Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, XRay said:

They are actually pretty easy if you have already invested in them, healers in particular have no problem wiping the floor with Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow, although I guess anyone with investment would be easy to use too.

ooh interesting. i have some camillas to offer up in sacrifice for savage blow. :) 
I'm hoping eventually i can get a Priscilla. (and then obviously the Maribelle/Elise). I love calvary healers.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, XRay said:

They are actually pretty easy if you have already invested in them, healers in particular have no problem wiping the floor with Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow, although I guess anyone with investment would be easy to use too.

Yeah, but without investment, it's hard because healers only do much damage when they're 5 star and have a Wrathful refine or have inherited Wrathful Staff 3 from a Genny...

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why do they keep putting healers in these three heroes quests? They're so annoying to use in them.

Sent a friend request. I put a 4* +3 Clarine as my lead if you are interested. It's not the best, but it would save you from having to train one.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Sent a friend request. I put a 4* +3 Clarine as my lead if you are interested. It's not the best, but it would save you from having to train one.

Thanks, but I'd only be able to use your Clarine in the rival domains and I'm not a big fan of it. I'll just do my best to use the free 3 star...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks, but I'd only be able to use your Clarine in the rival domains and I'm not a big fan of it. I'll just do my best to use the free 3 star...

That's true, you would have to use Rival Domains. Fortify/Hone cavalry makes it easier.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ooh interesting. i have some camillas to offer up in sacrifice for savage blow. :) 
I'm hoping eventually i can get a Priscilla. (and then obviously the Maribelle/Elise). I love calvary healers.

Yeah, most of my 5* healers have Refined Pain+, Wrathful Staff/Dazzling Dtaff, and Savage Blow and they are pretty good. They are not as good as Firesweep archers in my opinion, since Firesweep archers can abuse Dance/Sing-Reposition while healers cannot, but healers can still get the job done most of the time. They are very useful in Arena Assault since they can shut down any difficult Enemy Phase enemies by disabling their counter attacks.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yeah, most of my 5* healers have Refined Pain+, Wrathful Staff/Dazzling Dtaff, and Savage Blow and they are pretty good. They are not as good as Firesweep archers in my opinion, since Firesweep archers can abuse Dance/Sing-Reposition while healers cannot, but healers can still get the job done most of the time. They are very useful in Arena Assault since they can shut down any difficult Enemy Phase enemies by disabling their counter attacks.

hmmm i don't have any of that. (no wrath staff/dazzle staff). i do have some who have pain. so that's a plan. i have to play in refinment too. 

7 minutes ago, Tree said:

@Ice Dragon

Not sure why it was posted twice. Can you delete this post or who should I ask?

Colloquially called "Galeforce". We normally don't bother getting rid of the posts because it happens pretty often. Most of the time, people just edit the post to be blank and we leave it at that.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Colloquially called "Galeforce". We normally don't bother getting rid of the posts because it happens pretty often. Most of the time, people just edit the post to be blank and we leave it at that.

Ok, I'll mark it as a "Galeforce" post then. :):

@Anacybele, just use any healer with Pain+ (dazzling refine), Savaje Blow, Savaje Blow to babysit the kills to Clarine/Odin/A!Tiki, even at  3* they should be able to kill a unit with 1 HP.

I used this:

Unit/Dancer/Dancer/Lucius 

Lucius comes with Pain+. If not, you could try with a 4* Lucius with regular Pain, avoiding to attack ranged physical units. He comes with Miracle too, which could help if he doesn't have a refine. If you don't like Lucius, Azama also comes with Pain. In that case, avoid mages instead of bow/daggers. Reseting the train tower and previewing the enemies makes this easier too. Dancers doesn't need to boost stats, but if you can give them as a Sacred Seal Hone Attack/Spur Attack/Drive Attack, even at level 1, that helps. 

I can't wait until i get better at this game, because i got all the "A Way Home" orbs, but i had to use my Light's blessings to actually secure the "all allies must survive" crap. so then i had to do the Black Knight mission to get the 3 back (that i spent) - and it took forever - but i finally was able to do it with Axe-Ephriam (so happy i picked him in my CYL-2 for free), L!Tiki, Ike and Hosh!Micaiah. 

Now i have to figure out how to score high in arena. 

57 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@Anacybele, just use any healer with Pain+ (dazzling refine), Savaje Blow, Savaje Blow to babysit the kills to Clarine/Odin/A!Tiki, even at  3* they should be able to kill a unit with 1 HP.

I used this:

Unit/Dancer/Dancer/Lucius 

Lucius comes with Pain+. If not, you could try with a 4* Lucius with regular Pain, avoiding to attack ranged physical units. He comes with Miracle too, which could help if he doesn't have a refine. If you don't like Lucius, Azama also comes with Pain. In that case, avoid mages instead of bow/daggers. Reseting the train tower and previewing the enemies makes this easier too. Dancers doesn't need to boost stats, but if you can give them as a Sacred Seal Hone Attack/Spur Attack/Drive Attack, even at level 1, that helps. 

Yeah, I don't have a Pain+ healer, unfortunately. I do plan to make one someday though.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't have a Pain+ healer, unfortunately. I do plan to make one someday though.

Well, as I said, you can do it with a 4* healer with regular pain (not +), as long as you avoid ranged units in the training tower ?

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I can't wait until i get better at this game, because i got all the "A Way Home" orbs, but i had to use my Light's blessings to actually secure the "all allies must survive" crap. so then i had to do the Black Knight mission to get the 3 back (that i spent) - and it took forever - but i finally was able to do it with Axe-Ephriam (so happy i picked him in my CYL-2 for free), L!Tiki, Ike and Hosh!Micaiah. 

Now i have to figure out how to score high in arena. 

As you keep getting more units all that stuff will get easier for you, so you'll get there. I remember some of the lunatic Chain Challenges(especially the Echoes-based ones) being tough on a lot of people (myself included) when they came out. Going back to them now, they're easy with how my unit selection has expanded and my main units have gotten stronger with more merges.

For arena, merges are the number one thing. As a F2P or low-spending player, I'd focus on at least 3 units you like that are 3-4* rarity and invest in merging and building those. Armored units are your best bet for maximizing score, but honestly I'd say just go with your favorites, especially with things like Duel skills coming out now. That way no matter how the arena meta or scoring system gets shaken around you won't regret having invested into those units if they're favorites anyway. That said, in the meantime cutting out dancers, cavalry and ranged units from your arena team in favor of armors, melee infantry and fliers will be your best bet.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

As you keep getting more units all that stuff will get easier for you, so you'll get there. I remember some of the lunatic Chain Challenges(especially the Echoes-based ones) being tough on a lot of people (myself included) when they came out. Going back to them now, they're easy with how my unit selection has expanded and my main units have gotten stronger with more merges.

For arena, merges are the number one thing. As a F2P or low-spending player, I'd focus on at least 3 units you like that are 3-4* rarity and invest in merging and building those. Armored units are your best bet for maximizing score, but honestly I'd say just go with your favorites, especially with things like Duel skills coming out now. That way no matter how the arena meta or scoring system gets shaken around you won't regret having invested into those units if they're favorites anyway. That said, in the meantime cutting out dancers, cavalry and ranged units from your arena team in favor of armors, melee infantry and fliers will be your best bet.

thanks for that. i think that's my issue. i usually run with Lewyn, Ishtar, Hosh!Micaiah and the person who needs to get the bonus.I figured out about how the sacred seals work - so that helped near the end.  so obviously level 19 needs more than that LOL. i am going to start creating a 4* merged super team of the units i get the most so thanks for that :) while i work on my other pieces. 

34 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

thanks for that. i think that's my issue. i usually run with Lewyn, Ishtar, Hosh!Micaiah and the person who needs to get the bonus.I figured out about how the sacred seals work - so that helped near the end.  so obviously level 19 needs more than that LOL. i am going to start creating a 4* merged super team of the units i get the most so thanks for that :) while i work on my other pieces. 

Base stat totals matter a lot too, which is why armors and trainee units (and now we have units like Legendary Tiki who are armored AND trainees so they hit a new high of 180 BST) score better than ranged units and dancers who have the lower stat totals. BUT, with Duel skills you can bring applicable units to a BST range (170) which is closer to armors. Now you can have a ranged infantry like Soren or Nino score on par with a unit like Sheena, who is the go-to F2P green armor to merge for arena score.

That's also part of why I say go for favorites regardless now, since if your favorite had been, say, Caeda, but to get a high arena score you built a +10 Draug before.. well now we got Red Duel Fliers that makes Caeda score as much or even a little more than him. I know you're not deep into things enough yet for that to be much issue for you, but it's just a heads up for considering how you might want to use your resources as you go along.

For now, it sounds like your best bet for pushing your score would be using your CYL Ephraim, Legendary Tiki, another melee unit and whatever your bonus is. Oh and yeah, sacred seals will increase your score some too, since skills and their SP value counts into arena score, and a seal is basically an extra skill slot, so it helps a bit too.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

It's worth noting that you can reach Tier 20 using 4*+10 heroes, including ranged cavalry units, who are among the lowest potential scoring units (ranged dancers being the lowest).

These two units, for instance, have the exact same Arena score value:

5bbbf216212a2_scorecompare1.thumb.jpg.5b6ecab16f563dd288e9668c389b2d02.jpg

Now, Black Knight comes with a lot of high scoring skills (particularly Blank Luna), so it would take a bit of SI for Cecilia to keep up in that sense, but not more than most other units would need to reach their highest score potential. Of course, it would be better in the long term to promote Cecilia if I wanted to use her in my core team, but for the short term, she's good enough to get great rewards with little cost.

33 minutes ago, Johann said:

particularly Blank Luna

This typo is very amusing to me for some reason. :p

Anyway, with the next banner coming up, it means Nohrian Dusk will end and Silas would likely be demoted. Probably. Maybe. Watch it be nobody or Nina instead.

Silas would actually be able to prevent spooky Myrrh's Spirit Breath defense check follow-up effect and possibly natural follow-up if spooky Myrrh's not fast which she probably won't be considering regular Myrrh has 25 base neutral speed and the developers probably would keep it that way or dumped her speed even more to make her even bulkier and spookier. Silas had 24 base neutral speed, so she'd need >= 29 speed to double him and if he's -Spd, she'd need >= 26 speed. If Myrrh's total defense before buffs is actually 50, then Spirit Breath would not work on anyone with >= 46 defense. =Def Silas hits 42 defense with his default Steady Stance 3, so he only needs 4 more defense from a buff or a defense refine. His default Slaying Spear would be effective against her letting him with =Atk do 37 damage if she had 50 total defense and she has 46 HP, so she'd die in two hits or with a +6 attack buff. If you wanted him to tank her, then he could go for defense refined Berkut's Lance where not only would he be able to prevent her from doubling him with Spirit Breath, but he'd also be able to take her hits better, especially if he's +Res. The downside is if she really does have 50 total defense, then Silas would only do 8 damage to her without Slaying Spear; (35 base + 14 Mt) + (35 base + 14 Mt) * 0.2 = 58 - 50 (spooky Myrrh's supposed defense) = 8.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The update is available for iOS, and I can say that Abyssal doesn't save Narcian's map from being completely trivialized by fliers.

Can confirm it's also available on Android. Well, for me at least.

Edit: And the list of Pavise, Shield Pulse abusers grow.

Edited by Kaden

Solitary Blade is straight-up sword Basilikos.

Vidofnir's refine changes its effect to also include dragonstone users and makes the buff Def/Res+7. It's refine effect grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat as long as Tana is within two spaces of an infantry or armored ally.

Nidhogg's refine effect is magic and dragon foes can't counterattack.

Edited by Tybrosion

Oh my lands Nidhogg's refine is awesome and makes Innes a great match for his boyfriend Ephraim! So sorry Felicia and Corrin, you're going to have to wait even longer for your refines because Innes just became top priority.

I've got 60 Divine Dew and 150 Refining Stones so I think I'll be able to manage squeaking out his refine, but I've still got to choose carefully which three regular units' weapons to upgrade.

I hate being so low on dew, stones, and medals but that's what I get for not messing with arena. That and just having refined 3 other perfect weapons (Eliwood, Eldigan, and Ephraim haha).

Neutral Lon'qu with unique refined Solitary Blade and L&D3 would have 48/55/49/12/12. 60 total or 36x2 mixed bulk where a health bane would drop it to 57 total or 33x2 mixed bulk and a defense or resistance bane would only drop the weaker stat to that. If you go +Atk on him, he'd have 58/49 offenses while +Spd which is probably overkill in most cases would give him 55/52 offenses.

I know I harp on Pavise, Shield Pulse a lot, but Lon'qu has a ton of health to make it work, especially if you keep his HP neutral. That said, Shield Pulse is incredibly rare. Otherwise, he can probably run whatever builds Linus and Raven usually do with Basilikos. He's essentially a +Spd, -Atk and sword version of them.

Edit: FEH Lite's audio makes everyone sound like they're in Star Fox: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9mkl2v/feh_in_lite_mode/.

Edited by Kaden

Looks like Dorcas might be busted af for a freebie. Saw something saying 49/41/low speed don’t remember/37/21. If it’s true, he will be great. Supposedly an armor as well. 

Edited by Tolvir