Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think it's zero free Orbs, but a very small number. It looks like there's one free Orb every week as the Sunday weekend log-in bonus, 8 per month from quests (1 Normal, 3 Hard, 5 Lunatic), and 9 per set of Focus Paralogues every couple of weeks. I think we can count on those to continue for a while, at least as long as we keep getting regular monthly quests and Focuses with new characters appearing in Paralogues.

True, but I think going from one free Pull per week to one per month would scare away most of the F2P, since you want to feel like you're getting at least a little bit for your time investment.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You're really tempting me to pull the trigger on promoting my +Spd Nino.

Playing 10th Stratum is also making me dread when the Skill Inheritance gets added to Arena, since Skills seem to play no part in the matchmaking, only stat totals.

Fucking do it man, I think we have the same Nino, she's huge

18 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Fucking do it man, I think we have the same Nino, she's huge

I'll do it once I have the extra 20K feathers, and I find out how the Skill Inheritance works.

I finally decided to spend 20k feathers on upgrading Kagero to 5* (found out her IVs are -HP/+Atk). I'm a little concerned by her low BST for the arena, but I suppose that the chances of me ever reaching the point where her stat totals make a difference on my arena rank are low to begin with.

Thought about promoting Sharena for a long time, but ... I have Azura and I think the advantages of Sharena over Azura are situational (minus the higher base stat total from Sharena).

What I feel about skill inheritance is that each character already has a preset unlockable extra skill that can be assigned with idk what method, probably merging allies with said base skill to unlock it on the other unit. I assume/believe this due that the tower has characters with the base skills plus some other extra skills. So I think we won't distant counter on every unit.

What keeps me worried is that Hector appears with Brash Assault, which will make him more beast than what he is. If this is true he'll be able to do follow-up attacks if HP<=50% and HP>=80%, with all secondary conditions met.

= EDIT =

Actually I don't remember if it was Brash Assault or Desperation.

Edited by Quintessence

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What I feel about skill inheritance is that each character already has a preset unlockable extra skill that can be assigned with idk what method, probably merging allies with said base skill to unlock it on the other unit. I assume/believe this due that the tower has characters with the base skills plus some other extra skills. So I think we won't distant counter on every unit.

What keeps me worried is that Hector appears with Brash Assault, which will make him more beast than what he is. If this is true he'll be able to do follow-up attacks if HP<=50% and HP>=80%, with all secondary conditions met.

= EDIT =

Actually I don't remember if it was Brash Assault or Desperation.

I certainly hope each Unit has a predetermined Skill Pool, like that.  I'm afraid it's just going to be a free-for-all and make Arena a nightmare.  Has there been any new info on how the inheritance is going to work?  I've held off on releasing any of my units until I find out how it works.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

As far as I know, there hasn't been word for how does it work.

At what time does the Gauntlet thingy begin?

March 7, I believe.  I don't think I have any hope of Pulling Leo before then.

The rules on this gauntlet just annoy me.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Don't know if I asked already but, you should join team Ephraim ;). The great prince welcomes one and all who want or do not want to be on his side.

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That's a funny spelling of Sharena.

That's a funny spelling of Ephraim.

Spoiler

Dig deep into your heart and see where your true allegiance lies. Are you going to let some silly little child be your leader? Or are you going to accept leadership under an epic prince that will take the Askr kingdom by storm? If you're a real OG, then you know who to follow.

Edited by Arcanite

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Are you going to let some silly little child be your leader? Or are you going to accept leadership under an epic prince that will take the Askr kingdom by storm?

I will never accept a Leeroy Jenkins as my leader, sorry.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

That's a bit uncalled for, don't you think? Ephraim may rush in a lot, but he doesn't pick fights he can't win :P

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's a bit uncalled for, don't you think? Ephraim may rush in a lot, but he doesn't pick fights he can't win :P

Thanks to the power of plot armour.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks to the power of plot armour.

Alright. He might or might not like to rush in. But we'll see who prevails in the battle of spears, assuming your little peon can make it past round 1. Even after that she still has to fight eirika. You're lucky the triangle is in your favor, otherwise Lucina would crush your hopes and dreams.

Spoiler

Im definitely getting too into this.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I have a 5* Leo with +Atk. Don't worry, I shall fight in your name and your kid's name and win!

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I have a 5* Leo with +Atk. Don't worry, I shall fight in your name and your kid's name and win!

Heh you wish. I know you're fighting for someone else but let's be serious here. You know it, I know it, the people reading this know it, even they know it, Leo isn't going to survive round 1.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh you wish. I know you're fighting for someone else but let's be serious here. You know it, I know it, the people reading this know it, even they know it, Leo isn't going to survive round 1.

From a gameplay point of view, he has a better a chance actually. Especially considering Leo has been available for more time than Ephraim, so it's probable that more people has Leo than Ephraim. Besides Leo is a better unit than Ephraim, and specializes in destroying entire teams in a single attack.

11 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

From a gameplay point of view, he has a better a chance actually. Especially considering Leo has been available for more time than Ephraim, so it's probable that more people has Leo than Ephraim. Besides Leo is a better unit than Ephraim, and specializes in destroying entire teams in a single attack.

Alright, just going to stop you right there. The only way Leo can "destroy an entire team in 1 Attack" is to charge up a 5 turn special. Meanwhile, Ephraim has much more utility on a team due to being a blue unit. Not to mention, my +spd Ephraim ORKOs any Leo that isn't +spd as well.

Also, being a day 1 unit means nothing at all if he was never a focus unit. I've seen almost 10x more Ephraims in the arena than Leos 

Edited by Korath88

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Only if he even has the time to get gale force. But if Ephraim can get seal or threaten defense on Leo it is beyond over. Not to mention even though Leo has been available from the beginning, he has never been a focus so between that and whales there are probably WAAAY more Ephraims out there. Leo is a good unit but he cannot defeat the rampaging destruction of the prince.

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Don't know if I asked already but, you should join team Ephraim ;). The great prince welcomes one and all who want or do not want to be on his side.

I don't have Ephraim, either. :/

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

This is glorious. 

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Godspeed to you.

58 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Leo suffers from not having been a Focus character.  I know of only like 3 people who actually have him.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Leo suffers from not having been a Focus character.  I know of only like 3 people who actually have him.

Seriously? I ran into far more Leos in the arena. I barely see any Ephraims at all.

>Was playing around in the Arena with Fliers team

>Met Olivia in the forest map with Tharja

>Rekted by Tharja buffed with Eirika in merely 2 turns.

I guess I'll raise my 2* Olivia.

I only recently found out about boons and banes on units, so didn't know to check them at level 1. Is there a way to find out boons and banes on a unit past that? The calculator only seems to have level 1 stats and then some level 40 stats. I want to find out which of my units are worth continuing with for those I have repeats of v.v