Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The thing is though, at higher level arena the teams become far less diverse because only so many characters have a BST that high. I get roughly 650-660 points per win, and once you're there you basically never run into Takumi anymore. But every team has AT LEAST one Hector. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to miss the days when Takumi was the main thing in Arena...

Maybe that's the reason I don't see 3-4 Takumi teams anymore.  Baby Tiki takes out Hector pretty well for me.  I hate to have to change my team up again, once the Bonus characters change.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe that's the reason I don't see 3-4 Takumi teams anymore.  Baby Tiki takes out Hector pretty well for me.  I hate to have to change my team up again, once the Bonus characters change.

I did happen to summon Reinhardt, so I'll be able to get the bonus but...his BST is so absurdly low that I have 4*s at a higher BST than he is at 5* lvl 40. I'm not sure I'll be able to score well with him on my team :/ (also lucky! I could really use a baby Tiki for Hectors. Ryoma deals with one Hector well enough, but I've lost some streaks to teams with multiple Hectors bc Ryoma doesn't have the HP/Def to tank and kill more than one Hector per match)

I've been having a lot of fun using Catria for the bonus, but it's annoying how she drags my team's score down since she's only 4*. I could save feathers to upgrade her to 5*, but it seems like it could be a waste since it's possible to get her as a 5* naturally and I could use those feathers to get a 5* that's only available that way like Sharena or Olivia instead.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've been having a lot of fun using Catria for the bonus, but it's annoying how she drags my team's score down since she's only 4*. I could save feathers to upgrade her to 5*, but it seems like it could be a waste since it's possible to get her as a 5* naturally and I could use those feathers to get a 5* that's only available that way like Sharena or Olivia instead.

If she has a decent boon/bane I wouldn't consider the upgrade a waste because you could always merge any duplicates you pull in the future. So really it just depends on what your team needs atm. If you don't have any other strong blues I'd consider Catria a pretty prime choice.

Hector's no big deal to me when I have Freddy and Palla. They wreck the heck out of him. Freddy's got a hammer and Palla has a Ruby Sword (increased damage when against green units like Hector), lots of attack and triggers her offensive skill every other turn.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

The thing is though, at higher level arena the teams become far less diverse because only so many characters have a BST that high. I get roughly 650-660 points per win, and once you're there you basically never run into Takumi anymore. But every team has AT LEAST one Hector. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to miss the days when Takumi was the main thing in Arena...

Yeah it is awfully annoying running into Hectors everywhere. Literally every advanced player has Hector. Lyn is kinda risky facing him, she one rounds him at defiant atk but Hectors hit her for less than half hp which places her in kp range. She counters and then wrecks him next phase, else Klein Glacies him.

= EDIT =

At the moment, I'm not striving for high arena ranks because it is a tiresome process. I play with bonus units and change them a round or two to have fun and not run into generic formula teams to maximize points.

Edited by Quintessence
Extra comments

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If she has a decent boon/bane I wouldn't consider the upgrade a waste because you could always merge any duplicates you pull in the future. So really it just depends on what your team needs atm. If you don't have any other strong blues I'd consider Catria a pretty prime choice.

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad. I do have m!Robin, but I like having a second blue for fighting all the reds. I'll have to see what my team needs by the time I can get another 10k feathers, though. I've been trying to fit Hector in for the higher rating, but I've had trouble making teams with him that can maintain a deathless record.

The last chapter in Lunatic is a real pain. Really... What's with these stats ? It's stupiditly too high ! Needed some Light's Blessings to finish it, since the enemy units blocked me.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad. I do have m!Robin, but I like having a second blue for fighting all the reds. I'll have to see what my team needs by the time I can get another 10k feathers, though. I've been trying to fit Hector in for the higher rating, but I've had trouble making teams with him that can maintain a deathless record.

Olivia/Azura plus a strong red unit make a good team for Hector. Throw an extra filler unit and be cautious on the offense.

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

So i promoted Nino to 5* yesterday and I've been levelling her up (she's 39 now)

Tenth Stratum has never been so easy

It's so stupid how good Nino is. I can give you an example. I trained 4* Palla from 1 to 23~ in a whole day, having trouble with her squishiness and blue units. I trained 4* Nino from 1 to 26 like in 30 minutes non stop with Gronnblade and Serra, getting a bunch of lv ups per stratum. On the contrary I did the same with Odin and he was a bit slower.

Just now, Quintessence said:

Olivia/Azura plus a strong red unit make a good team for Hector. Throw an extra filler unit and be cautious on the offense.

It's so stupid how good Nino is. I can give you an example. I trained 4* Palla from 1 to 23~ in a whole day, having trouble with her squishiness and blue units. I trained 4* Nino from 1 to 26 like in 30 minutes non stop with Gronnblade and Serra, getting a bunch of lv ups per stratum. On the contrary I did the same with Odin and he was a bit slower.

No joke. Occasionally even Ryoma and Takumi has trouble with 10th stratum if the terrain fucks them over, unless I get literally all green for Ryoma to shit on. Nino? 55x2 that shit. All the time.

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

No joke. Occasionally even Ryoma and Takumi has trouble with 10th stratum if the terrain fucks them over, unless I get literally all green for Ryoma to shit on. Nino? 55x2 that shit. All the time.

You're really tempting me to pull the trigger on promoting my +Spd Nino.

Playing 10th Stratum is also making me dread when the Skill Inheritance gets added to Arena, since Skills seem to play no part in the matchmaking, only stat totals.

Speaking of Tenth Stratum

What the hell is this. Arena matchmaking is realy fair in comparison to this. 

It didnt help Lucina was just level 36 and I was trying to train her up. I had to ise a lights blessing but I stillanaged to beat this.

Edited by Nathair

Yea, the training strata tend to get more unfair the higher you go. Your 4* Nowi and my 4* Nowi are the same level and should be almost evenly matched right? Nope. Training stratum's Nowi has somehow unlocked the 5* weapon and has OP skills to help her out. Sometimes the lunatic training stratum also gives units some physically impossible stats. Training stratum does not play fair.  

43 minutes ago, Nathair said:

Speaking of Tenth StratumScreenshot_2017-03-04-09-57-08.thumb.png.25b9e3193eeb1d7be1210957238b9b69.png

What the hell is this. Arena matchmaking is realy fair in comparison to this. 

It didnt help Lucina was just level 36 and I was trying to train her up. I had to ise a lights blessing but I stillanaged to beat this.

I'll rather fight 3 Takumis...

3 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I wouldn't mind a one free summon a day system. 

I wouldn't mind either, but that's a bit too generous, considering one summon costs 5 orbs, and the quests generally give you only 1-3 orbs...

2 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I wouldn't mind either, but that's a bit too generous, considering one summon costs 5 orbs, and the quests generally give you only 1-3 orbs...

Yeah but still IS and Nitendo are stingy with orbs. I play tales of links and I can get like 150 or 160 orbs by just playing the game events and story mode. Than again I don't pull a lot in Links

6 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Yeah, I've thought about that. I don't have Azura, but I have a 4* Olivia, which is a further complication for the whole Catria thing because to use Olivia in the Arena, I'd want to upgrade her to 5* first.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I've thought about that. I don't have Azura, but I have a 4* Olivia, which is a further complication for the whole Catria thing because to use Olivia in the Arena, I'd want to upgrade her to 5* first.

Upgrade Olivia to five star? Not necessary. People use level 27 3 star Olivias in the arena and still get the point across pretty well. You don't need to worry about that. Unless you want to buff up your arena score too, but even then you probably have way better units to 5 star than Olivia. I also have a 4 star Catria and my scores are pretty icky and I also have 20,000 feathers sitting there. Using them on Catria doesn't make sense because she won't be a bonus character for long, unless you want her to have a permanent spot on your team but with Takumi and Klein running around like maniacs you're just better off going with T̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶E̶p̶h̶r̶a̶i̶m̶ Sharena as an upgrade.

Spoiler

Join team Ephraim

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Upgrade Olivia to five star? Not necessary. People use level 27 3 star Olivias in the arena and still get the point across pretty well. You don't need to worry about that. Unless you want to buff up your arena score too, but even then you probably have way better units to 5 star than Olivia. I also have a 4 star Catria and my scores are pretty icky and I also have 20,000 feathers sitting there. Using them on Catria doesn't make sense because she won't be a bonus character for long, unless you want her to have a permanent spot on your team but with Takumi and Klein running around like maniacs you're just better off going with T̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶E̶p̶h̶r̶a̶i̶m̶ Sharena as an upgrade.

Reveal hidden contents

Join team Ephraim

Nah, buffing up my arena score is the whole reason I want Hector so that would be very counterproductive. I already have plenty of good lv40 5*s, just not ones with ratings as high as I'd like. Although I'm not sure what Olivia's rating is, so that might also be counterproductive. As for Catria, I trained her up for the special event but she's been very effective and fun to use, so that's why I've been thinking of upgrading her and adding her permanently. Bows are annoying but I can handle them; m!Robin can take every Takumi the arena can throw at me. Sharena is the other option, but I'll have to see how things look when I actually have the feathers to do it.

52 minutes ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I wouldn't mind a one free summon a day system. I mean like were the Gatcha let you do a free summon. Not like were you have battle Lissa to get her.

Actually I believe they actually do that in Gatcha games like Fire Emblem Heroes. They give one free summoning sessions. At least that's what I've heard.

10 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Actually I believe they actually do that in Gatcha games like Fire Emblem Heroes. They give one free summoning sessions. At least that's what I've heard.

If, big IF, they decide to extend the 2 Orbs a day, and they keep some sort of weekly quest that gives us 6 extra Orbs on Monday, that would give us 20 free Orbs a week, which would be enough for a free Summon a week.  That feels like a fair pace for F2P.  Lack of evidence indicates that we might be going down to zero free Orbs ever, which does not bode well for keeping interest in the game for long.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

If, big IF, they decide to extend the 2 Orbs a day, and they keep some sort of weekly quest that gives us 6 extra Orbs on Monday, that would give us 20 free Orbs a week, which would be enough for a free Summon a week.  That feels like a fair pace for F2P.  Lack of evidence indicates that we might be going down to zero free Orbs ever, which does not bode well for keeping interest in the game for long.

I don't think it's zero free Orbs, but a very small number. It looks like there's one free Orb every week as the Sunday weekend log-in bonus, 9 per month from quests (1 Normal, 3 Hard, 5 Lunatic), and 9 per set of Focus Paralogues every couple of weeks. I think we can count on those to continue for a while, at least as long as we keep getting regular monthly quests and Focuses with new characters appearing in Paralogues.

Edited by Othin