Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

54 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, who's the first Aug 2023 Resplendent Hero going to be? Based on the Japanese voice actors of recent (dating back to April 2023) units, these characters could be more likely: 

Gwendolyn: Toa Yukinari (Resplendent Lucius)
Jakob: Junichi Suwabe (Diamant)
Hinata or Donnel: Mitsuhiro Ichiki (Summer Donnel)
Cherche, Tharja or Rhajat: Yuki Takada (Summer Tharja)
Athena or Fir: Yoko Hikasa (Summer Ivy)
Camilla or F!Morgan: Miyuki Sawashiro (Resplendent F!Robin)
CYL Ephraim or Roderick: Taku Yashiro (Summer Ephraim)
Catria: Hitomi Nabatame (Summer L'Arachel)
Nanna or Hinoka: Kaori Nazuka (Legendary Hinoka)
Maria: Aya Suzaki (Resplendent Ninian)
M!Morgan, Fallen M!Robin or Shigure: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Groom M!Robin)
A!Tiki: Ikue Otani (Bride A!Tiki)
Selena (Fates): Saori Seto (Bride Anna)
Gharnef: Ken Narita (Fallen Linus)
Oliver or Knight / Helpful Chrom: Tomokazu Sugita (Fallen Chrom)
M!Kana or Adrift M!Corrin: Nobunaga Shimazaki (Fallen Anankos)
Henry: Akemi Okamura (Cornelia)
Nephenee: Makiko Ohmoto (Kid Lyn)
Priscilla or Rebecca: Chinami Hoshimoto (Kid Rebecca)

Personally, I'm kind of hoping for Gwendy just to complete a set (Toa Yukinari also voices Cecilia, who also got a Resplendent this year).

I don't think they'll do it, but I'm kind of curious to see where they'd go with Resplendent  Gharnef.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't think they'll do it, but I'm kind of curious to see where they'd go with Resplendent  Gharnef.

Believe it or not, but Gharnef has always ranked ahead of Roderick (another character on that list) in CYL.

It's actually incredible how Roderick and Luke (him more so than Roderick) always perform terribly in CYL.

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've been wondering when they'll finally use Nephenee again. But I'm always wrong when I predict her. So, I'll go with someone else and predict... Nanna. Now watch as it's Nephenee.

https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/00003001000171/

Thank you for conjuring this Resplendent Nephenee into existence.

But on the other hand damn it, now I have to resub. That art is just too damn good.

That's definitely an upgrade, and is a nudge towards subbing should I decide to claim my two sparks on the summer banners. I'm a bit tilted at the moment at the New Heroes banner though, so we'll see if I even want to give Nintendo any money.

If I do sub, it'll be on the 7th, the final day of the banners, so the haul would be only three Resplendents, Lucius, Nephenee and some rando. But by doing so I'm hoping to somehow have the September seasonal banner fall within the sub period, which would require it to start no later than the 7th of September.

Jotunheimr Nephenee is next:

chara_img_00003001000171_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00003001000171_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00003001000171_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00003001000171_04.png

A bit sad this means I won't have her with HACCAN's art anymore, but this one is really pretty, too.

And we finally get another Jotunheimr outfit. Hopefully next month's is going to be Nidavellir.

As far as stats, 38/42 isn't the best given that Summer Norne has 40/42 and Resplendent Lucina has 41/43, but it's still usable. On the other hand, Nephenee now ends up with 41 Def, which is comparable to Dimitri's and makes her more viable for a melee Spd tank than the other non-premium options.

A +Spd +10 +25 Resp. Bonus Nephenee ends up with a statline along the lines of 48/42/49/45/31, which honestly doesn't seem that bad.

Her biggest problem to overcome is her lack of a really good weapon to wield, considering her Dauntless Lance only offers Slaying, Armor effectiveness, and Steady Posture for effects. One could try going for a high-Damage Reduction build with Hare's Lance, Vital Astra, a Dodge skill, and Time's Pulse to stack damage reduction up, though no Slaying effect means at best she has VA fully charged with the Quickened Pulse seal when combat begins, or at 1 charge without it.

...yes Arcane Weapons are an option, but when they aren't you have to look through all your other options, and Spring Michalis's weapon looks pretty good in that regard.

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've been wondering when they'll finally use Nephenee again. But I'm always wrong when I predict her. So, I'll go with someone else and predict... Nanna. Now watch as it's Nephenee.

Bro... What kinda of spell did you use here to make it work? 

Holy crap, it's actually Nephenee. What.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Thank you for conjuring this Resplendent Nephenee into existence.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Bro... What kinda of spell did you use here to make it work? 

The secret is to keep being wrong, switch guesses because you've been wrong, and add a slashed-semi-sarcastic part to the end of your post when you've switched guesses. Works 1 out of 45 times!

Some datamined stuff for the semi-anniversary event:

Notable highlights include a Forma Soul and the addition of 4*SR tickets (shame they come before the next batch of demotes coming in around a month though). Glad I left my Hans at +8 too with the hope of a Grand Hero Party, means he'll be +10 with the formal re-run.

Note the below is only a partial schedule, because there will be the next version update occurring in the middle of this event that adds the second half of the rewards.

________

1) FEH Summer quests

Rewards:

- 2 Orbs

- 1 Forma Soul

- 650 Feathers

- 50 Sacred coins

- 120 Divine Code 7

- 5 Potions

- 65 Divine Dews

- 650 Arena medals

- 5 Dueling Crest

2) Orb Packs!

- Feh Summer Orb Pack : 4.99$

- Dragonflower Orb Pack: 14.99$

- Orb & Ticket Pack (1 Golden Ticket for Hero Fest): 24.99$

- Fate-Defying Duo Pack (Duo Chrom): 39.99$

3) FEH Summer Special Maps!

There are at least 6 special maps. Hard difficulty contains 1 ticket for 4*SHSR and Normal difficulty contains 1 orb

4) Grand Hero Party quests!

Missions each day with a 5* ghb unit

Heroes:

- Hans

- Lumera

- Ludveck

Start Date: August 2nd - 00:00 am PDT

Edited by Humanoid

Solid. I'd been wondering when they'd do 4* SHSR tickets, and it looks like I'm missing about half the relevant blue and colorless units. Also glad that we're back to getting a free Forma Soul in August, since that means I can pick up Legendary Roy next month without needing to spark.

Spoiler

Damn, the chances of me getting anything worthwhile from the 4-star Special Heroes is tiny. I have all but 3 reds, all but 2 blues and greens, and all but 4 colourlesses. I guess that means I'm going colourless...

Spoiler

Well I am still missing a bunch of the 4* special heroes so hopefully I get someone I don't have.  I may buy the summer orb pack since I have enough google rewards points saved up to get the $5 pack and that can go to the CYL spark fund.  Glad about the forma soul, now if only they would have someone I don't have and want in HoF again ( still a bit mad N!Navarre wasn't in the the last SD bunch).  

We should have a Feh Channel in less than 9 hours from now. Outside the content that was datamined, we should expect from this Channel (based on previous years's channels):

• Old 5* Heroes being added to the 4* Special Rate. Those heroes being: Jill, Shinon, Gatrie, Catherine, Shamir, Flayn, Dieck, Guinivere, Melady, Duessel, Selena, Asbel, Ronan, Sara, Annand, Azelle and Erinys. All 5* Heroes released between September 2021 to February 2022.
  • A look on the August 2023's Remixes. For this month, it should be Seliph and Triandra or Freyja. We will also have new Legendary and Mythics Heroes added to the Remix Banners: Mirabilis, Seliph, Hel, Corrin, Plumeria, Dimitri, Triandra and Freyja. These 8 heroes should get their remixes and refinements in August, September and November of 2023, and January of 2024.

We should also probably see the lineup for next week's Special Heroes banner tonight.

And related to that, the bonus titles for next week's Resonant Battles are Genealogy and Mystery of the Emblem. If I have my information correct, that should mean that the next Harmonized Heroes (we should definitely be getting one next week since we've gotten back-to-back Duo Heroes) should be led by an FE4 character (or at least feature an FE4 character). 

And that checks out, given that FE4's latest Harmonized Heroes was released almost two years ago now (Scion Leif & Seliph in September 2021).

You know what's really dumb? The fact that you can't use a unit's prf skills in tandem with an Arcane weapon. Especially since Rearmed units get their own prf skills that get to be used in tandem with the Arcane weapon. Why can't someone use Sacae's Blessing with one of the Arcane bows? But Rearmed Tana and Rearmed Alcryst get to use a special prf (that are arguably more powerful than Sacae's Blessing) in tandem with their Arcane bows? Dumb. And that's just one example. Why can't Brave Ike use his prf with an Arcane axe? Dumb.

I think it's dumber that some units just arbitrarily get prf skills for basically no reason while others do not.

Brave, legendary, and mythic units getting prf skills is understandable. Other units aren't. No, not even the seasonal alts of previous CYL winners or legendary or mythic units. Especially since they're not even guaranteed to get their prf skill in their kit anyway. LOOKING AT YOU HALLOWEEN NAGA.

ALSO SUMMER LYN FOR ONE WAS RELEASED LONG AFTER CYL AND LEGENDARY LYN AND SHE STILL HAD NO PRF SKILLS. LET'S GO BACK TO THAT 'KAY THANKS

EDIT: Also not sure why characters like Ayra who never won CYL and don't have legendaries yet get to have random ass fucking prf skills and shit "just because" that is bullshit

Edited by Sunwoo

54 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Especially since Rearmed units get their own prf skills

Except for Ganglot and Ophelia, because IS apparently didn't like them in particular.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think it's dumber that some units just arbitrarily get prf skills for basically no reason while others do not.

Brave, legendary, and mythic units getting prf skills is understandable. Other units aren't. No, not even the seasonal alts of previous CYL winners or legendary or mythic units. Especially since they're not even guaranteed to get their prf skill in their kit anyway. LOOKING AT YOU HALLOWEEN NAGA.

ALSO SUMMER LYN FOR ONE WAS RELEASED LONG AFTER CYL AND LEGENDARY LYN AND SHE STILL HAD NO PRF SKILLS. LET'S GO BACK TO THAT 'KAY THANKS

Groom M!Robin: does not get Part of the Plan

Summer M!Shez: gets the same Prf weapon as Summer F!Shez just because

Seems legit to me.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Groom M!Robin: does not get Part of the Plan

Summer M!Shez: gets the same Prf weapon as Summer F!Shez just because

Seems legit to me.

I knew there was someone super obvious and recent I forgot

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

You know what's really dumb? The fact that you can't use a unit's prf skills in tandem with an Arcane weapon. Especially since Rearmed units get their own prf skills that get to be used in tandem with the Arcane weapon. Why can't someone use Sacae's Blessing with one of the Arcane bows? But Rearmed Tana and Rearmed Alcryst get to use a special prf (that are arguably more powerful than Sacae's Blessing) in tandem with their Arcane bows? Dumb. And that's just one example. Why can't Brave Ike use his prf with an Arcane axe? Dumb.

I think it's pretty clear why.

Exclusive skills are designed with the unit's exclusive weapon in mind (or vice versa). Preventing all units other than an Arcane weapon's original owner from using exclusive skills is somewhat of a necessity to prevent unintended synergies. Maintaining a whitelist/blacklist is troublesome, arbitrary, and not exactly transparent.

Allowing all skills forces the developers to cross-reference all new Arcane weapons with all existing exclusive skills for that weapon type and all new exclusive skills with all existing Arcane weapons to make sure none of them result in unintentionally powerful interactions. It's not sustainable. (It would be more sustainable if exclusive skills weren't as absurdly strong as they now are, but that's a completely different issue.)

Because if it were allowed, you'd be able to stack Arcane Nihility with Binding Necklace, Bonus Doubler, and Grand Strategy all at the same time.

I wonder if Arcane skills will be a thing?

Very clearly just about every Assist, Special, and Passive can be given ludicrous effects for the sake of spreading out all of a given unit's desired effects across multiple skill slots, and by putting certain skills in certain slots it inhibits the ability to put other skills in said slot. Say, for instance, Power of Nihility were an Arcane skill, you wouldn't be able to equip Distant Counter or a Finish skill, but you'd still be getting +9 all stat, accelerated special charge, and the Surge effect with the only condition being that your unit be alone or only next to 1 ally.

Inheritable weapons have been getting better lately even outside of Arcane weapons, so I don't know if it'd be a necessarily wasted effort making Arcane skills...

Methinks that a future update should just give previous CYL winners a prf skill, even if it's just one of the ones they have already. Lucina, Roy, Eliwood, and Claude each have at least one prf skill while Ephraim just got one and apparently so did Lysithea. It's really only Camilla who has nothing to herself at this point. (Although Brave Veronica wouldn't be able to use Enclosure like her legendary self, so I guess she'd need something new.)

I'm also in favor of re-refines for everyone before CYL2 refines, and/or the option to make inherited weapons resemble a character's prf weapon on the user's own end.

Edited by Sunwoo

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it's pretty clear why.

Exclusive skills are designed with the unit's exclusive weapon in mind (or vice versa). Preventing all units other than an Arcane weapon's original owner from using exclusive skills is somewhat of a necessity to prevent unintended synergies. Maintaining a whitelist/blacklist is troublesome, arbitrary, and not exactly transparent.

Allowing all skills forces the developers to cross-reference all new Arcane weapons with all existing exclusive skills for that weapon type and all new exclusive skills with all existing Arcane weapons to make sure none of them result in unintentionally powerful interactions. It's not sustainable. (It would be more sustainable if exclusive skills weren't as absurdly strong as they now are, but that's a completely different issue.)

Because if it were allowed, you'd be able to stack Arcane Nihility with Binding Necklace, Bonus Doubler, and Grand Strategy all at the same time.

The problem with that, though, is that there's far more units being penalized than units actually being kept in check. The older Legendary units and CYL 1 and 2 units, even the CYL 3 units, not a single one of them would be made any more overpowered than the current units. They'd still barely be reaching their level, if that. So it's still dumb.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Methinks that a future update should just give previous CYL winners a prf skill, even if it's just one of the ones they have already. Lucina, Roy, Eliwood, and Claude each have at least one prf skill while Ephraim just got one and apparently so did Lysithea. It's really only Camilla who has nothing to herself at this point. (Although Brave Veronica wouldn't be able to use Enclosure like her legendary self, so I guess she'd need something new.)

I'm also in favor of re-refines for everyone before CYL2 refines, and/or the option to make inherited weapons resemble a character's prf weapon on the user's own end.

I agree.