Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Man, going back to Lyn with the Mani Katti, that's something I'd also like to see in Heroes. I'm just worried about the backlash it could bring. It sucks so hard that characters suddenly get hated because IS decides to advertise them more. I know I've complained about my fair share of alts, too, but I dunno, seems like that complain train should be old and tired at this point in the game.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Echidna somehow showed up as a 4* freebie from one of the new banners today. I don't remember if it was the 3rd Anniversary Chrom & Lissa BHB revival banner or the New Power banner. Regardless, I finally have Echidna and she was one of the fastest instant promotes. Helped that she showed up as +Spd, -HP. I just need ten more copies of her.

With how long it took for one Echidna to show up, part of me feels like this won't be happening anytime soon. Or a M!Morgan incident will occur where a floodgate suddenly opens. After his banner was over where he did show up as a summon for me, it was like M!Morgan, M!Morgan, M!Morgan, and M!Morgan. Initially, 4* copies since that was the lowest rarity he was, but then 3* M!Morgans showed up. I think he was was the fastest accumulation of a 4* unit and the first 4* unit to reach ten copies as a manual. The others, particularly older units, took time to get to ten copies as manuals, but I remember checking one day and seeing him at ten copies while others were below that.

Hm... pay a little under $10usd a month for a service for a game I've already swore not to spend money on anymore unless it's VERY urgent and don't even play all that dedicatedly anymore, or spend $16usd for a year of Pokemon HOME Premium services, a game which supports the game that was part of the reason why I stopped caring so much about FEH.

...well that was an easy decision!

Not gonna lie. I just saw a pretty sweet resplendent Lyn visit my castle and almost busted my wallet right there and then for mine too. Gah, why must Lyn be the first unit this happens too? Must... stay... strong and resist.

In other news, I wish other units types could learn infantry breath. I don't want them to benefit from it, just be able to carry it so that the actual infantry units can benefit from it. I just want to make Kaden into an even godlier support than he already is.

How the hell are you supposed to clear the CC for paralogues 29 and 40? These fucking armors are so stupidly bulky that my best Falchion users can't even take out Christmas Sothis in two hits. Bullshit.

My team of Brave Ike, RD Ike, NY Alfonse + Sharena, and Peony can't clear these either. They get absolutely slaughtered for some reason even though they were completely sweeping these things before. I don't understand this.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How the hell are you supposed to clear the CC for paralogues 29 and 40? These fucking armors are so stupidly bulky that my best Falchion users can't even take out Christmas Sothis in two hits. Bullshit.

My team of Brave Ike, RD Ike, NY Alfonse + Sharena, and Peony can't clear these either. They get absolutely slaughtered for some reason even though they were completely sweeping these things before. I don't understand this.

The reason your best falchion users can't take out Christmas, is because Sothis isn't hurt by Falchions. 
What you need is a good armoursmasher, or someone who can hit hard enough to bypass her Res. (Or can set up a good OHKO). 
Elincia might be able to do it if you have her stacked w/Swift Sparrowness

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

The reason your best falchion users can't take out Christmas, is because Sothis isn't hurt by Falchions. 
What you need is a good armoursmasher, or someone who can hit hard enough to bypass her Res. (Or can set up a good OHKO). 
Elincia might be able to do it if you have her stacked w/Swift Sparrowness

Why? She's a dragon and doesn't have any skills that negate weakness to dragon slaying weapons. I know because I have a Christmas Sothis myself. ...Maybe I should use her, actually...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why? She's a dragon and doesn't have any skills that negate weakness to dragon slaying weapons. I know because I have a Christmas Sothis myself. ...Maybe I should use her, actually...

Yes she does, her weapon disables effectiveness against dragon weakness. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ana...

"32px-Icon_Class_Green_Beast.png?itok=Gfb Snow's GraceNeutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP >= 50%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res."

That includes Falchion, Naga (thus Julia/Deidre are out), Naga's Divine thingy,  Any Tiki. 

So again. you need to use someone who can Quad (or have an armoursmasher/hammer weapon) or who can beat her in speed and OHKO her). 

I've read her weapon description before, I don't remember that being there... Well, I guess I don't have any units that can kill her here then. Out of my hundreds of 5 star units. That's ridiculous. Since my best armor killers are blue or green, not red. And generally slow.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've read her weapon description before, I don't remember that being there... Well, I guess I don't have any units that can kill her here then. Out of my hundreds of 5 star units. That's ridiculous. Since my best armor killers are blue or green, not red. And generally slow.

Again. Elincia should quad. you have a +atk one, I remember
tactics should give her more atk/spd/(more importantly res)
Heck even triangle advantage in the Aslot should work to give her 20 percent more damage). 

Just give that free horse Eirika everyone got a Redblade tome and +6 horse buffs

If you have an Alm with a refined weapon and a hone attack should be able to do it. Even without dragon effectiveness I was able to defeat winter Sothis with him. And mine isn't even +Atk and also didnt have deathblow. Only Fury 3

CYL Micaiah can probably one shot too with buffs*

Maybe 👀

I haven't calculated that

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Again. Elincia should quad. you have a +atk one, I remember
tactics should give her more atk/spd/(more importantly res)
Heck even triangle advantage in the Aslot should work to give her 20 percent more damage).

I don't know where you got that idea, I've never had a +Atk Elincia. Mine is +Spd.

Anyway, I finally did it this time. My own Sothis did kind of help, though she was killed by the time I reached the final map. Still, Brave Ike was actually able to take a hit from her and do enough damage to let Reinhardt finish her off with his special.

Edited by Anacybele

Up to 645 orbs now. This might be all I can get other than a few more TT orbs before Greil's Devoted returns. I'd stay up and start pulling for my GD Ike merges tonight at 2AM when it officially drops again, but I have to be up early for class in the morning. >_<

But I love that I was able to save up this much for it! I should get a bunch of merges, even if I don't quite reach +10 before I'd have to start spending money. ^^

If I get any pitybreakers, I hope I get Igrene. She's really good and I don't have a red bow.

Edited by Anacybele

Can I just gush about how wholesome New Year's Corrin is? There's just something about Cam Clarke's delivery that makes him sound like he wants to be your best friend. He just wants the best for everyone, his outfit is a gift from Mikoto, and he even has a little Lillith charm! Phew! Had to get that out of my system.

There are a lot of units that can deal with W Sothis.

• Legendary Marth: he doesn't do eff against damage, but Binding Shield still works on Sothis.
  • Palla and Est: both Whitewings can deal with her. Palla as a TA sword, and attack twice thanks to her refinement, and even as a blue unit Est can do eff against armor damage twice as well.
  • Brave Celica. Double Lion is very effective in this situation, especially if Celica has Armorsmasher. I still uses mine with Royal Sword.
  • Any red armor killer will help. I have Spring Palla for Surtr/Sothis cases
12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

if only I had a +10 Brave Ike to destroy everything in my path 

if you buy orbs packs like she did, you will have one

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know where you got that idea, I've never had a +Atk Elincia. Mine is +Spd.

Anyway, I finally did it this time. My own Sothis did kind of help, though she was killed by the time I reached the final map. Still, Brave Ike was actually able to take a hit from her and do enough damage to let Reinhardt finish her off with his special.

potato, pohtato. she's fast and she can quad LOL. i knew you had a good IV Sothis. 
I'm glad you figured it out though. 

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

if only I had a +10 Brave Ike to destroy everything in my path 

One of each blade mage, a quad Brave archer, and 3 Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers will pretty much handle almost anything the game throws at you on the PvE side for a much cheaper price since everything you need is available in the 3*/4* pool. If you really want to go premium, there is VS!Azura, but that is pretty much it.

After you get BH!Ike to +10, you still need Distant Counter and ideally Null C-Disrupt and BH!Lucina, and I am not sure if it can easily destroy everything on Abyssal.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

potato, pohtato. she's fast and she can quad LOL. i knew you had a good IV Sothis. 

Not sure if Elincia can quad Sothis... But you can try It. Maybe with some Goad Fliers units around... And with Chill Spd to debuff Sothis.

It's still a hard thing, but it's possible if you believe in yourself!

Something just now occurred to me.

Brave Ike's Attack is very high.
Brave Lucina provides a Breath effect to Ike.
Ranulf provides extra Atk and Def just by being near someone from his weapon alone. Alternatively, Ninian is a Dancer.
Legendary Eliwood grants +6 to all stats AND Bonus Doubler to the ally unit with the highest Atk, so long as there is a Beast or Dragon deployed as well.

...as fun as that sounds, Brave Ike ruined the game for me, why do I need to make it even worse...?

20 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Can I just gush about how wholesome New Year's Corrin is? There's just something about Cam Clarke's delivery that makes him sound like he wants to be your best friend. He just wants the best for everyone, his outfit is a gift from Mikoto, and he even has a little Lillith charm! Phew! Had to get that out of my system.

Honestly that sounds about right for the character of Corrin.

Not that that's a bad thing, though I'd say someone like Corrin really doesn't belong in a game where you are forced to kill/watch die your own family and precious friends no matter what path you take...

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

My Sothis is neutral, actually. lol So she doesn't have either good or bad IVs.

And yeah, me too. I've now cleared all lunatic chain challenges for real. I still have one more Squad Assault though, that one with the stupid BK map and all. I'm still afraid to try it again. xP

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not sure if Elincia can quad Sothis... But you can try It. Maybe with some Goad Fliers units around... And with Chill Spd to debuff Sothis.

It's still a hard thing, but it's possible if you believe in yourself!

I am tempted to try this now. I actually don't run goad fliers (sicne I am eventually going to build Palla). 
but maybe peony can help with this. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

One of each blade mage, a quad Brave archer, and 3 Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers will pretty much handle almost anything the game throws at you on the PvE side for a much cheaper price since everything you need is available in the 3*/4* pool. If you really want to go premium, there is VS!Azura, but that is pretty much it.

After you get BH!Ike to +10, you still need Distant Counter and ideally Null C-Disrupt and BH!Lucina, and I am not sure if it can easily destroy everything on Abyssal.

I don't think i have any unit outside of those who actually came with it. (so Green Olwen) running a blade tome. 
I think i even run Glenpir and Invaldi on Eirika and L'Arachel. I never saw the need for blade tomes. I usually just use people's prfs or what they came with (ie: I'm not changing FMorgan's tome (even though it's great for her esp. for me since my copy is +1 +Res), because I like that she has DD3 build in and can now run double Mirror Strike

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

My Sothis is neutral, actually. lol So she doesn't have either good or bad IVs.

And yeah, me too. I've now cleared all lunatic chain challenges for real. I still have one more Squad Assault though, that one with the stupid BK map and all. I'm still afraid to try it again. xP

Elincia. (my brain is noodle soup today, sorry Ana). 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Up to 645 orbs now. This might be all I can get other than a few more TT orbs before Greil's Devoted returns. I'd stay up and start pulling for my GD Ike merges tonight at 2AM when it officially drops again, but I have to be up early for class in the morning. >_<

But I love that I was able to save up this much for it! I should get a bunch of merges, even if I don't quite reach +10 before I'd have to start spending money. ^^

If I get any pitybreakers, I hope I get Igrene. She's really good and I don't have a red bow.

well she'll have a banner (more than Likely) at the end of the month - but I really do enjoy Igrene. I'll not be pulling for merges, she's one of those "OH YAY I GOT ANOTHER COPY!" people - though i am thinking if i want to kill one for Ophelia (for Pulse Smoke + LND4).

Good Luck Ikehunting!

32 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Elincia. (my brain is noodle soup today, sorry Ana). 

well she'll have a banner (more than Likely) at the end of the month - but I really do enjoy Igrene. I'll not be pulling for merges, she's one of those "OH YAY I GOT ANOTHER COPY!" people - though i am thinking if i want to kill one for Ophelia (for Pulse Smoke + LND4).

Good Luck Ikehunting!

Oh lol. No prob.

Yeah, true. But I may want orbs for the New Heroes banner since there's a good chance Sain and/or Wil are on it.

But thanks!

Edited by Anacybele