Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I just danced around the range one in the advanced arena just now. It was hell trying to outsmart the AI. They had a Wings Ninian.

Along with a Frederick to kill Linde if I got in the wrong range.

Rein can obliterate Linda on his phase, but she can obliterate him on my phase if she has desperation.

Eliwood, despite being a red, ORKOs him.

Rein is a glass cannon. And a dangerous one at that.

Felicia (one of the bonus units) was the only thing that could tank him.

The AI is best at using Wings. I always forget about it on my own units -.-

Wings Ninian... I should really get my own Ninian up there muahahahaha. Currently using Azura, but I've heard Ninian is bulkier?

Rein, Bunny!Cam and Ryoma make up the rest of my defence team. I'm going to give Ryoma Death Blow and Lancebreaker, Ryoma has vantage but nothing else yet. I'm only just starting to get defence wins again.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Their A support has her all like "I can't teach you anything anymore, you're the best" and nothing really romantic is implied to have happened before she declares herself as no longer his teacher. Would that be taboo?

I'm not sure. For me, even if you're no longer teaching someone atm, you're still a teacher to them for life, and I believe it's the same for the Japanese. So kinda.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sophia

Flux, Ruin, Fenrir, Fenrir+. Are they different in other versions of the game?

Weird, Sophia's final tomes are Nosferatu and Nosferatu+ in Japanese (they aren't filler tomes like I remembered after all).

tried the arena "for fun" with my incomplete flier emblem team. only two of the matches were deathless :(

sighhhhh i need gronnblade+ and someone with hone fliers soon sighhhhhh

also that map with the billions of pillars is so dumb. at least my units can fly! still, the dancer enemies make it hard to place my units well :facepalm:

Last night, I fought a Flier Emblem team in the Arena. Their Catria had Reposition, and that single handedly lost them the fight, because she kept Repositioning Minerva away from my units, which meant their other members weren't covered at all. Julia sniped all of them out of the sky.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

tried the arena "for fun" with my incomplete flier emblem team. only two of the matches were deathless :(

also that map with the billions of pillars is so dumb. at least my units can fly! still, the dancer enemies make it hard to place my units well :facepalm:

Those pillars were the only thing that saved me from a merged cavalry team last night, so I'm thankful (Reinhardt, Eldigan, Cecilia, Gunter)

Too bad there is no such thing as a flying dancer

Don't worry guilty. You'll have your day. One day you'll get a Nino and Hinoka! 

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

one time i fought a flier emblem team and all of the units had reposition. it was... interesting

And they said bow units weren't viable anymore

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Those pillars were the only thing that saved me from a merged cavalry team last night, so I'm thankful (Reinhardt, Eldigan, Cecilia, Gunter)

That sounds like the very same team that screwed me out of an actual 4,000+ score awhile back. It used all four of those units exactly.

i'll take any advantage over stupid reinhardt 

Just bring a Nino

Anna makes a good Reinhardt counter, if you have her at 4 stars or higher!

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

If Nino grows wings then I'll be more into her! 

I actually do want to use her someday though

Once you start using her you can't stop. because killing Lucina's with 43 speed isn't busted at all.

AT

ALL

I decided to give Robin and Merric Close Counter after getting two Takumi's in a row from the Hero Fest banner.

Merric with vantage and some buffs seems to be able to solo most flier emblem teams (the ones that don't run Palla or Caeda). Unlike Takumi (or any other archer running Close Counter) he can also deal with the triangle adept gronnraven Spring!Camilla's.

It's almost like Merric's stats are made for the skill (high hp and decent speed / defense).

51 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

The AI is best at using Wings. I always forget about it on my own units -.-

Wings Ninian... I should really get my own Ninian up there muahahahaha. Currently using Azura, but I've heard Ninian is bulkier?

Rein, Bunny!Cam and Ryoma make up the rest of my defence team. I'm going to give Ryoma Death Blow and Lancebreaker, Ryoma has vantage but nothing else yet. I'm only just starting to get defence wins again.

yeah you cant Inherit Lancebreaker or BlueTome-Breaker onto Red Units.

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Elieson As you're a fan of the Askr trio, why don't you give it a shot and give Aether to Alfonse and Galeforce to Sharena/Anna. That'll bump your arena score, won't it?

It'll bump your arena score, but that makes their special trigger nigh useless. 5 turn procs are just too much dude

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Weird, Sophia's final tomes are Nosferatu and Nosferatu+ in Japanese (they aren't filler tomes like I remembered after all).

Resire in Japanese was localized as Nosferatu. Nosferatu in Japanese was localized as Fenrir.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Resire in Japanese was localized as Nosferatu. Nosferatu in Japanese was localized as Fenrir.

Oh, derp. I think I remember hearing something about that. Funny they haven't fixed all of this yet, honestly.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well that makes more sense, at least!

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oh, derp. I think I remember hearing something about that. Funny they haven't fixed all of this yet, honestly.

If anything, the NoA localization team is reasonably consistent. They left Nosferatu's name as is even after it was reverted back into light magic in FE9, and the class naming of Myrmidon for whatever reason is still in use.

Now, if Heroes decides to add Argyraurae (NA GBA "Aura") into the game as the top-tier generic light tome instead of Divine, I wonder what the localization team is going to do. I swear the developers at Intelligent Systems are just trolling the localization team at this point with all of the character name overlaps.