Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

22 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Just a minor nitpick, did they mention it in the trailer? I'm certain that the grid has a capacity of 200 units, but they might add 80-100 to begin idk. Also, I was about to do a list of characters that made an appearance and they were quite a lot.

Admittedly, you are correct. But considering that even without bosses and NPCs; Shadow Dragon, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Awakening, and Fates gives almost 300 characters, and we have almost 100 characters shown both in game and in the ensemble scene, I feel that the 200 is closer to truth. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

let's start with 10 inventory slots!

To be honest I don't think that kind of system is bad (if not good either), if mostly because those alternative uses for premium currency are usually cheap and easy to ignore unless you're spending a lot of money anyways. Depends heavily on how loosely they give free premium currency and how badly the game forces you to get those things however. I'm eternally salty that I need to pay for party slots with gems in Granblue Fantasy

It's a combination of what you just said, plus the users personality. Some people will probably keep only 4 - 5* units. Others want to try and keep all the units, from one star and up, especially since they can be promoted to higher stars in this game.

I'm not sure if this has already been talked about a lot, but I wonder if the game will still work with RNG. We know there's no skill stat anymore, but I wonder how and if RNG is involved in level-ups...

Edited by Birdy

...On "there are not enough people interested in the content", as it stands...

Internationally, the most popular games in the series are Awakening and Fates. This is by an absolute landslide. So those games are represented, and the larger Fire Emblem fandom will be happy.

In Japan, the most popular games in the series are the games set in Archanea and Elibe in addition to Awakening and Fates. Which... is every game represented. If I remember correctly Tellius only sold a little bit better in Japan than it did here. So, in actuality, Tellius, Judgral, and the Sacred Stones are being saved for later because less people care about them and their content, not to "save hype". If that were the case, then in all likelihood Elibe would be saved for later.

From the perspective of a gacha game, Intelligent Systems is putting all of their eggs in one basket hoping the fandom will follow the series to see games which are well loved, but less popular than the ones they're selling.

Edited by Gima

No matter how I'll make Stahl 5*! He begins at 1* so the grind will be real!

Also, so far Tsubaki and Stahl have been confirmed as Hero Battle recruitables, and what about units like Navarre that appeared from nowhere? Are they random encounters or what?

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

No matter how I'll make Stahl 5*! He begins at 1* so the grind will be real!

Also, so far Tsubaki and Stahl have been confirmed as Hero Battle recruitables, and what about units like Navarre that appeared from nowhere? Are they random encounters or what?

Are you sure that Stahl begins only at 1*? Seeing as how Robin can start at atleast 3*, 4* or 5*, there's a good chance Stahl might start higher too, right? :)

I believe Navarre is recruitable from a Hero Battle aswell, atleast that's what it looked like in the Nintendo Direct.

Edit: Ah, I see Stahl is recruitable as a one-star in a Hero Battle in the Direct. It could be that there are multiple Hero Battle difficulties though, which possibly can let you recruit Stahl at more stars.

Edited by Birdy

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Also, I saw that you said that you weren't gonna buy the game in this state. But isn't the game free with optional purchases?

lol

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Me and other people would wait to buy the game or not buy it at all if there isn't enough for us to enjoy when the game releases and that's not a good thing.

Yeah, she did.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think there are enough people who would find the current content all that interesting, that's what I'm saying.

Your line of thought of 'I'm not interested = others will not be interested' is... how should I put this... Close-minded? Naive? Funny? IDK take ya pick. But wrong, if that wasn't clear. You don't have to like it (it's abundantly clear that there are plenty of things you don't like, as you never fail to let everyone know about it), but it's pretty foolish to think that the rest of the fanbase is gonna share your highly narrow and selective mindset.

So I have nothing else to do and dedicated my time to count the characters that made an appearance on the Direct/Mobile trailer. I think somebody else did a list in the thread but it is like sunk in its depths, so here I go anyways:

Heroes

[  ]Alfonse
[  ]Mysterious Man
[  ]Sharena
[  ]Anna
[  ]Veronica

Archanea

[  ]Gordin
[  ]Ogma
[  ]Linde
[  ]Caeda
[  ]Marth
[  ]Palla
[  ]Tiki
[  ]Michalis
[  ]Maria
[  ]Minerva
[  ]Catria
[  ]Sheena
[  ]Wrys
[  ]Navarre
[  ]Abel
[  ]Draug (swd)
[  ]George
[  ]Merric
[  ]Cain

Elibe

[  ]Fa
[  ]Narcian
[  ]Murdock
[  ]Lyn
[  ]Gwendolyn
[  ]Serra
[  ]Sophia
[  ]Fir
[  ]Roy
[  ]Clarine
[  ]Florina
[  ]Ray
[  ]Shanna
[  ]Lilina
[  ]Matthew
[  ]Cecilia
[  ]Ursula
[  ]FE6! Bartre
[  ]Eliwood (swd mount)
[  ]Hawkeye
[  ]Ougier (axe)
[  ]Nino
[  ]Raven (axe)

Awakening

[  ]Frederick
[  ]Stahl
[  ]Virion
[  ]Cherche
[  ]Sully
[  ]Cordelia
[  ]Henry
[  ]Gaius
[  ]Tharja
[  ]Chrom
[  ]Male! Robin
[  ]Lucina
[  ]Lissa
[  ]Tiki
[  ]Donnel
[  ]Nowi
[  ]Olivia
[  ]Lon'qu

Fates

[  ]Takumi
[  ]Camilla
[  ]Hinoka
[  ]Ryoma
[  ]Azama
[  ]Oboro
[  ]Saizo
[  ]Selena
[  ]Laslow
[  ]Elise
[  ]Gunter
[  ]Sakura
[  ]Leo
[  ]Felicia
[  ]Odin
[  ]Setsuna
[  ]Hinata
[  ]Beruka
[  ]Effie
[  ]Hana
[  ]Peri
[  ]Azura
[  ]Kagero
[  ]Niles
[  ]Jakob
[  ]Female! Corrin (blue swirl)
[  ]Male! Corrin (sword)
[  ]Subaki
[  ]Xander

And that makes 94 characters shown: 5 new, 19 from Archanea, 23 from Elibe, 18 from Awakening and 29 from Fates. Some curiosities: all royal siblings were shown, as well as their retainers, although Arthur wasn't shown, same with Kaze if you count him as Corrin's retainer. Eliwood is a sword cavalier, Draug a sword knight and apparently Mercenaries are axe users.

Edited by Quintessence
Minor corrections!

I find it interesting that the only Gen II character from Awakening and Fates is Lucina, who obviously gets precedence thanks to being part of the main plot. I wouldn't be surprised if they're being held off for later, maybe to go alongside Gen II of Genealogy.

No beaststone-users either, along with there being no beaststone/fang/whatever icon along with the other attributes shown, so maybe they're being held back to go with all the Laguz in Tellius.

Of course, they likely haven't shown all the base-game characters yet, so my theories here could easily be false.

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

lol

Yeah, she did.

Your line of thought of 'I'm not interested = others will not be interested' is... how should I put this... Close-minded? Naive? Funny? IDK take ya pick. But wrong, if that wasn't clear. You don't have to like it (it's abundantly clear that there are plenty of things you don't like, as you never fail to let everyone know about it), but it's pretty foolish to think that the rest of the fanbase is gonna share your highly narrow and selective mindset.

Can you please stop bashing/being rude to me? You've done it multiple times lately and it's getting on my nerves.

That is not my line of thought at all and never was. But it's hilarious how badly you're taking this out of context. And I legitimately had no knowledge whether or not the game was free, you didn't need to fucking make fun of me for it.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

So I have nothing else to do and dedicated my time to count the characters that made an appearance on the Direct/Mobile trailer. I think somebody else did a list in the thread but it is like sunk in its depths, so here I go anyways:

And that makes 94 characters shown: 5 new, 19 from Archanea, 23 from Elibe, 18 from Awakening and 29 from Fates. Some curiosities: all royal siblings were shown, as well as their retainers, although Arthur wasn't shown, same with Kaze if you count him as Corrin's retainer. Eliwood is a sword cavalier, Draug a sword knight and apparently Mercenaries are axe users.

Shit dude nice work! Even if that's not all of them it's nice to have a clearer picture of what we're getting. 

1 hour ago, CancerTurtle said:

I find it interesting that the only Gen II character from Awakening and Fates is Lucina, who obviously gets precedence thanks to being part of the main plot. I wouldn't be surprised if they're being held off for later, maybe to go alongside Gen II of Genealogy.

No beaststone-users either, along with there being no beaststone/fang/whatever icon along with the other attributes shown, so maybe they're being held back to go with all the Laguz in Tellius.

Of course, they likely haven't shown all the base-game characters yet, so my theories here could easily be false.

I might have imagined it or forgotten or something but I thought I might have seen Owain in there somewhere...?? I'm not remotely confident about this, for some reason I feel like I remember seeing art of him that I wasn't crazy about, but was like 'oh well at least he's in'? Not at all sure though can anyone confirm? I might go back and watch it again to check. 

1 hour ago, CancerTurtle said:

I think that is false about the child characters. I distinctly remember seeing Inigo, Owain, and Tharja as characters. It seems that Inigo and Owain will go by Laslow and Odin, as the name Odin was shown, but you couldn't see the name of Inigo/Laslow. 

23 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I might have imagined it or forgotten or something but I thought I might have seen Owain in there somewhere...?? I'm not remotely confident about this, for some reason I feel like I remember seeing art of him that I wasn't crazy about, but was like 'oh well at least he's in'? Not at all sure though can anyone confirm? I might go back and watch it again to check. 

I had another look through the presentation, and I didn't see Owain, but I did spot Odin during the group shot. Maybe that's what you saw?

3 minutes ago, Don't Blame Takumi said:

I think that is false about the child characters. I distinctly remember seeing Inigo, Owain, and Tharja as characters. It seems that Inigo and Owain will go by Laslow and Odin, as the name Odin was shown, but you couldn't see the name of Inigo/Laslow. 

Inigo and Owain do technically appear in the trailer, along with Severa, but they appear as their Fates versions, Laslow, Odin, and Selena, as can be seen by their clothing in the group shot, which puts them as part of the first gen of that game. Tharja on the other hand, has always been first gen, and that was clearly not Rhajat.

Edited by CancerTurtle

1 minute ago, CancerTurtle said:

I had another look through the presentation, and I didn't see Owain, but I did spot Odin during the group shot. Maybe that's what you saw?

Inigo and Owain do technically appear in the trailer, along with Severa, but they appear as their Fates versions, Laslow, Odin, and Selena, as can be seen by their clothing in the group shot, which puts them as part of the first gen of that game. Tharja on the other hand, has always been first gen, and that was clearly not Rhajat.

My bad. For some reason, I always put Tharja as a second gen. character in my mind. Thanks a lot Rhajat :P . And about Odin, that's what I meant, I saw Odin but not Owain. My comment could have been worded a bit better tbh.

Edited by Don't Blame Takumi

1 hour ago, Hardin said:

Just explain what you mean so that we can understand your perspective. 

...Huh? What do I need to explain? I'm legitimately confused here, as I thought I said everything I needed to. Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude here or anything, I'm just confused...

You know? Something is bothering me a whole lot of this game? Will they make the stats of each and every unit exactly like how they were in the games or are they going to make them be on the same level?

Personally I don't see the point of having each and every unit from the previous games and bring them here unless they have a role of story to be told in this game. It just feels like the units you love are now soulless because they play less of a role. I mean, Pent and Louise used to be under service with Athos but...now what are they doing?

I just feel like instead of summoning units, there should be a chapter where you recruit them so that it doesn't look like they don't have a soul....

I guess what I'm trying to get is that if the units don't have much of conversations or don't have much to talk about, then what's the point of getting them since their personality is also part of their charm?

Speaking of which....do we get Athos as well?

7 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Heroes

[  ]Alfonse
[  ]Mysterious Man
[  ]Sharena
[  ]Anna
[  ]Veronica

Archanea

[  ]Gordin
[  ]Ogma
[  ]Linde
[  ]Caeda
[  ]Marth
[  ]Palla
[  ]Tiki
[  ]Michalis
[  ]Maria
[  ]Minerva
[  ]Catria
[  ]Sheena
[  ]Wrys
[  ]Navarre
[  ]Abel
[  ]Draug (swd)
[  ]George
[  ]Merric
[  ]Cain

Elibe

[  ]Fa
[  ]Narcian
[  ]Murdock
[  ]Lyn
[  ]Gwendolyn
[  ]Serra
[  ]Sophia
[  ]Fir
[  ]Roy
[  ]Clarine
[  ]Florina
[  ]Ray
[  ]Shanna
[  ]Lilina
[  ]Matthew
[  ]Cecilia
[  ]Ursula
[  ]FE6! Bartre
[  ]Eliwood (swd mount)
[  ]Hawkeye
[  ]Ougier (axe)
[  ]Nino
[  ]Raven (axe)

Awakening

[  ]Frederick
[  ]Stahl
[  ]Virion
[  ]Cherche
[  ]Sully
[  ]Cordelia
[  ]Henry
[  ]Gaius
[  ]Tharja
[  ]Chrom
[  ]Male! Robin
[  ]Lucina
[  ]Lissa
[  ]Tiki
[  ]Donnel
[  ]Nowi
[  ]Olivia
[  ]Lon'qu

Fates

[  ]Takumi
[  ]Camilla
[  ]Hinoka
[  ]Ryoma
[  ]Azama
[  ]Oboro
[  ]Saizo
[  ]Selena
[  ]Laslow
[  ]Elise
[  ]Gunter
[  ]Sakura
[  ]Leo
[  ]Felicia
[  ]Odin
[  ]Setsuna
[  ]Hinata
[  ]Beruka
[  ]Effie
[  ]Hana
[  ]Peri
[  ]Azura
[  ]Kagero
[  ]Niles
[  ]Jakob
[  ]Female! Corrin (blue swirl)
[  ]Male! Corrin (sword)
[  ]Subaki
[  ]Xander

When did you saw Selena ? I'm curious to see how she looks (love her) and I can't find her anywhere.

It's probably a bit too soon, but who would you guys have in your team?

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

When did you saw Selena ? I'm curious to see how she looks (love her) and I can't find her anywhere.

It's probably a bit too, but who would you guys have in your team?

I don't remember seeing her anywhere in the gameplay, but her artwork does show up in the big group shot.