Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

My opinion on the whole buying orbs thing:

I strongly believe that money spent on something you enjoy is not wasted.  :):

It is often said that buying orbs is like gambling.  The way I see it, most things in life are a gamble anyway.  You gamble when you spend money on a movie you don't know you'll like.  You gamble when you try something new at a restaurant.  You gamble when you spend a small fortune on a wedding for a marriage that may not last.  Just because something is a gamble, doesn't mean it's not worth doing.  Sometimes, things that we gamble on don't give us the result we want.  However, it can be fun to take the risk anyway.

Some people blow $100+ in one night at a bar on drinks.  (Yes, I did this a few times when I was younger.)  All you have to show for it the next day is a hangover and maybe some nice memories.  Fancy restaurants can rack up a big bill too, and all you have after that is a full stomach.  Those are just a couple of examples of spending money and having nothing to show for it. To me, buying orbs is no different. 

I have spent money on the game (I'm a dolphin) and I don't regret it.  I have been playing this game every day since launch, and it has brought me a lot of enjoyment.  When the game dies eventually, the money will not have been a waste for me.  It was fun.  

(Again, that's just my opinion. :^_^:)

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What does this actually mean?

Ahah, well, I take it to mean someone in between the free-to-play people and the whales.  :lol:  I've seen the word used a lot on these forums, and I feel like I fit into that category.  I have spent a few hundred (not sure on the exact number).

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's mid-range?

A free-to-play level of resource management with not-free orbs.

Basically, don't count on having a bunch of +10 units, but you'll have a variety of 5*s.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

A free-to-play level of resource management with not-free orbs.

Basically, don't count on having a bunch of +10 units, but you'll have a variety of 5*s.

What are orbs? Do they taste good?

Hg5c03N.png

On an unrelated note, now that Berkut is confirmed to have Ward Cavalry(or so i heard) Fortify Cavalry is the only Horse Emblem Skill that did not have a free source

Also Ward Cavalry officially have 3 source now lul

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This chart makes me feel like I have spent way too much money.

lemme guess, since iirc you mentioned you spent 1500/month a while back, and the game is out for 5 months is it Blue Whale?

Just now, JSND said:

lemme guess, since iirc you mentioned you spent 1500/month a while back, and the game is out for 5 months is it Blue Whale?

I... was 1 USD short of being a Blue Whale at the end of February.

18 minutes ago, JSND said:

Hg5c03N.png

On an unrelated note, now that Berkut is confirmed to have Ward Cavalry(or so i heard) Fortify Cavalry is the only Horse Emblem Skill that did not have a free source

Also Ward Cavalry officially have 3 source now lul

Ahah, well according to this chart I'm still a Clown Fish right now then.  Hmm, or possibly a Turtle if I have underestimated my spending... which I frequently do. 

If the game keeps going strong, I'll get up there...

It's kinda funny.  When they announced a mobile Fire Emblem game a while back, I wasn't really hyped up about it.  I figured it wouldn't be very interesting.  Who knew it would be so awesome? :lol:  

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

$7499 in the month of February. That's... apparently 14,000 orbs.

2,800 pulls, if my math is correct. That is, I believe, 23 guaranteed 5* units using the '120 pulls=free 5*' mechanic.

@Quintessence Well, that's not to say that Killer weapons don't have their niche, but for the most part, you don't see them, so I still feel the change effects the meta precisely 0%. Slaying weapons simply are viable alternatives to Wo Dao in the case of swords and... usable, in the case of bows and axes. You can argue power creep for Lances though, there are a few units that legitimately use that weapon.

@LuxSpes I don't play gacha games really, this was my first and I am used to balance patches and the like from being a part of the fighting game community at one point. But I understand it's better for their bottom line that way. Why simply buff a weapon when you can just put it on a new unit people like and will potentially pay for? As far as killer weapon units having to SI in order to reach their full potential, 95% of them already had to do that, so this changes literally nothing in my opinion.

@Kaden As I said there is a niche, and even some of the characters you named (such as Sheena) do have a primary use for the Killer weapons and in that sense it's invalidation. I don't necessarily agree with the chosen method, but I understand it. I don't think buffing Killer weapons by 3 MT would have shaken things up that much, conversely it does very little harm introducing stronger versions. It's just... a very money hungry method of doing things.

That being said, if they release something like a HEROIC line of weaponry that's basically Brave weapons with 2 more MT, feel free to riot. You will get no opposition.

Edited by Zeo