Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 hours ago, Hardin said:

The trailer suggests that there is going to be 200 characters in the first wave. Suggesting that the game will fail because of a lack of interesting characters is simply ludicrous. 

200 slots, not necessarily 200 recruitables.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

My team will ideally be a good mix of cute guys with green hair.  Barring that, whoever works together well.

What, no Skittles reps aside from Tomas? Clipseyyyy

@Anacybele sounds to me like in short, you feel that fe mobile is poorly representing franchises at release by omitting Tellius, and therefore don't have as much hype for the game as a whole as you wish you could because your favorite lord isn'tavailable until ??? Date. That, and you think this game/concept should have released all content and characters on D1, ya?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, Elieson said:

200 slots, not necessarily 200 recruitables.

What, no Skittles reps aside from Tomas? Clipseyyyy

@Anacybele sounds to me like in short, you feel that fe mobile is poorly representing franchises at release by omitting Tellius, and therefore don't have as much hype for the game as a whole as you wish you could because your favorite lord isn'tavailable until ??? Date. That, and you think this game/concept should have released all content and characters on D1, ya?

I'm not Anacybele, so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I'm fairly sure she said that she did not want to have all content released at the start (as everyone would hopefully see that's a bad marketing strategy), but just that she hopes they didn't exlude whole games/worlds from day one, like Tellius. Which I think is kinda a valid, personal concern.   

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

I get your point but mobile games aren't about characterization or showing each character notably.

By that logic, you are then playing a game that is a slap in title that it says FE but its not really FE..... No matter what Fire Emblem game you've played, the series main point is the amount of characterization that the games have. Sure, many units don't have much of personality but that's only few and far between/

Edited by Harvey

14 minutes ago, Harvey said:

By that logic, you are then playing a game that is a slap in title that it says FE but its not really FE.....

Fire Emblem features games that include characters with a mere single moment of dialogue (Recruit Darros in FE1/FE11 to see what I mean). FE to me is less about getting to know your unit and more about a Triangle based battle system and RNG-based stat growth mechanics.

@Birdy

38 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I'm not Anacybele, so maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I'm fairly sure she said that she did not want to have all content released at the start (as everyone would hopefully see that's a bad marketing strategy), but just that she hopes they didn't exlude whole games/worlds from day one, like Tellius. Which I think is kinda a valid, personal concern.   

I misinterpreted Ana's

If this game launches with minimum characters available, it'll suffer the same fate, and FE isn't as big a thing as Pokemon to begin with. There are plenty of characters and weapons and maps and stuff to add later, FE has a massive cast and lots of games to pull content/inspiration from. It wouldn't hurt at all to have characters like Chrom, Marth, Ike, and Roy all at the start. More characters from their games can come later.

I can see reasons to include and reasons not to include Ike at release. Ike is the only lord aside from Marth to exist in two English release games after all.

@Quintessence

And that makes 94 characters shown: 5 new, 19 from Archanea, 23 from Elibe, 18 from Awakening and 29 from Fates. Some curiosities: all royal siblings were shown, as well as their retainers, although Arthur wasn't shown, same with Kaze if you count him as Corrin's retainer. Eliwood is a sword cavalier, Draug a sword knight and apparently Mercenaries are axe users.

56fa27740e.png

Ogma here is a swordie, m8.

Edited by Elieson
Added Quintessence to notes

20 minutes ago, Elieson said:

@Birdy

I misinterpreted Ana's

If this game launches with minimum characters available, it'll suffer the same fate, and FE isn't as big a thing as Pokemon to begin with. There are plenty of characters and weapons and maps and stuff to add later, FE has a massive cast and lots of games to pull content/inspiration from. It wouldn't hurt at all to have characters like Chrom, Marth, Ike, and Roy all at the start. More characters from their games can come later.

I can see reasons to include and reasons not to include Ike at release. Ike is the only lord aside from Marth to exist in two English release games after all.

Ah, I agree. I could see reasons for in- or exluding him aswell. For one, he could pull a lot of buyers on a banner I'm sure. I do agree with Ana though that it would be a bit disappointing if noone from Tellius would be available at the start, which for some is the fear since we haven't seen any of them in the trailers/Direct yet I believe. I absolutely loved those games, I would definitly like some Laguz :3.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

No, I feel like only releasing a few continents at first and not all of them is a poor move. I'm not saying each one of them has to have a whole bunch of characters available, only a few is fine. Because as others mentioned, we wouldn't have much to look forward to if all the good stuff was available at the start. It's fine if Awakening, Fates, and Archanea have the bulk of the release, but it wouldn't hurt to throw in a little bit of Tellius, Magvel, Elibe, Jugdral, and Valentia in with it. Heck, Ike and Ephraim could be the only Tellius and Magvel characters available to begin with for all I care. Us Tellius and Magvel fans would have a lot to look forward to then!

But right now, there are very few characters I'd want to summon to my army. Literally. I'm unfamiliar with Archanea characters in general, the only Ylisse character I care a lot about is Frederick, and the only two Fates characters I care a lot about are Ryoma and Silas. I don't think there's anything from Elibe that I want since only FE6 characters are being seen so far. I've never played FE6, but I don't care to since it doesn't interest me enough. And even if FE7 WAS in there, Sain is the only character I'd care to use there. Well, maybe Fiora too, but other than that, nope.

I'd have a tiny army to start with. And aren't the summons entirely random? I'd have a lot of risk of wasting my money by summoning characters I don't give a crap about. In fact, regardless of who's in the base game, I'm afraid of this happening a lot, but it looks like it would happen even more than I figured with the way things are looking now. Would you guys want to end up with a bunch of characters you don't care for? Wouldn't it feel like a waste of money? I haven't heard anything about it being possible to get summoning orbs without having to use money.

EDIT: YES, Birdy has my view exactly right. That's what I've been trying to say this whole time.

Edited by Anacybele

So I was watching the Direct again and noticed some stuff about upgrading units' star counts. (You'll forgive me if I'm too lazy to screencap, but I'll mention the times in the direct if anyone wants to go check.) Maybe this has been mentioned already, so apologies if I'm retreading old ground.

So it appears that upgrading a unit's star count resets that unit's level back to 1, and actually drops some of their stats along with it. It doesn't really get it across when we see the various Robins of different star levels (being as they're all shown at level 1), but we see this with Lon'qu at 16:26 where all of his stats are reduced by approximately 10 when he goes from a level twenty 3-star to a level one 4-star. At 16:40, we see him going from a level thirty 4-star to a level one 5-star, and his stats stay the same-- but are actually lower than before when he was a 3-star. So... I'm not really sure what to make of this. We know from Robin that higher star counts mean higher base stats on top of new skills/weapons being available, and I would presume higher caps as well, but it's hard to tell when Lonqu's stats haven't changed at all between level 1 and 30 as a 4-star lol. (Maybe this was a mistake and he was boosted for the sake of demonstrating the upgrades in the video? I have no idea...)

Again, not sure if this is anything new, but just thought I'd mention what I noticed.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I haven't heard anything about it being possible to get summoning orbs without having to use money.

Orbs are prizes for completeing things like Hero Battles and other things, so you can just get more orbs faster if yuo shell out $$$ for em.

@BANRYU

0f9c2dd812.png   4a1cdc5e58.png

You mean this, ya? It looks like Lon'qu was at Lv20/30, so I just assume that this gives you a character with higher bases to grind up 19/29 levels for potentially better overall stats. It does mention that more use makes your characters "better". This is probably what it means by how, since it says Initial Values for a 4* / 5* character. 

27 minutes ago, Harvey said:

By that logic, you are then playing a game that is a slap in title that it says FE but its not really FE..... No matter what Fire Emblem game you've played, the series main point is the amount of characterization that the games have. Sure, many units don't have much of personality but that's only few and far between/

By that logic TMS is just a fanservice game slapped with "#FE" on it that really isn't FE because it doesn't have grid based maps, large casts, etc.

Heroes is not a main game, it is a regular gacha mobile game with FE elements and characters. It works the same way as mobile gacha game work nowadays, I don't see an issue at all. As I said earlier this is FE entering Mobile not Mobile entering FE. The former means FE is adapting itself to Mobile Gaming standards (which is what Heroes is about), while the latter means Mobile adapting to FE standards.

Tbf the game largely represents FE: grid based maps, turns and phases, weapon triangle, stats, characters, arena/tower, challenges, etc. We've yet to know more of it, specifically multiplayer and support/side stories. Heck, Phantom of the Kill came first to Mobile and it publicly states it is a game inspired on FE and features a bunch of stuff FE has: crt quotes, mastery skills, sidequests, arena, etc.

@Elieson Oh I forgot Ogma. I think this is a matter of personality?

@Anacybele Summon Orbs are acquired through main story, by clearing quests, etc. Not only by money. Nothing's forcing you to pay money to summon. And again, units are not worth $4.99 or $69.99. What is worth money are extra summon orbs, not the characters themeselves.

@BANRYU I noted this and posted earlier, but probably got forgotten among my walls of text. Once promoted, units go to base level and you'll have to train them all the way to a farther level and stat cap. Higher star units have higher bases and higher caps, and possibly access to better weapons, skills and specials.

I'm just gonna make a sweeping general statement aimed at no one in particular with regards to releasing other games' FE characters.... I do not think it makes sense to JUST have the lords of all the series released at the start, and add other characters for those series/regions later. This undercuts the whole notion of saving those for later in order to generate additional hype at a later time, because the lords themselves carry a great deal of the hype and popularity OF those regions; in many senses, they are the embodiment of those games/regions, and would be a big part of the excitement when those games' characters are released in batches. In short: it is not a sound business strategy to have all the popular main characters released at the start. And thus, I feel, kind of unreasonable to demand. I feel like the knowledge that they're coming is enough, personally. Don't see me cryin' about no Nephenee/Soren/Laguz characters, even though I'm eager to see them be added to the game. They'll come in time, just be patient. 

Besides, don't forget that recruiting units you want is basically a crapshoot anyway-- anyone who isn't steeling themselves for long periods of time without having desired units that are even IN the game from the start is in for a heap of disappointment, I'm willing to bet lol. 

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Orbs are prizes for completeing things like Hero Battles and other things, so you can just get more orbs faster if yuo shell out $$$ for em.

@BANRYU

0f9c2dd812.png   4a1cdc5e58.png

You mean this, ya? It looks like Lon'qu was at Lv20/30, so I just assume that this gives you a character with higher bases to grind up 19/29 levels for potentially better overall stats. It does mention that more use makes your characters "better". This is probably what it means by how, since it says Initial Values for a 4* / 5* character. 

Oh yeah undoubtedly, that's certainly the case. I guess I was just confused by the fact that Lonqu's stats have hardly improved at all during his time a a 4-star unit, but yeah, I'm positive that you're right and it's the means of making the unit stronger, absolutely. 

@Quintessence ahhh yeah I figured as much =w=;; I do tend to be a bit slow on the draw with this stuff... good catch man xD

EDIT: @Elieson not so much a pun as a callback, but yeah it's pretty cool xD I think someone mentioned that as well but it probably got lost a few pages back.

Edited by BANRYU

Also oh my god the direct, I didn't notice this little pun @17:04 about Navarre

LowenthalSince when does a swordsman of his caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?

88a36f8490.png

Since Chapter 3, where he's working with the Soothsire bandits/cutthroats/thieves.

Edited by Elieson

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Also oh my god the direct, I didn't notice this little pun @17:04 about Navarre

LowenthalSince when does a swordsman of his caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?

88a36f8490.png

Since Chapter 3, where he's working with the Soothsire bandits/cutthroats/thieves.

Caeda: Navarre! since when does a swordsman of your caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?
Navarre: What? Who are you? Fly away, girl, before someone decides to swat you.

Made me smile.

2 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Caeda: Navarre! since when does a swordsman of your caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?
Navarre: What? Who are you? Fly away, girl, before someone decides to swat you.

Made me smile.

ONE STEP FURTHER!

eb972bbbb2.png

The direct literally ripped the dialogue, and now I want to go through and see if they did this elsewhere

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

ONE STEP FURTHER!

eb972bbbb2.png

The direct literally ripped the dialogue, and now I want to go through and see if they did this elsewhere

That's awesome xD. I wonder how many of these references I would get, it's been quite a while since I played some of the older games. I'll be counting on all of you great people to get those and put them on here :3.

5 minutes ago, Elieson said:
Spoiler

ONE STEP FURTHER!

eb972bbbb2.png

I din't notice any other pun, but I probably missed them 'cause I don't remember all the dialogues. (got this one because I saw it on the Wikia a few hours before by coincidence)

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

33 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Oh, I see! that's a good thing to know, then. I just hope the amount of orbs you win as prizes is decent enough.

Mercenaries start out with axes? That doesn't really make much sense...especially for someone like Ike who is practically based on the Mercenary line, but has always ALWAYS primarily used swords. He only ever uses axes once he promotes in RD. Seeing him start off with just an axe would be pretty weird...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I see! that's a good thing to know, then. I just hope the amount of orbs you win as prizes is decent enough.

22dc4ff9f8.png

Supposedly, some quests will be repeatable. If you need to do 5 quests to get enough to summon one unit, and 20 orbs gets you 5 potential recruits, it shouldn't be that bad. At this minute, I'll assume that you can probably grind out maybe 3 per hour, depending on mission difficulty, as long as quest missions are indeed repeatable.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

22dc4ff9f8.png

Supposedly, some quests will be repeatable. If you need to do 5 quests to get enough to summon one unit, and 20 orbs gets you 5 potential recruits, it shouldn't be that bad. At this minute, I'll assume that you can probably grind out maybe 3 per hour, depending on mission difficulty, as long as quest missions are indeed repeatable.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. That sounds really bad to me. Especially depending on how long quests take. >_>

Just now, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree. That sounds really bad to me. Especially depending on how long quests take. >_>

considering an alternative could be 1 or 2 orbs per day, I'd welcome a few per hour as a possibility. 

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

considering an alternative could be 1 or 2 orbs per day, I'd welcome a few per hour as a possibility. 

Oh yeah, that would definitely be better than 1-2 orbs per day, but it still could be a little more reasonable. But at the same time, it's not good to act greedy or anything. I'll just have to take what I can get.

It's gonna have to be few enough that they will try to incentivize you to buy Orbs. So if being patient and frugal isn't something you can pull off, maybe these F2P games aren't really your thing. It's a totally understandable reason to skip it, but the games CAN be perfectly playable despite it, at no expense other than having to wait between play sessions. It depends ofc, but given how Nintendo treated the freemium model with Pokemon Shuffle I'm not TOO worried. They probably have the sense not to scare people away with unattainable goals... it will just take time, in all likelihood. Paying is usually a way to offset the wait in games like this, in my experience. 

Edited by BANRYU

And you'll probably not wait days to play like others F2P. I mean, some Clash Of Clans and such you have to wait days to upgrade your buildings.

Nintendo wants some money of course, but seems more respectful towards their players. At least they reduce the price of heroes if you buy several of them at once.

9 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

And you'll probably not wait days to play like others F2P. I mean, some Clash Of Clans and such you have to wait days to upgrade your buildings.

Nintendo wants some money of course, but seems more respectful towards their players. At least they reduce the price of heroes if you buy several of them at once.

Yugioh Duel Links makes you wait 3 hours after doing your 5/6/7 duels per hour with NPCs (depending on how many you have unlocked) until they come back and you can re-duel for rewards and experience. Pokemon Shuffle (as BANRYU said) is the same sort of thing. I expect it to function like this, and I still believe the swords relate to how many battles you can engage in per time period (with unlimited Arena battles per time limit).

Edited by Elieson

I don't have a TON of experience with mobile games, but the one I did play that had an Arena or 'PvP' sort of feature had a separate 'currency' or number of battles per a set amount of time for its PvP features, that could be the case here as well. No way to know 'till it comes out, though.