Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I might even say that Bonfire or Ignis would be better than the Dragon skills.  He can take advantage of that monstrous Def stat.

Actually, even if you get rid of Life and Death (which I wouldn't recommend), Bonfire/Ignis still doesn't deal as much damage as Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang (20/32 for Bonfire/Ignis vs 24/38 for Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang). He can take advantage of his monstrous DEF stat, true, but he can also take advantage of that slightly more monstrous ATK stat.

As for Elincia... I say she'll still end up a swordy. Not because of Amiti (I could see her weapon tree being Iron > Steel > Brave > Amiti), but because there are only two other flying swordies (Palla and Caeda), and we could use another one.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

To add on, I do have my doubts that Elincia will not get Amiti. It's the same reasons as why Caeda (sadly) didn't get her wing spear. If that's the case, it's VERY likely that Elincia will get Brave Sword+ which will stink since I rather not have Elincia get doubled despite her pretty decent speed.

6 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Actually, even if you get rid of Life and Death (which I wouldn't recommend), Bonfire/Ignis still doesn't deal as much damage as Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang (20/32 for Bonfire/Ignis vs 24/38 for Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang). He can take advantage of his monstrous DEF stat, true, but he can also take advantage of that slightly more monstrous ATK stat.

Maybe my math is wrong, but with Life and Death, I'm getting 53x0.5=26.5.  Where does the 38 come from?  Dragon Fang is +50% Attack.

8 minutes ago, Falcom said:

To add on, I do have my doubts that Elincia will not get Amiti. It's the same reasons as why Caeda (sadly) didn't get her wing spear. If that's the case, it's VERY likely that Elincia will get Brave Sword+ which will stink since I rather not have Elincia get doubled despite her pretty decent speed.

The reason? (Citation from the offical source as well but I'm guessing that wasn't quite your intention) 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe my math is wrong, but with Life and Death, I'm getting 53x0.5=26.5.  Where does the 38 come from?  Dragon Fang is +50% Attack.

Wait, what? Crap, I thought it was 50% for Aura and 80% for Fang, like Bonfire/Ignis and Iceberg/Glacies (I've been running the calcs for those skills lately, so I didn't think to check for the Dragon skills and just assumed they were the same, sorry 'bout that).

So, redoing the calcs, without Life and Death, Draconic Aura gives 13 and Dragon Fang gives 23. Looks like Bonfire/Ignis would be better if you forwent Life and Death then. Even if you keep Life and Death, Draconic Aura gives 15 and Dragon Fang gives 26, whereas Bonfire gives 18 and Ignis gives 28.
So yeah, actually, Bonfire/Ignis is better for Zephiel.

Nice catch. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Don't worry, I'm sure Ryoma will be on the special Battling Xander banner when it's Xander's turn to be a Grand Hero Battle. Or at least he better be

Maybe my dream of an army of Ryomas will finally be fulfilled

or just Ryoma+1

7 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

The reason? (Citation from the offical source as well but I'm guessing that wasn't quite your intention) 

Can you clarify? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. But this is just based on assumptions after Caeda didn't get her Wing Spear. I'd also assume Elincia would get a brave sword if not Amiti since Amiti is really just a more powerful brave sword.

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

The reason Caeda didn't get her Wing Spear is a lack of a Wing Spear in the original Shadow Dragon and Mystery.

Elincia had Amiti in both her appearances.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Maybe my dream of an army of Ryomas will finally be fulfilled

or just Ryoma+1

Sadly, going up against Xander doesn't always turn out too well for Ryoma.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Wait, what? Crap, I thought it was 50% for Aura and 80% for Fang, like Bonfire/Ignis and Iceberg/Glacies (I've been running the calcs for those skills lately, so I didn't think to check for the Dragon skills and just assumed they were the same, sorry 'bout that).

So, redoing the calcs, without Life and Death, Draconic Aura gives 13 and Dragon Fang gives 23. Looks like Bonfire/Ignis would be better if you forwent Life and Death then. Even if you keep Life and Death, Draconic Aura gives 15 and Dragon Fang gives 26, whereas Bonfire gives 18 and Ignis gives 28.
So yeah, actually, Bonfire/Ignis is better for Zephiel.

Nice catch. Thanks.

No worries.

Edited by Rezzy

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The reason Caeda didn't get her Wing Spear is a lack of a Wing Spear in the original Shadow Dragon and Mystery.

Elincia had Amiti in both her appearances.

Huh. For some reason I thought Caeda started off with the wing spear in both games but apparently that's not the case with mystery. Well that sucks. But I can also see why if the Rapier is also not included (since both weapons would be unfair to cavalry and armors).

I never actually played Path of Radiance (please don't bash me for skipping to Radiant Dawn ;-;) so I thought she'd start off with a sword or something in that game. Her dialogue in Radiant Dawn made me assume that she never used it in the first place.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Huh. For some reason I thought Caeda started off with the wing spear in both games but apparently that's not the case with mystery. Well that sucks. But I can also see why if the Rapier is also not included (since both weapons would be unfair to cavalry and armors).

I never actually played Path of Radiance (please don't bash me for skipping to Radiant Dawn ;-;) so I thought she'd start off with a sword or something in that game. Her dialogue in Radiant Dawn made me assume that she never used it in the first place.

Elinicia doesn't join in PoR until like 3 chapters before the end of the game.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sadly, going up against Xander doesn't always turn out too well for Ryoma.

Depends on if we're going to fight 9-5 Xander or not. I don't remember---do the GHB heroes you fight get skills they don't actually have in the Lunatic version?

22 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Depends on if we're going to fight 9-5 Xander or not. I don't remember---do the GHB heroes you fight get skills they don't actually have in the Lunatic version?

I just checked the FE Heroes wiki and no, but they do get stats that are impossible e.g. playable 5* Michalis can only have 45 HP, 50 attack with Hauteclare, 26 speed, and 35 defense, but Lunatic Michalis has 60 HP, 51 attack Hauteclare, 27 speed, and 36 defense and playable 5* Ursula can only have 35 HP, but Lunatic Ursula has 50. This could all change, though, in the future. Who knows, we may see a GHB where the hero is completely decked out and with skills that should not be possible.

Just now, Kaden said:

I just checked the FE Heroes wiki and no, but they do get stats that are impossible e.g. playable 5* Michalis can only have 45 HP, 50 attack with Hauteclare, 26 speed, and 35 defense, but Lunatic Michalis has 60 HP, 51 attack Hauteclare, 27 speed, and 36 defense and playable 5* Ursula can only have 35 HP, but Lunatic Ursula has 50. This could all change, though, in the future. Who knows, we may see a GHB where the hero is completely decked out and with skills that should not be possible.

Well, that means I either don't have to fight 9-5 Xander, or we get Xander equipped with Quick Riposte.

I'll take either!

9 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Well, that means I either don't have to fight 9-5 Xander, or we get Xander equipped with Quick Riposte.

I'll take either!

I hope Xander becomes a key player in taking out Xander like how Michalis is a potential key player in taking out Michalis. With Xander, we get more choices. Y'know, I think it would be very humiliating to lose to a version of yourself dressed in goofy clothing and who just beat you with a giant carrot. All while this is happening, your other self's horse is holding not eating, but holding a carrot in its mouth staring into your eyes with disappointment. Pitiful. At this point, you might as well crawl into your shell and become a lobster.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

I hope Xander becomes a key player in taking out Xander like how Michalis is a potential key player in taking out Michalis. With Xander, we get more choices. Y'know, I think it would be very humiliating to lose to version of yourself dressed in goofy clothing and who just beat you with a giant carrot. All while this is happening, your other self's horse is holding not eating, but holding a carrot in its mouth staring into your eyes with disappointment. Pitiful. At this point, you might as well crawl into your shell and become a lobster.

hey, lobsters take offense to that! :p

But yeah, that would be really funny. Trust nobody, not even yourself

16 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

hey, lobsters take offense to that! :p

But yeah, that would be really funny. Trust nobody, not even yourself

Lobsters are thick-shelled, they can take jabs like that. :p

Speaking of lobsters, I wonder what Walhart would be like in this game. He's like Camus, Michalis, and Sheena in that with his personal skill, Conquest, he has a negate effective on bonuses. Wolf Berg doesn't have a special effect, but they could just make an 18 MT weapon stacking on top of his high attack. Scary.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

Speaking of lobsters, I wonder what Walhart would be like. He's like Camus, Michalis, and Sheena in that with his personal skill, Conquest, he has a negate effective on bonuses. Wolf Berg doesn't have a special effect, but they could just make an 18 MT weapon stacking on top of his high attack. Scary.

If his special quote won't be “Stand up and FIGHT!”, I'll flip the hell out.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of lobsters, I wonder what Walhart would be like in this game. He's like Camus, Michalis, and Sheena in that with his personal skill, Conquest, he has a negate effective on bonuses. Wolf Berg doesn't have a special effect, but they could just make an 18 MT weapon stacking on top of his high attack. Scary.

Is Walhart important enough to even be in this game? To me he just seemed like a generic bandit boss with a fancy title.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Wolf Berg has 1-2 range in Awakening, so it could have Distant Counter built in. Some ultimate weapons that had 1-2 range in their original game don't have it here, like the Binding Blade and Echesachs, but Raijinto, Siegfried, and Gradivus all have it. No axes so far have Distant Counter built in, so that'd be a new thing for it to contribute.

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

Is Walhart important enough to even be in this game? To me he just seemed like a generic bandit boss with a fancy title.

He's not a "bandit boss". He's the emperor of an entire continent and is the antagonist for the middle third of the game, and he's one of the five bosses you can recruit in bonus maps. He's more important than plenty of the characters already available, and a perfect candidate for a GHB.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Wolf Berg has 1-2 range in Awakening, so it could have Distant Counter built in. Some ultimate weapons that had 1-2 range in their original game don't have it here, like the Binding Blade and Echesachs, but Raijinto, Siegfried, and Gradivus all have it. No axes so far have Distant Counter built in, so that'd be a new thing for it to contribute.

He's not a "bandit boss". He's a conquering king who's the antagonist for the middle third of the game, and he's one of the five bosses you can recruit in bonus maps. He's more important than plenty of the characters already available, and a perfect candidate for a GHB.

Yes I realize that, but it just didn't seem like he had any character development. It seemed like they just threw out this guy and said 'here's the evil conqueror dude, now go beat him!' or something like that. But maybe it's just me.

3 minutes ago, immatx said:

Yes I realize that, but it just didn't seem like he had any character development. It seemed like they just threw out this guy and said 'here's the evil conqueror dude, now go beat him!' or something like that. But maybe it's just me.

This would make sense if Reinhardt isn't in the game

But he does

Like seriously, the only "development" we had of Reindhart is having the moral voice of the game laughing at a verified idiot for saying that Reindhart is honorable. Then he had interaction with his sister that can be compressed into like one sentence

Edited by JSND

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks for reminding me that Frederick doesn't have his "Pick a god and pray!", and Lon'qu doesn't have "How well will you die?" Those were awesome critical quotes! And they're not in Heroes...

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Oh, great... Distant Counter... Now, who the can nuke this guy and survive? If Sanaki can somehow manage to one-shot this dude, then sure, but I doubt it.

Also, there's one thing I wished, but understand that they didn't do, was that on certain weapons with Distant Counter, there would be a different animation like Hector could have just thrown Armads like it was a Handaxe that he started out with in Blazing Sword or Ryoma could summon a lightning bolt to strike you.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Heh, as much as that quote makes sense, I'm kind of hoping it isn't just to see you flip out ;)