Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I foddered off my only Hector to Myrrh. ;):

My only Anamnesis Eirika got betrayed by her bestie (original Tana) for Swift Sparrow and Rally Atk/Spd. And no, you can't prove that I egged Tana on to do it. Nope.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't start appreciating Micaiah until Corrin (and, to some extent, Robin) existed.

That said, PoR!Ike > Micaiah ≥ RD!Ike

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

The one good thing Corrin did was vindicate Micaiah in the fandom.

I guess that is a common trend with the fandom; (funny enough; I wasn't a Micaiah fan until 2015 xD)

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

“Father of Sothe’s children” is still the single best line in the whole series. Bless Micaiah and her sassy tongue. We needed more of that.

Micaiah already shows us before finishing her line that she doesn't have problems to show some agressiveness towards Ike; and make that go into a joke, makes everything better hahaha xD.

Edited by Troykv

Now that I've looked again, it took a whole year and a half for us to finally get a name for the effect of "Def/Res +2 when being attacked" that's been in the game since launch.

It's called Bracing Stance, and of course it was put on a unit who barely has any bulk to take advantage of it.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Now that I've looked again, it took a whole year and a half for us to finally get a name for the effect of "Def/Res +2 when being attacked" that's been in the game since launch.

It's called Bracing Stance, and of course it was put on a unit who barely has any bulk to take advantage of it.

I thought the community was already using that terminology due to Bracing Blow?

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It also got to be both introduced and get immediately added to the general summoning pool while Bracing Blow is still shackled to Devoted Monster Jakob.

Edited by Tybrosion

12 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I thought the community was already using that terminology due to Bracing Blow?

Probably? I don't really know, there's also the issue of certain Stance skills not sharing the same name as their Blow counterpart (Kestrel, Steady, and Death are the ones I can remember immediately).

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It also got to be both introduced and get immediately added to the general summoning pool while Bracing Blow is still shackled to Devoted Monster Jakob.

Heh heh shackled to Jakob

Well of course, for Olivia is free to dance in the skies from Nifl to Muspell, while Jakob is still trying to leave the castle doorsteps. It only makes sense for the passive skills they introduce to match

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Heh heh shackled to Jakob

Well of course, for Olivia is free to dance in the skies from Nifl to Muspell, while Jakob is still trying to leave the castle doorsteps. It only makes sense for the passive skills they introduce to match

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised about them neglecting Bracing Blow since it almost took them a year to get Swift Strike into the regular summoning pool (and it was on a unit that it only halfway fits stats-wise).

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So I alluded to this earlier in the pull topic, but this was what become of my spare Micaiah and spare F!Morgan assuming anyone cared and I most certainly regret nothing.

[...]

His refinement is going to have to wait, since Maribelle needed her Wrathful refine a bit more. Now if could just get Mist, I'll have the still embarrassingly tiny Tellius section of the catalog 100% complete.

Wow, he is looking good. Serpent tome is a good idea for him, too bad it's so rare. I wait with his promotion until I'll get pity broken by a strange tome myself. 

8 hours ago, Korath88 said:

It just occurred to me that a def refined reprisal lance+ is outright better than Shiro's bright naginata outside of arena scoring.

14 mt, +6 Atk, +4 Def and +5 HP vs

16 mt, +4 Atk and +4 Def

I wouldn't mind a refinement for him, perhaps something that helps him becoming a mixed phase unit. 

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I foddered off my only Hector to Myrrh. ;):

Fine by me, let opinions and cold gameplay plans be as they are. I was more silly mad with Oliver being the one doing the snacking, it being Micaiah only added a little appropriate Telliusian fuel to the cacafuego.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

My only Anamnesis Eirika got betrayed by her bestie (original Tana) for Swift Sparrow and Rally Atk/Spd. And no, you can't prove that I egged Tana on to do it. Nope.

Of course you didn't. Tana got jealous the day L'Arachel let Eirika into her royal chambers, but not her. Tana didn't betray, Eirika is the one who betrayed by abandoning her for that overzealous Raustenian witch.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

“Father of Sothe’s children” is still the single best line in the whole series. Bless Micaiah and her sassy tongue. We needed more of that.

Then find out who translated/localized RD, since the Japanese doesn't have that line. In Japan it's a dramatic, exaggerated drawing out of Ike and his achievements. The ellipses in her version of this apparently is supposed to indicate reluctance on her part to speak of Ike, as in "Ike the Savior of Crimea  *sigh*" basically Micaiah is in tone like "Sothe has to bring up Ike again. This has only been the tenth time today." Micaiah is mumbling her inner thoughts that don't exactly like Ike aloud. The English localization condenses the meaning/spirit behind this into a biting line of sarcasm, brilliantly if you ask me.

You see, FE can have good localizations! 

Oh, I should deserve some credit for saying that Bruno/Zacharias was working alongside Vergil... I mean, Hrid. 

Now that its confirmed he’s a sword unit, I wonder what class he’ll be. Before I would have guess sword flier, but since L!Ryoma exists, it would be a bit redundant. L!Ike also makes me think he won’t be infantry either. My best guess is that he’ll be calvary, though if the Christmas banner and Grima taught me anything, he could be an armored unit as anyone can have a flimsy enough reason to be one. I’d prefer the latter case, seeing as out of the five armored swords we have, about half are limited. The former seems more likely however. Then there’s the possibility IS could go “Screw it, let’s make him a flier”, I guess.

6 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Oh, I should deserve some credit for saying that Bruno/Zacharias was working alongside Vergil... I mean, Hrid. 

Now that its confirmed he’s a sword unit, I wonder what class he’ll be. Before I would have guess sword flier, but since L!Ryoma exists, it would be a bit redundant. L!Ike also makes me think he won’t be infantry either. My best guess is that he’ll be calvary, though if the Christmas banner and Grima taught me anything, he could be an armored unit as anyone can have a flimsy enough reason to be one. I’d prefer the latter case, seeing as out of the five armored swords we have, about half are limited. The former seems more likely however. Then there’s the possibility IS could go “Screw it, let’s make him a flier”, I guess.

I was theorizing he'd be an armor. If you notice, his clothing looks heavily padded, adding to his buffness.

Spoiler

Libra's in-game data shows him with spur atk/res 3 at 4 star rarity. If he's the one who'll drop, you'll be able to easily get this skill. I guess I'll mention Sumia just in case. Close Def 3 for her

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

Libra's in-game data shows him with spur atk/res 3 at 4 star rarity. If he's the one who'll drop, you'll be able to easily get this skill. I guess I'll mention Sumia just in case. Close Def 3 for her

Spoiler

It might be because we fight them at not-5*-levels in story mode? In which, it dictates the skills we encounter them at and not what their demotion stats are?

22 minutes ago, silverserpent said:
  Hide contents

It might be because we fight them at not-5*-levels in story mode? In which, it dictates the skills we encounter them at and not what their demotion stats are?

I just got the info from this page so I dunno: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/User:Moydow/Heroes_skills_by_rarity

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then find out who translated/localized RD, since the Japanese doesn't have that line. In Japan it's a dramatic, exaggerated drawing out of Ike and his achievements. The ellipses in her version of this apparently is supposed to indicate reluctance on her part to speak of Ike, as in "Ike the Savior of Crimea  *sigh*" basically Micaiah is in tone like "Sothe has to bring up Ike again. This has only been the tenth time today." Micaiah is mumbling her inner thoughts that don't exactly like Ike aloud. The English localization condenses the meaning/spirit behind this into a biting line of sarcasm, brilliantly if you ask me.

You see, FE can have good localizations! 

Yet another stellar Treehouse localization. 

9 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Just asking for people who is in tier  20, is it all armors there? 

746+ is pretty much all armors and Legendary Heroes (and Gen 2 trainees). Below that, no.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Just asking for people who is in tier 20, is it all armors there? 

It's more about the score range. If you're already hitting about 704+, I might be off slightly, then you're already seeing them. The cutoff for staying in tier 20 varies each week, but it's around 730+ for each of your battles. There are a lot of armors to justify running at least one armor effective weapon as if you encounter an armor there's a very huge chance that the entire team is one, but you can also see heavily invested infantry/fliers. It seems that most have gotten the memo that trying to run an entire team of EP dragons for your defense teams isn't such a good idea, but people do add them to other teams for PP/EP balance. The armors I meet don't have Aether and other expensive SP skills, which is why a pleb like me sees them often enough.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It's more about the score range. If you're already hitting about 704+, I might be off slightly, then you're already seeing them. The cutoff for staying in tier 20 varies each week, but it's around 730+ for each of your battles. There are a lot of armors to justify running at least one armor effective weapon as if you encounter an armor there's a very huge chance that the entire team is one, but you can also see heavily invested infantry/fliers. It seems that most have gotten the memo that trying to run an entire team of EP dragons for your defense teams isn't such a good idea, but people do add them to other teams for PP/EP balance. The armors I meet don't have Aether and other expensive SP skills, which is why a pleb like me sees them often enough.

I see, I am just wondering since there is also the fact that ranged units got BST penalties, are there even non-armor ranged units there? 

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I see, I am just wondering since there is also the fact that ranged units got BST penalties, are there even non-armor ranged units there? 

Again, it’s about the score range. T19.5 pleb like me with score range of about 704~718 sees Nino, Summer Tana, Bride Ninian, Micaiah, Deirdre, Julia, Bride Cordelia, Valentine’s Lyn… and that’s what I could remember this week. Oh, and Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, of course.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tormod is a splendidly good character to me, for whom the immature-wanting-to-be-physically-mature gimmick makes up no more than ten of his lines between two games.

I wouldn't say he's that great because he's absent in part 3 despite there being a continental war going on. He went to Gallia with Nailah yet Nailah has presence in part 3 and Tormod doesn't. He's pretty hyper active so why does he not care? A character who fails to have presence in an important part seems kind of flat to me. 

13 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I didn't start appreciating Micaiah until Corrin (and, to some extent, Robin) existed.

Similarly, I started to appreciate Ike after playing Binding Blade recently. 

Edited by Icelerate