• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On 8/22/2023 at 8:28 PM, Xenomata said:

I actually wonder about the T4 skill she'll get. Will she just get a direct upgrade to Distant Counter or Guard Bearing, or will she get something new like Mystic Boost 4 (since that would technically work in tandem even with her base weapon) or maybe even Distant AS Solo?

Distant A/S Solo would be extremely unlikely. At the time of Hel's remix, Distant A/S Solo would only have been in the game for 4 months. So far, we've only had one skill that was less than 9 months old when it was given to a remix, and that was Atk/Def Hold on Altina, which was probably justified by the fact that the upgrade over its tier-3 version is only marginal (only 1 extra range).

And then there's also the fact that, with Aether Raids maps being relatively cramped and Hel being a defense Mythic under the control of the AI, it would be difficult for Hel to actually meet the Solo condition.

Guard Bearing 4 would also be unlikely, being less than 5 months old. Mystic Boost 4 is more likely, being 11 months old. However, because Hel really does ideally want Guard Bearing 4 in her B slot, I doubt they'd actually give her a different B skill.

I'd be willing to bet on Distant Dart, especially because the skill's distribution is complete garbage. The only units with the skill are both Special Heroes, being Duo Ike and Winter Black Knight, despite the fact that it will be 17 months old.

For reference, here's every remix since January 2022 and how old the remix skill was at the time of the remix (less than 1 year in bold):

• Seliph (2023-08): Distant Ferocity (2022-10-06), 10 months
  • Freyja (2023-08): Spd Smoke 4 (2022-05-10), 15 months
  • Chrom (2023-07): Blue Feud 3 (2022-04-18), 15 months
  • Bramimond (2023-07): Atk/Res Tempo 3 (2022-08-31), 10 months
  • Lif (2023-05): Even Tempest 3 (2021-03-30), 25 months
  • Edelgard (2023-05): Atk/Res Ideal 4 (2021-05-31), 23 months
  • Celica (2023-03): Atk/Spd Menace (2021-06-08), 21 months
  • Mila (2023-03): Dragon Wall 3 (2021-01-28), 25 months
  • Thrasir (2023-02): Atk/Spd Ideal 4 (2021-04-06), 22 months
  • Peony (2023-02): Cross Spur Res (2022-01-17), 12.5 months
  • Leaf (2023-01): Joint Drive Atk (2020-04-08), 33 months
  • Altina (2023-01): Atk/Def Hold (2022-11-08), 2 months
  • Eliwood (2022-11): Flow Refresh 3 (2021-07-07), 16 months
  • Yune (2022-11): Atk/Res Unity (2020-12-17), 22.5 months
  • Julia (2022-09): Atk/Res Menace (2021-05-07), 16 months
  • Sothis (2022-09): Null C-Disrupt 3 (2019-01-11), 44 months
  • Alm (2022-08): Time's Pulse 3 (2019-07-31), 36 months
  • Naga (2022-08): Dive-Bomb 3 (2020-08-07), 24 months
  • Roy (2022-07): Spurn 3 (2020-07-20), 23.5 months
  • Duma (2022-05): Fury 4 (2019-02-08), 39 months
  • Azura (2022-03): Atk/Spd Push 4 (2019-08-16), 30.5 months
  • Hrid (2022-02): Atk/Def Menace (2021-05-07), 9 months
  • Eir (2022-02): Atk/Res Unity (2020-12-17), 13.5 months

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's about that time to give some thoughts about who the next Resplendent will be. I'll throw Maria out there, because she got an alt a few months ago so her voice actress has had work, so she may have recorded Resplendent lines.

I swear I'm going to walk across the Pacific Ocean to go punch someone in the face if it isn't a Nidavellir outfit. I barely even care who it is inside the outfit at this point.

I just realized all of the Nidavellir outfits so far have been for male characters. I would be nice to finally get a female character in a Nidavellir outfit.

For that matter, I'd forgive them for not giving us a Nidavellir outfit if we finally got a male fairy outfit. But only until the next outfit after that.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Lute would work really well as a Nidavellir Resplendent. Plus, FE8 has only gotten one Resplendent so far this year (Innes in February).

However, the character that I'd really like to see next is Clair. Her base art is genuinely ugly and it has been forever since the last Valentia anything, to be honest Resplendent (Faye back in May....of 2022).

Since Clair share her JP VA with F!Alear, surely Clair has to get a Resplendent (and/or an alt) at some point before this game dies, right? 

14 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Is there a reason the main page hasn’t been updated since July?

One thing I liked on the main page is that they would always post the FEH calendar as a list, which to me is easier to follow and know what is coming next.

It's been months since they did that (maybe last time was last year, not sure), so I decided to make my own list now and have been doing that for the past months.

Also... funny enough, they updated the main page with a post about the Engage manga today.

I'll see you all in a few months when I get back from walking across the Pacific Ocean to punch someone in the face.

chara_img_00069014000195_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069014000195_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069014000195_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069014000195_04.png

Dokkalfheimr is at least the theme with the second least number of units (tied with Jotunheimr), so it's not bad, but "not bad" is not good enough at this point, and it looks like the development team needs some percussive maintenance.

Art is fine, if a bit difficult to immediately tell it's not Tharja (because the only thing that made them at all visually distinct was their outfits).

Rhajat is at least salvageable in terms of viability. With maximum Dragonflowers and the Resplendent boost, she has 42/41 offenses, which isn't bad. Her weapon is rather outdated, though, having only an effective +5 Atk/Spd for stat boosts, which is worse than the +5 Atk and +7 Spd she'd get from a future Arcane weapon, but the Pain and Flash effect it has are at least fairly unique. Unfortunately, that's all it has (and effective damage against cavalry), and staff-like debuffing effects are typically better off left to actual staff units with their access to Dazzling Staff.

The main issue with her viability is that there are plenty of units that are just as easy to get as her or easier and have comparable or better stats. Levn has comparable stats and a weapon that grants +8 Atk/Spd. Sety has comparable stats and a weapon that grants +11 Atk/Spd. Teatime Tailtiu has +1/4 offenses and will have access to the same Arcane weapon.

There are better options, but she's not entirely hopeless as a unit, and her stats are at least workable enough to be salvageable by modern premium skills.

Prooooobably not what I should be focusing on, but I will say I'm glad her breasts aren't so... weirdly big and like egg-shaped mounds on her chest in her new artwork.
...now they're just big. Isn't she supposed to be like a teenager?

Also her face looks better, if making the comparison between her and Tharja much harder to distinguish. All you can do is vaguely tell she's meant to be a Fates Mage/Diviner instead of a Dark Mage (not helped by her using a Tome instead of a Scroll)

Looks better than the Summer Tharja we just got, but not by an awful lot. I certainly don't feel like I'm missing out by not pulling the quad-resplendent FEH Pass trick this time.

For some reason I decided to tally the versions of characters with 5+ versions.

Some details: Versions are defined based on being grouped together in the Catalog of Heroes (so Masked Marth counts as a Lucina alt, but Flame Emperor does not count as an Edelgard alt and duo backpacks are ignored). Closely linked games like the Tellius games get to pool both versions. It's possible that I may have missed something.

• Veronica: 5 (Brave, Spring, Pirate, Valentine's, Legendary)
  • Fjorm: 5 (Legendary, New Year's, Bride, Ascended, Summer)
  • Laegjarn: 5 (Regular, New Year's, Summer, Ascended, Ninja)
  • Marth: 6 (Regular, Groom, Legendary, Winter, Anniversary, Brave)
  • Caeda: 5 (Regular, Bride, Anniversary, Summer, Legendary)
  • Tiki [Y]: 6 (Regular, Summer, Legendary, Fallen, Halloween, Ascended)
  • Celica: 5 (Regular, Fallen, Brave, Legendary, Ascended)
  • Roy: 5 (Regular, Brave, Valentine's, Legendary, Groom)
  • Lilina: 5 (Regular, Valentine's, Summer, Legendary, Bride)
  • Eliwood: 5 (Regular, Valentine's, Legendary, Brave, Anniversary)
  • Lyn: 8 (Regular, Bride, Brave, Valentine's, Legendary, Summer, Ninja, Flame)
  • Hector: 6 (Regular, Valentine's, Legendary, Brave, Halloween, Anniversary)
  • Erika: 7 (Regular, Bonus, Legendary, Winter, Anniversary, Brave, Summer)
  • Ephraim: 6 (Regular, Legendary, Brave, Winter, Duo, Summer)
  • Tana: 5 (Regular, Summer, Anniversary, Flame, Rearmed)
  • Ike: 6 (Regular, Brave, Legendary, Valentine's, Fallen, Anniversary)
  • Soren: 5 (Regular, Valentine's, Anniversary, Desert, Brave)
  • Micaiah: 6 (Regular, Dancer, Brave, Bride, Legendary, Summer)
  • Chrom: 8 (Regular, Spring, Winter, Bonus, Legendary, Valentine's, Brave, Fallen)
  • Robin [M]: 7 (Regular, Winter, Fallen, Halloween, Legendary, Groom, Brave)
  • Robin [F]: 6 (Regular, Summer, Legendary, Halloween, Valentine's, Rearmed)
  • Tharja: 5 (Regular, Winter, Bride, Desert, Summer)
  • Lucina: 6 (Regular, Spring, Masked, Brave, Legendary, Valentine's)
  • Corrin [M]: 6 (Regular, New Year's, Dream, Fallen, Ninja, Halloween)
  • Corrin [F]: 8 (Regular, Summer, Dream, Fallen, Legendary, Ninja, Halloween, Brave)
  • Asura: 6 (Regular, Dancer, New Year's, Dream, Legendary, Desert)
  • Hinoka: 5 (Regular, Bonus, Onsen, Pirate, Legendary)
  • Takumi: 5 (Regular, New Year's, Fallen, Summer, Valentine's)
  • Xander: 5 (Regular, Spring, Summer, Dancer, Legendary)
  • Camilla: 8 (Regular, Spring, New Year's, Summer, Dream, Onsen, Brave, Ninja)
  • Byleth [F]: 5 (Regular, Summer, Legendary, Brave, Fallen)
  • Edelgard: 5 (Regular, Legendary, Brave, Fallen, Summer)
  • Dimitri: 5 (Regular, Brave, Legendary, Fallen, Summer)
Edited by Othin

31 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Nah Flame Emperor is 100% and Edelgard alt and I will die on this hill.

IS explicitly removed Flame Emperor from the CYL ballot (as of CYL6 because they forget about Flame Emperor for CYL5), so Flame Emperor is as much an Edelgard alt as Masked Marth (who also got removed from the CYL ballot) is a Lucina alt. The fact that Flame Emperor isn't grouped with the other Edelgards in the Catalog means literally nothing, imo.

Oh well, I suppose we'll know for sure if IS considers Flame Emperor an Edelgard alt when it comes time for their Prf weapon + refine. If that Prf weapon + refine ends up being obscenely busted and/or has Raging Storm built into it, then Flame Emperor is definitively an Edelgard alt.

Edited by Tybrosion

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

IS explicitly removed Flame Emperor from the CYL ballot (as of CYL6 because they forget about Flame Emperor for CYL5), so Flame Emperor is as much an Edelgard alt as Masked Marth (who also got removed from the CYL ballot) is a Lucina alt. The fact that Flame Emperor isn't grouped with the other Edelgards in the Catalog means literally nothing, imo.

Oh well, I suppose we'll know for sure if IS considers Flame Emperor an Edelgard alt when it comes time for their Prf weapon + refine. If that Prf weapon + refine ends up being obscenely busted and/or has Raging Storm built into it, then Flame Emperor is definitively an Edelgard alt.

Hmm, CYL does make a strong case for it.

Putting f!Alear instead of m!Alear on the BHB banner is such a weird decision. Since f!Alear has already been on more banners than he has, including one where she was sparkable that is rerunning again soon. Her male counterpart has only had one actual banner, where he was sharing with two other units on his color, and the one freebie for people playing at the time. Wouldn't it be a better idea to give m!Alear a banner where he doesn't have to share his color and has better rates?

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Putting f!Alear instead of m!Alear on the BHB banner is such a weird decision. Since f!Alear has already been on more banners than he has, including one where she was sparkable that is rerunning again soon. Her male counterpart has only had one actual banner, where he was sharing with two other units on his color, and the one freebie for people playing at the time. Wouldn't it be a better idea to give m!Alear a banner where he doesn't have to share his color and has better rates?

Eh, IS probably considers him “too new” to use on any odd banner or something.

I feel like they usually wait a while before putting newer units on BHB banners, skill banners, VG banners, etc.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, IS probably considers him “too new” to use on any odd banner or something.

I feel like they usually wait a while before putting newer units on BHB banners, skill banners, VG banners, etc.

Perhaps, but considering that f!Alear and m!Alear are basically identical minus a single point in atk/def vs. spd/res, it just feels questionable when f!Alear already has been rerun a lot and has another one coming up soon.

Oddly enough, even with all her focus banners, I've still never pulled a single f!Alear while I got an off-focus m!Alear on the tea party banner.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Perhaps, but considering that f!Alear and m!Alear are basically identical minus a single point in atk/def vs. spd/res, it just feels questionable when f!Alear already has been rerun a lot and has another one coming up soon.

It could also be that F!Alear’s skill fodder is slightly better (mainly with her having Spd Smoke 4 instead of Green Feud 3) and thus IS considers her the more desirable one.

At the very least, they certainly considered F!Alear valuable enough to take a spot on the latest Hero Fest banner where I lucked out and got F!Alear with one of my free pulls.

I don't mind f!Alear being on Hero Fest, but I kinda wish they'd picked someone who wasn't in the regular pool for that. Like Khadein Nino. Or Legendary Yuri.

Heheh! I was actually just trying to decide where to post about the silhouettes. Yeah, the one on the right looks like Claude to me too, at least at first glance. It's possible that it's someone else, but no one else is coming to mind right now. Left person is in armor or something. The top of the head is round. Kellam? Looks too big with too different a body shape to be Kellam, though. Also, the arms look sleeved. That's about all I've got there. Also, right person has a pinwheel and left has ribbons. I wonder what the theme is. All we got from what Feh said is that they're "elegant." Both the pinwheel and the ribbons interact with wind, though, so are we getting some sort of "beezy" theme?

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Both the pinwheel and the ribbons interact with wind, though, so are we getting some sort of "beezy" theme?

I think the Reddit speculation has nailed it. Wind festival to follow last year's Fire festival, and the figure on the left is modelled on the wind god Fujin. It's not armour, it's a "bag of wind" that kinda looks like a scarf.

Following on from that, the left character is therefore most likely to be Fuga.

Ah, that would make sense. And then Claude would make sense, too, since his path is Verdant Wind. There's a lot of wind theme in FE, so a lot of characters could reasonably fit this theme. That said, I wonder if we'll get a raijin to go with the fujin, since they're usually together. My first thought for that is Ryoma if only because of his sword, but...maybe we'll get Lethe for something like that this year since Mordecai was in it fore the fire festival? (She could be a thunder cat.)