Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

How do you guys think Karel will compare to Lyn?

Karel seems a bit better. I have Lyn, and she's my baby girl and all that but she's a bit of a wiff. Her resistance is absolutely absurd though (for a sword user of course). Not sure about karels stats but his skills are way more retarded than Lyn's. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Guess it's time to whip out that wallet, huh? I only have 1 lonely orb before I do the prologues and other quests. Oh well, I smell.

Nah, Leo made me break bank, but I don't like any of these guys enough to spend a ton on them.  Maybe we'll get lucky and have an unexpected source of Orbs.  I've just exceeded my sodium intake today, but my free 20 Orbs only got me five 3* duplicate units.

At least the Arena Quests will give me something to do today.

5 minutes ago, Elieson said:

If you don't like using "OP" units, then you're gonna have a hard time doing more challenging things. That's all there is to it. If you enjoy the self-imposed challenge of using your favorites without regard for others because of "reasons", then that's your choice but when an obvious solution exists that can improve your odds and you don't utilize the opportunity because you just really don't feel like it, then there's no real other answer aside from just keep doing what you're doing. You -had- Effie, one of the most durable units in the game, and sent her out for feathers because you wanted to. 

Lissa should have self-heal too. Not cuonting Sol-users of course.

...I said I don't HAVE any of those units, not that I "don't like" using them. Though I wouldn't use Lyn or Roy anyway (they're getting trashed if I ever pull them). I'd be fine with Marth and Takumi though. But as I said I DON'T HAVE THEM. I'm also not simply using favorite units. Yes, Frederick and Sharena are my favorites out of what I do have, but I hate Jagen right now and I'm entirely neutral to Palla. Plus, I took out Sharena for Jagen in that three unit team.

I still don't believe Effie would've been any good to me anyway.

No, my Lissa doesn't have that. Must only be a 4 star and above thing.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

How do you guys think Karel will compare to Lyn?

Too soon to tell without knowing stats, but looking at skills alone he seems to have promise. His kit is actually an incredibly cohesive one, with all the skills playing off of each other. From what I can tell, once you get him down to below 50% HP he'll just go around ORKOing everyone (but again, this depends heavily on stats, which we don't know yet). 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Renewal is a 3⋆+ passive skill.

I just checked, only Renewal 1 is, and it only triggers every four turns. Lissa requires an upgrade to get the better ones and I don't want to upgrade her. Especially if I end up with a better healer in the future. Which I probably will, she stinks.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I just checked, only Renewal 1 is, and it only triggers every four turns. Lissa requires an upgrade to get the better ones and I don't want to upgrade her. Especially if I end up with a better healer in the future. Which I probably will, she stinks.

Until she gets access to Rehabilitate at 4⋆ she's not spectacular indeed. But after that she does wonders if you need a healer.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I said I don't HAVE any of those units, not that I "don't like" using them. Though I wouldn't use Lyn or Roy anyway (they're getting trashed if I ever pull them). I'd be fine with Marth and Takumi though. But as I said I DON'T HAVE THEM. I'm also not simply using favorite units. Yes, Frederick and Sharena are my favorites out of what I do have, but I hate Jagen right now and I'm entirely neutral to Palla. Plus, I took out Sharena for Jagen in that three unit team.

I still don't believe Effie would've been any good to me anyway.

No, my Lissa doesn't have that. Must only be a 4 star and above thing.

If you don't mind me asking, why not Lyn or Roy? Do you simply not like them as characters (and if so, then that's understandable, you obviously don't need to use them if you don't want to)? Because if that's not it, then I'd definitely recommend them over Palla because as good as Palla is, she isn't on the same level as Lyn or Roy (but this is a moot point if you don't ever pull them, of course).

Effie is widely regarded as one of the most OP units in the game, but if you don't like her, then that's that.

Also, Lissa should be able to learn Renewal at 3 stars (which heals 10 HP every 4th turn). As your rarity increases, you unlock higher levels of Renewal until you get Renewal 3 (which heals 10 HP every other turn and is what Fae has). Lucina and Chrom have Falchion, which is a weapon with Renewal 2 (every third turn) built in. 

EDIT: Ninja'd (about Lissa) :/

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Until she gets access to Rehabilitate at 4⋆ she's not spectacular indeed. But after that she does wonders if you need a healer.

Sorry, but I seriously doubt that.

I think I'll go get Donnel. I've had a hard time beating him, as he seems fairly tanky. And I like him too.

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you don't mind me asking, why not Lyn or Roy? Do you simply not like them as characters (and if so, then that's understandable, you obviously don't need to use them if you don't want to)? Because if that's not it, then I'd definitely recommend them over Palla because as good as Palla is, she isn't on the same level as Lyn or Roy (but this is a moot point if you don't ever pull them, of course).

Don't like them, nope. Especially Lyn, she's very boring to me and I won't ever understand why she's popular (other than being the "first lord" for some people. Nostalgia is a thing). I'm also sick of Elibe in this game right now.

Thinking of pulling from the Michalis battle banner. I'm not going to get anywhere if I don't get some more 5 star units and I definitely will not pull from the current one.

So my thoughts on the focus. Blazing Blade is awesome and I'm happy about it. Onto the characters:

1. Ninian seems already broken, looks to have decent atk and spd, provides def buff upon attacking and dance utility. Fortify Dragon makes me think there will be a dragon quest in the future.

2. Karel looks pretty good due to Wo Dao, Defiant Atk and Desperation. He's basically Lyn without Galeforce but with better Desperation. I still prefer Lyn's help with Spur Spd but would totally want to pull Karel. At low hp he'll be deadly.

3. Lucius, kinda a shame he isn't a mage but oh well, at least he's in the game. The combo of Pain, Martyr, Miracle and Hp+ look pretty good. Apparently he has high spd and res, avoiding frequent doubles and would be useful at tanking manaketes and strong mages. I don't agree with the common conception that rehabilitate is automatically superior than martyr as they work the same under different conditions, and it doesn't strictly require the martyr user to face combat/dmg, as there are skills like Reciprocal Aid that exchange hp with the target, meaning you can auto heal your RA user and giving low HP to martyr user. I've done this trick with Setsuna and Azama and it does wonders. Also, Lucius's utility looks good with pain, he doesn't strictly need high atk to be useful. Instead I think a +HP -Atk is the ideal nature for him, followed by positive defenses.

4. Priscilla is basically sakura 2.0 but with Rehabilitate plus extra move. Nice stuff with Spur Def and Still-Water Balm to enhance defenses. Plus panic utility is welcome on enemies with defiants and hone/fortify stats.

5. Rebecca with Darting Blow seems pretty nice, but it's a shame she's stuck with Silver Bow. Seal Atk is pretty good to cripple enemies. Not bad.

6. Jaffar looks deadly, with a dancer he can proc glimmer at first turn with enemies he can double. I want to pull him so badly, dayum.

Did 2 sessions and got zero new units, just selena, saizo and laslow for new units. Might train him for fun and giggles.

Calling right now that next new focus will bring Sumia, Vaike, Miriel, Maribelle, Ricken and Libra, cuz we need more healers!

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Though I wouldn't use Lyn or Roy anyway (they're getting trashed if I ever pull them).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Don't like them, nope. Especially Lyn, she's very boring to me and I won't ever understand why she's popular (other than being the "first lord" for some people. Nostalgia is a thing). I'm also sick of Elibe in this game right now.

Lyn isn't great but geez Louise. Is this salt From smash bros. or do you have a seething hatred for blazing sword (Ha, get it? Seething hatred? Blazing sword? Zinger!)

I never played binding or blazing but I want to try just to see if she is as epic as I think she is. They could've done a lot better with Roy in this game. That triangle adept also makes him a bit of a wiff.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lyn isn't great but geez Louise. Is this salt From smash bros. or do you have a seething hatred for blazing sword (Ha, get it? Seething hatred? Blazing sword? Zinger!)

I never played binding or blazing but I want to try just to see if she is as epic as I think she is. They could've done a lot better with Roy in this game. That triangle adept also makes him a bit of a wiff.

Uh, no, Lyn's not playable in Smash? I don't like FE7 and think it's a bad game, no, but I don't HATE it. This game is sure making me want to hate it though. Also, Lyn's not that great in her own game, actually. She doesn't do much damage and she's fragile. She also ends up getting a sword that slows her down and speed is her best thing.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Uh, no, Lyn's not playable in Smash? Also, Lyn's not that great in her own game, actually. She doesn't do much damage and she's fragile. She also ends up getting a sword that slows her down and speed is her best thing.

I think she's an assist trophy or something in brawl or smash 4

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Lyn is pretty decent at first but not omgwtfbbq amazing until lategame (at least in my experience). But HECTOR on the other hand is just as goddamn OP in Blazing as he is in Heroes. 

Also, as someone who's also played Binding, it's oddly fitting that Roy's arguably the worst of the main sword lords in Heroes. Because until Roy gets his signature sword (which is suuuuper lategame), he's...well...complete and utter garbage. I still love him as a character, but man is Roy possibly the weakest main lord I've ever played as. Roy's still my boy though. 

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I think she's an assist trophy or something in brawl or smash 4

She's an assist in both, but why does that matter? You still can't play as her and her voice there is pretty bad too, imo. Others seem to agree with this as well.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She's an assist in both, but why does that matter? You still can't play as her and her voice there is pretty bad too, imo. Others seem to agree with this as well.

She's basically a ninja in her assist trophy. She just teleports and slices you up. It looks pretty flipping awesome, and if you're a noob at smash bros (Like me in brawl) she'll probably smack you (me) up a few times. That's why I was making that joke about Roy and Lyn. I guess it was too elaborate or something if I had to do all this explaining huh?

10 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Lyn is pretty decent at first but not omgwtfbbq amazing until lategame (at least in my experience). But HECTOR on the other hand is just as goddamn OP in Blazing as he is in Heroes. 

Also, as someone who's also played Binding, it's oddly fitting that Roy's arguably the worst of the main sword lords in Heroes. Because until Roy gets his signature sword (which is suuuuper lategame), he's...well...complete and utter garbage. I still love him as a character, but man is Roy possibly the weakest main lord I've ever played as. Roy's still my boy though. 

Sheesh. Someone said Roy may as well have been a paraplegic but thus sounds terrible. I'm probably not gonna give it a try cause I still have nightmares of Eirika dying to spear users. At the very least Ephraim was able to do something good every once in a while. Anywho, back on the topic of FE Heroes

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just take off triangle adept on my units or refuse to equip them with the Ruby Sword etc 

Not worth it to me

Yeah they gave sanaki t-adept which was a waste honestly. Oh well. At least I know I won't be wasting anything if I replace it with death blow, giggity.

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

She's basically a ninja in her assist trophy. She just teleports and slices you up. It looks pretty flipping awesome, and if you're a noon at smash bros (Like me in brawl) she'll probably smack you (me) up a few times. That's why I was making that joke about Roy and Lyn. I guess it was too elaborate or something if I had to do all this explaining huh?

People like her just for that? (well, not all her fans, of course, just some) I never thought it was anything special at all.

I decided to give Virion some more levels since he might be handy for the Michalis map. If it's going to be a bunch of fliers, then archers really will be good.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People like her just for that? (well, not all her fans, of course, just some) I never thought it was anything special at all.

I decided to give Virion some more levels since he might be handy for the Michalis map. If it's going to be a bunch of fliers, then archers really will be good.

It'll be good for the other fliers there, probably, but not for Michaelis himself. He has a unique ability called Iote's Shield that negates flyer weaknesses (so he's a flyer that isn't weak to archers).

Just going to point out, Roy in FE6 is only really bad during the midgame (around Chapter 13-14 is where he starts to fall apart).  He's perfectly serviceable early in the game, there are plenty of axes and Cavs are easily chipped/killed by the rapier.  For the lategame, he gets absolutely massive promotion boosts and a great personal weapon, so he's not useless there either.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It'll be good for the other fliers there, probably, but not for Michaelis himself. He has a unique ability called Iote's Shield that negates flyer weaknesses (so he's a flyer that isn't weak to archers).

Duh, that was mentioned earlier. I'm well aware.

Edited by Anacybele