Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Well, nice to see that my vote to Legendary Ninian might not have been a total waste.

Meanwhile, the Edelgard simps continue to not give a single shit about anything. I can't wait for the next AHR where we'll see Academy Edelgard sneak into the Top 20 because of the busted refine she is probably getting in the not-to-distant future.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Literally only one of those Edelgards is a limited unit. Both Fallen and Brave Edelgard already invaded the AHR VG in previous years!

What the actual fuck is wrong with Edelgard voters?

What it really comes down to is that folk on places like SF or reddit make up a very small portion of the FEH playerbase. Edelgard is a popular character, Brave Edelgard is a strong unit that most players are likely going to have come into contact with, and despite the fact that Fallen Edelgard hasn't been a problematic unit for a long time now, everyone and their mom, dog, and dog's mom still uses her as the unit build meterstick. A more casual player who doesn't have a specific unit in mind and cares less about rarity than whether they're getting a strong unit, will see Brave or Fallen at the top of their respective colours and just pick them because they meet those criteria. It really isn't as deep or malicious as y'all are making it out to be. Most players don't care about the red dream banner, or getting all leg/mythic+seasonal units in top 8, or any of that. They just pick a unit that they want and vote for them. 

16 minutes ago, Ether said:

What it really comes down to is that folk on places like SF or reddit make up a very small portion of the FEH playerbase. Edelgard is a popular character, Brave Edelgard is a strong unit that most players are likely going to have come into contact with, and despite the fact that Fallen Edelgard hasn't been a problematic unit for a long time now, everyone and their mom, dog, and dog's mom still uses her as the unit build meterstick. A more casual player who doesn't have a specific unit in mind and cares less about rarity than whether they're getting a strong unit, will see Brave or Fallen at the top of their respective colours and just pick them because they meet those criteria. It really isn't as deep or malicious as y'all are making it out to be. Most players don't care about the red dream banner, or getting all leg/mythic+seasonal units in top 8, or any of that. They just pick a unit that they want and vote for them. 

I mean

Other characters like Dimitri and Lyn among others are also popular and have good alts that were also recent during AHR voting time, but we haven't really seen the same kind of issue regarding them. Generally, people voting for other popular characters have little issue getting the limited unit into the VG banner, while Edelgard is 0/3 and only got common pool versions of herself in there.

Edited by Sunwoo

It may just be that Edelgard specifically is very popular with casual players. We know that since she wasn't in the top 16, Brave is very likely at the bottom of the pack here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fallen was also quite low in the top 16. 

As for common vs rare Edelgards specifically, it really comes down to rarity vs power. Summer is her first version that is both rare and quite strong, and I expect her to place far higher than the other two. While Legendary is more rare than Brave or Fallen, she is as of right now pre-remix, definitively weaker than they are(and this pretty much remained true last year). While there was a sentiment amongst hardcore players that they wouldn't have minded legendary Edelgard in top 8 due to her rarity, once again, the people voting for brave and fallen generally don't care about unit type/rarity, they care about power, whether more perceived in the case of fallen or genuine in the case of brave.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the concentrated vote went into more typical picks, with folk like brave and fallen edelgard hovering near the edge simply due to staying power from the casual vote. 16th place still makes both infographics but is very unlikely to have a real chance at contesting the VG.

Don't forget that the FEH community did, in fact, vote Legendary Lyn in for Find and Vote Heroes which is basically what AHR is now. She was definitely the Edelgard of that time, likely winning because voters were too lazy to scroll around to find the better heroes.

Yes, she was far more recent then than CYL Edelgard is now, but she ranked a lot higher while being considered a very unimpressive unit even back when she launched.

EDIT: And yes, I did end up getting Lyn from the event. And yes, I was very unhappy about that.

Edited by Humanoid

Wow, I forgot about the idiocy that was Find and Vote

I suppose it doesn't say good things about the FEH community as a whole when people didn't even know they could scroll.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow, I forgot about the idiocy that was Find and Vote

I suppose it doesn't say good things about the FEH community as a whole when people didn't even know they could scroll.

Yeah, and people might still not know how to scroll (or worse, are too lazy to do so). 

CYL Edelgard and Fallen Edelgard are at the top of the list for greens and colorless respectively. I feel like that has to play at least some part in this Edelgard infestation.

On 2/4/2023 at 1:53 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder if we have to wait a little bit for these new removed 5* heroes to be added in the Arena Freebie banner, because that banner has a timer on it.

I believe it should be 36-37 days left? So maybe next month we get a "Free Summon: Arena Reward 2" banner, and that one will have these new additions.

Happy to report the banner and ticket have been updated to reflect the new demotes.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Happy to report the banner and ticket have been updated to reflect the new demotes.

Oh cool!

So they started the Arena Reward 2 banner today and now Arena is giving B Tickets as reward, and kept the Arena Reward 1 still available for some days so people have time to use their A tickets left.

Looks like Arena Reward 2 lasts for over 200 days, which makes sense... next time we get 5* heroes moved to 4* special pool is in August, which is where we will probably get a Arena Reward 3 Banner.

Fire Emblem Heroes has gotten so big that the Gamepress team decided to call it quits on all of their analysis and tier list content, now only serving as a database.

GGs Feh, you got a fanteam to throw in the towel the only way you knew how: being your goddamn self.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Fire Emblem Heroes has gotten so big that the Gamepress team decided to call it quits on all of their analysis and tier list content, now only serving as a database.

Honestly, it's about time.

Tier lists encompassing all units with any sort of granularity have been mostly useless for years now. The only tier lists that I think are actually worth making are ones for specialized roles that only need to consider a few dozen units.

As far as analysis goes, it's pretty obviously unsustainable to update every unit every time a new skill is released, especially when many of the older units only need to consider cookie-cutter builds for their unit type due to being less specialized compared to newer units. It would make more sense to simply maintain a list of general role archetypes with a list of optimal skills and when they should be used rather than have an analysis of each individual unit.

There's a reason why I usually structure my build recommendations referencing the unit's type for most of the skill slots instead of the unit in particular. There aren't many things that really depend on the unit's weapon or stats other than a few high-level properties (mostly just Spd tier and whether the weapon has the Slaying effect and/or the Brave effect) and making sure to not overlap skill effects between the weapon and passive skills.

14 hours ago, Xenomata said:

GGs Feh, you got a fanteam to throw in the towel the only way you knew how: being your goddamn self.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tier lists encompassing all units with any sort of granularity have been mostly useless for years now. The only tier lists that I think are actually worth making are ones for specialized roles that only need to consider a few dozen units.

As far as analysis goes, it's pretty obviously unsustainable to update every unit every time a new skill is released, especially when many of the older units only need to consider cookie-cutter builds for their unit type due to being less specialized compared to newer units. It would make more sense to simply maintain a list of general role archetypes with a list of optimal skills and when they should be used rather than have an analysis of each individual unit.

Would not tier lists for specific modes still be helpful for the casual player, especially Aether Raids and Summoner Duels? I guess a more tailored list that focus on a few dozen unique units work too, but I imagine players who are more casual or new will wonder how their unit that is not on the list fair compared to the top unique ones.

As for updating every unit thing, could not they build something to automate that process?

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

Would not tier lists for specific modes still be helpful for the casual player, especially Aether Raids and Summoner Duels? I guess a more tailored list that focus on a few dozen unique units work too, but I imagine players who are more casual or new will wonder how their unit that is not on the list fair compared to the top unique ones.

As for updating every unit thing, could not they build something to automate that process?

Seems like the way to go would be painting in broader strokes. Like, one page for sword infantry, one for bow cavalry, etc., talking about general standards for that unit class and how they might change depending on the unit's specific characteristics. Same sort of thing for roles in a type of competitive play.

Ugh... thanks, you made me dislike Three Houses even more now (nothing against you specifically to be clear)
Can't wait to get Young Edelgarg, Young Dimitri, and probably Young Ingrid/Felix/Sylvain for the next Child banner. Or is it bunnies next month? I don't think Edelgard is gonna look good in a bunny outfit, just saying. Maybe do Bernadetta instead! Or Lysithea!

...have I got my displeasure across yet?

56 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The Top 5 characters from each game not yet in Heroes, post-CYL 7:

I was surprised to see how well Radd did. Like, twice as many votes as Caesar, despite both of them being Milktoast Plain Mc Faceless and I say that with all love to them both, as I've personally gotten attached to them since making them major characters in my Fan Game, but they are really low effort characters, so for one to just arbitrarily outshine the other is downright strange to me.

Also, it's funny to see Excellus of all people making any kind of statistical "Top Wanted List", but I guess that's a testament to how exhausted Awakening's unused cast has become.

Edited by Jotari

I am kind of surprised the in game notification board isn't including all the dlc announced charcters for the Engage dlc. If anyone is going to care about Veronica its Feh players so its kind of feels like a missed opportunity imo not to be like want more Princess Veronica buy the Engage expansion pass.

I'm happy to see Tormod and Stefan up so high, but it won't mean a thing if they don't actually get in the game.

It's also exacerbated by the fact that the top three PoR characters are all canonically red, and if you throw in Edward for general Tellius reps that's four reds.

EDIT: When did Coirpre get so high up amongst gen 2 units? Is someone doing a Rally Coirpre?

Edited by Sunwoo

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm happy to see Tormod and Stefan up so high, but it won't mean a thing if they don't actually get in the game.

It's also exacerbated by the fact that the top three PoR characters are all canonically red, and if you throw in Edward for general Tellius reps that's four reds.

Yeah, it'd be hard not to make Stefan, Lucia, Tormod and Edward anything other than red. I guess you could make one of them a knife unit instead. Edward comes across as the easiest to transition into that. Maybe the Wind Edge or Tempest Blade could be a green dagger (though what it should have been is in the game four years ago as an inheritable Distant Counter weapon).

Desaix being in the top 10 is certainly a surprise. And it's not even the Excellus factor of coming from a game that's mostly represented. He has almost 800 votes! It's like four times as many as Jesse, the second most wanted from SoV.

Edited by Jotari

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Desaix being in the top 10 is certainly a surprise. And it's not even the Excellus factor of coming from a game that's mostly represented. He has almost 800 votes! It's like four times as many as Jesse, the second most wanted from SoV.

Don't quote me on this because I could be completely wrong, but I heard that Desaix was botted to be that high up ;/

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't quote me on this because I could be completely wrong, but I heard that Desaix was botted to be that high up ;/

There was a massive concerted effort on the /r/shitpostemblem subreddit campaigning for him, so to a large extent it was "organic" insofar as anyone rallying people on social media for any other candidate was organic.