• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Geographically speaking, even I am Asian! Not bad, not bad.

Also I might pretty much be the only one here who speaks Russian.

I'll have you know I play DotA 2, we all speak Russian, good sir/madam.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

VILLAGER FORK

I can't hear you with all that sound that Est does when she kills

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Interestingly enough, the United States does not actually have an official language.

It gets more interesting once you add Puerto Rico, Hawaii, New Mexico, all of the indigenous tribes, and the pacific Islands territories like Guam in to the mix. It is unreasonable to ask them to replace the oficial or historic language with a new official one. Good luck getting Spanish civil law into English. 

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Just like my Catria right now

Or it could be like mine who now spends the majority of her time sitting around the barracks, now only being used for the 10th Stratum flier team quests.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just type "iono" online. I prefer it to "idk"

Is it because iono is longer than idk? Do girls have length preferences for words too?

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or it could be like mine who now spends the majority of her time sitting around the barracks, now only being used for the 10th Stratum flier team quests.

Mine is just good at throwing javelin from some really weak cheap dmg.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Am I crazy, or just CRAZY LUCKY? WOOOOOOOO

But...

DRAGONS!

22 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

What is barely fluent? Can you hold conversations with native speakers or survive in that country if you were dumped there all of a sudden?

No to Cantonese and definitely not Mandarin. I can at least understand, but not speak Cantonese outside of basic stuff like "water", "car", "toilet", "no", and "yes". I have no understanding on anything about Mandarin other than "thank you".

As I said before in my post, I'm illiterate when it comes to Vietnamese, but I can make out some words if I know what they sound like and what the context is, but that only takes me so far since I don't know the alphabet enough or how some words are even written as other than stuff like phở as in the noodle soup and xe -- I'm not sure if it's accentless -- which means car. Speaking, kind of fluent, poor accent, could probably hold a basic conversation, but that's it since I'm missing a ton of knowledge on proper grammar and when and how exactly to use the equivalents to use Mr., Ms., "buddy", kid, etc.

Somewhat literate in French, but crap at speaking. French isn't widely used in the US... So, basically a more structured and formally taught version of Vietnamese for me, but with poorer speaking even if I know the grammar and stuff more. Unrelated: because some words in both French and English can kind of sound similar, I guess I picked up the ability to guess on what people are saying in other romantic languages and kind of German. Definitely can't understand them, but it's kind of weird how I can sort of know what they're talking about or just pick word or two and know what they mean.

English, well, I stutter which weirdly doesn't happen with French and kind of Vietnamese or the few basic words in Cantonese I know for some reason. Maybe it's because I talk slower since I have no idea what I'm saying. There's some issues with pronunciation which is probably because I stutter and also because I just have issues with pronouncing words in general if I haven't heard them before or a lot. That and the whole the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know as much as you think you do.

I am a very pessimistic person. Someone could say that my level of English is good, but I'd say it's bad because there's so much that I don't know even if it's pretty much useless for daily life.

21 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

So the book of Naga "Dragon Tales"?

More like "Dragon Heads" considering what comes out of it when Julia uses it to attack people.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely on-topic note, we're getting another FEH Channel in a day or so.

Not sure if that Twitter post said it, but they're going to broadcast tomorrow at 10:30 p.m. (US Central time) and that it will be broadcast in both Japanese and English, per the in-game notification board.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely on-topic note, we're getting another FEH Channel in a day or so. (EDIT: In 24 and a half hours.)

Channel?  Does that mean a teaser or announcement or like a new Twitter?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It's a teaser for upcoming content. A 15-minute broadcast on Youtube and NicoNico. We had one of these before in... March?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

A video will be broadcast on their official youtube channel. There might be teasers and announcements.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's a teaser for upcoming content. A 15-minute broadcast on Youtube and NicoNico. We had one of these before in... March?

Okay, I wonder if Patch 2.0 is coming soon.  My hope is more 3*s to get added to the batch.  It could coincide with the CYL thing.

Oh well, I guess no news tonight.  I kinda wish it wasn't so late.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Okay, I wonder if Patch 2.0 is coming soon.  My hope is more 3*s to get added to the batch.  It could coincide with the CYL thing.

Oh well, I guess no news tonight.  I kinda wish it wasn't so late.

Last time, they announced things like the arena revamp (the current tier system) and the Tempest Trials. Big things.

Somehow, I doubt they'll be able to get an English dub to be anywhere remotely near as cute as the Japanese voice for Feh without recruiting someone's 5-year-old daughter to do the voices.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow, I doubt they'll be able to get an English dub to be anywhere remotely near as cute as the Japanese voice for Feh without recruiting someone's 5-year-old daughter to do the voices.

That's more a problem with the US not wanting cute voices in their cartoons, I think:

Just import/produce some weebs, drive up demand for cutesy voices, and eventually we'll have 30+ voice actresses doing 5 year old voices.