Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Okay. So. As someone who likes math, can I just say that Heroes needs to stop making weapons that rely so much on percentage calculation? Not everyone wants to take the time to figure out the exact amount of stat changes that'll occur based on which unit you're using. At the very least, give them a cap of -5 damage or something.

It's also rather bullshit that newer units get weapons with bigger stat swings than the crappy early game units who have harder-to-achieve restrictions and stat swing caps and smaller bonuses.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The problem with that, though, is that there's far more units being penalized than units actually being kept in check. The older Legendary units and CYL 1 and 2 units, even the CYL 3 units, not a single one of them would be made any more overpowered than the current units. They'd still barely be reaching their level, if that. So it's still dumb.

Units being penalized doesn't produce a monster that requires months of power creep to bring back in check. A single unit becoming a monster does.

If you want to be the person that has to cross-reference every Arcane weapon with every existing Prf skill to make sure nothing goes awry, be my guest. But I'm sure the company would rather pay you to do something more productive.

Huh, is this the first month since the introduction of Aether Resort that they haven't added any new music?

Edit: Wait no I just don't have the update yet.

Edited by Othin

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Units being penalized doesn't produce a monster that requires months of power creep to bring back in check.

Or just update the game so every unit have three extra rows of skill slots like in Seer's Snare. Even if an exclusive skill is really good and is the equivalent of 2 inheritable skills, when every unit is a monster with an extra 12 skill slots, a unit with 1 or 2 exclusive skills essentially having 1 or 2 more skill slots is not that big of a deal. Even if they fuck up really badly and made an exclusive skill the equivalent of 3 or 4 skills, that is still kind of peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

The most horrifying thing I can think of is Edelgard: Flame Emperor running 4 copies of Raging Storm II for 5 Galeforce triggers, which is not that bad. She is sacrificing three slots for more Galeforces, so that is three slots that does not boost her combat performance as well as other skills that her foes will have.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Or just update the game so every unit have three extra rows of skill slots like in Seer's Snare. Even if an exclusive skill is really good and is the equivalent of 2 inheritable skills, when every unit is a monster with an extra 12 skill slots, a unit with 1 or 2 exclusive skills essentially having 1 or 2 more skill slots is not that big of a deal. Even if they fuck up really badly and made an exclusive skill the equivalent of 3 or 4 skills, that is still kind of peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

The most horrifying thing I can think of is Edelgard: Flame Emperor running 4 copies of Raging Storm II for 5 Galeforce triggers, which is not that bad. She is sacrificing three slots for more Galeforces, so that is three slots that does not boost her combat performance as well as other skills that her foes will have.

As a F2P player who rarely uses skill inheritance, I would be very opposed to this.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

As a F2P player who rarely uses skill inheritance, I would be very opposed to this.

You can stack multiples of the same A skills to save money, and same for many Cs too that have in combat stats (Reins, Saves, Oaths, Alarm, etc.). Bs are a bit less stackable, since their effects do not stack (you do not need multiple Null Follow-Ups or Guards), but you can still stack Dodge skills. Many tier 4 Bs come with in combat stats and/or stackable effects (Null Follow-Up got stats and damage reduction mitigation, and Guard got stats and damage reduction), so while their primary effects do not stack, their secondary effects can still stack.

On 8/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, Sunwoo said:

Methinks that a future update should just give previous CYL winners a prf skill, even if it's just one of the ones they have already. Lucina, Roy, Eliwood, and Claude each have at least one prf skill while Ephraim just got one and apparently so did Lysithea. It's really only Camilla who has nothing to herself at this point. (Although Brave Veronica wouldn't be able to use Enclosure like her legendary self, so I guess she'd need something new.)

I'm also in favor of re-refines for everyone before CYL2 refines, and/or the option to make inherited weapons resemble a character's prf weapon on the user's own end.

They could just use the remix formula for mythic/legendary heroes on old cyl units and ascended heroes who are out of date tbh. Ascended are still newish but time is going to catch up to them too and at least this way they have a couple different groups of heroes like the mythic and legendary remix banners.

Duo would work too and is probably more likely but it obviously pairs more naturally with Harmonic hero remixes if they do that.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Besides this being yet another Muspell Resplendent, this one overall is just…fine. Morgan (both genders, not just male) is another fairly popular (Female more so than Male) character who has been underutilized to this point.

Also, this Awakening’s fifth fourth Muspell Resplendent. They (Awakening) still do not have a single Nifl Resplendent.

Edit: Why did no one point out that I’m a dumbass? For some reason, I thought Lon’qu got a Muspell Resplendent (when he actually got Embla).

Edited by Tybrosion

I don't like that neutral face at all to be honest, and would prefer the original one. The other poses are decent though.

I've mentioned before that I haven't used any of my Rearmed Ophelias but I suppose this gets him closer to Lilina in terms of attack. But he's still behind even with my lack of Resplendent Lilina. Not that it's at all an impending decision, at least until Atk/Res Finish 3 enters the 4* pool.

Morgan actually has some pretty decent stats to work with. With the Resplendent boost, he has 44+/40/41/27/33+ with maximum Dragonflowers.

His refined weapon is also rather usable and is at least competitive with Arcane Eclipse, granting him an effective +4/4/7/4, Foe Penalty Doubler, and a ±5 Atk/Spd/Res Menace effect. (There is no condition in the English description for the stat bonus from the Menace effect, but it does actually require an enemy to be in range like a regular Menace skill.)

Grima's Truth having a built-in Menace effect is pretty useful in that it reduces the opportunity cost of running other skills in the C slot, giving him more reason to run something like Time's Pulse or Def/Res Smoke 3 or even something more specialized like Panic Smoke 4.

He's obviously not going to be as good as a 5-star unit like Brave Lysithea, but he's remarkably viable for an older 4-star unit that players will probably already have the manuals to merge if he isn't merged already. The only other 4-star units that compete with him are Erk and Tharja. Erk doesn't have an exclusive weapon and has to rely on inheritable weapons, and Tharja is a Litrblade glass cannon with overall worse stats (at least until she gets a Resplendent outfit of her own) that is more prone to being hard countered.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I noticed the game doesn't really put much rhyme or reason behind resplendent units. Most combo's seem a little random.

Take the Death theme for instance. What do Florina and Michy have to do with the theme of death? Neither character(canonically) dies in their story. However Ishtar and Ninian do perish in their respective game. For a Hell alt they'd be rather good thematic fits. Have it be the theme of the death reflecting on their mistakes in life or being at peace with how things ended. Granted, Takumi and to some extend Robin do die, but them having death alt seem more like happy accidents rather than direct references. To the game's credit they do tie Surtr's death to his resplendent alt. 

Ishtar being a jotum isn't really fitting either. She's regal, relatively thin and frail and not at all a nitwit like the typical jotum. Now it could have been a fun contrast but that doesn't seem to have been the idea behind the alt. Hector being a giant teenager would be an instant fit, far more so than with Muspel. Or the case of Lucius, the most gentle character of them all having a muspel alt instead of a fairy or Vanaheim alt. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Take the Death theme for instance. What do Florina and Michy have to do with the theme of death?

They both live in snow country, where it is pretty easy to die via freezing or a snowstorm (see: Canas).

Though going by that logic, Nifl would’ve been more thematically appropriate. But, on the other hand regarding Micaiah specifically [just in case, Tellius SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

She was long thought to have died alongside Apostle Misaha. Also with the massacre of the Heron clan, there was in general just a lot of death happening in Begnion around that same time.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I noticed the game doesn't really put much rhyme or reason behind resplendent units. Most combo's seem a little random.

Take the Death theme for instance. What do Florina and Michy have to do with the theme of death? Neither character(canonically) dies in their story. However Ishtar and Ninian do perish in their respective game. For a Hell alt they'd be rather good thematic fits. Have it be the theme of the death reflecting on their mistakes in life or being at peace with how things ended. Granted, Takumi and to some extend Robin do die, but them having death alt seem more like happy accidents rather than direct references. To the game's credit they do tie Surtr's death to his resplendent alt. 

Ishtar being a jotum isn't really fitting either. She's regal, relatively thin and frail and not at all a nitwit like the typical jotum. Now it could have been a fun contrast but that doesn't seem to have been the idea behind the alt. Hector being a giant teenager would be an instant fit, far more so than with Muspel. Or the case of Lucius, the most gentle character of them all having a muspel alt instead of a fairy or Vanaheim alt. 

Hey if it means we get something amazing like Fairy Gharnef instead of a predictable Muspel or Hel Gharnef then I'm good with it.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hey if it means we get something amazing like Fairy Gharnef instead of a predictable Muspel or Hel Gharnef then I'm good with it.

Personally, I still like the meme idea of (if he has to get a Resplendent) Hawkeye getting a Ljosalfheimr outfit where he cosplays as Jorgen Von Strangle from The Fairly Oddparents.