Which lord would you follow into battle?

secondworld

Which lord do you serve?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your boss

Marth vs Caeda recruitment actually only get into Caeda's favor if you include the chapter 2 dudes

Including Talk Events alone:

Caeda:

Roger

Jake

Ogma

Axe Bros

Axe Bros

Axe Bros

Lorenz

Navvare

Marth:

Wendell

Pirate Dude

Palla

Catria

Est

Minerva

Maria

Edited by JSND

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the idea of going into battle under any circumstances. I just don't have the heart for it as a person. But I suppose if I was to pick any I'd go with Leif mainly because he has the least choice out of all the other lords in the series and if I were to kill people to survive it'd probably be under those circumstances. Also he had no votes so go underdogs!

All of them except Ike and Micaiah, because serving royalty is in my job description, but if I had to pick one, either Roy or Ephraim. Ephraim is more likely, though, because I think his tactical brilliance is integrated into the story better. As for Micaiah, I would side with Begnion because I wouldn't want an independent Daein quite yet. The exception to this is Conquest Corrin. I don't care that he's royalty, I'd send that bitch to the guillotine faster than Thane can say "shitty writing".

While I'd more willingly follow Ephraim than some other leaders, I find him a little too reckless for my tastes. At least, that's how I interpret his behavior in Unbroken Heart since there are so many risks and assumptions involved in his assault.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

All of them except Ike and Micaiah, because serving royalty is in my job description

Then you must really mean all of them except Ike, because Micaiah IS a royal, or at least, becomes one (she is the queen of Daein after RD).

Edited by Anacybele

Then you must really mean all of them except Ike, because Micaiah IS a royal, or at least, becomes one (she is the queen of Daein after RD).

Pfft, she's a usurper. Restore Pelleas! More seriously, I'd be fine with working for her after she becomes a monarch, but before them I'm not risking my life for a bunch of rebels whose membership is ethically questionable at best.

Corrin literally slaughtered tons of innocent Hoshidans in Conquest because Garon told him to, pretty much. He didn't really stand up for himself much in that route. In the other routes, he's better about those, but I can't say I'd follow someone who does that in any version of history.

To be fair, Corrin DID manage to put down the Ice Tribe rebellion early on by talking things out with the chieftain (but not without a fight breaking out because Elise ended up letting it slip that they were with the Nohrian army); the chieftain also noted that Corrin didn't kill any of them. Also of note, when the Hoshidan royals wound up caught by Zola the illusionist, who had plans to execute them, Corrin was willing to pick a fight with the army they were a part of, despite the risk of being branded a traitor.

Micaiah was technically a royal the whole time as Sanaki's (half? the game isn't very clear why Micaiah has the brand and Sanaki does not) sister, but wasn't raised as one.

So I'm guessing he means more as far as upbringing goes.

The game does make it clear why Micaiah has a Brand and Sanaki doesn't, actually. It's stated that only the first born of each generation of Altina's descendants gets the Brand and is the Apostle. Micaiah was born first out of her and Sanaki.

The game does make it clear why Micaiah has a Brand and Sanaki doesn't, actually. It's stated that only the first born of each generation of Altina's descendants gets the Brand and is the Apostle. Micaiah was born first out of her and Sanaki.

...That doesn't make sense, though. Brands are indication of mixed beorc/laguz ancestry (in this case Lehran and Altina's descendants). Sanaki would logically share this mixed ancestry if she really was Micaiah's full sister.

Doesn't the brand show up randomly (as long as there is mixed blood)? I think that's how it's told when it comes to Zelgius, Stefan etc.

Edited by Gradivus.

Micaiah was technically a royal the whole time as Sanaki's (half? the game isn't very clear why Micaiah has the brand and Sanaki does not) sister, but wasn't raised as one.So I'm guessing he means more as far as upbringing goes.

I mean in actual position. I'm not going to fight for a rebel leader who happens to have royal blood, but I will fight for a reigning monarch or the claimant to a throne unjustly taken. Micaiah is neither.

I like Micaiah as a character and all but I really don't think she is suited for the role of a general. Micaiah has by her own admisison no knowledge about strategy and unlike Ike she doesn't have any comrades who are capable of covering her weaknesses. I'm not even sure that she is all that charismatic either. Her popularity with the Daein people seem to be mostly based on them projecting attributes onto her. Either way, the people of Daein only adore her because they don't know that she is a Branded, so her power and influence could easily fall apart. Also, the chaos of war has an extremly negative effect to her, to the point where it can actually knock her out. She seems rather intelligent and is extremly commited to her country but that commitment often drives her to ignore her sense of reason. You know, like when she agreed to become a general of the Liberation Army despite of her own admission that she lacks the abilities needed for the job.

Edited by BrightBow

How Seliph Matches the other lords:

Marth: is nearly as good, except that he has a sidekick.

Alm/Celica: Seliph probably better.

Leif: being that Seliph dragged his ass out of a fire TWICE, hell no Leif isn't beating him.

Roy: Roy might win this one if only because his army is larger than Seliph's, and could work around the Holy Weapons with the Divine Weapons. Single Combat goes to Seliph, as the Binding Blade pales in comparison to Turfing.

Three Lords: Would get destroyed, as even Athos couldn't beat everyone in the Liberation Army even with everyone else's help.

Wonder Twins: In between the previous two entries.

Radiant Heroes: Opposite of Roy. Destroys in battle, stomped in 1v1.

Chrom: No amount of reclassing will equal the playing field.

Corrin: Forget it.

...That doesn't make sense, though. Brands are indication of mixed beorc/laguz ancestry (in this case Lehran and Altina's descendants). Sanaki would logically share this mixed ancestry if she really was Micaiah's full sister.

Like Gradivus says, it doesn't show up in all people who are descended from both races. Stefan even confirms this through supports, and that he even has no idea who his laguz ancestor is. He says both his parents are normal beorc. And they couldn't easily lie to him, because while Branded can sometimes hide their Brands, they can't hide the fact that they don't age anymore normally after a certain point. Zelgius mentions this, that he's afraid of what will happen when people begin to notice that he's not aging anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

Like Gradivus says, it doesn't show up in all people who are descended from both races. Stefan even confirms this through supports, and that he even has no idea who his laguz ancestor is. He says both his parents are normal beorc. And they couldn't easily lie to him, because while Branded can sometimes hide their Brands, they can't hide the fact that they don't age anymore normally after a certain point. Zelgius mentions this, that he's afraid of what will happen when people begin to notice that he's not aging anymore.

Ah, okay

It's oddly specific that it's just the firstborn female each generation for Lehran and Altina though.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It probably has to do with Altina being the voice of the goddess and then passing that ability down to her firstborn and future firstborns. I don't really get how it works, as it doesn't go THAT deep into the matter, but yeah.

Hector. I get him. I get why he fights. He doesnt tolerate bullshit and will get to the bottom of stuff.

Eirika because she has what it takes to be a truly good and just leader.

But the one i would die for, is Elincia. Especially post part2 Elincia. She grew a pair of balls so ironclad, they wrecked bourgeoise Crimean uproar and put an entire army of raging laguz in line. But this poll didnt have multiple choice, so i went with Hector. But these three are the ones id fight for.

But the one i would die for, is Elincia. Especially post part2 Elincia. She grew a pair of balls so ironclad, they wrecked bourgeoise Crimean uproar and put an entire army of raging laguz in line. But this poll didnt have multiple choice, so i went with Hector. But these three are the ones id fight for.

Amen. Part 2 of RD was a great character arc for her, and it was only 5 levels!

All of them except Ike and Micaiah, because serving royalty is in my job description, but if I had to pick one, either Roy or Ephraim. Ephraim is more likely, though, because I think his tactical brilliance is integrated into the story better. As for Micaiah, I would side with Begnion because I wouldn't want an independent Daein quite yet. The exception to this is Conquest Corrin. I don't care that he's royalty, I'd send that bitch to the guillotine faster than Thane can say "shitty writing".

But Ike and Micaiah are both serving and commanding on the orders of a monarch. That's generally how most armies in history have worked.

But Ike and Micaiah are both serving and commanding on the orders of a monarch. That's generally how most armies in history have worked.

Well yeah. I would work for Elincia, and if she ordered me to follow Ike I would do it, but after the war was over aid go with Elincia, not Ike. Same goes for Pelleas, and that's only after gutting Izuka.

Well yeah. I would work for Elincia, and if she ordered me to follow Ike I would do it, but after the war was over aid go with Elincia, not Ike. Same goes for Pelleas, and that's only after gutting Izuka.

I be nitpicking here but the thread says follow into battle. Doesn't say anything about post battle politics.

I be nitpicking here but the thread says follow into battle. Doesn't say anything about post battle politics.

Well, then i guess I'd follow Ike and Micaiah if my monarch told me to. Conquest Corrin is still out, though.