Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Olivia is too low level for me to use right now and I'm having a really hard time leveling her up in the tower. You can't dance her since she's a dancer herself and a healer can only do so much. I'm hoping I pull Azura in the future instead since she can be summoned at 5 star, I believe.

You can de-equip Dance on the Olivia you are training, and then you'll be able to use another dancer's Dance on her.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Olivia is too low level for me to use right now and I'm having a really hard time leveling her up in the tower. You can't dance her since she's a dancer herself and a healer can only do so much. I'm hoping I pull Azura in the future instead.

You can get another olivia to dance olivia if you unequip olivia's dance. It's only when dance is present that you can't dance her.

Azura is definitely a better fighter, yes.

Olivia technically do not need to be levelled to be useful, however, if you go really hard on the offensive side. She won't be able to take a hit at a low level, no, but if you just offense so hard the enemies are dead, they can't kill her either. Back when I didn't have all the 40s I have I had a low levelled Olivia (~26) come with me to the arena and yeah, I got less points that way, but it also means your opponents may have a team where the average level is lower than your team and you can score easier wins that way. I would say a 7 streak with less points because of one low-level unit is better than no streak at all.

Also as far as res goes, highest res on my team right now is Olivia, with 23. Nino has 22 (LoD2) and Ryoma has 21. Highest defense is 27, with Ryoma. Occasionally I'll need to tank a very calculated hit , which is why I equipped Jaffar with Fortify Res/Rally Def (doubles as Nino's emergency powerup). I rarely even lose 1 unit these days because I just go hard on the offensive---for example, Kagero has effective on my entire team. I don't take hits from Kagero. I wait for her to come to me without letting her actually hit me, then I go up with Ryoma, dance him, and he'll oneround her without she ever even touching my team. Takumi would give your team a bit of trouble, unfortunately, though I would bait him with Robin in this case and he can probably also finish. Robin can definitely take hits from Takumi. Hopefully you'll get enough bst to eventually see less of him.

Edited by Thor Odinson

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can de-equip Dance on the Olivia you are training, and then you'll be able to use another dancer's Dance on her.

De-dance the dancer to dance the dancer with another dancer.

Spoiler

Call me Bars McFlames

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I get screwed sometimes too (giggity)

But all you can do is keep trying no matter what! Even if you have to use a few dueling crests!

Never surrender! You never know if you can win! Just do some quick maths in ur head as you look at the enemy units. Just be all:

"So and so has ___ defense which means Frederick does ___ damage to them! Holy moly!"

Then be like:

"Frederick dies to _____ but I think _________ can take a hit from them. Lemme see here, __ × .8 = ____. Yay it works!"

I think I've said something like this before......... oh well! Anywho, the damage calculations are pretty simple in this game. Just whip out your calculator you'll be fine!

Ahahaha, holy moly indeed. Although I'd have to agree, those small calculations ahead of time have saved me more times than I can count.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

If possible, I find going on the offensive makes for easier wins than going on the defensive, which is why I keep on recommending Olivia---Sometimes I win by only taking 1 hit or even no hits at all with positioning skills and dancing. And Nino. 

Really? I have a far higher win rate when I play cautious and defensively. Although I'm sure team comps have to do with it a lot. I usually wall off a choke point with Effie and let Julia nuke over the top. I have Azura for that dancer combo, but recently I've only been using her for positioning moving units out of the way of the enemies aggro range.

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

You can get another olivia to dance olivia if you unequip olivia's dance. It's only when dance is present that you can't dance her.

Azura is definitely a better fighter, yes.

Olivia technically do not need to be levelled to be useful, however, if you go really hard on the offensive side. She won't be able to take a hit at a low level, no, but if you just offense so hard the enemies are dead, they can't kill her either. Back when I didn't have all the 40s I have I had a low levelled Olivia (~26) come with me to the arena and yeah, I got less points that way, but it also means your opponents may have a team where the average level is lower than your team and you can score easier wins that way. I would say a 7 streak with less points because of one low-level unit is better than no streak at all.

Also as far as res goes, highest res on my team right now is Olivia, with 23. Nino has 22 (LoD2) and Ryoma has 21. Highest defense is 27, with Ryoma. Occasionally I'll need to tank a very calculated hit , which is why I equipped Jaffar with Fortify Res/Rally Def (doubles as Nino's emergency powerup). I rarely even lose 1 unit these days because I just go hard on the offensive---for example, Kagero has effective on my team. I don't take hits from Kagero. I wait for her to come to me without letting her actually hit me, then I go up with Ryoma, dance him, and he'll oneround her without she ever even touching my team. Takumi would give your team a bit of trouble, unfortunately. Hopefully you'll get enough bst to eventually see less of him.

Takumi doesn't give my team much trouble at all, no idea what you're talking about there. On occasion I run into one that does dish some pain, but more often than not, I handle him just fine. I DO have male Robin with Triangle Adept and a Frederick that barely takes a hit from anything not red and not magic (and even then, he can still tank sword units pretty well too sometimes).

I find going all out offensive is a poor strategy. You risk putting your units in range of units that will annihilate them instead of playing it safe. Trust me, I've tried going all out offensive before, it just ends badly. It's not my style of play, I suppose, as I've always been more of a defensive player (another reason to use a wall like Frederick too).

And true, I could un-equip Olivia's Dance. I don't have a second dancer though, unfortunately. Another reason I hope to pull Azura someday.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

Really? I have a far higher win rate when I play cautious and defensively. Although I'm sure team comps have to do with it a lot. I usually wall off a choke point with Effie and let Julia nuke over the top. I have Azura for that dancer combo, but recently I've only been using her for positioning moving units out of the way of the enemies aggro range.

It really depends on your team composition. Mine is optimized for killing enemy ranged units on enemy phase by baiting them into attacking their counters, then heaping onto whatever is left on player phase. Going on the offensive off the bat will simply get them killed.

If you have an offensive team designed to one-round kill most enemies and can survive one hit on enemy phase, it's perfectly feasible to play offensively, but that requires your team to be built around doing so.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Takumi doesn't give my team much trouble at all, no idea what you're talking about there. On occasion I run into one that does dish some pain, but more often than not, I handle him just fine. I DO have male Robin with Triangle Adept and a Frederick that barely takes a hit from anything not red and not magic.

I find going all out offensive is a poor strategy. You risk putting your units in range of units that will annihilate them instead of playing it safe. Trust me, I've tried going all out offensive before, it just ends badly. It's not my style of play, I suppose, as I've always been more of a defensive player (another reason to use a wall like Frederick too).

Didn't you mention that one Takumi that did 18x2 though

Then I misunderstood, if that's not the norm, apologies

I'm not risking anything because I calculate how much the units will die and then they die and I'm not in range of anything by the end. I am very meticulous in checking ranges--even when the enemy has a dancer. Sometimes I play with a calculator next to me. Playing Offensive is all about knowing how much you can deal to the enemy and how to do it safely.

I feel like if I try to defend too much, I ran out of space and they crowd me. And then I die. 

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

Ahahaha, holy moly indeed. Although I'd have to agree, those small calculations ahead of time have saved me more times than I can count.

let's be real having effie changes everything

especially if it's 5* effie

although I don't really play well with armors unless I have the rest of my team using some pretty extreme positioning skills (sometimes I use reposition to catapult armors over 5 spaces per turn), which ends up being offensive anyway haha

then again my team comp is basically

buff the shit out of nino

make nino delete everything ever (2rkos roy, even, so with olivia Nino can take down Roy)

the few enemies nino can't deal with, ryoma can 

I think the only things she really has trouble with are like

Tharja, Ryoma if she's not in desperation range (or if he took a hit has vantage), and Takumi with vantage after taking a hit. Sanaki too, I guess, but she's not often around.

Edited by Thor Odinson

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Didn't you mention that one Takumi that did 18x2 though

Then I misunderstood, if that's not the norm, apologies

I'm not risking anything because I calculate how much the units will die and then they die and I'm not in range of anything by the end. I am very meticulous in checking ranges--even when the enemy has a dancer. Sometimes I play with a calculator next to me. Playing Offensive is all about knowing how much you can deal to the enemy and how to do it safely.

I feel like if I try to defend too much, I ran out of space and they crowd me. And then I die.

That was just one Takumi though, and the first I recall being able to do even near that much damage to Frederick.

I check ranges once in awhile myself, but no calculator...

Well I don't just put everyone in a corner, because yeah, you will run out of space and get beat there. I mean I let the enemy come to me more often than not, then I can plan my moves accordingly.

Although good news guys: for the first time, I got a defensive score of 251! My team must've gotten a flawless victory somewhere! I wonder if they couldn't get past Freddy the Wall. Hahaha.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

That was just one Takumi though, and the first I recall being able to do even near that much damage to Frederick.

I check ranges once in awhile myself, but no calculator...

Well I don't just put everyone in a corner, because yeah, you will run out of space and get beat there. I mean I let the enemy come to me more often than not, then I can plan my moves accordingly.

What I do is I try to make the enemies come to me in a more spread out manner---though Nino can take 2 in one player phase, usually. And then I can just pick them off without getting into range of anything else, and then I have more control over map-space--if I need to retreat, I have space to do that.

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

What I do is I try to make the enemies come to me in a more spread out manner---though Nino can take 2 in one player phase, usually. And then I can just pick them off without getting into range of anything else, and then I have more control over map-space--if I need to retreat, I have space to do that.

Yeah, that could work, but not on every map. Some maps are more condensed and make it harder to spread your units out. Like, how about that map where just about everyone is literally boxed in some walls and you have to break them to attack anyone? I hate that one...

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that could work, but not on every map. Some maps are more condensed and make it harder to spread your units out. Like, how about that map where just about everyone is literally boxed in some walls and you have to break them to attack anyone? I hate that one...

that is a pretty annoying map, yeah

Better than lava map though fuck lava map 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Although good news guys: for the first time, I got a defensive score of 251! My team must've gotten a flawless victory somewhere! I wonder if they couldn't get past Freddy the Wall. Hahaha.

Actually, I have been purposefully surrendering on the arena maps so I can reset the training tower every time. I remember running into a couple of 5 star Fredericks too. So...
(I really hope this isn't how you got your defense score lol).

Speaking of which, congrats either way!
And yes, I am jealous cause I haven't had any successful defenses. And even if I do, I barely come up short with 240.

Edited by Falcom

Just now, Falcom said:

Actually, I have been purposefully surrendering on the arena maps so I can reset the training tower every time. I remember running into a couple of 5 star Fredericks too. So...
(I really hope this isn't why you got your defense score).

Speaking of which, congrats either way!
And yes, I am jealous cause I haven't had any successful defenses. And even if I do, I barely come up short with 240.

Oh geez, if that's why I got that score, that's pretty darned lame. :(

But the person who lost to my team to get me the score uses the default name, Kiran, and I know several people do, so it may or may not be you. Lead unit is Kagero though.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But the person who lost to my team to get me the score uses the default name, Kiran, and I know several people do, so it may or may not be you. Lead unit is Kagero though.

-My username is not Kiran
-I don't even have a Kagero

Nope. It's real then.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

-My username is not Kiran
-I don't even have a Kagero

Nope. It's real then.

OH! Sweet! :D

...Well, unless they also did what you did...in which case I'll never know, but I still like the score!

Edited by Anacybele

What do y'all think of a support based Seliph designed around aoe buffs/debuffs and is also specifically a Hector killer? I was using him in arena last week after I hit my score. I was thinking either put Quick Reposte on him, obviously Hector is the aggressor because of Armads, or Seal Atk on the B slot. Brash Assault could work, but I don't really like it. On the C slot put Threaten Atk, and leave A how it is. For the special I'm thinking Moonbow.

41 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

let's be real having effie changes everything

especially if it's 5* effie

although I don't really play well with armors unless I have the rest of my team using some pretty extreme positioning skills (sometimes I use reposition to catapult armors over 5 spaces per turn), which ends up being offensive anyway haha

then again my team comp is basically

buff the shit out of nino

make nino delete everything ever (2rkos roy, even, so with olivia Nino can take down Roy)

the few enemies nino can't deal with, ryoma can 

I think the only things she really has trouble with are like

Tharja, Ryoma if she's not in desperation range (or if he took a hit has vantage), and Takumi with vantage after taking a hit. Sanaki too, I guess, but she's not often around.

Ahh, yes, she's 5*. I'm not a fan of armors either, but the bst combined with her skillset is too good to pass up.

I've never really used Nino. I have a 4* +spd -def one that is just gathering dust because I already have +atk Julia. But buffing Nino is pretty op, since there's basically nothing she can't double. Speaking of buffing, I really need to put some buffs on my other units to make Julia wreck even more face.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

My long winning streak in the arena broken AGAIN. I'm really sick of this crap. It's just far too easy to get screwed in the arena and you can't control it. There's no way to be able to counter absolutely anything and everything. If the April update doesn't fix this... -_-

Arena is a mix of player skill and luck, maybe 80/20. One can get unlucky and battle into a good defense team but that's just a couple of times if you know what you're doing. What kind of strat do you use? Do you do calculations before meeting combat? Do you study how the AI will act or move? Do you divide your units across the map to divide a grouped enemy team? Do you consider if falling back will lead you to a deathless victory? There's a lot into the arena. Try doing these and you'll have better results. I know that pulling and training good units play a huge role into whether you're successful in the game or not, but skill and strategizing take a bigger chunk there, so try practicing other ways, other strats, etc.

As I know you have a terribly low pool of units, I may ask: do you have a good amount of orbs to do 2 or 3 summons? You can get lucky and get good 5☆s, aside from the Eirika you dropped.

On another note, I just managed to get a 7 win deathless streak and pulled a score of 4430 with Lyn, Klein, Nowi and Priscilla. Once I 40 Karel I will replace Priscilla with him to get a better rank, but I'm currently working on that.

@Glaceon Mage Just cleared the flier quest with Michalis, Palla, Catria and SHANNA. Shanna was so useful here despite being underlevelled (33 vs 40 on the others), and still did a great job at tanking red and blue mages and taking advantage of that beautiful Goad Fliers from Palla, increasing her Atk and Sp to almost 40, plus Iceberg and Desperation were godsend. Shanna too good.

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Arena is a mix of player skill and luck, maybe 80/20. One can get unlucky and battle into a good defense team but that's just a couple of times if you know what you're doing. What kind of strat do you use? Do you do calculations before meeting combat? Do you study how the AI will act or move? Do you divide your units across the map to divide a grouped enemy team? Do you consider if falling back will lead you to a deathless victory? There's a lot into the arena. Try doing these and you'll have better results. I know that pulling and training good units play a huge role into whether you're successful in the game or not, but skill and strategizing take a bigger chunk there, so try practicing other ways, other strats, etc.

As I know you have a terribly low pool of units, I may ask: do you have a good amount of orbs to do 2 or 3 summons? You can get lucky and get good 5☆s, aside from the Eirika you dropped.

Yeah, I do all of that except the calculations. But maybe I just need to be better at doing all that stuff.

I've saved up over 180 orbs because I've been waiting for a good banner (none of the last few have been to my tastes, including the one coming tomorrow...). I'm really considering pulling on tomorrow's banner anyway though, because I do like Chrom's bunny outfit and I am getting more desperate for some more 5 stars. Also, a flying mage, which bunny Camilla will be, definitely sounds like something super good. Only thing is, apparently both bunny Chrom and bunny Camilla will be green units, and while I would like more of those, I don't want to cut Frederick out entirely either. And obviously having three greens on a team is a bad idea.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Just cleared the flier quest with Michalis, Palla, Catria and SHANNA. Shanna was so useful here despite being underlevelled (33 vs 40 on the others), and still did a great job at tanking red and blue mages and taking advantage of that beautiful Goad Fliers from Palla, increasing her Atk and Sp to almost 40, plus Iceberg and Desperation were godsend. Shanna too good.

This is funny because Shanna was the LVP on my Flier team. I used Palla, Caeda, Narcian and Shanna, but I wished I subbed her out with Catria or Cordelia. Shanna y ur offense bad

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do all of that except the calculations. But maybe I just need to be better at doing all that stuff.

I've saved up over 180 orbs because I've been waiting for a good banner (none of the last few have been to my tastes, including the one coming tomorrow...). I'm really considering pulling on tomorrow's banner anyway though, because I do like Chrom's bunny outfit and I am getting more desperate for some more 5 stars. Also, a flying mage, which bunny Camilla will be, definitely sounds like something super good. Only thing is, apparently both bunny Chrom and bunny Camilla will be green units, and while I would like more of those, I don't want to cut Frederick out entirely either. And obviously having three greens on a team is a bad idea.

Not really, you have sharena and robin and they cover your weakness. Initially I had lyn, alfonse, sharena and robin at the arena and I did pretty good despite having "bad coverage" against blues. Throw 80 orbs at tomorrows banner and you'll get a bunch of good units. Keep 100 for ike or something. But blazing shadows is one of the best banners to put some orbs into.

@Iris mine has 35 atk at 40, she's +spd -hp and she was pretty good. She's player phase material tho.

Edited by Quintessence