The Golden Age. Act 1: Discoveries.

riariadne

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took everything she had to push past Haley without striking at her, sending a gust to finish off her subordinate. At the rate they were going, Haley would be left on her own, and that would mean either running for it like the coward she was, or throwing herself onto them in an attempt to take someone with her.

"Which one are you, then...?"

Telm to J-17, blast archer B

That was most of them down! All that remained was that one boisterous lady. She's really going to stall until she gets a good shot on somebody, huh? Well, with Raz taking cover on the bushes, she was sure she wouldn't be on the woman's field of sight. That meant she could take an advantage when it became their time to retaliate, probably!

Raz to F16, prepare for ambush!

Edited by Xinnidy

Enemy phase begins, but there's only one enemy left. You know what that means!

"Grr, those idiots! You can't rely on anyone. I won't go down to the likes of you lot. And that means skinning the snake first!"

Using her cutlass (56, 96) she deals 16 damage! Brutal!

She does get hit back for 11 however (25, 78). 14 exp for Telmara

Haley Quickswaps back to the Hand Axe.

It's turn 9. Get to it!

FOHCpBw.png

--

Spreadsheet.

Edited by Reinfleche

So that's how it was going to be, despite all threats, Haley never stepped too far into their side of the river to fight, just picking at Telmara when she was close enough. Hmm, what a predicament. She wasn't prepared to take a foe that could take cover in water, but there was a first time to everything, right.

Ambush time! Taking out her tome again, Raz channeled light through her fingertip, coming out of the bushes in a dash to get Haley into the magic's effective range.

It wasn't really all that much an ambush, but it was the thought that counted.

Raz to J16, Illuminate Haley!

Of course she would aim for the demihuman! Why do people blindly risk their lives like that? Oh well...we need to end this quickly.

"Hey, you! Didn't someone tell you not to mess with numbers? I guess you just like swimming..."

Joviana moves to J-18, blasts Haley with gust.

"Ghhhhhk...!" Telmara gasped painfully as Haley cut into her skin, her overly exposed tail an easy target for the sharp steel. She cursed under her breath, as her new allies rushed past her to strike at the crazy woman.

Kaya came up behind her, healed her, and said all she'd needed to hear.

Without saying a word, she slipped into the river, magic away, sword out. It didn't take a genius to figure out how to skip past the wild swings of an axe. With one quick motion she slipped under Haley's weapon and drove her sword towards the woman's heart.

Telmara to K16, iron sword Haley

shining RAZ (27, 43) deals 5 and Illuminates Haley, (2, 10) but takes 16 back. 14 exp

kaya such heals

joviana deals 8, takes 13 (67, 50) (36, 40). 14 for her too

For her thoughts of it being easy, Telmara barely hits! (89, 46)

"Dammit!" Haley howled, gripping at her wound. Telmara didn't hit where she'd wanted, closer to Haley's abdomen instead, but it was still quite the hit. "Stupid snake woman... Grr, I'll get you! Too injured now, but..." She limped away, fording the river more easily than Telmara, battered and bruised.

But even when it seemed she'd escape, Haley toppled over, her would much too deep without a healer. There was no escaping for her.

Haley is dead! Telmara is awarded 56 experience.

Map 1 completed in 9 turns!

[spoiler=bonus experience!]

Kaya receives 45 bexp.

Joviana receives 55 bexp.

Telmara receives no bexp.

Aaron receives 55 bexp.

Kolmar receives 55 bexp.

Itzal receives 60 bexp.

Raz receives 50 bexp.

Naylen receives 40 bexp.

Mikhaila receives 50 bexp.

Aria receives no bexp.

[spoiler=level ups]

Kaya: (7, 14, 33, 39, 97, 57, 35, 69): HP, Str, Mag

Joviana: (9, 4, 63, 25, 2, 48, 61, 75) HP, Str, Skl, Spd

Aaron: (6, 83, 11, 39, 3, 56, 96, 95): HP, Mag, Spd

Kolmar: (8, 75, 55, 57, 43, 22, 33, 67): HP, Lck

Itzal: (46, 97, 64, 97, 88, 53, 12, 24): HP, Def

Raz: (83, 72, 76, 26, 93, 16, 20, 65): Lck

Mikhaila: (78, 95, 3, 16, 97, 61, 97, 57): Mag, Skl

--

"Ahh, that was scary," Aria spoke up compared to usual- though still not very loud- mostly hiding behind her robes once again. She hadn't been hurt, but some others had, and she started treating a few with her staff, starting with Raz. "You guys are all amazing... fierce fighters, and someone even changed the land! I never thought I'd be so lucky as to team up with people like you."

Everyone may post. Joviana may also return to the Greatforger tile if she wants and reactivate it, reversing the effects.

Edited by Reinfleche

Kolmar spat in the direction of Haley's corpse. Though he'd wanted to teach the bitch a lesson himself, he couldn't argue with Telmara landing the final blow. With everything done, he turned to everyone.

"Alright, which one of you made a river appear out of fucking nowhere?"

Joviana winced as she struggled to stand still, her right arm bleeding profusely from her earlier confrontation with Haley. The demihuman had finally exacted revenge on her, and Joviana was glad that they were out of this little fiasco. I hope we never get into such a situation again. I'm likely to-

Then she heard Aria say something. "You guys are all amazing... fierce fighters, and someone even changed the land! I never thought I'd be so lucky as to team up with people like you."

NO! I've got to reverse the effects...otherwise assassins will be after us! The last thing I need is that...

Clenching her fists to endure the pain, coughing a little, Joviana spoke up, "Young lady, you need to be careful of what you say. I wouldn't take this stuff lightly...people could come after us if we brag about our strength."

And then she heard Kolmar ask something she didn't want to hear, "Alright, which one of you made a river appear out of fucking nowhere?"

He's going to kill me, isn't he?

Edited by Magnificence Incarnate

Telmara grunted and watched Haley collapse, not taking her chances. She took her tome out and threw a spell at her, rending the ground and slicing into her corpse. She bit her lip, looking away. Soaked now, in water and blood... This is the last thing she'd wanted when the day started. Disgusting. Beyond words. Beyond anything... Why did she do that? Who else is going to...? I shouldn't... I shouldn't be with this group... She slithered out of the river, shivering. Kolmar was asking, Aria had mentioned; who made the river? She could find out later. For now...

She approached Kaya, staring at the ground, sword and magic away. "C-Can I... Can I talk to you, Kaya...?" She didn't need to pull her away from the group, others were fine to hear this. "I... Should probably leave you guys. There's no telling who else is going to attack us because I'm h-here, so... It would be for the best... It was a nice gesture, at least. Thanks." She nodded, holding her smile, before glancing around, and starting off away from the scene of the fight. It's not like being alone is anything new... This is better for them, and better for you. Easier to run on your own... Naylen fits in well enough. I'm just a liability.