Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

Burn damage nerf is actually huge because in reality people didnt really run Poison unless they are forced to and how some stall mon works

And crippling physical attacker very quickly become a secondary function of Burn. Its Keldeo burning Venusaur and Tangrowth that become the main thing sometimes

Taking 16 turn isntead of 8 for Stall Mew to beat up something is really huge too.

Stall tactics in general seem to be taking a huge hit this gen.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stall tactics in general seem to be taking a huge hit this gen.

Yeah thats exactly what im thinking about it. The rumored Unaware nerf is probably the biggest one, but theres a lot of Stall nerf

Even on the pokemon department, Tapu Bulu + Magnezone + Something for Amoongus can destroy stall team completely even without all these nerf.

Pre-Bank metagame did not have Amoongus so people will replace it with Toxapex probably and Tapu Bulu one shot Toxapex

Edited by JSND

Hey Glac, some of the videos on the OP got taken down by NoA. The rest were made private by the person, most likely because of said copyright strikes.

Edited by Emerson

So... what's the story behind Solgaleo's Radiant Sun phase and Lunaala's Full Moon phase? Haven't seen it brought up anywhere.

I think it's just what happens when they use their signature moves. It's not a full form or anything.

Amending the version exclusive list to just the box legendary, Lycanroc formes, UB2s and UB4s.

Every exclusive wild Pokemon you can catch in the wild in the post game.

Necrozma is a roaming legendary.

Edited by Ema Skye

Amending the version exclusive list to just the box legendary, Lycanroc formes, UB2s and UB4s.

Every exclusive wild Pokemon you can catch in the wild in the post game.

Necrozma is a roaming legendary.

Lycanroc forms aren't exclusive, though. We already know that Lycanroc Day can be found wild on Poni Island in Moon

So the true version exclusives are...

Sun: Solgaleo, Buzzwole, Kartana

Moon: Lunala, Pheromosa, Celesteela

Also dammit GF I thought that concept was dropped. Is it at least like the roaming birds in XY instead of the type last used for the Kamis in BW?

Mini-update: Alola's Daycare is a Nursery, dedicated solely to breeding. No experience is gained by keeping a Pokemon in there whatsoever.

Also, Hyper Training doesn't effect breeding-meaning you'll still want a perfect IV-ed ditto for minimal tedium.

I have a quick question on Necrozma.

Is it a UB in terms of how it's read by Pokéballs?

It shares Solgaleo/Lunala's battle theme, doesn't have Beast Boost, and the IP question what it is when shown it ("We didn't receive reports of a UB like this. It may simply be a rare Pokémon" or something like that).

Add that to the fact it apparently roams (why) having Master Balls be Poké-Ball level effective on it would be massively annoying.

I have a quick question on Necrozma.

Is it a UB in terms of how it's read by Pokéballs?

It shares Solgaleo/Lunala's battle theme, doesn't have Beast Boost, and the IP question what it is when shown it ("We didn't receive reports of a UB like this. It may simply be a rare Pokémon" or something like that).

Add that to the fact it apparently roams (why) having Master Balls be Poké-Ball level effective on it would be massively annoying.

I'm pretty sure it counts as a normal pokemon.

New info. Bottle caps just change the stat to what it would be with 31 IVs. The pokemon's actual IVs stay the same. So it at least doesn't screw with Hidden Power. Not helpful for breeding though.

Edited by Konnor97

So I guess it's question time.

This was probably said somewhere in the past, but how do we get Bottle Caps?

Any talk of Solgaleo, Lunaala, Tapus, UBs and Necrozma (Also Marshadow) being shinylocked or not? Because if not, my first shiny hunt will probably be Tapu Lele.

Can Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Silvally/Type Null be bred? Or can Cosmog and it's evolution at least be obtained in any way?

Also when and how do we get Marshadow?

Edited by Emerson

Any talk of Solgaleo, Lunaala, Tapus, UBs and Necrozma (Also Marshadow) being shinylocked or not? Because if not, my first shiny hunt will probably be Tapu Lele.

Can Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Silvally/Type Null be bred? Or can Cosmog and it's evolution at least be obtained in any way?

Bottle Caps are bought in the Join Avenue expy whose name I forget.

Not sure on the second

I forget on Solgaleo/Lunala (probably not) but Type: Null/Silvally are most likely breedable, Gladion had to get the second one somewhere. I can't be certain because of the copyright strikes removing the data videos.

Marshadow is apparently an event mythical, sadly.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Trade shards at I believe at the Festival Plaza. Apparently you can also find them occasionally in trash cans, though that may be a lie.

All of those are shiny locked.

No. A second Cosmog can be found by

visiting the other games dimension/world during the post game and visiting some lake I think. It will evolve into a second Solgaleo/Lunala, but it makes an easy trade on GTS for the other. Apparently you can also get the other version's exclusives besides the UB.

Event legendary by the looks of it.

Bottle Caps are bought in the Join Avenue expy whose name I forget.

Not sure on the second

I forget on Solgaleo/Lunala (probably not) but Type: Null/Silvally are most likely breedable, Gladion had to get the second one somewhere. I can't be certain because of the copyright strikes removing the data videos.

Marshadow is apparently an event mythical, sadly.

If I recall, Type: Null can not be bred. I think the other ones were frozen.

All of those are shiny locked.

GF! Why!? Why must you do this to us AGAIN!?

Ugh, well I was hoping maybe the UBs might be unlocked, but nope. I guess we'll have to wait until the next ORAS type game where we can catch them to get them as shinies.

Maybe I'll just go finish part of OR and SR a shiny Latias...

Edited by Emerson

GF! Why!? Why must you do this to us AGAIN!?

Ugh, well I was hoping maybe the UBs might be unlocked, but nope. I guess we'll have to wait until the next ORAS type game where we can catch them to get them as shinies.

Maybe I'll just go finish part of OR and SR a shiny Latias...

Your avi lines up with your reaction in this post too well even though it makes me think of something else.

Anyways, general post: remember how the stat and ability changes from Mega Evolving would take a turn to set in? Not anymore.

They're instantly applied as soon as you hit "mega evolve".

Edited by The DanMan

Your avi lines up with your reaction in this post too well even though it makes me think of something else.

Anyways, general post: remember how the stat and ability changes from Mega Evolving would take a turn to set in? Not anymore.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-battle-mechanics-research.3586701/page-3#post-7075984

They're instantly applied as soon as you hit "mega evolve".

What is up with your clickable link? Seeing the full link in quoting gets me to the correct location though.

Very good information though.

Edited by Konnor97

What is up with your clickable link? Seeing the full link in quoting gets me to the correct location though.

*facepalm*

Was using a proxy and c/p'd the link from the subreddit. Must have still been a proxy link while having the right text. Fixed now.

*facepalm*

Was using a proxy and c/p'd the link from the subreddit. Must have still been a proxy link while having the right text. Fixed now.

Sorta fixed.

I'm gonna test if this works.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-battle-mechanics-research.3586701/page-3#post-7075984

Oh thank goodness. While that does make some things a bit scarier, it'll also possibly give some of the lesser Megas a chance to shine.

Yeah, like Beedrill not needing to run Protect. It hurts the megas that get slower (Garchomp and other ones I can't think of right now), plus Sableye doesn't get that free Prankster turn. Pretty much generally any mega form that's faster is a buff, and any mega form that's slower is a nerf.

Yeah, like Beedrill not needing to run Protect. It hurts the megas that get slower (Garchomp and other ones I can't think of right now), plus Sableye doesn't get that free Prankster turn. Pretty much generally any mega form that's faster is a buff, and any mega form that's slower is a nerf.

for mega camerupt it just does nothing since its already literally the worst possible thing it can possibly be outside of doubles trick room