name origin story involved donald trump that wouldn't be very good

i mean if someone's name origin story involved donald trump that wouldn't be very good

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the forums took that as a challenge.

I just answered this same question on the Mario Forums

It's the name of my game series I'm creating, with one already out. I've tried swapping it with something different, but I always go back to "Power Master".

Karnage

comming from a line back when Halo Reach fire fight was a thing

"I'AM CARNAGE INCARNATE"

then when I was big into Mortal Kombat, I jokingly spelled words that start with C with K

then the captain part came from Captain Morgan rum