Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

But we don't need to have every single Book 1 & 2 unit before starting with Book 3.

I don't even think every Book 1 unit is gonna get a Resplendent, to be honest. For example, I think Barst, Athena, Wrys, Clarisse, Legion, Arden, Gwendolyn, Hawkeye, Valter, Virion, Gunter, Azama, Hinata, Subaki, Peri, Beruka, and Arthur, among others, are all in danger of being skipped over.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't even think every Book 1 unit is gonna get a Resplendent, to be honest. For example, I think Barst, Athena, Wrys, Clarisse, Legion, Arden, Gwendolyn, Hawkeye, Valter, Virion, Gunter, Azama, Hinata, Subaki, Peri, Beruka, and Arthur, among others, are all in danger of being skipped over.

I think some of them have plenty good shots at getting Resplendent versions, particularly Arden.

So far, Est and her 321st place in CYL7 is the Book I character with the lowest current CYL rank who has a Resplendent.

For reference, here's all the Book I characters with a lower CYL7 rank than Est:

Spoiler

Virion: 322nd
Oscar: 327th
Mathilda: 330th
Legion: 333rd
Maria: 336th
Arthur (Fates): 339th
Cain: 341st
Sheena: 343rd
Gunter: 352nd
Azama: 361st
Barst: 365th
Dorcas, Sully and Clive: 366th
Jagen: 371st
Draug: 372nd
Karel (FE7): 373rd
Abel: 374th
Hawkeye: 375th
Gwendolyn: 392nd
Bartre (FE6): 393rd

Roderick: 414th
Luke: 425th

Assuming I didn't miss anyone in the above list, there are 23 Book I characters with a lower CYL rank than Est. Between these characters, they have a total of just 4 alts (and two of those alts belong to one character in particular).

So in my opinion, all of these Book I characters (except for the one who has two alts) are the most at risk of never getting a Resplendent.

I like lost lore as we get to see portraits of units of old school units that will never get into the game. It's fun to wonder what the enemy line up will be for given stories.

It's time to predict things! In a few short days, we'll know what game the next New Heroes banner is going to focus on, and we're also 99% sure it's gonna have an OC as a blue unit. Most people also agree that the three most likely games to be featured are Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, and Engage.

Speaking about Thracia 776, specifically, if it is indeed next in line, then I think we have two likely possibilities for the banner lineup. The first possibility is Ascended Eyvel (red), Dagdar (green), and Safy (colorless), with Lifis (red/colorless) as the free unit and Shiva (red) as the GHB. The second possibility is Ascended Finn (blue, sharing colors with the OC), Tina (colorless), and Lara (red), with Troude (red) as the free unit and Perne (colorless) as the GHB. I think we'll get an Ascended for sure because the OC will be Rearmed, and we won't get either one of those next month in the CYL banner, so we'll get 'em both this month.

This isn't my prederred outcome, I want Linoan more than anyone else from Thracia, but I think these make a certain bit of logical sense. But, then again...since when have they ever followed logic in Heroes?

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's time to predict things! In a few short days, we'll know what game the next New Heroes banner is going to focus on, and we're also 99% sure it's gonna have an OC as a blue unit. Most people also agree that the three most likely games to be featured are Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, and Engage.

Speaking about Thracia 776, specifically, if it is indeed next in line, then I think we have two likely possibilities for the banner lineup. The first possibility is Ascended Eyvel (red), Dagdar (green), and Safy (colorless), with Lifis (red/colorless) as the free unit and Shiva (red) as the GHB. The second possibility is Ascended Finn (blue, sharing colors with the OC), Tina (colorless), and Lara (red), with Troude (red) as the free unit and Perne (colorless) as the GHB. I think we'll get an Ascended for sure because the OC will be Rearmed, and we won't get either one of those next month in the CYL banner, so we'll get 'em both this month.

This isn't my prederred outcome, I want Linoan more than anyone else from Thracia, but I think these make a certain bit of logical sense. But, then again...since when have they ever followed logic in Heroes?

Ascended Eyvel before regular Brigid would be outright mockery.

Just throwing it out there that our new OC (Eitr with an "i" missing) has the same English voice actress as Brigid / Eyvel. Also, the Japanese voice actress for Brigid / Eyvel showed up not too long ago (as Cornelia).

Basically, I'm thinking we're probably getting Brigid / Eyvel on a New Heroes banner sometime soon. It'll just be a matter of whether they place her on an FE4 banner or an FE5 banner. I could see her happening on the Thracia banner if it's this month since Eitr's existence means we can't get Rearmed Reinhardt on this month's banner.

Genealogy is only one month more recent than the last Thracia banner. They both came out in spring of last year. So I could easily see them doing Genealogy over Thracia. Though of I were choosing, despite being a major Jugdral fan, I'd choose to have an Engage banner. As it's just downright weird that Male Alear isn't in the game yet.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Genealogy is only one month more recent than the last Thracia banner. They both came out in spring of last year. So I could easily see them doing Genealogy over Thracia. Though of I were choosing, despite being a major Jugdral fan, I'd choose to have an Engage banner. As it's just downright weird that Male Alear isn't in the game yet.

If we don't get Engage this month (and I don't think we will, because of Summer Ivy's existence and Eitr already taking the Rearmed Hero slot), then M!Alear will end up with a higher BST than F!Alear.

Okay, others may have already talked about this but I just saw it: half of this Legendary and Hero Remix are themed: Alm and Mila are colorless, and Blue is just Chrom. XD This is also especially fully because of that old comic where Kiran's trying to summon Chrom for Cordelia, and has been pulling on blue nodes that whole time because it matches Chrom's hair (but he was actually only available in red nodes because sword.)

According to the Remix notification, Rearmed Grima is returning in August. This probably means she is in the August's Hero Fest.

I wonder if they plan to do a Rearmed Heroes Hero Fest. With Grima, Ganglot, Ophelia and Alfred? (Rearmed Líf is also on the Remix Banner and it doesnt say he is back in August, so he is not in the Hero Fest).

Bloody hell today's Seer's Snare boss setup was cruel. Running two ranged nukes and they just can't win their duels against the melee enemies down the sides. Eventually had to cheese it by rerolling the past four stages until I got Wings of Mercy to just teleport out of there. Team is Legendary Veronica, Flame Lyn, Ascended Eir and Legendary Ninian.

Seer's Snare to be hs been quite nice. No map was that big of challenge.

My Team is Summer Caeda (effective against half of the cast, plus Canto 2 in the weapon), Peony (dancer, who provides stat buffs, Null Penalties and Orders buffs), Young Lucius (healer, but acts more like a colorless tome unit; hits hard, has guaranteed follow-up and provides Def/Res buffs and "foe cannot follow-up" status) and Laevatein (hits very hard, thanks to Peony and Lucius stat buffs support).

I would say the most challenging map so far was Timeless Rift 10, which had Yune on it. Inflicting panic on my Laegjarn almost killed her against the Genny on that map.

I've found that Duo Chrom is too good of a support unit to not run even if he's not a bonus unit. Being able to Reposition and then move again is way too useful. I also somehow ended up with both Atk/Res Link and Spd/Def Link, so Chrom is now able to grant +6 to all stats just by doing so.

Duo Laegjarn and Legendary Ninian are the other offensive units on my team. I managed to roll Guidance 4, which means Laegjarn can also provide even more mobility support on top of her combat capabilities. Legendary Ninian is the usual Legendary Ninian with a Galeforcing dance.

Silque rounds out the team with passive healing and additional defenses from her weapon just in case I need it. Again, not a bonus unit, but her weapon was too good to pass up.

I was a bit more conscientious this time around to make sure none of my units rely on any of their passive skills to function.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this game treats HP differently from all of the other stats, but I wasn't expecting it to be to this extent.

Summer Larchel is the first unit available below 5-star rarity where her HP is not her highest stat at level 1, which made me update my spreadsheet for pulls because my assumption for which stats increase on rarity promotion turned out to be incorrect.

My previous assumption was that on promotions to even-numbered rarities, the unit would gain a point in their second and third highest stats (ties are broken by the order they appear on the stat screen), and on promotions to odd-numbered rarities, the unit would gain a point in the other three stats. Apparently, this is not the case.

Instead, on promotions to even-number rarities, the unit gains a point in their first and second highest stats excluding HP, and on promotions to odd-number rarities, the unit gains a point in the other three stats. This means that a unit always gains HP on promotions to odd-numbered rarities regardless of how high or low their level-1 HP is.

(Side note: Chloe is the only other unit where HP is not her highest stat at level 1, but she's not available at 4-star rarity for this to matter.)

(Unrelated trivia: The Fandom wiki is wrong about level-up quotes. SP is considered a stat for the purposes of determining which quote the character says in response to their level-up gains, which means the quotes are actually 0-2 for low gain, 3-4 for medium gain, and 5-6 for high gain. The only time this is relevant, though, is when the unit's SP is maxed out and therefore can't receive a "stat up".)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

(Unrelated trivia: The Fandom wiki is wrong about level-up quotes. SP is considered a stat for the purposes of determining which quote the character says in response to their level-up gains, which means the quotes are actually 0-2 for low gain, 3-4 for medium gain, and 5-6 for high gain. The only time this is relevant, though, is when the unit's SP is maxed out and therefore can't receive a "stat up".)

There is also the Hall of Forms, where no units gain any SP whatsoever, meaning the SP "stat" never goes up. I feel it's actually very rare that you'll ever see the high gains quote from HoF units, especially if they're a unit with lower growth rates like ranged cavalry or dancers.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this game treats HP differently from all of the other stats, but I wasn't expecting it to be to this extent.

Summer Larchel is the first unit available below 5-star rarity where her HP is not her highest stat at level 1, which made me update my spreadsheet for pulls because my assumption for which stats increase on rarity promotion turned out to be incorrect.

My previous assumption was that on promotions to even-numbered rarities, the unit would gain a point in their second and third highest stats (ties are broken by the order they appear on the stat screen), and on promotions to odd-numbered rarities, the unit would gain a point in the other three stats. Apparently, this is not the case.

Instead, on promotions to even-number rarities, the unit gains a point in their first and second highest stats excluding HP, and on promotions to odd-number rarities, the unit gains a point in the other three stats. This means that a unit always gains HP on promotions to odd-numbered rarities regardless of how high or low their level-1 HP is.

(Side note: Chloe is the only other unit where HP is not her highest stat at level 1, but she's not available at 4-star rarity for this to matter.)

Huh, that's a neat find.

The quotes thing also comes up a lot in Hall of Forms, characters use their lower-gain quotes way more often there as a result.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

There is also the Hall of Forms, where no units gain any SP whatsoever, meaning the SP "stat" never goes up. I feel it's actually very rare that you'll ever see the high gains quote from HoF units, especially if they're a unit with lower growth rates like ranged cavalry or dancers.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

The quotes thing also comes up a lot in Hall of Forms, characters use their lower-gain quotes way more often there as a result.

Right.

I don't normally pay attention to level ups (much less level-up quotes) in Hall of Forms since I'm too busy trying to figure out how to beat the map with horribly underleveled units, so it didn't occur to me that the same thing happens there.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just accept that math is merely a suggestion in this game, and then everything will become clear.

I like Heroes math way too much for that.

My impression is, Shez got enough bonuses to hit for about 1000 damage per attack, while Fjorm got a ton of damage reduction to survive those attacks, activating Frostbite Mirror on two of the four hits for about +1000 damage each, letting her then hit back for over 2000 damage. Sounds like it involved Astra which would allow each hit having about 400 base damage before accounting for that, but that still requires hitting 400 damage without the special.

I haven't had battle animations turned on since probably the month the game launched, so I just assumed it was 215, with a separate 0 (or something ending in 0) that occurred the attack before - i.e Shez attacking for 0 and being countered for 215. But it's really 2150 huh? The numbers fade away one by one?

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I haven't had battle animations turned on since probably the month the game launched, so I just assumed it was 215, with a separate 0 (or something ending in 0) that occurred the attack before - i.e Shez attacking for 0 and being countered for 215. But it's really 2150 huh? The numbers fade away one by one?

From the sound of it, yeah. The person who posted it said the 0 just looks different because of the timing of the screenshot.