Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I train units on 10th all the time, so I don't really see the issue here. 8-10 is more or less the same, so I just go for whichever my trainee has a better color matchup against. 

Also @Anacybele the general consensus is that 5 cd (or even 4 cd) skills are unfavorable compared to their 3 cd counterparts because the extra power isn't worth the extra turn it takes to charge. Just think of how many times Aether procs in match. No more than 1-2 times in a standard Arena match, right? Whereas an Ike with Quick Riposte (or just fighting someone he doubles) can activate Bonfire or Draconic Aura every single round of combat with Heavy Blade, which most people like better. 

To each their own though. If you like Aether best, then by all means keep Aether. 

You forget that Heavy Blade makes Aether proc faster than usual AND it can heal more damage than any staff in the game ever could. That's a godsend in a game where healers are not viable and it could very well save an Ike from a finishing blow.

I'd rather have a skill that procs slightly slower, but heals all that damage without the need of a healer. Also, Swordbreaker helps proc it since Ike will always double swords with it so long as he's in its HP margin.

If people like something else more, that's their choice, but I will always believe that it's an inferior choice.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Anacybele said:

it can heal more damage than any staff in the game ever could.

Ana, this is factually wrong.

You need to step back and stop playing up Ike and actually calculate before you make statements like this.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You forget that Heavy Blade makes Aether proc faster than usual AND it can heal more damage than any staff in the game ever could. That's a godsend in a game where healers are not viable and it could very well save an Ike from a finishing blow.

I'd rather have a skill that procs slightly slower, but heals all that damage without the need of a healer. Also, Swordbreaker helps proc it since Ike will always double swords with it so long as he's in its HP margin.

If people like something else more, that's their choice, but I will always believe that it's an inferior choice.

I didn't forget.

Heavy Blade essentially turns Aether from a 5 cd skill to a 4 cd skill, so you still can't proc it in a single round of combat unless Ike has Quick Riposte AND is doubled by the enemy AND has enough attack to proc Heavy Blade on them. 

In any case, as you say, it's a matter of preference, so I won't try to convince you to change your mind or anything. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, this is factually wrong.

You need to step back and stop playing up Ike and actually calculate before you make statements like this.

Nope. The strongest healing staff is Recover, which I've never seen heal more than 12, maybe 13 damage. Aether heals 16, like I said.

Nope. The strongest healing staff is Recover, which I've never seen heal more than 12, maybe 13 damage. Aether heals 16, like I said.

Rehabilitate heals more the lower the injured unit's HP is. Anything less than 7, and Rehabilitate heals them right back up to full.

So technically the most Rehabilitate can heal in a single heal is 62 HP (used on a Zephiel w/ HP +5 and the HP +3 seal with 1 HP). 

Obviously not everyone is Zephiel, but when utilized properly, Rehabilitate can still heal over 30-40 HP pretty consistently. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Rehabilitate and Martyr beg to differ.

I said staves. Not skills. Those are skills.

I've also never seen Rehabilitiate heal that much. Healing is so poor in this game because it heals so little at higher levels.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I didn't forget.

Heavy Blade essentially turns Aether from a 5 cd skill to a 4 cd skill, so you still can't proc it in a single round of combat unless Ike has Quick Riposte AND is doubled by the enemy AND has enough attack to proc Heavy Blade on them. 

In any case, as you say, it's a matter of preference, so I won't try to convince you to change your mind or anything. 

Does that really MATTER? Ike is so good that he doesn't really NEED to proc a skill that fast. He can do fine enough without procing a skill in every round of combat.

Heavy Blade and Quick Reposte can't be used together, I think, because they're both A skills.

Rehabilitate: 7HP + 2 * (Max Half HP - Current HP)

Full heal at 7HP or less.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I said staves. Not skills. Those are skills.

I've also never seen Rehabilitiate heal that much. Healing is so poor in this game because it heals so little at higher levels.

Every weapon is a skill in this game, Ana.

Rehabilitate and Martyr are the only heals that scale.

Also, Recover heals 15 HP.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Rehabilitate heals more the lower the injured unit's HP is. Anything less than 7, and Rehabilitate heals them right back up to full.

So technically the most Rehabilitate can heal in a single heal is 62 HP (used on a Zephiel w/ HP +5 and the HP +3 seal with 1 HP). 

Obviously not everyone is Zephiel, but when utilized properly, Rehabilitate can still heal over 30-40 HP pretty consistently. 

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Rehabilitate: 7HP + 2 * (Max Half HP - Current HP)

Full heal at 7HP or less.

Proof/source, please? Because I have literally never seen this happen with this skill in all my time of playing.

@Anacybele, 5 CD Skills on average like to proc once near the end of the game against an enemy unit who is at less than half health. This cheats you out of the potential health you could have gained from the Sol effect on top of that.

Heavy Blade works much better with lower CD like Draconic Aura or Bonfire. Even default Luna uses it way better.

Why tank hits when you can make your output both higher and more consistent?

And like Amph mentioned, Ike never procs Aether when attacking and only procs it against units that double him while his speed tier is inflated via QR or a Weaponbreaker. Not to mention he needs higher attack. Extremely situational.

Ike is a collection of stats with a sword that lets him counter from two tiles away. That's it really.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Proof/source, please? Because I have literally never seen this happen with this skill in all my time of playing.

Ask and thy shall receive (Timestamp at 1:14 if it doesn't start playing right there).

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Does that really MATTER? Ike is so good that he doesn't really NEED to proc a skill that fast. He can do fine enough without procing a skill in every round of combat.

Heavy Blade and Quick Reposte can't be used together, I think, because they're both A skills.

I'm not saying he needs to. I'm simply saying that some people prefer being able to proc a skill every round, and others (like yourself) do not. 

Also Heavy Blade is an A-skill while Quick Riposte is a B-skill, so they can be used together.

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Rehabilitate

There are additional notes and calculations below the initial skill description on the page.

EDIT: Also just personal experience: I regularly use Priscilla when training units in the tower, and Rehabilitate has been a godsend that has saved my trainee from certain death more than once.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Take a high-leveled unit with Fury, unequip weapon and go to one of the lower strata. Enemies will not scratch them, but recoil will eventually bring them low enough.

Then you can check yourself and see through your own eyes.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele, 5 CD Skills on average like to proc once near the end of the game against an enemy unit who is at less than half health. This cheats you out of the potential health you could have gained from the Sol effect on top of that.

Heavy Blade works much better with lower CD like Draconic Aura or Bonfire. Even default Luna uses it way better.

Why tank hits when you can make your output both higher and more consistent?

And like Amph mentioned, Ike never procs Aether when attacking and only procs it against units that doubke him while his speed tier is inflated via QR or a Weaponbreaker. Not to mention he needs higher attack. Extremely situational.

Listen, there's no point in arguing it, I'm not changing my mind. In my opinion, Aether is better than all of those when Heavy Blade is there and because of its healing.

Listen, there's no point in arguing it, I'm not changing my mind. In my opinion, Aether is better than all of those when Heavy Blade is there and because of its healing.

...And here we all are telling you that other special skills make much better use of Heavy Blade.

But sure, you do you.

...And here we all are telling you that other special skills make much better use of Heavy Blade.

But sure, you do you.

And I'm saying I disagree. Can we end this please?

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Rehabilitate

I've used it myself and can confirm that this is the case. Have you used it before? It really does recover a lot of HP if a unit is low on health

No, I've only seen it on the enemy. I've actually yet to pull a unit that gets that skill.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I've only seen it on the enemy. I've actually yet to pull a unit that gets that skill.

Lissa is a free unit that gets Rehabilitate.

EDIT: Didn't know Amph was secretly a ninja.

EDIT2: Or am the ninja here? Hmm.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm saying I disagree. Can we end this please?

If I remember correctly, Lissa is a free rotation unit, and she gets Rehabilitate.

Or did you send her home?

EDIT: Damn Smoke beat me to it

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If I remember correctly, Lissa is a free rotation unit, and she gets Rehabilitate.

Or did you send her home?

She only gets it at 4 star. I pulled her once, but she was 3 star. I don't waste feathers on healers since they're not viable.

EDIT: @Vaximillian More than that for a free 1 star or 2 star Lissa from the rotation.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Lissa is a free unit that gets Rehabilitate.

2,000 feathers!