Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

If you haven't trained up your skill fodder, now would be a good time to do it. Already have dragon fang on corrin and sophia, brash assault on bartre, swordbreaker on sully and currently working on getting threaten spd 3 on Selena.

I'm going to wait and see if that's really necessary. Because if it is, I'll probably not bother with it for a lot of unit. (my plan to give Raudhrraven+ to Sanaki would require me to get Henry to 5* and there's no way I'm going to use 20000 feathers just for a skill fodder)

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm going to wait and see if that's really necessary. Because if it is, I'll probably not bother with it for a lot of unit. (my plan to give Raudhrraven+ to Sanaki would require me to get Henry to 5* and there's no way I'm going to use 20000 feathers just for a skill fodder)

You're giving Raven to sanaki? She'll lose her monstrous attack. But I guess she'll be the female, red version of MRobin.

4 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I actually did the lunatic armor mission, holy jeez.

I want to know who you did it with. Just for kicks.

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Waiting to see if ceclia can inherit nino's weapon. Will start wrecking things with Hone cav/ Fortify Cav.

She most likely can. I've been thinking of doing something like that with Ursula and Odin's Blarblade. She could use it so much better than he could, since she can benefit from the Cav Boosts, so I can keep Clarine (or maybe Priscilla, if I ever pull her) around and have her heal and debuff.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I actually did the lunatic armor mission, holy jeez.

And afterward the game took forever to give me the reward for doing it. I guess even the game had trouble imagining anyone bothered to do that mission.

You poor fellow (unless you have Hector and/or Effie, in which case I'm jealous). At least you got the reward, yeah? And you can say you cleared all the March quests, yeah?

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I don't think that's actually going to be necessary, or at least I haven't seen anything saying it is. I'm hoping not, I wanna give my Brave Sword Hana Escutcheon and/or Moonbow and don't want to train up Odin / whichever of my units has Escutcheon that I'm not going to use ever.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You're giving Raven to sanaki? She'll lose her monstrous attack. But I guess she'll be the female, red version of MRobin.

Well, she'll have Triangle Adept, which she benefits more from because Raudhrraven gives WTA over two colors. M!Robin doesn't have that.

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I don't think I'm gonna be utilizing skill inheritance too much. Personally, I like leaving the characters the way they are, but if it's too annoying to use them (for example, Roy with Triangle Adept), I will consider. Besides, I don't think I can come up with any cruel skill combos compared to you guys.

I can help you with that, if you want! :Lilina:

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Your mind is still pure. If you take a picture of your units I can take care of that for you

*rubs hands together*

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I can help you with that, if you want! :Lilina:

Knock yourselves out. I might not accept though (in other words, more than likely no)

Screenshot_20170315-214557.thumb.jpg.52a2bed6489b5a60ae14d538d415f3d8.jpg

Edited by Falcom

Just now, Arcanite said:

She lose 3 Atk(which on my Sanaki who has a Atk Boon and +1 Atk from merging, isn't a big deal) for the benefit of OHKO every Green and Grey unit in the game with a +4 Atk boost as long as they're not merged and have neutral HP/Res (and even an aberration like a +HP or + Res 40+10 Takumi with vantage never gets the chance to use vantage because he's 1HKOed). Giving a second Triangle type advantage to a unit with monstrous Atk and Triangle Adept will do that. 

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, she'll have Triangle Adept, which she benefits more from because Raudhrraven gives WTA over two colors. M!Robin doesn't have that.

You could also give triangle adept to robin instead, if you don't mind forgoing defiant speed.

11 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Waiting to see if ceclia can inherit nino's weapon. Will start wrecking things with Hone cav/ Fortify Cav.

She probably will. That's a pretty legit strat, I like this.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Knock yourselves out. I might not accept though.

Screenshot_20170315-214557.thumb.jpg.52a2bed6489b5a60ae14d538d415f3d8.jpg

These are all your good units. You're supposed to use your bad units for inheritance XD. it looks like you don't use Narcian so you can put his savage blow on Lucina. You can also give Cain's Wings of mercy to someone else too. T-adept from Roy on M Robin sounds gangster too.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

She lose 3 Atk(which on my Sanaki who has a Atk Boon and +1 Atk from merging, isn't a big deal) for the benefit of OHKO every Green and Grey unit in the game with a +4 Atk boost as long as they're not merged and have neutral HP/Res (and even an aberration like a +HP or + Res 40+10 Takumi with vantage never gets the chance to use vantage because he's 1HKOed). Giving a second Triangle type advantage to a unit with monstrous Atk and Triangle Adept will do that. 

This is actually imacculate 

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I want to know who you did it with. Just for kicks.

4* Draug(Lv 36 neutral, raised up the free 2* one), Sheena(Lv 39 +Hp, -Def), Effie(Lv 38 +HP, -Atk), and Gwendolyn(Lv 36 +Atk, -HP).

Edited by Robert of Normandy

These are all your good units. You're supposed to use your bad units for inheritance XD. it looks like you don't use Narcian so you can put his savage blow on Lucina. You can also give Cain's Wings of mercy to someone else too. T-adept from Roy on M Robin sounds gangster too.

Yeeah aboout thaat... XD

I don't really have any bad units. Heck my worst unit is a 3* Est that's level 20. Everyone else is that level or beyond (I realize that I have a very bad addiction to this game). Nor do I want to sacrifice any units cause I actually want to collect every unit in the game (which will happen in infinite years). And all the duplicates I get, I send off immediately.

See why I rather not use skill inheritance?

6 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeeah aboout thaat... XD

I don't really have any bad units. Heck my worst unit is a 3* Est that's level 20. Everyone else is that level or beyond (I realize that I have a very bad addiction to this game). Nor do I want to sacrifice any units cause I actually want to collect every unit in the game (which will happen in infinite years). And all the duplicates I get, I send off immediately.

Pretty much the same situation for me. I dismissed my dupes before the skill inheritance was revealed, and can't bring myself to sacrificing anyone anyway.

Bad time to be a collector!

@Robert of Normandy, 7-4 wasn't really difficult. Hana can cower in the corner while the big kids do their things.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Sure! I have Leo and Linde! Also a 4 star Robin. Is just that I would like to have a main character for every weapon/class/color possible, in case future quest or battles need diversity, since... Welp, my main team right now are Takumi, Oboro, Lyn and Leo/Linde, I'm lacking a green unit too.

Then, I will give Anna and Sharena a priority, Alfonse is just because I don't want "to make him feel abandoned". The 3 of them are already a 3 stars units.

PS: I would give my money to Nintendo for a Oboro with Fujin and counter just for the lulz... Or for Innes, I need Innes haha

Late response because life, but if you still wanted recommendations, Linde is a really solid top tier unit (for sure one of the best mages) that I'd highly recommend training up for your team. 

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Pretty much the same situation for me. I dismissed my dupes before the skill inheritance was revealed, and can't bring myself to sacrificing anyone anyway.

Bad time to be a collector!

@Robert of Normandy, 7-4 wasn't really difficult. Hana can cower in the corner while the big kids do their things.

Re roll accounts though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

36 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

4* Draug(Lv 36 neutral, raised up the free 2* one), Sheena(Lv 39 +Hp, -Def), Effie(Lv 38 +HP, -Atk), and Gwendolyn(Lv 36 +Atk, -HP).

Bet that smite was a major key

You think you have enough units to give some of them swap reposition and/or pivot? I seriously want to see this successfully done XD

33 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Yeeah aboout thaat... XD

Get a re roll account. Then you'll end up with a million Lon'qus. Hence the term: vantage wars: Ylisse strikes back.

Spoiler

Get it? Strikes back? Cause it's vantage? Booyah

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bet that smite was a major key

A bit, I think I only used it once though.

Edit: positioning was a major pain, though.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Get a re roll account. Then you'll end up with a million Lon'qus. Hence the term: vantage wars: Ylisse strikes back.

Hide contents

Get it? Strikes back? Cause it's vantage? Booyah

Rerolling accounts. A collector's worst nightmare. In no way am I doing that. Keep your puns with you, I'm never joining the dark side! (and now to regret ever saying that)

So, I've been playing heroes for about a week. Yes, I know, late to the party. I've done pretty well so far, gotten pretty lucky with summons and beat the entire main missions on normal, and all but 9-5 on hard. I've also built quite a strong team, but I find myself in a bit of a conundrum.The screenshot is of my current team. As my profile might suggest, I've always been a big Effie fan, and she is definitely the Keystone of my team. Lucina is a late get and is currently acclimating to my team well, and is very strong. Karel, likewise, is powerful. However, the last slot is my big issue. Cherche was my first true "good get," before Effie, and has been a big part of the team for a while. However, lately, she's been falling behind the others. From what I've heard, she's also considered one of the less powerful axe users, a "D" Tier in most opinions. I like her for her heavy hitting, especially her effectiveness against armored enemies, so I worry about replacing her. I've heard Minerva is better, but she seemed underwhelming when I tried her. Any suggestions on how to replace or improve upon my team?

Screenshot_2017-03-15-22-37-00.png

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Rerolling accounts. A collector's worst nightmare. In no way am I doing that. Keep your puns with you, I'm never joining the dark side! (and now to regret ever saying that)

The force is strong in you. Abandon your collector ways and join the dark side. Your abilities will be exemplified as you continue to channel your passion towards collecting heroes into devious, murderous, and grimy teams of misery and pain.

Spoiler

I tried

1 minute ago, Effies_Home said:

So, I've been playing heroes for about a week. Yes, I know, late to the party. I've done pretty well so far, gotten pretty lucky with summons and beat the entire main missions on normal, and all but 9-5 on hard. I've also built quite a strong team, but I find myself in a bit of a conundrum.The screenshot is of my current team. As my profile might suggest, I've always been a big Effie fan, and she is definitely the Keystone of my team. Lucina is a late get and is currently acclimating to my team well, and is very strong. Karel, likewise, is powerful. However, the last slot is my big issue. Cherche was my first true "good get," before Effie, and has been a big part of the team for a while. However, lately, she's been falling behind the others. From what I've heard, she's also considered one of the less powerful axe users, a "D" Tier in most opinions. I like her for her heavy hitting, especially her effectiveness against armored enemies, so I worry about replacing her. I've heard Minerva is better, but she seemed underwhelming when I tried her. Any suggestions on how to replace or improve upon my team?

You need a magic user. Train up Odin to be your 5 star synthetic. Also forget Cherche. She is Horse Pucky next to that Minerva.

8 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

Minerva is a glass cannon, with high attack and speed, but low defences. My recommended lineup would be Effie, Lucina/Karel (you don't need 2 swords), Minerva and Klein (he's a player phase delete button)

Edited by Korath88

The force is strong in you. Abandon your collector ways and join the dark side. Your abilities will be exemplified as you continue to channel your passion towards collecting heroes into devious, murderous, and grimy teams of misery and pain.

Reveal hidden contents

I tried

You need a magic user. Train up Odin to be your 5 star synthetic. Also forget Cherche. She is Horse Pucky next to that Minerva.

I've been thinking on that. I have my Cecilia in a spot where turning her into a 4* could be beneficial. Odin is another thought, although it will be a mother of a hard time getting him up to a usable level. I would also rather have a "green" hero to round out my team. Having Two Blue could really come back to bite me if I run into a Green-heavy team.

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

Knock yourselves out. I might not accept though.

*Roster Pic*

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Okay, so! Gonna limit myself to suggestions for your main team here (assuming that's your main team in the first 4 slots... also not bothering with whether or not you have units with the skills I'm saying you should give to your 5-Star team, or assuming any boons/banes... Also I only have one of these units so I might not have any idea what I'm talking about here), starting with (spoilered for longness):

Spoiler

Lachesis:
1) GIVE HER PAIN. You have an Azama, so burn him for it. Absorb won't do that much for Lachesis unless she's fighting Knights or some other low-RES unit, so switch it for a better staff.
2) Also, give her Rehabilitate. It's the best staff, and free Lissas had it, so I'm sure you can pluck it off of one of them, assuming you didn't get rid of them.
3) Heavenly Light would be a good choice for your healer, since it heals your whole team instead of just giving a DEF buff. Unless you need the DEF buff, in which case keep Solid-Earth Balm.
4) Poison Strike. I'm sure you have a Matthew lying around (you started with a free one, hope you didn't toss him), so you can push the post-combat damage to 20.
5) I would probably go for Fortify RES rather than Spur RES on Lachesis, primarily for Minerva. Although, if you intend to keep Lachesis just behind your frontliners where only 2-rangers are, I could see keeping Spur instead. You don't have to do this, but I would. Then again I use Nino so...

Minerva:
1) Going a bit out of order here, but starting with the A Slot here. First things first, I would suggest removing Life and Death, and replacing with Fury, to boost Minerva's defenses (might salvage her RES), unless you aren't comfortable with taking 6 damage after every combat. In which case, keep Life and Death, it's a good skill too.
1.5) Of course, if Svalinn Shield can be transferred from Sheena, maybe give her that instead of Life and Death so she can take on archers (read: Takumi) and Merric.
2) Reciprocal Aid, so that when Minerva gets hit she can just steal an ally's HP (I would recommend Lachesis, who shouldn't be seeing combat anyway so she won't miss it) and get back in the fray.
3) For the Special Skill, Holy Vestments isn't a bad choice, but I would go with Glimmer/Noontime/Moonbow. Glimmer gives Minerva even more damage, which can only be good, while Noontime gives Minerva self-healing. Moonbow probably isn't as good as either of those first two, but has a 1-turn cooldown, so it will proc more often than those.

4) For her B Slot, I recommend Escape Route, so that Minerva can run away to Lachesis for healing after she gets hit, or Desperation, so you can get a Brave-style double-attack at low HP.
5) C Slot should change since Minerva's the only flyer on your team, so her Flyer-boosting skill wouldn't help here and Spur DEF 2 wouldn't be as good as a fully-upgraded skill you can inherit. You can easily get Spur DEF 3, since she already has Spur DEF 2 and should be in the middle of combat with your other frontliner Lucina (as opposed to Lachesis, who should really just end her turn next to Minerva/Lucina when possible and thus should get Fortify for full-turn RES boost). Personally, I would recommend Threaten DEF/RES, so that enemies who fail to kill Minerva have to deal with near-guaranteed death by either Minerva/Lucina (for Threaten DEF) or Robin (for Threaten RES: Lachesis could probably do a bit more damage before Pain+Poison Strike after Threaten RES, but I wouldn't rely on her to score kills).

Robin:
1) Blarraven's fine. Bonfire too. For a Command Skill, Give him Ardent Sacrifice. No reason for this, just lets him emergency-backup-heal when Lachesis has to give someone else the bigger healing.
2) For the A Slot, Defiant SPD is alright, but there are better options. Consider Triangle Adept, so Robin can take greater advantage of his Double WTA. See LuxSpes's Sanaki-with-Raudhrraven posts for why this is a good call. Alternatively, Defiant DEF would make Bonfire stronger if you want that instead.

3) Bowbreaker. Makes Robin even better for killing Takumi than he already is. I'm gonna give it to mine.
4) Spur DEF is fine on Robin IMO.

Lucina:
1) Give Lucina Moonbow. With the short cooldown (if she didn't have Falchion, I would suggest giving her a Killing Edge so you can constantly proc Moonbow), Lucina will deal greater damage very often.
2) Also, Pivot. Lets Lucina hide behind Robin when she needs to get away from enemies.
3) For the A Slot, again, Defiant SPD is alright, but I feel Lucina can do better. Give her Armored Blow, so she can better combat physical foes. Alternatively, Defiant DEF could make Lucina survive a bit longer.
4) For the B Slot, give Lucina Brash Assault. Being able to double more things would be pretty good for Lucina, yeah?
5) For the C Slot, Spur ATK is fine, but I would suggest whichever of Threaten DEF/RES wasn't given to Minerva.

So, that's my suggestions for your main team. Sorry that took so long. Hope it helped, in some way.

10 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

*Roster Pic*

I would say that Minerva is good, and you could maybe use my setup up there in the spoiler if you're gonna use her. However, you have a 5-Star Raven, so maybe give him a shot? Sorry, I dunno what you should do here, I only have Nino for a good Green unit (although you have her too, so maybe train her up?). And maybe replace Lucina or Karel with a magic user (I would pick Odin, since the rest of your team wouldn't give Nino the buffs she needs, while Odin can at least get Defiant ATK to buff himself).

Edited by ILikeKirbys

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Minerva is a glass cannon, with high attack and speed, but low defences. My recommended lineup would be Effie, Lyn/Karel (you don't need 2 swords), Minerva and Klein (he's a player phase delete button)

That's a very hard opinion to argue with. Effie, obviously stays on the team, she's such a tough heavy-hitter that erases anything she gets close to. The choice between Karel and Lyn will be difficult... Think I'm leaning more towards the former. Minerva could be good, I think I just need to amp up her skills more. I have heard a great deal about Klein, and that he's second in firepower only to Tsunami (he can be a real pain).

Just now, Effies_Home said:

That's a very hard opinion to argue with. Effie, obviously stays on the team, she's such a tough heavy-hitter that erases anything she gets close to. The choice between Karel and Lyn will be difficult... Think I'm leaning more towards the former. Minerva could be good, I think I just need to amp up her skills more. I have heard a great deal about Klein, and that he's second in firepower only to Tsunami (he can be a real pain).

Karel and Lucina are both good, but I would personally go with Lucina between the two since dragons run all over your team otherwise. Minerva is generally considered a lot better than Cherche, once she gets going, so I would personally recommend her. Lastly, your team as of right now is all physical damage, so I would highly recommend having a mage be your 4th unit. A lot of people are recommending Odin, who is a decent pick. Nino is much stronger than Odin with the right team, but since none of your other 3 characters really support Nino, Odin's probably better in your scenario.

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Okay, so! Gonna limit myself to suggestions for your main team here (assuming that's your main team in the first 4 slots... also not bothering with whether or not you have units with the skills I'm saying you should give to your 5-Star team, or assuming any boons/banes... Also I only have one of these units so I might not have any idea what I'm talking about here), starting with (spoilered for longness):

Hide contents

Lachesis:
1) GIVE HER PAIN. You have an Azama, so burn him for it. Absorb won't do that much for Lachesis unless she's fighting Knights or some other low-RES unit, so switch it for a better staff.
2) Also, give her Rehabilitate. It's the best staff, and free Lissas had it, so I'm sure you can pluck it off of one of them, assuming you didn't get rid of them.
3) Heavenly Light would be a good choice for your healer, since it heals your whole team instead of just giving a DEF buff. Unless you need the DEF buff, in which case keep Solid-Earth Balm.
4) Poison Strike. I'm sure you have a Matthew lying around (you started with a free one, hope you didn't toss him), so you can push the post-combat damage to 20.
5) I would probably go for Fortify RES rather than Spur RES on Lachesis, primarily for Minerva. Although, if you intend to keep Lachesis just behind your frontliners where only 2-rangers are, I could see keeping Spur instead. You don't have to do this, but I would. Then again I use Nino so...

Minerva:
1) Going a bit out of order here, but starting with the A Slot here. First things first, I would suggest removing Life and Death, and replacing with Fury, to boost Minerva's defenses (might salvage her RES), unless you aren't comfortable with taking 6 damage after every combat. In which case, keep Life and Death, it's a good skill too.
1.5) Of course, if Svalinn Shield can be transferred from Sheena, maybe give her that instead of Life and Death so she can take on archers (read: Takumi) and Merric.
2) Reciprocal Aid, so that when Minerva gets hit she can just steal an ally's HP (I would recommend Lachesis, who shouldn't be seeing combat anyway so she won't miss it) and get back in the fray.
3) For the Special Skill, Holy Vestments isn't a bad choice, but I would go with Glimmer/Noontime/Moonbow. Glimmer gives Minerva even more damage, which can only be good, while Noontime gives Minerva self-healing. Moonbow probably isn't as good as either of those first two, but has a 1-turn cooldown, so it will proc more often than those.

4) For her B Slot, I recommend Escape Route, so that Minerva can run away to Lachesis for healing after she gets hit, or Desperation, so you can get a Brave-style double-attack at low HP.
5) C Slot should change since Minerva's the only flyer on your team, so her Flyer-boosting skill wouldn't help here and Spur DEF 2 wouldn't be as good as a fully-upgraded skill you can inherit. You can easily get Spur DEF 3, since she already has Spur DEF 2 and should be in the middle of combat with your other frontliner Lucina (as opposed to Lachesis, who should really just end her turn next to Minerva/Lucina when possible and thus should get Fortify for full-turn RES boost). Personally, I would recommend Threaten DEF/RES, so that enemies who fail to kill Minerva have to deal with near-guaranteed death by either Minerva/Lucina (for Threaten DEF) or Robin (for Threaten RES: Lachesis could probably do a bit more damage before Pain+Poison Strike after Threaten RES, but I wouldn't rely on her to score kills).

Robin:
1) Blarraven's fine. Bonfire too. For a Command Skill, Give him Ardent Sacrifice. No reason for this, just lets him emergency-backup-heal when Lachesis has to give someone else the bigger healing.
2) For the A Slot, Defiant SPD is alright, but there are better options. Consider Triangle Adept, so Robin can take greater advantage of his Double WTA. See LuxSpes's Sanaki-with-Raudhrraven posts for why this is a good call. Alternatively, Defiant DEF would make Bonfire stronger if you want that instead.

3) Bowbreaker. Makes Robin even better for killing Takumi than he already is. I'm gonna give it to mine.
4) Spur DEF is fine on Robin IMO.

Lucina:
1) Give Lucina Moonbow. With the short cooldown (if she didn't have Falchion, I would suggest giving her a Killing Edge so you can constantly proc Moonbow), Lucina will deal greater damage very often.
2) Also, Pivot. Lets Lucina hide behind Robin when she needs to get away from enemies.
3) For the A Slot, again, Defiant SPD is alright, but I feel Lucina can do better. Give her Armored Blow, so she can better combat physical foes. Alternatively, Defiant DEF could make Lucina survive a bit longer.
4) For the B Slot, give Lucina Brash Assault. Being able to double more things would be pretty good for Lucina, yeah?
5) For the C Slot, Spur ATK is fine, but I would suggest whichever of Threaten DEF/RES wasn't given to Minerva.

So, that's my suggestions for your main team. Sorry that took so long. Hope it helped, in some way.

I would say that Minerva is good, and you could maybe use my setup up there in the spoiler if you're gonna use her. However, you have a 5-Star Raven, so maybe give him a shot? Sorry, I dunno what you should do here, I only have Nino for a good Green unit (although you have her too, so maybe train her up?). And maybe replace Lucina or Karel with a magic user (I would pick Odin, since the rest of your team wouldn't give Nino the buffs she needs, while Odin can at least get Defiant ATK to buff himself).

Minerva, I think, is probably my best bet for a green, barring any random 5* Camilla drops. Odin and Mini are two distinct possibilities. I do have a large amount of blue crystals and emblems, so quickly leveling Odin would be possible. Nino would be more difficult, and it would be easier to use Cecilia.

Raven, I tried, didn't like him too much. Can't say why, he just seemed less effective.

5 minutes ago, Effies_Home said:

*I meant Lucina instead of Lyn, as I don't think you have Lyn yet. Unitwise, Lucina is a better unit than Karel, but Karel will be a bonus unit next week, so he can be used then.