Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, something @mampfoid said in Arena Discussion gave me pause- what if, instead of the offer to put Arena randos on your (small) Friendlist, if you could offer them some sort of approval for a creative or fun defence team? I'm not entirely sure what the reward would be (probably less than a proper defence win), but it might serve as a good incentive to try things more original than 'oh joy, another Reinhardt/Brave Lyn/dancer...'

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

So, something @mampfoid said in Arena Discussion gave me pause- what if, instead of the offer to put Arena randos on your (small) Friendlist, if you could offer them some sort of approval for a creative or fun defence team? I'm not entirely sure what the reward would be (probably less than a proper defence win), but it might serve as a good incentive to try things more original than 'oh joy, another Reinhardt/Brave Lyn/dancer...'

Good idea. Currently the only way to show approval (apart from the friend invite) means to break your streak in arena or AA. 

Sometimes if the nicknames are something fun and relevant to the arena defense I kind of feel like giving a win. I remember one with a 5 star Odin with the name BuffOdinPlz

But then if I change my name I'm not sure SF people would recognise me and delete me haha

Also so sad Camilla map is going away in less than 2 days...

I was planning to train my new dancers in double SP weekend (because training dancers isn't exactly the smoothest thing), but I wonder if I should train them in the Camilla map before it ends? :(

That said my stamina needs to be spent on TT as well because 20% bonus unit points means the TT is slower than usual...

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Does Hone Fliers work on Feh? I see no reason why it wouldn’t.

Feh belongs to the special unit type "Owl Avatara". With 5 50s for stats. Movement range is 3. Movement type is flying teleportation, so they can go anywhere but on spaces occupied by obstacles, and they can pass through obstacles if they end their turn on a space on the opposite side. Has no flier weakness, nor any other including -Raven tomes.

Their weapon is the Colorless, typeless Stolos Opticus. Two magically infused Orbs arranged like the eyes of an Owl, their light has the power to eradicate the spiritual essence of life itself. Contains Close Counter and guaranteed to activate Panic Ploy, which debuffs the foe right before an attack by Feh or the enemy begins.

Special is Piercing Wisdom: Negates enemy Defense and Resistance, deals 50% more damage, and heals for 25% of damage dealt. Cooldown of 3.

Assist is Feather Dance: Refreshes, fully heals, cures of debuffs, grants +4 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res, and accelerates the cooldown of Specials to 0, for all adjacent allies.

A Skill is Beneficence: Any and all buffs being used by both sides in the battle (but not debuffs), are applied to Feh for the entire fight all the time, even Life and Death, Fury, and Death Blow are applied, with no requirements or nasty side effects. Also includes things like Wings of Mercy, Pass, Vantage, Desperation, Breath of Life, Triangle Adept, Savage Blow, Guidance, Infantry Pulse, Renewal, and Armor March.

B Skill is Prismatic Light: Always has WTA in all circumstances.

C Skill is Dual Nature: Targets whichever is lower of Def/Res on a given enemy.

Has a fixed Sacred Seal that cannot be removed, Immutability. Negates all enemy debuffs, including Pain/Poison Strike damage, Gravity move reduction, and Fire/Wind Sweep and Dazzling Staff among other things.

Not that Feh is of any concern to you! Feh is pure goodness, their word divine and just. Just continuing fighting onwards oh Heroes of Zenith, and never think otherwise. Where the Flying Feh Flies, there is only truth.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Genealogy remake incoming? Genealogy remake incoming!

Where in the world do you get that idea from? It's just a little line about a Heroes Focus, nothing more.

It will come eventually, we all know that already.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Stop being cynical!

Do we want a Genealogy remake when the last new game to release was a remake of Gaiden? I'd rather they put FE Switch a totally new game in the next slot, then we can consider Genealogy, if not after FE Switch, then a hypothetical FE Switch 2. 

This said, if Genealogy was next up, with sufficient changes *grabs the blowtorch and the scalpel* it could be different enough from the base experience (not that I'm asking for the maps to be broken up into smaller ones, I'm not asking for that) that it could warrant being the next game released.

And while the opening notes of that FE4 piece sounds nice, I'm saving my ears for surprises later down the line. When I can come to develop a good first-ish impression of the music in its proper context.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do we want a Genealogy remake when the last new game to release was a remake of Gaiden?

I do.

I also want the remake for Genealogy to be as faithful to the original as the previous remakes have been.

No changes for the sake of changes.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I also want the remake for Genealogy to be as faithful to the original as the previous remakes have been.

No changes for the sake of changes.

What part of this do I think derives from us non-Japanese being denied an official release of the originals? In Japan, would they be more open to change since if they wanted the original experience they could just Virtual Console it?

I'm what I hope is considered moderate in the arguments between reform and conservatism. If adding more enemies and more move to units in FE4 will help fix gameplay issues without overhauling the game's ideas, that's fine and good and should be done. 

Changes for the sake of changes- well what constitutes that? Does the addition of Combat Arts in SoV count? Or is it justified as adding variety to physical units which they lacked vis a vis mages and their big magical arsenal in OG Gaiden II Dai-2-ji the Moon Dwellers Saga Endless Frontier EXCEED?

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I missed day 1 of Tempest Trials because I was too busy playing FEW.

...send help.

No can do. I've already maxed the in-game play timer for my Warriors save (at 99:59, apparently, unless it was just a coincidence).

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Where in the world do you get that idea from? It's just a little line about a Heroes Focus, nothing more.

It will come eventually, we all know that already.

Something, something, Illuminati confirmed, something.

Personally, I doubt that a Genealogy remake is going to happen anytime before 2019 provided that FE Switch comes out next year. Though I have certainly been wrong before so, eh, what the hell do I know.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Something, something, Illuminati confirmed, something.

Personally, I doubt that a Genealogy remake is going to happen anytime before 2019 provided that FE Switch comes out next year. Though I have certainly been wrong before so, eh, what the hell do I know.

The developers of Echoes also said that they wanted to remake The Binding Blade, so, FE16, then the FE6 remake, and then the FE4 remake. IS has released remakes back to back before (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery Of The Emblem) so I wouldn't be shocked if we got two remakes consecutively.

56 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

The developers of Echoes also said that they wanted to remake The Binding Blade, so, FE16, then the FE6 remake, and then the FE4 remake. IS has released remakes back to back before (Shadow Dragon/New Mystery Of The Emblem) so I wouldn't be shocked if we got two remakes consecutively.

The difference is SD and NM are story sequels. FE4 and 6 aren't. Both have story sequels in 5 and 7, and releasing one without the promise of the other coming within two or three years later would be very annoying.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I would do the same if I had an Amelia, and my Sheenas weren’t –Atk.

My current 5-star is +HP/-Res, and she was promoted from 4-star. I just really wanted to have her at 5-star, since I like her and she refused to show up until like September I think. I got two more of her last night though (one ironically +Spd/-Atk, though the other one is a much nicer +Def/-Res), so I think I'm gonna start actually working on her now. I just need Hector (DC), another Amelia (AM 2 and 3- interesting how that shortens to AM, and it's from Amelia), a promoted Subaki (QP3), and a Sheena with +Atk/-Spd, and she'll be perfect!

...She's probably not going to be perfect for months...

I'd rather a Blinding Blade remake. Especially considering Roy's smash history in the west. His story should officially be told in america.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

That said my stamina needs to be spent on TT as well because 20% bonus unit points means the TT is slower than usual...

Brother!!! Yes, Arvis being your only Bonus unit sucks a ton. Almost as much as a 4.00% rate on the FE4 banner... one more set of 20 and I'll have hit almost 100 orbs into this banner...

EDIT: What is it with this game giving me +SPD Barsts? First +SPD/-HP, Then +SPD/-RES, now +SPD/-DEF. I get it... I'll build a Barst. Sheesh.

The +SPD/-DEF one is getting sacrificed to Frederick for BA+ and Reposition though. Time to make him useful.

Edited by Zeo

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol my bonus unit is Lachesis. People complaining about Arvis, oooh boy.

A 20% being your bonus unit is the issue. If you don't have Arvis (or didn't promote him to *5/lack the feathers) then that's your own choice. That being said, he's pretty solid as a healer/support with his debuffs and Repo-Aid. But the lack of juiced firepower through other units sucks considering even with the TT buffs his stats are just very mild and his firepower isn't nuclear.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Well, I finally made my decision last night.

I no longer have an Amelia.

In related news, Sheena now has a Slaying Axe+ and Armor March 1.

Hooray for favoritism!

Congratulations! No easy thing to sacrifice a rare and good unit. Perhaps I will sacrifice my only Amelia to Arden. 

Why Slaying axe before AM3? Armor March is the skill to make armors playable in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol my bonus unit is Lachesis. People complaining about Arvis, oooh boy.

Did you sacrifice your Arvis for Def Ploy? 

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Well, I finally made my decision last night.

I no longer have an Amelia.

In related news, Sheena now has a Slaying Axe+ and Armor March 1.

Hooray for favoritism!

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I would do the same if I had an Amelia, and my Sheenas weren’t –Atk.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Congratulations! No easy thing to sacrifice a rare and good unit. Perhaps I will sacrifice my only Amelia to Arden. 

Why Slaying axe before AM3? Armor March is the skill to make armors playable in my opinion. 

Did you sacrifice your Arvis for Def Ploy? 

Did you know Amelia is the scientific term for the birth defect of missing arms and/or legs?  It makes me wonder why Armor March is her skill.