Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Iris said:

Hm, with regards to the Voting Gauntlet, Lucina's odds of winning are very high. I'm going to be Team Eirika, though, unless you need the units.

On a pure popularity basis, this is what I expect to go down:
Round 1: Chrom vs. Alfonse - Chrom wins pretty easily, I assume. You're pitting his expy against the real deal.
Round 2: Ephraim vs. Leo - I'll give it to Leo because of recency bias, but I hope I'm wrong, although I do like them both. I can see it going either way, though.
> Chrom vs. Ephraim/Leo: Chrom isn't the brightest fellow, so I really hope Ephraim or Leo take it, but he is more popular/known. Hoping for an upset!
Round 3: Lucina vs. Shareena - Lucina should win, hands down.
Round 4: Eirika vs. Elise - Giving it to Elise, but I'd like to think Eirika would win, especially considering she did better than Elise in the polls, but at the same time there's recency bias and not everyone has played Sacred Stones. . . Eirika is actually disadvantaged here when you think about it, because although she got more votes than Elise, compared to the front runner from Fates, she's nothing.
> Lucina vs. Eirika/Elise - Lucina.
> Whoever vs. Lucina - lol, you need to ask?

If only this was a larger bracket! Then we could host March Madness: FE Edition~

Keep in mind that in order to vote, you need to win first, and you need to use your team leader if you want those bonus points. So good luck to team Elise, it's not going to be easy for them. Also, Ephraim and Eirika performed much better than Leo and Elise on the popularity poll, so recency bias isn't going to save them. (Especially since long time Japanese fans are also participating in this)

Edited by Korath88

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 hours ago, Elieson said:

The question isn't "How close will Lucina v Sharena be"

The question is

will anybody join Alfonse's Army?

Me! I'll join team Alfonse because he's da bess of bess.

I wnted to join Chrom's but my Chrom is pretty shitty with +Res -Def. And Alfonse is lv 40 4* sooo

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

I wonder if Al will beat Chrom though, because people may not have Chrom that want to vote for him!

The Lance Wars might be as heated as the Waifu Wars coming up :X

Which is why we all simply should welcome Sharena as our new overlordlady.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why we all simply should welcome Sharena as our new overlordlady.

Both you and I know Anna is the supreme Overlady

As long as Sharena can knock out lucina early, team Ephraim has the win in the bag! 

Edited by Arcanite

Well, I'll be on Team Lucina I guess (I have a Lucina, I have none of the others and Al/Sharena are free mainstream trash (I know Sharena is a good unit, but I want nothing to do with that lame story nonsense)), but I don't see a victory as inevitable as some might think. Yes, If we go by popularity, Lucina should win, but if I understood correctly, you also need to actually win, which a lot of folks probably aren't properly able to, yet. But what do I know. At least we will get more to do, my March quests are already gone.

Edit addendum: I'm also not familarized with the team comp thingy (3vs3, you, a friends unit and random bloke) and that alone should favor Sharena and Ephraim, since you would have to use the leader unit for more points. I don't see how Lucina is supposed to win against Sharena and/or Ephraim and I can't tell if the way teams are decided will be in any way balanced or fair. We'll see.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Princes vs Princesses? And one of them is Lucina?

Welp, we know who's going to win. :/

Even so, I'm rallying behind Ephraim! Sorry, Sharena, but you're up if he loses! (and if she loses, I guess Elise... And if all of them lose, well, that'll be it. I don't wish to support any of the others)

And looks like I'll get 5 star Freddy sooner than I thought! That log-in bonus now leaves me at just under 5000 feathers to go!

Same here. Ephraim deserves some more attention.

2 minutes ago, Canas said:

Same here. Ephraim deserves some more attention.

YES. Ephraim is my second favorite lord after Ike. I think he's a badass and I like that he wields a lance instead of a sword and that he doesn't have blue hair. Ephraim's hair color isn't far from blue, but it's still more on the green side of the spectrum. Compare it to Eirika's and you'll see her hair is more blue while Ephraim's is more green.

2 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Team Marth for me :D: (Is there one actually ? Since it's Prince Marth?)

The Hero-King must expunge the affront he suffered in the poll.

Marth isn't an option, but join team Ephraim because we da best music.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm surprised Marth isn't an option. I mean, he's popular and the face of FE. :/

Don't know if you realize but it's Chrome and LUCINA. Leo and elise. Shareena and Alphonse. Ephraim and Eirika. I'm not sure who he would go with and he wouldn't fit into prince/princess because he is a hero-king

Edited by Arcanite

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Don't know if you realize but it's Chrome and Lissa. Leo and elise. Shareena and Alphonse. Ephraim and Eirika. I'm not sure who he would go with and he wouldn't fit into prince/princess because he is a hero-king

Oh. Siblings... Well, if Elice was in the game then, Marth probably would've been in this. I'm honestly getting bored of the sibling theme.

Also, he's Chrom, not a Google browser. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Iris said:

You have to have the character to vote for them? That's lame. Guess I'll be voting with Lucina.

You need to have the character to get bonus points in battles, as I understand. You don't need to have the character to vote.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Siblings... Well, if Elice was in the game then, Marth probably would've been in this. I'm honestly getting bored of the sibling theme.

Also, he's Chrom, not a Google browser. :P

Lol google chrom for all your fire emblem needs!

Just now, Iris said:

You have to have the character to vote for them? That's lame. Guess I'll be voting with Lucina.

No you dont. If you have them you get bonus points but you can still do other people!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

No you dont. If you have them you get bonus points but you can still do other people!

Yeah, I doubt nearly many people would actually be able to participate outside of doing Alfonse or Sharena if we had to have the character to vote for them. Not everyone was lucky enough to draw these characters. I know I don't have any of them (besides Alfonse and Sharena, of course).

Wait, actually, I do have Lissa. But she's the only one.

Edited by Anacybele

This is why I'm interested to see how leaders change come event start. I'm hoping everyone doesn't just set their team character as their first...but it does help those who haven't pulled them.

I for one do not look forward to a potential 3x Ephraim/Sharena vs Hector match.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I doubt nearly many people would actually be able to participate outside of doing Alfonse or Sharena if we had to have the character to vote for them. Not everyone was lucky enough to draw these characters. I know I don't have any of them (besides Alfonse and Sharena, of course).

Wait, actually, I do have Lissa. But she's the only one.

Oh poop. In my previous post I said chrom and lissa, it's actually chrom and Lucina. So you are just like me. Stuck with 2 people. I'm still going team Ephraim though

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh poop. In my previous post I said chrom and lissa, it's actually chrom and Lucina. So you are just like me. Stuck with 2 people. I'm still going team Ephraim though

Well, it's still pairs of royals that are related. :P Then yeah, I don't have any of the characters in this little contest outside of the original ones. And yeah, I'm still going team Ephraim too. Badass lance lord ftw!

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lol google chrom for all your fire emblem needs!

Why has no one made a sprite-based Chrom mascot attachment for Google Chrome...I need this in my life...

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Don't know if you realize but it's Chrome and LUCINA. Leo and elise. Shareena and Alphonse. Ephraim and Eirika. I'm not sure who he would go with and he wouldn't fit into prince/princess because he is a hero-king

Lucina isn't technically a princess though, so she shouldn't even be eligible... Her world kind of blew up and there's no Ylissean monarchy in her time. Baby Lucina is technically the princess in the current time. I know, I know, splitting hairs and whatnot. Seliph is only technically a duke even because Chalphy no longer really exists in his time too, etc. Just had to bring it up, lol.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Marth would be at a disadvantage in that case, with a healer while everyone else gets a damage dealer on their side. Poor Marth would be the underdog. :lol:

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well, it's still pairs of royals that are related. :P Then yeah, I don't have any of the characters in this little contest outside of the original ones. And yeah, I'm still going team Ephraim too. Badass lance lord ftw!

Same, gotta get a lancer the win. 

12 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Seliph is only technically a duke even because Chalphy no longer really exists in his time too, etc. Just had to bring it up, lol.

Seliph is the emperor after all. The duke of Chalphy is a certain moustachioed gentleman.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Seliph is the emperor after all. The duke of Chalphy is a certain moustachioed gentleman.

I don't think the Seliph in Heroes is post-game Seliph, considering he talks about how scared he is of living up to other peoples' expectations of him, and how much he still wants to be like his father. I think Kiran plucked Seliph right out from the middle of the game...which is a scary thought. Who's left leading those armies?

15 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I don't think the Seliph in Heroes is post-game Seliph, considering he talks about how scared he is of living up to other peoples' expectations of him, and how much he still wants to be like his father. I think Kiran plucked Seliph right out from the middle of the game...which is a scary thought. Who's left leading those armies?

...This is similar to how I'm going to write Ike's son in one of my fics. I mean, Ike is pretty damn famous and did some crazy shit in Tellius, and though his son doesn't want to be some big hero or general that defeats a king or goddess or anything, he still wants to be as great a mercenary as Ike was. Much of his insecurity comes from people telling him he could aim to be a general or something like Ike had done, and it makes him feel like if he did any less, he'd not live up to his father's legacy or anything. I'd probably feel insecure and scared too. But now I wonder if this character would feel different from others in the series in any way. I mean, I didn't think I could make him as unique as Ike or anything, but...

Back on topic, I feel like some characters were plucked from the middle of their games while I feel others are post-game versions.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Marth isn't an option, but join team Ephraim because we da best music.

Come on. Are they serious ? I don't know, I'd rather go for Lucina instead. Not that I prefer her, but someone with blue hair, Anri's blood and wielding the Falchion has to win. Sorry incestuous twins

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt