Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

was expecting exactly this. I didn’t know why people expected anything else.
I didn’t expect another bloody Lyn but it’s besides the point.

People love to overhype flimsy theories even if we already had the precedent that Golden Week isn't really super big for FEH and neither is Christmas . The next big thing won't probably come until CYL 2 arrives, everything else will be people selling vaporware while IS tries to balance GC.

I lowkey love how Lyn caused not one but three shitstorms in the fanbase (B!Lyn being cancer in arena, Lyn losing to Camilla in a VG because multiplier and now this). 1 girl causing so much chaos is so amusing! 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

People love to overhype flimsy theories even if we already had the precedent that Golden Week isn't really super big for FEH and neither is Christmas .

Not even the first anniversary of FEH is really super big for FEH.

24 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I mean, why shouldn't she all things considered?

Why red?

Which one? The horseback or the Summer one?

Because I can't imagine marth using anything but a sword? All the legendary hero alts make sort of sence canonically.

Also of course healer elise. Green elise isn't that good anyway, I'd rather wait for a +spd nino or just use my shiny new +spd -hp olwen. And thouse two options come with blade weapons by default.

On the other hand healer elise is the single best healer in the game by a WIDE margin. I even have a genny stored up just for her to eat.

I like Lyn. I don't mind getting more of her. I honestly want a Swordmaster Lyn based on her Awakening DLC art at some point. I wouldn't mind one based on her Warriors Blade Lord model, either.

I don't even care if that floods the red pool.

Hey my hate of alts is well documented.  However don't get why so many are all cool with a half dozen Robins and other alts infesting new hero banners, but Lyn who has never encroached on a new hero banner gets all this hate.  Cause she is old?  So only new characters can have many alts?

2 minutes ago, TheBraveGallade said:

Because I can't imagine marth using anything but a sword? All the legendary hero alts make sort of sence canonically.

Also of course healer elise. Green elise isn't that good anyway, I'd rather wait for a +spd nino or just use my shiny new +spd -hp olwen. And thouse two options come with blade weapons by default.

On the other hand healer elise is the single best healer in the game by a WIDE margin. I even have a genny stored up just for her to eat.

Lodestar Marth would be nice. Especially if he came with the Fire Emblem. Would be really really nice to see Marth finally wield the Fire Emblem with Falchion

Was horseback Elise really hasn't had a banner with her in it besides the gauntlet way back then?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I can’t tell whether you’re mocking or comforting me.

I'm just as annoyed as you are about Lyn getting a fifth alt. Would rather not salt in the thread for people to be happy about Lyn, so we can be miserable together.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm just as annoyed as you are about Lyn getting a fifth alt. Would rather not salt in the thread for people to be happy about Lyn, so we can be miserable together.

Ah, got it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Being miserable together away from the people’s parade isn’t a bad idea.

Well, the problem with Lyn getting an alt right now is that the game is just over a year old and she already had four variants in the game. Meanwhile, we have characters like Marth and Alm who didn't even do that badly on the recent CYL who still don't have anything. Heck, Caeda got a bridal alt last May and I'm pretty sure Caeda's never been higher than Marth in either CYL. So it's just baffling that they'd add another Lyn so soon. I think we all expected Lyn to get another variant, just not so soon after she got her Valentine's seasonal.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah, got it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Being miserable together away from the people’s parade isn’t a bad idea.

I'm rather worried about who the next legendary hero is even going to be.

13 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

However don't get why so many are all cool with a half dozen Robins and other alts infesting new hero banners,

I think most people consider the two Robins, Corrins, Morgans, and Kanas as separate characters. Robin also has the benefit of the two most recent alts being treated by many players as Grima instead of Robin.

There are also other factors that contribute, such as

• Players being more accustomed to the addition of alts
  • Players being more accustomed to Legendary Heroes being alts
  • Players trying to not set off rage storms because it gets annoying to read through them
  • Players falling victim to confirmation bias or the availability heuristic
  • Lyn is more popular than the other characters

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, the problem with Lyn getting an alt right now is that the game is just over a year old and she already had four variants in the game.

Pikachu got an alt in the first expansion set of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm rather worried about who the next legendary hero is even going to be.

I want to see the next Legendary Hero be another Ike. Just for the hell of it.

EDIT: It looks like we have a new game update that added a new character to the Herodex. I guess that means we can expect a datamine soon for Lyn's stats.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Hey my hate of alts is well documented.  However don't get why so many are all cool with a half dozen Robins and other alts infesting new hero banners, but Lyn who has never encroached on a new hero banner gets all this hate.  Cause she is old?  So only new characters can have many alts?

But people never were? M!Grima was already getting some flack even if it was pretty small because he at least had some excuse for his existance and F!Grima got a lot of heat when she was revealed a short while after the former.

You're trying to make this a new vs old but I'm sure that if this was a 5th Lucina people would react the exact same way as they're doing with Lyn (and Lyn has a lot of favoritism, no one said anything about LA!Lyn even when she was the 4th Lyn). 

I mean, people are so salty that when Shigure was revealed they lashed out against him because they considered him an alt even if he is the original and not to mention Hinoka that only got her first alt and that was already causing people to swear that Reina is dead.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pikachu got an alt in the first expansion set of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.

I don't follow the Pokemon Trading Card Game enough to comment on this or if the circumstances are different at all. That said, Pikachu is pretty much the official mascot for Pokemon and has consistently been present in the anime. Lyn ... isn't the official mascot for Fire Emblem. Nor has she even had more appearances than all other FE lords either.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want to see the next Legendary Hero be another Ike. Just for the hell of it.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

no one said anything about LA!Lyn even when she was the 4th Lyn

To be fair, I think half of it is the fact that seasonal banners are expected to be alts and the other half of it is the fact that it came with an Eliwood and Hector alt that made the Lyn alt make sense.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't follow the Pokemon Trading Card Game enough to comment on this or if the circumstances are different at all.

It's not 100% relatable, but I'm sure someone has compiled a list of all of the Pokémon and the exact number of alternate versions each one has.

I'm sure there are some significant discrepancies between the number of alts for different Pokémon, and I have a vague recollection of Kadabra having the fewest releases (allegedly due to intellectual property disputes) despite being a Generation 1 Pokémon (excluding new Pokémon that haven't had the time to catch up in release counts).

HAHAHA, this game is making me like Lyn more and more.

Also, Lyn Emblem is best Emblem. She now has all colors covered. And you can run team buffs with the Tactics skills.

I wish I was whale enough to +10 all five versions of her.

The needs to be a Lyngendary banner with all of the Lyns on it. This banner should have done that...

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

The needs to be a Lyngendary banner with all of the Lyns on it. This banner should have done that...

Shhh. Don't you know? Puns trigger Vax

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Sure, mock me more. Why not.

Nanana. I'm not mocking. I just remembered you get triggered by puns. You're probably in a bad mood already so I don't want you to experience groans of immense displeasure with puns