Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Idk it'd feel pretty weird adding these biggies in the game as if they were matching/competing their antagonism with Bruno and Veronica. Not that antagonisms will clash directly but, imo, one will see GHB units like these with much respect, like, "holy shit we have Nergal" while Bruno/Veronica will be seen as "meh" or something.

Zephiel, and maybe Lyon, can be exceptions to the norm because they somehow interacted with the main lords and were seen with friendly eyes at the beginning of the games.

At the beginning of FE6, Zephiel kills Hector.

He's friendly in FE7, but Heroes does not make any reference to that part of his story and portrays him purely as a conqueror. Not even any of the sympathetic aspects of his history that get brought up later in FE6, for that matter.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just putting this out in the open, but it seems only Mathilda and Leon have become available as 4*s while the other four are still 5* exclusive.

Dang, I was wondering if they would choose three characters to demote so that it's still "half" of the new characters, but no, just one from each banner. Well at least the ridersbane is more available. That thing has more Mt than Heavy Spears. Also, maybe Cancel Affinity is still great at just the second level. I read the skill descriptions once and didn't really understand how they change with upgrades.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

He's friendly in FE7, but Heroes does not make any reference to that part of his story and portrays him purely as a conqueror. Not even any of the sympathetic aspects of his history that get brought up later in FE6, for that matter.

"Liberator", thank you very much.

He's portrayed as a man who is very much sick of the bullshit mankind does to each other and has the power to act upon it.

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

Dang, I was wondering if they would choose three characters to demote so that it's still "half" of the new characters, but no, just one from each banner. Well at least the ridersbane is more available. That thing has more Mt than Heavy Spears. Also, maybe Cancel Affinity is still great at just the second level. I read the skill descriptions once and didn't really understand how they change with upgrades.

Yeah, I thought they would demote half of the six too instead of just demoting one from each. I also thought for sure that both Gray and Saber would both be demoted as opposed to the opposite happening. To be honest, there really is nothing about Saber in particular that warrants keeping him as a 5* exclusive if they were OK with making Leon and his Slaying Bow more accessible. For Gray, I guess Sword Valor was enough of a reason for them to keep him as a 5* only but even that is a stretch I feel.

11 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

No TA: If you have WTA, you have 120% Atk and your opponent has 80%. If you have WTD, you have 80% Atk and your opponent has 120%.

No CA vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 140% Atk and your opponent has 60%. If you have WTD, you have 60% Atk and your opponent has 140%.

CA1 vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 120% Atk and your opponent has 80%. If you have WTD, you have 80% Atk and your opponent has 120%. (Same as no TA.)

CA2 vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 140% Atk and your opponent has 60%. If you have WTD, you have 80% Atk and your opponent has 120%.

CA3 vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 140% Atk and your opponent has 60%. If you have WTD, you have 100% Atk and your opponent has 100%.

CA1 completely negates any TA skill your opponent has. CA2 only negates it if it would hurt you, not if it would hurt your opponent. CA3 reverses it if it would hurt you.

Edited by Othin

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I thought they would demote half of the six too instead of just demoting one from each. I also thought for sure that both Gray and Saber would both be demoted as opposed to the opposite happening. To be honest, there really is nothing about Saber in particular that warrants keeping him as a 5* exclusive if they were OK with making Leon and his Slaying Bow more accessible. For Gray, I guess Sword Valor was enough of a reason for them to keep him as a 5* only but even that is a stretch I feel.

Sure there is.

To spook your pulls on red.

They demoted mostly who I expected, though I too thought Saber might go down. I didn't picture them lowering either Sonya or Delthea, they seemed pretty obvious to keep as 5*, and Gray with his skill made me think he'd stay too. I don't care about Leon, but I'm really glad Mathilda went down. Even if she's not that amazing besides for Cancel Affinity, I'm happy I have a better chance at getting her now. And if I DO get multiples I can throw B Cordelia a Cancel Affinity to make her even more of a terror. Is CA available at 4* or does she need to be 5* to pass it?

6 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Today I learned that Goad Fliers stacks with Goad Fliers. This makes me happy.

...I'm not sure what I'll even do with that information, since I rarely bring more than three fliers unless a quest requires it. But still.

Yep,

- All skills that directly modify stats stack with everything.  Such as Fury 3 and ATK + 1 seal
 - All skills that boost during combat stack with everything.  Such as Goad Fliers and Goad fliers with Fury 3 and ATK  + 1
 - Only one visible buff may change a stat at a time, the highest one will count.  So rally atk + hone atk will give +4 atk.

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Sure there is.

To spook your pulls on red.

Shit. You have a point, especially since I did happen to get him from his banner. I swear if I see him again before I see Summer!Leo...

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

They demoted mostly who I expected, though I too thought Saber might go down. I didn't picture them lowering either Sonya or Delthea, they seemed pretty obvious to keep as 5*, and Gray with his skill made me think he'd stay too. I don't care about Leon, but I'm really glad Mathilda went down. Even if she's not that amazing besides for Cancel Affinity, I'm happy I have a better chance at getting her now. And if I DO get multiples I can throw B Cordelia a Cancel Affinity to make her even more of a terror. Is CA available at 4* or does she need to be 5* to pass it?

Yeah, I had a feeling there was very little chance that either Delthea or Sonya would be added to the 4-5* pool. Quite a shame too in regards to Delthea since she probably would've been another source of Death Blow 3 at 4*s if Drive Atk 2 was kept 5* exclusive like Drive Def 2 is on Roderick. Cancel Affinity was sadly but also predictably kept as 5* only but that does mean Mathilda is a third source of Hone Atk 3 at 4*s, for what that's worth.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

No TA: If you have WTA, you have 120% Atk and your opponent has 80%. If you have WTD, you have 80% Atk and your opponent has 120%.

No CA vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 140% Atk and your opponent has 60%. If you have WTD, you have 60% Atk and your opponent has 140%.

CA1 vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 120% Atk and your opponent has 80%. If you have WTD, you have 80% Atk and your opponent has 120%. (Same as no TA.)

CA2 vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 140% Atk and your opponent has 60%. If you have WTD, you have 80% Atk and your opponent has 120%.

CA3 vs TA3: If you have WTA, you have 140% Atk and your opponent has 60%. If you have WTD, you have 100% Atk and your opponent has 100%.

CA1 completely negates any TA skill your opponent has. CA2 only negates it if it would hurt you, not if it would hurt your opponent. CA3 reverses it if it would hurt you.

Oh, okay. I was thinking the 3rd version of the skill somehow modified all WT outcomes, not just the ones where they have a gem weapon or TA.

Also, I may be slow on the uptake, but version 1.6 is coming August 8th or sooner? They said the update would include the new Arena mode, and at the end of talking about that mode, they said that launches August 8th. But not specifically that the update is coming on that day. The 8th may just be the first arena season after the update. Whenever the update comes, I'm excited for the catalog of heroes. I've been asking for this mode specifically and it feels pretty wild to see it show up. Dunno what sorts of features it'll have though. I figured it would be a great way to sell the fire emblem games to people, by having bio information on all the heroes you own. Maybe the information expands as you collect higher star ratings of them. But having the summon and level 40 5* quotes that you can view anytime is cool too.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

To be honest, there really is nothing about Saber in particular that warrants keeping him as a 5* exclusive if they were OK with making Leon and his Slaying Bow more accessible. 

Saber has Slaying Edge and Shield Pulse. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Saber has Slaying Edge and Shield Pulse. 

Yeah, I suppose. I just don't think either one of those or Saber's stats are good enough to warrant leaving him as a 5* exclusive. That and, as I previously said, they had no problem making the other Slaying weapon available from a 4* unit. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I suppose. I just don't think either one of those or Saber's stats are good enough to warrant leaving him as a 5* exclusive. That and, as I previously said, they had no problem making the other Slaying weapon available from a 4* unit. 

Slaying Bow isn't very useful. There's basically just Niles who would care to have it.

Slaying Edge on the other hand has a lot of characters that would care to have it.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Red sword units are far more common and many of them would love to have that weapon. Slaying Bow isnt't a Brave Bow+ upgrade so its usefulness is more limited. 

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Slaying Bow isn't very useful. There's basically just Niles who would care to have it.

Slaying Edge on the other hand has a lot of characters that would care to have it.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Red sword units are far more common and many of them would love to have that weapon. Slaying Bow isnt't a Brave Bow+ upgrade so its usefulness is more limited. 

Fair points. I should say that Saber being 5* exclusive doesn't actually bother me unless if ends up spooking me in my quest for Summer!Leo, I just wasn't expecting him to stay there that's all.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Don’t you mean “for posterity”? I mean, prosperity is good and everything, but still.

Probably. It's been a while since I've seen someone use that word.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

There is still no more evidence than there ever was, just the continued unsubstantiated assumption that the old lists would be updated if a change happened.

The difference is we have observed it, and we have an instance we can point at should we ever have this argument again (such as in a month when Nohrian Summer expires after the second August banner).

I assume the old lists not changing is a legal reason, because them changing would signify there is a master list that the banners call while appending their focus characters to it- a far more efficient method from a programming perspective. Without that, each banner individually lists the same Heroes as summonable from it, which has got to be hard to implement every time a new banner appears.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Probably. It's been a while since I've seen someone use that word.

The difference is we have observed it, and we have an instance we can point at should we ever have this argument again (such as in a month when Nohrian Summer expires after the second August banner).

I assume the old lists not changing is a legal reason, because them changing would signify there is a master list that the banners call while appending their focus characters to it- a far more efficient method from a programming perspective. Without that, each banner individually lists the same Heroes as summonable from it, which has got to be hard to implement every time a new banner appears.

I don't think "the character lists don't make any mention of the characters" was ever in question: it was just a question of whether or not that lack of update accurately reflected reality. There aren't really any observations that could convincingly support the claim that it does: you'd need to do an enormous amount of summons.

Yes! Finally finished CC 11/12 lunatic! With that done, I've now completed all of CC lunatic. I ended up not needing horse emblem after all. Nino, Olivia, Klein, and Reinhardt managed to get me to the last map and they even took out Sonya and Clive. Plus they left Bruno at 2hp. Ephraim, Genny, Hector, and S!Tiki cleaned up. 

Rather than asking one same question on two different thread, I guess I'll just ask it here. We all know Infernal difficulty not only raised the stat from Lunatic, but also add the 6th units. IS there any information, or guess, about the 6th unit in the Lilina-Cecilia BHB and the Valter GHB? 

23 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Rather than asking one same question on two different thread, I guess I'll just ask it here. We all know Infernal difficulty not only raised the stat from Lunatic, but also add the 6th units. IS there any information, or guess, about the 6th unit in the Lilina-Cecilia BHB and the Valter GHB? 

I get the feeling they often add a unit to block strategies you'd use on Lunatic. For instance, I'd guess they'll add a mage cav to the left of the southern lance cav on the BHB, because you could focus him without being in range of other units otherwise.

That's just a guess though, and I'm not sure what they'll do in the Valter map (maybe something around the axe-pegasi?).

Looks like there's going to be a retweet event from the in-game notification board, for the chance of 5 orbs

Also already wrecked in the arena by a Flier emblem team with both event-only mage fliers, including a +5 Spring Camilla...

So, uh... I have a 3* 35/37/40 Hana that now has 1900SP because I merged my defective Hana into her (she knows Silver Sword and Sol, and I don't think I've taught her any skills). I... don't think she's in danger of not having the SP to learn Brave Sword+, Life & Death 3, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3 and a better special.