Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

Okay, Atk Smoke is rare as a skill. I forgot which Smoke skill Takumi had.

In any case, Spd Smoke was just as rare until Takumi showed up with it. So there's precedent for those skills being added to free units, and Kaze will likely get its third level at 5*, like Takumi.

Plus, Atk Smoke is available as a seal, and unlike Distant Def, it doesn't stack with multiple copies. So it hardly seems like a big deal to make it easier to inherit.

Sometimes the seal slot is more valuable than the C slot Atk Smoke occupies. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

LYN NUMBER FUCKING FIVE?!
ARE THEY FUCKING NUTS?!

This is completely ridiculous.
If anyone of you who defends alts comes across me, I’m going to spit in their face. Repeatedly.

Well, this is a legendary banner, with a Green (Aka: Wind) Bow thematic... it was kind of obvious the character that would appear here it will ended up being Takumi or Lyn... and ended up being Lyn.

Well I figured either Takumi or her as a green bow. Yet another Lyn to the pile, and Atk/spd bond effect with 2 allies in drive range? Spd Tactic? Jesus.

I'm confused as to how banners aren't connected anymore to legendary hero ones. At least we can look on the bright side: spd tactics fodder, limited time unit (heh) and she's not taking anyone's place in a future banner, unless Mani Katti is a thing.

I'm salty, but I'll try to not have negative feelings. Gotta stay positive

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

What was the maximum pull limit before everything becomes a 5* again? Also how close is a 5.75% pity rate to that?

Nowhere near. You need 120 pulls to trigger the guaranteed 5*, 5.75% is "only" 55, so not even halfway.

Here is the first question for the twice a day quiz! The question is:

'Which of these tomes is Dime Thunder?'

If you click on the tweet, the next tweet in the chain has the options to choose for the answer. If, at the end of the quiz period, those who voted got 18 or more answers correct (majority chooses the answer), we will get 10 orbs and 500 feathers!

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Nowhere near. You need 120 pulls to trigger the guaranteed 5*, 5.75% is "only" 55, so not even halfway.

Good to know I am absolutely screwed then.

Really this has done a real number on me. I am so horribly disappointed. All this hard work saving up only to end up with nothing but trash. Do I even continue playing? Right now, it feels like I'll never pull anything remotely good again. It's just 3 and 4* Saizos all the way down. 

Just now, Nanima said:

Really this has done a real number on me. I am so horribly disappointed. All this hard work saving up only to end up with nothing but trash. Do I even continue playing? Right now, it feels like I'll never pull anything remotely good again. It's just 3 and 4* Saizos all the way down. 

Sorry to hear that. As far as I know, no one has ever hit that failsafe. It's likely so improbable that no one will ever hit it in the lifetime of the game.

I'd like to see a floating pity rate, that not just persists between banners, but that also doesn't completely get wiped out from getting one 5-star. Say something like if you're above 4* pity rate, then getting a 5-star reduces the rate by 1%, so 4.5% goes down to 3.5% and so on.

23 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Here is the first question for the twice a day quiz! The question is:

'Which of these tomes is Dime Thunder?'

If you click on the tweet, the next tweet in the chain has the options to choose for the answer. If, at the end of the quiz period, those who voted got 18 or more answers correct (majority chooses the answer), we will get 10 orbs and 500 feathers!

18 or more? Are there more questions somewhere, or will they appear later?

@Nanima really sorry to hear that, it’s happened to me, too.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Also I love how everyone was like OOOHHH GOLLLDENNN WEEEEEEEKKKKK WILLLL BEEEEE AMAAAAAZINGGGG and we are just getting same old.

I'm pretty happy with 60+ free orbs. And no actual banner to further hurt my orbs before the legendary banner

It's still way better than Christmas

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Sorry to hear that. As far as I know, no one has ever hit that failsafe. It's likely so improbable that no one will ever hit it in the lifetime of the game.

I'd like to see a floating pity rate, that not just persists between banners, but that also doesn't completely get wiped out from getting one 5-star. Say something like if you're above 4* pity rate, then getting a 5-star reduces the rate by 1%, so 4.5% goes down to 3.5% and so on.

Well, I probably won't hit it solely by virtue of not having that many orbs to spend on a single banner. If I do manage to save up 1000 orbs for the Halloween banner rerun this November, we can seriously test this theory. 

Your idea does sound nice and fair, although I doubt Intsys will implement it. The failsafe seems only there to keep the whales from mutiny.

3 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

@Nanima really sorry to hear that, it’s happened to me, too.

Thanks. Well with Golden Week and other niceties, I at least still have a shot. At least at breaking this terrible pity rate, if not at Hinoka.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm pretty happy with 60+ free orbs. And no actual banner to further hurt my orbs before the legendary banner

It's still way better than Christmas

Yeah, honestly all the free orbs, plus two free Kaze’s, is pretty amazing to me. I was worried there would be another banner.

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Thanks. Well with Golden Week and other niceties, I at least still have a shot. At least at breaking this terrible pity rate, if not at Hinoka.

Pity rates usually don’t get very high before getting a 5*, so I’m sure you’ll get one soon! I hope you get her! 

1 hour ago, TheBraveGallade said:

Shouldn't lyn be in smash at this point? Lol.

Also RIP marth. I swear if he doesn't become the next red legendary hero...

Also what the hell! When is ELISE ever going to be in a banner again!

I mean, why shouldn't she all things considered?

Why red?

Which one? The horseback or the Summer one?

57 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I really feel for you. Both me and my friend got to 5.75% before we got our Hinokas. ..and they were both +spd -atk. We were each saving up for brides but we both really like Hinoka and blew almost all the orbs we've been saving for weeks for probably the worst bane Hinoka and almost no worthwhile fodder along with it.

Hope you manage to clutch her out, though. At least even if you don't managed to get her, I feel like she'll have a good chance at being in a hero fest or legendary banner down the line, so it's not the last of her.

Edited by Alkaid

31 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Also I love how everyone was like OOOHHH GOLLLDENNN WEEEEEEEKKKKK WILLLL BEEEEE AMAAAAAZINGGGG and we are just getting same old.

I mean, lots of free orbs.

30 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

18 or more? Are there more questions somewhere, or will they appear later?

The last time they did these, there was one question each day. Based on the tweet, that's what they're doing this time, too.

20 minutes ago, Nanima said:

The failsafe seems only there to keep the whales from mutiny.

The Fate/Grand Order whales aren't mutinying despite an abysmal 1% 5-star rate split as 0.7% focus and 0.3% from the standard pool. Our 3% focus and 3% standard pool that goes up on failure are spoiling us.

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I mean, what did you expect? Last year we got Hero Fest 1 (which became this month's Legendary banner) and a bunch of orbs. 

Expecting new game modes when GC was released just a bit ago is too much.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I mean, what did you expect? Last year we got Hero Fest 1 (which became this month's Legendary banner) and a bunch of orbs. 

was expecting exactly this. I didn’t know why people expected anything else.
I didn’t expect another bloody Lyn but it’s besides the point.