Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, L9999 said:

I would love to have a bigger chance of getting Nino....

Thracia obviously was going to get the shaft. For one, it was released during the SNES' dying breath, so no Japanese bought it. I say Japanese because it was never translated. For two, most of the FE3DS babies never touch the old games because they are "primitive and boring." For three, when the newer players want to try out the old games, everyone gangs on them saying, "don't play Thracia 666! Iz 2 HARD!!!!" Most modern gamers think hard games are anathemas to the world so they don't give it a chance. All that makes it the most unpopular FE game discounting Hipster Emblem because Shadows of Valentia is now a thing. As for the characters, sadly they are only notable if they are useful in LTCs or 0 growths runs, because there is not much characterization in Thracia's cast to care besides lol!Asvel or #Staff2win. Still waiting for the remake. 

You saying this makes me want to play the game, just to see how "hard" it is. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just raised my 3* Nino to level 20 to see her ivs, turns out she's +spd -def. I'd assume that's a pretty good combine as she's a green mage, but is she worth putting feathers into if I already have a 5* Julia with decent ivs? 

Thracia is pretty fun. Not actually that hard unless you go at it blind--they throw unexpected stuff at you, so not doing it blind makes Thracia quite easy.

Capture is my favorite mechanic, personally, as implemented in Thracia and not the re-implementations. All my money went to buying stamina drinks and I just capped a bunch of fuckers and stole their weapons. Feels good.

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Thracia is pretty fun. Not actually that hard unless you go at it blind--they throw unexpected stuff at you, so not doing it blind makes Thracia quite easy.

Capture is my favorite mechanic, personally, as implemented in Thracia and not the re-implementations. All my money went to buying stamina drinks and I just capped a bunch of fuckers and stole their weapons. Feels good.

Is Thracia much harder than genealogy? I want to try it next but right now I'm struggling with fe4. I'm only on chapter 3 but adjusting to the new system caused a lot of deaths when I first started, but I'm sure I'll get past that initial difficulty in another chapter or two. 

Just now, immatx said:

Is Thracia much harder than genealogy? I want to try it next but right now I'm struggling with fe4. I'm only on chapter 3 but adjusting to the new system caused a lot of deaths when I first started, but I'm sure I'll get past that initial difficulty in another chapter or two. 

I don't think it's so much as "hard" as "different". At least, I can't remember if heals had a chance of missing in Genealogy too, but I'm pretty sure a healer could miss their target in Thracia. ...It's been a while so I could be very, very wrong, but there are definitely differences in the mechanics!

Like @Thor Odinson said, I think it really is just a matter of knowing what you're going into! If you go in expecting any other FE game, you might be a little surprised by how things turn out!

3 minutes ago, Kaiyumi said:

I don't think it's so much as "hard" as "different". At least, I can't remember if heals had a chance of missing in Genealogy too, but I'm pretty sure a healer could miss their target in Thracia. ...It's been a while so I could be very, very wrong, but there are definitely differences in the mechanics!

Like @Thor Odinson said, I think it really is just a matter of knowing what you're going into! If you go in expecting any other FE game, you might be a little surprised by how things turn out!

That's exactly what tripped me up in genealogy. And no, heals can't miss in genealogy, that'll take some getting used too in thracia. But from what I've heard it's definately worth playing, so I'll just try to figure it out as I go along :)

Edited by immatx

13 minutes ago, immatx said:

That's exactly what tripped me up in genealogy. And no, heals can't miss in genealogy, that'll take some getting used too in thracia. But from what I've heard it's definately worth playing, so I'll just try to figure it out as I go along :)

As a doctor, I wish Heals were 100% effective in real life.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Same.  I've got 34, but I can't risk catching Sanaki.  Guess it will be a couple weeks before I pull again.  Maybe I'll be able to Pull thrice.  Can we get literally anybody else from Tellius?

You don't like Sanaki as a character? I personally haven't played Tellius, but I like her art and speech.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Same.  I've got 34, but I can't risk catching Sanaki.  Guess it will be a couple weeks before I pull again.  Maybe I'll be able to Pull thrice.  Can we get literally anybody else from Tellius?

I've heard the saying: "you attract what you fear". What if you get her not in the focus but in later pulls? in the same way I got 4*Seliph, so salty. Same might happen if @Glaceon Mage pulls Tharja and @Anacybele pulls her first 5* and... tadaa... Lucina!

already casting my hex

Just now, Quintessence said:

I've heard the saying: "you attract what you fear". What if you get her not in the focus but in later pulls? in the same way I got 4*Seliph, so salty. Same might happen if @Glaceon Mage pulls Tharja and @Anacybele pulls her first 5* and... tadaa... Lucina!

already casting my hex

I'd hate it more if it was Camilla honestly, but even though you're right, at least the risk is lower without the focus, you know?

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

already casting my hex

You can always send them home out of spite. I probably would if I pulled Camilla, Tharja or Peri.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You don't like Sanaki as a character? I personally haven't played Tellius, but I like her art and speech.

Yes, I hate Sanaki.  I thought my Sanaki hatred was renown by now, but I guess not.

Her art is okay, apart from those Aladdin pants or whatever they're supposed to be.  I just hate her bratty, petty personality.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

already casting my hex

For that reason, I wish we could trade.

Funnily enough, I pulled Nowi as my first 4*.  I let out an audible "No!", which caused my infant daughter to giggle at me.  I guess she found it funny.  I kept her anyway, since I'm a completionist, but I won't use her.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Yes, I hate Sanaki.  I thought my Sanaki hatred was renown by now, but I guess not.

Her art is okay, apart from those Aladdin pants or whatever they're supposed to be.  I just hate her bratty, petty personality.

Really? Huh. I find that sort of thing to be cute instead.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hatred is irrational and generally not fine. She's literally ten and in position of power in the first game, and thirteen and much more mature in the second.

Her brattiness in the first game might actually be an act (bad pun not intended).

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

already casting my hex

Sometimes I get the opposite effect. I go in saying "3%? I'm only going to pull garbage! I'm going to pull 4 Hinatas in a row!" And I got 4!Eirika, 4!Femui, 5! Raven and Reinhardt, all after saying "I'm pulling Eirika and a Judgral character you like it or not!" Although I don't like Femui because playing Ness-Corrin in Smash feels like drinking bleach.

I'm actually less fond of Micaiah than I am of Sanaki, personally, though I can understand personal preference! I had gotten both Tharja and Peri as 5* drops, and both are probably at the very bottom of the list of characters I like.

This was especially true because Tharja kept showing up multiple times when I just wanted one Leo.

21 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

already casting my hex

Well I don't really have any great hatred for any FE characters except Niles,  so there is not realy much fear too attract. I did in another mobile game have a character i seriously did not like, but i eventually wounded up having him anyway (i was speechless).