Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Well then, @eclipse a user by the name of @ShouShox is doing bad stuff.

Yeah, thanks.

Can you report the post in question next time?  That way, if I'm not around, another mod can get to it.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

47 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

"Laws of Sacae" sounds weird. @Ice Dragon is that how it's supposed to be in English?

In fact, it is.

"Law" is one possible interpretation and might actually be a bit too "formal" of a word. The word used, 掟 (okite), more or less means "the rules that have been agreed upon" and can be translated based on the context to mean something as formalized as "law" or something as nebulous as "etiquette".

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yeah, thanks.

Can you report the post in question next time?  That way, if I'm not around, another mod can get to it.

You already locked the topic which the suspicious user started. It was around November. It's my fault for not mentioning to Hawking in the first place that the suspicious topic I showed him was from November

@Ice DragonThanks.

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

You already locked the topic which the suspicious user started. It was around November. It's my fault for not mentioning to Hawking in the first place that the suspicious topic I showed him was from November

@Ice DragonThanks.

It's fine!

But do keep in mind that the Report button is the "HEY MODS" beacon.  If something is truly sketchy, use it!

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Other mods? What?

They exist.  I'm just the most active~!

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I have this fear that we'll retain our GC tiers from the first event and thus only earn rewards for going up tiers 21 to 25. Someone please reassure me.

Yes. You'll retain your worthless tier in your worthless game mode, which is huge mess and disappointing like Fates's story

Just kidding. I don't know, but all I can say is that you shouldn't get your hopes up with this game

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want to see the next Legendary Hero be another Ike. Just for the hell of it.

It would not be just one Legendary Ike, but four new Ikes all wielding swords with stat distributions similar to Odin's.

Gotta clog up that red summoning pool and make it miserable for people who want to summon VL!Ike.

Spoiler

Golden week period is bountiful with orbs. I think I'm gonna cry. So beautiful

There's been a privacy policy update. Anyone know what changed?

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

But do keep in mind that the Report button is the "HEY MODS" beacon.  If something is truly sketchy, use it!

In the PM section there is no such button. How would be the best way to report something like that? 

/Edit: it's the flag. Sorry, don't mind what I wrote. 

52 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Golden week period is bountiful with orbs. I think I'm gonna cry. So beautiful

There's been a privacy policy update. Anyone know what changed?

That's what I've been asking myself as well. I'm a little worried they could monitor automated grinding. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

In the PM section there is no such button. How would be the best way to report something like that? 

It’s still there, in the same upper right corner of the box containing the post.

Bit annoying to have to beat Tap Battle Hector in hard difficulty for the quest, first time I've had to go on hard mode for anything (though I tried it a couple times during the first event). Oh well, I'll take my B rating and move on, but I'm concerned that I might not be able to beat it if the quest asks for level 100 on hard or somesuch. I've seen clear videos of that and it looked absolutely terrifying.

41 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Bit annoying to have to beat Tap Battle Hector in hard difficulty for the quest, first time I've had to go on hard mode for anything (though I tried it a couple times during the first event). Oh well, I'll take my B rating and move on, but I'm concerned that I might not be able to beat it if the quest asks for level 100 on hard or somesuch. I've seen clear videos of that and it looked absolutely terrifying.

It would be annoying to solve quests that want you to get S ratings in hard.

34 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. Nintendo announced partnership with Cygames

Is that good or bad news?

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Yeah, thanks.

oops, I didn't realize we could report PMs.

59 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Just thought it'd be interesting to post. This isn't some kind of "I'm so salty" crap

I don't consider the Grima's to be alts at all. with that said, I am totally fine with half of the new units being alts, mostly because the seasonals aren't a part of the normal summoning pool.

With like 1000 characters to choose from, I don't expect (or really want to be honest) about half of them to ever make it in. I would rather have alts of Lords and major characters than the likes of Dolph, Boah, Roger, Meg, Fiona, Heather, Wallace, Guy.

Someone who is sorely missing right now though, is Marcus. Pretty much every other Jeigan is in the game but he isn't despite being in two games.

50 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It would be annoying to solve quests that want you to get S ratings in hard.

Is that good or bad news?

It probably doesn't mean much for FEH, but Cygames makes a lot of crossover content in their games. Also, they're co-developing an action RPG

16 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I don't consider the Grima's to be alts at all. with that said, I am totally fine with half of the new units being alts, mostly because the seasonals aren't a part of the normal summoning pool.

With like 1000 characters to choose from, I don't expect (or really want to be honest) about half of them to ever make it in. I would rather have alts of Lords and major characters than the likes of Dolph, Boah, Roger, Meg, Fiona, Heather, Wallace, Guy.

Someone who is sorely missing right now though, is Marcus. Pretty much every other Jeigan is in the game but he isn't despite being in two games.

Grima is the same person, just occupying a different body. Also, Grima is kinda Robin

You're playing with fire. By this time next year there's a strong possibility of at least 8 alts of one character (most likely Lyn based on her alt release frequency). They're going to continue with this trend until Heroes dies. So expect a lot more of a small circle of characters to come. Also, Roger is the best horseman and Wallace for bald fetish representation

Makes me wonder how his stats will be. He's an Oifey in his prime so his BST won't be awful unless they go with old-man Marcus

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Also, Roger is the best horseman

Roger is an Armor. goes to show how popular/cared for he is...

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Makes me wonder how his stats will be. He's an Oifey in his prime so his BST won't be awful unless they go with old-man Marcus

I hate the extra archetypes. Jeigans are Jeigans. They include the likes of Seth and Titania as well. Some Jeigans are just good, others are god tier. In terms of this game, Jagen and Gunter have a "Veteran" BST modifier. I hope we get the good Marcus. And an alt of the old one.  In line with Seth and Titania, I expect him to have a Sapphire lance.

16 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Roger is an Armor. goes to show how popular/cared for he is...

I hate the extra archetypes. Jeigans are Jeigans. They include the likes of Seth and Titania as well. Some Jeigans are just good, others are god tier. In terms of this game, Jagen and Gunter have a "Veteran" BST modifier. I hope we get the good Marcus. And an alt of the old one.  In line with Seth and Titania, I expect him to have a Sapphire lance.

Just a Mangs reference

Archetypes follow certain concepts. So while Jagen and Oifey are both prepromotes you get at the beginning of the game (Oifey gen 2 obviously), one is gonna get benched at some point because of shitty growths and the other will be good even for the endgame. A concept of good bases/bad growths and good bases/good growths

Edited by silveraura25

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Archetypes follows certain concepts. So while Jagen and Oifey are both prepromotes you get at the beginning of the game (Oifey gen 2 obviously), one is gonna get benched at some point because of shitty growths and the other will be good even for the endgame. A concept of good bases/bad growths and good bases/good growths

I'm from the 2nd generation mentality on Jeigans where we realized that they are really good and not "exp hogs". No Jeigan should ever get benched in optimal play.

Also, I have sadly never played FE 4 or 5.

So I've got 401 orbs and I don't know what to summon for. I wanted Leif but he was color blocked, then Fates came, and now we get a Legendary banner that seems alright but contains some units I already have. I would keep saving since I need a Cynthia fund, but she will probably not be released for a while yet.

Just now, Hawk King said:

I'm from the 2nd generation mentality on Jeigans where we realized that they are really good and not "exp hogs". No Jeigan should ever get benched in optimal play.

Also, I have sadly never played FE 4 or 5.

Jagens are good, no doubt about that. And I never said that they are exp hogs. I do use them and am not afraid of "exp wasting", but their bases and reclassing can only take them so far. I used Jagen in Shadow Dragon as a dracoknight, but at some point I looked at his stats and said "gets doubled by everything, huh". I might be wrong here with the speed growth calculations (15% + 25%) and all that, but that still doesn't sound reliable going off of 8 spd (yes, stat boosters are a thing, you can use them on any unit) for the entire game. I haven't played Binding Blade so I dunno about Marcus in that game