Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Is +SPD -DEF a good boon and bane for Eliwood? I know the recommended is -RES, but I really don't have any better unit (with a proper to boon and bane) to unlock potential, and I have 23k feathers right now. SPD is really needed when you have a +4 atacking sword, and his DEF isn't really good amyway, unlike his RES wich is amazing. That +SPD -DEF is hard to ignore, so I think I will invest on him. Or maybe wait for Zephiel. I don't have any good cavarly or armored unit yet. Sugestions?

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

Is +SPD -DEF a good boon and bane for Eliwood? I know the recommended is -RES, but I really don't have any better unit (with a proper to boon and bane) to unlock potential, and I have 23k feathers right now. SPD is really needed when you have a +4 atacking sword, and his DEF isn't really good amyway, unlike his RES wich is amazing. That +SPD -DEF is hard to ignore, so I think I will invest on him. Or maybe wait for Zephiel. I don't have any good cavarly or armored unit yet. Sugestions?

Hmm. I myself have a neutral 5* Eliwood and is using Fury. His speed would then be pretty very high for a cavalry unit, but also a glass cannon at best, so Desperation might be nice. Eliwood even has 1 BST above Eldigan too.

I used 20k feathers on Eliwood myself (because he's our main lord~), so you can join me :D

Edited by Lyrai

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Hmm. I myself have a neutral 5* Eliwood and is using Fury. His speed would then be pretty very high for a cavalry unit, but also a glass cannon at best, so Desperation might be nice. Eliwood even has 1 BST above Eldigan too.

I used 20k feathers on Eliwood myself (because he's our main lord~), so you can join me :D

I will probably join you, but his DEF worries me a bit. He looks good to take on those anoyying op Ninos in arena with that move and RES though.

5 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

And they say AoE supers suck. IMO It's amazing on him, specialy If you give him quick riposte.

It just depends on what you're playing. If you're in the Arena, then AoE Specials are generally not that useful because of the long charge time. They do allow you to brute force enemies that you otherwise would not have ORKOed sometimes, but you could pretty much do the same with Moonbow a lot of times.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It just depends on what you're playing. If you're in the Arena, then AoE Specials are generally not that useful because of the long charge time. They do allow you to brute force enemies that you otherwise would not have ORKOed sometimes, but you could pretty much do the same with Moonbow a lot of times.

With low SPD and Quick riposte, the AoE skill is ready for use after being atacked by a foe that would double him. With that huge atack, he can even take out red units easily as It ignores weapon triangle. Moonbow would probably be used on a oponent( and wasted on a counteratack) he can already kill on the last hit. Of course, It really depends on your oponents. If you don't have any blue units to ORKO, then Moonbow would be more useful. Just pointing my opinion, people HEAVILY underlook AoE skills with a killer weapon.

EDIT: Confused Moonbow with Luna. With cooldown of 2,  he could use Moonbow (with -1 cooldown) on both counters using Quick riposte. So, take my comment as If you were talking about Luna.

Edited by Rapha666br
Mistake

Wow, nothing new today though they did release the Flier Master quests yesterday and changed the season bonus heroes.

Looks like I'm SP grinding.

Edited by Roflolxp54

24 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wow, nothing new today though they did release the Flier Master quests yesterday and change the season bonus heroes.

The World of Shadows Banner, Navarre, Cherche, Setsuna, Virion, Cecilia, and Sharena.

I guess I can live with that.

Edited by Lyrai

58 minutes ago, Rapha666br said:

And they say AoE supers suck. IMO It's amazing on him, specialy If you give him quick riposte.

The AoE special skills are mostly useless in the arena due to their long cooldown. That's what people mean when they say the AoE skills aren't good.

In PvE missions, it's an entirely different story because you have much more control over your match-up, making it easier for you to charge up long-cooldown special skills.

1 hour ago, Rapha666br said:

While the recommended build is -Res, you can mitigate the -Def by giving him +HP Seals. That should equal it out.  The question is do you intend to run Horse Emblem? Since that is truly the place where he shines (with Ninian). I need to remind that, if you intend to follow my build, +Spd would have him one punching less but ORK a lot more things. So he need to trade damage here and there.

Speaking of One Punch Wood, I want to try giving him Dragon Fang fodder for fun to see if he can break 100 damage. Now if only I got a lot of Corrins.

I know we had a One Punch Chrom, but still

Edited by pianime94

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The AoE special skills are mostly useless in the arena due to their long cooldown. That's what people mean when they say the AoE skills aren't good.

In PvE missions, it's an entirely different story because you have much more control over your match-up, making it easier for you to charge up long-cooldown special skills.

If you read my last post, you would know that I mentioned a way to charge It in one battle. Making It ready to use on anyone you want. I think that is far from useless. Don't let the big numbers fool you.

Edited by Rapha666br
Mistake

Eliwood basically need his A slot filled to do his shit

But once he had the right A slot his coverage(80-90) is pretty high. Hes quite a key player in my cavalry rush set up(Gunter Cecilia Tome Ursula Eliwood) for his ability to handle Hectors and Julias

Oh, 12th rank is General Wyvern for the Arena. For some reason, I don't want to change this title... But that would be a renounce to feathers. Too bad XD

Edited by Ledrert

11 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Oh, 12th rank is General Wyvern for the Arena. For some reason, I don't want to change this title... But that would be a renounce to feathers. Too bad XD

It's actually third wyvern general, so the next rank should be second wyvern general...

2 hours ago, Rapha666br said:

If you read my last post, you would know that I mentioned a way to charge It in one battle. Making It ready to use on anyone you want. I think that is far from useless. Don't let the big numbers fool you.

And if you read mine, I said "mostly useless". If I use a qualifier, I do actually mean it.

There's exactly one case where you can both reliably have an AoE skill charged up in a reasonable amount of time and not have performed significantly better with a different special skill, and that was the example you gave. Eldigan is powerful enough that he isn't so starved for damage output to need Bonfire to do his job and slow enough to be reliably double attacked. Michalis is probably also in the same boat (though his Spd is slightly higher).

Few other characters are powerful, bulky, and slow enough to pull the same thing off, and the few who are (really just Sophia, Zephiel, Effie, and Hector) don't have a 16-Atk Killer weapon to actually get the skill charged up in one round of combat (except Effie whose Atk is so high, she doesn't mind losing the 5 Atk for a standard Killer Lance+).

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I just thought, wouldn't it be cool to have Myrrh as a Green Breath Flier? I wonder what kind of Breath they'd give her, though. Fire and Lightning seem to be Archanea, and Light is Elibe. Maybe they'll make her a new one.

But that doesn't matter, because you give her Lightning Breath+, then put Iote on her, and buff her with Fortify Dragons...

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well. I don't think the breaths are particularly continent-tied: light seems most fitting, but Fae already has that, so if Myrrh is the second Green Breath dragon, hopefully she'll have something else. I don't think anyone would complain about either Flametongue or Lightning Breath, or a new one. At least, no more than some of the odd breath choices we've already had, like Ninian and Corrin starting with Fire Breath (like all dragons) and never getting ice/water breath.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well. I don't think the breaths are particularly continent-tied: light seems most fitting, but Fae already has that, so if Myrrh is the second Green Breath dragon, hopefully she'll have something else. I don't think anyone would complain about either Flametongue or Lightning Breath, or a new one. At least, no more than some of the odd breath choices we've already had, like Ninian and Corrin starting with Fire Breath (like all dragons) and never getting ice/water breath.

If Myrrh is a green flying manakete, I'm literally jumping out the nearest window.

However, I think flame tongue on her would be ideal since that is the only Breath that doesn't come at less than 5 stars. Otherwise, something new would be cool but I'm not too sure what else they can do

Also, lightning breath would be a little over kill since we can already get that at 3, 4, or 5 stars. So I would complain. But if it is lightning breath, I'll be thankful it wasn't anything else since that is one of the better breath attacks in the game.

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

@eclipse, since when do you go under the name 'Fortuo' on FE: Heroes?

Somebody really likes green hair. :P

Time to try out my Klein in the arena more. I really hope he helps a lot, because now that I've gotten over 3,500 in the arena, I want to shoot for 4,000 or more.

Decided to wise up and made some big investment done today

Roy 4 -> Cecilia

Odin -> Ursula

Send Home Wrys 3*

Ursula to 5*

And i'm very certain i won't regret this because holy shit Ursula is so fair and balanced now

Ugh... Klein is useless and unhelpful to me just like practically everyone else I've tried to add into my team. Not only can I not get 4,000, my winning streaks are broken too soon again. I'm not even trying advanced matches every single time, only for the first couple battles or so. And nearly every single team I'm matched against now has nothing but mages or units that do magic damage. I'm so fucking tired of these. Most of my units are naturally low res or -res, I can't go against these teams. I'm also not getting any defense scores anymore, so Klein doesn't help there either.

I could only go as high as around 2,500 this time. I seriously don't know what to do anymore. Either I don't use the arena at all, or I forever get stuck with bad scores and low feather outputs... While everyone else can get a lot more. I just don't ever understand how they do it. Though part of it is probably that I still don't have the right units. None of them are working all that well for me, not even Frederick, sadly. And I don't have a usable dancer either, so...

I guess I need to somehow pull a full new team of 5 stars. The rest, I don't know what I'll do with them. I don't want to send them home after the work I put into them, but I don't want to use them anymore either...

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh... Klein is useless and unhelpful to me just like practically everyone else I've tried to add into my team. Not only can I not get 4,000, my winning streaks are broken too soon again. I'm not even trying advanced matches every single time, only for the first couple battles or so. And nearly every single team I'm matched against now has nothing but mages or units that do magic damage. I'm so fucking tired of these. 

I guess I need to somehow pull a full new team of 5 stars. The rest, I don't know what I'll do with them. I don't want to send them home after the work I put into them, but I don't want to use them anymore either...

Don't give up! I actually wanted to compliment you on reaching 3.500 before you posted this, since I know you had some troubles. That's only 500 from the max feather output for offence points. 

Most people indeed run mages and dancers, the first one because they have 2-range and most units naturally have lower res. The second one to catch people offguard. It's indeed not good for units like Frederick, unless he can oneshot the mages. Still, as hard as it is, if you still have a bit of fun with it, doing 'badly' (subjective) in arena is still more profitable than not doing arena at all.

Ofcourse, you play this game for fun. Partly for the game itself and probably partly to talk with the community here. If you really don't enjoy playing and mostly get frustrated/sad with it, it might be good to take a break from it. If you do though, other people will probably get more feathers and skills in the meantime, so you might wind up a bit more behind if you decide to come back.

Keep the 5-stars if you can. I know the 1.000 feathers must be tempting, but their weapons and skills are worth much more most of the time for inherit skill.

Lastly, only if you want to, but maybe we can look at your units and team you have and try and come up with something? No pressure, just offering.

Edited by Birdy

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh... Klein is useless and unhelpful to me just like practically everyone else I've tried to add into my team. Not only can I not get 4,000, my winning streaks are broken too soon again. I'm not even trying advanced matches every single time, only for the first couple battles or so. And nearly every single team I'm matched against now has nothing but mages or units that do magic damage. I'm so fucking tired of these. Most of my units are naturally low res or -res, I can't go against these teams. I'm also not getting any defense scores anymore, so Klein doesn't help there either.

I could only go as high as around 2,500 this time. I seriously don't know what to do anymore. Either I don't use the arena at all, or I forever get stuck with bad scores and low feather outputs... While everyone else can get a lot more. I just don't ever understand how they do it. Though part of it is probably that I still don't have the right units. None of them are working all that well for me, not even Frederick, sadly. And I don't have a usable dancer either, so...

Oh man :(

What was the team you used? I can help you make a good team!

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Decided to wise up and made some big investment done today

Roy 4 -> Cecilia

Odin -> Ursula

Send Home Wrys 3*

Ursula to 5*

And i'm very certain i won't regret this because holy shit Ursula is so fair and balanced now

ohohoho, 5* Ursula. I'ev been wanting to do this myself, but camping at 4* 40 with Blarblade Ursula so far, while I stockpile more Feathers in the hunt for more Cavalry boosters

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds like you need a break and try again when you're fresh. Advanced is a lot more difficult, so you should probably only do it when you can consistenly win intermidiate. Trying to start a streak with an advanced win or two is good strategy and playing (slightly) above your level can be a good way to grow, but if losing is to frustrating you should probably not do it yet (or go in expecting to lose, so it can only turn out good).

Also, I believe all dancers function quite similiar, so if one doesn't work, just getting a better one won't fix your problem (unless there is a very specific problem you have with one that another fixes). They require a certain playstyle, so if that is not your thing and you don't feel like investing into learning to use them, you should probably forgo them altogether for now.

3500+ is pretty good, just be happy you are getting better. It took me a while to get a 4000+ score as well. So please, at least don't trow away your current 5* units.

Spoiler

Considering I only pulled 5 of them out of over a 100 summons, I kinda feel like breaking stuff when someone sends a 5* home...