Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

If you're getting outsped by Hector, kill yourself.

Said the guy running Hawkeye, Sophie and Henry.

For a while, I was often running my +Spd Hector alongside Xander, Reinhardt, and -Spd Cecilia. He was the fastest member of the team, and could double two of them.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@GlennstavosNot only his art was...meh at best, Seth got the short end of the stick in the SS banner. Stat-wise, he's a slightly better Stahl.  Ruby Sword+ doesn't do him any favors either. If anything, he's now a great source for Fortress Defense because he can max it out at 4*. 

I don't know about Seth's viability personally, but how is bad unit misrepresentative of any character? Not all of them have to be best in their class. Least of all a unit that is 1 out of 95% of units in his game that can solo it. The best thing about Seth in my opinion is that Ruby Sword + can be obtained as skill fodder. There are units I have that want it, like Olivia or Caeda.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

I don't know about Seth's viability personally, but how is bad unit misrepresentative of any character? Not all of them have to be best in their class. Least of all a unit that is 1 out of 95% of units in his game that can solo it. The best thing about Seth in my opinion is that Ruby Sword + can be obtained as skill fodder. There are units I have that want it, like Olivia or Caeda.

I disagree because +Spd Seth is capable of something else entirely.

Other than that, I won't bother.

5 minutes ago, immatx said:

Important question, what do y'all think the best nature for Julia is? I use her mainly as a nuker, sometimes as a bater for mages. I have a +atk -res fully trained up (my first), a +spd -hp at lv20, and then a +atk -hp at lv33. I was thinking of merging the other two into the last one so that she's tankier against mages, but i'd love to hear some other opinions

Technically, +Spd is her best nature for getting the most kills, but then you might as well run Nino. I mostly use her in Arena Assault and she functions as a Reinhardt counter. Her best nature would be [+Atk/Res, -Spd/Def] in my opinion to optimize her niche as a blue mage counter.

Julia +Spd -Res
Gronnblade
Life and Death
Eirika Buff 3/4/3/3
Player Phase 141:4:23

Nino +Spd -Def
Gronnblade
Life and Death
Eirika Buff 3/4/3/3
Player Phase 154:7:7

21 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I think I remember somwthing about it being a gift for his service to Begnion.

The origins of the armor are uncertain. Its weird, since Yune implies she never blessed armor before being sealed away, and it'd be impossible for Ragnell to damage the BK's armor if it was Ashera blessed due to it being Order-against-Order.

I speculate it was Sephiran himself who applied the blessing to the BK's and Ashy's armor. He is the most learned of mages in Tellius, and should certainly know the arts of blessings. The blessing itself is probably much weaker and relatively non-aligned compared to Dheg's and Seph's due to not being directly from a goddess, and hence Ragnell, plus very powerful Laguz like dragons and Royals can break it (plus castles).

It is worth noting that Sephiran's Mantle skill in PoR, or so I heard, makes him immune to all damage- even Ragnell and the aforementioned Laguz, which perhaps was intentional on the part of IS to prove Mantle > BK armor.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Technically, +Spd is her best nature for getting the most kills, but then you might as well run Nino. I mostly use her in Arena Assault and she functions as a Reinhardt counter. Her best nature would be [+Atk/Res, -Spd/Def] in my opinion to optimize her niche as a blue mage counter.

Julia +Spd -Res
Gronnblade
Life and Death
Eirika Buff 3/4/3/3

Nino +Spd -Def
Gronnblade
Life and Death
Eirika Buff 3/4/3/3

Yeah that's why I figured +atk. One day I'll actually train up my +spd -def Nino that I've had since the first month :/

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Basically, he was great in SS but he's lackluster in FEH. He's also competing against the likes of Xander and Eldigan as a physically tanky red sword cav unit. I'm not saying that he has to be the best but in the SS banner, he's the worst unit by far. Ruby Sword+ fodder? There's...that, I guess but having Fortress Defense maxed out at 4* is far more valuable for me since that means that I don't have to get Lukas to 5* to pass the entire Fortress Defense skill tree. 

Wonder if there will ever be a unit whose shtick is getting a full weapon by 4*s instead of 5*. Maybe not one of the really useful weapons (Braves, Blade tomes, etc) but idk someone who gets a jeweled weapon or an armor slayer.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

Wonder if there will ever be a unit whose shtick is getting a full weapon by 4*s instead of 5*. Maybe not one of the really useful weapons (Braves, Blade tomes, etc) but idk someone who gets a jeweled weapon or an armor slayer.

Unlikely. It's only passives that show up at varying star ratings, never weapons/assists/specials, and I think it makes sense to keep it that way.

Edited by Othin

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The origins of the armor are uncertain. Its weird, since Yune implies she never blessed armor before being sealed away, and it'd be impossible for Ragnell to damage the BK's armor if it was Ashera blessed due to it being Order-against-Order.

I speculate it was Sephiran himself who applied the blessing to the BK's and Ashy's armor. He is the most learned of mages in Tellius, and should certainly know the arts of blessings. The blessing itself is probably much weaker and relatively non-aligned compared to Dheg's and Seph's due to not being directly from a goddess, and hence Ragnell, plus very powerful Laguz like dragons and Royals can break it (plus castles).

It is worth noting that Sephiran's Mantle skill in PoR, or so I heard, makes him immune to all damage- even Ragnell and the aforementioned Laguz, which perhaps was intentional on the part of IS to prove Mantle > BK armor.

I was actually thinking it had been Sephiran, not Ashera. Mainly because he and Zelgius are good friends so, it made sense to me.

In regards to Seth, I'm finding him to be a very good part of my back-up cav team. Since my main one is maxed on HM. Even so, Seth is a really solid unit that acts as a physical wall. Only issues I've had are mages and anti-cav weapons.

6 minutes ago, immatx said:

Yeah that's why I figured +atk. One day I'll actually train up my +spd -def Nino that I've had since the first month :/

+Res is really good too, since it allows her to take negligible damage from blue mages. +Atk is not necessary against blues, but if you use her enough against other colors, I would go with +Atk.

Just now, XRay said:

+Res is really good too, since it allows her to take negligible damage from blue mages. +Atk is not necessary against blues, but if you use her enough against other colors, I would go with +Atk.

I don't have one with +res :/

But yeah I use her against literally everything, my team is set up to where I try to sweep with her first, and only when I can't do I use others

Just now, immatx said:

I don't have one with +res :/

But yeah I use her against literally everything, my team is set up to where I try to sweep with her first, and only when I can't do I use others

I think Nino is a much better sweeper though, even at 4* due to her Blade and much higher Speed. Julia is too slow to double attack, which severely limits her damage output.

43 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What's wrong with Seth?

Not a bad unit, but being balanced without In-Build Distant Counter makes you extremely dependient of Cavalry Buffs... He can work with many builds but he isn't the best in any of them.

That is like a big contrast with Seth being essencially the unit your need to use if you don't want turtle-pace Sacred Stones.

Just now, XRay said:

I think Nino is a much better sweeper though, even at 4* due to her Blade and much higher Speed. Julia is too slow to double attack, which severely limits her damage output.

I don't really like Nino, I'd rather use characters I like than ones I don't, and Julia's one of my favorites. Also I don't think anyone I usually use consistently doubles, my main trio is Julia, Effie, and Azura lol, so I've adapted

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Unlikely. It's only passives that show up at varying star ratings, never weapons/assists/specials, and I think it makes sense to keep it that way.

Aether and Galeforce are locked behind 5*. The only units who have either as part of their default skill set 4* are Chrom and Cordelia and maybe BH Lucina and Roy, but I doubt any of the CYL units will be 4* summonable.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, immatx said:

I don't really like Nino, I'd rather use characters I like than ones I don't, and Julia's one of my favorites. Also I don't think anyone I usually use consistently doubles, my main trio is Julia, Effie, and Azura lol, so I've adapted

I see. I prefer to prioritize Feather income first so I can spend them on my favorite characters later. I have Lucina and Kagero built up, but I rarely use them. My Camilla also got her best nature and most of her skills, but I have not bothered leveling or promoting her yet, although I plan to do it soon after I finish BH!Lyn to replace my BB!Cordelia.

Just now, XRay said:

I see. I prefer to prioritize Feather income first so I can spend them on my favorite characters later. I have Lucina and Kagero built up, but I rarely use them. My Camilla also got her best nature and most of her skills, but I have not bothered leveling or promoting her yet, although I plan to do it soon after I finish BH!Lyn to replace my BB!Cordelia.

Oh yeah I'm a super laid back player, I just like using my favorites. I have a +3 Kagero that I haven't built yet, and I could have a +6 Seliph and a +4 Roy, but it's just so much work. I just finished leveling BH!Lyn (she's amazing) so now gotta decide who the sacrifices shall be :)

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Aether and Galeforce are locked behind 5*. The only units who show up with those skills at 4* are Chrom and Cordelia and maybe BH Lucina and Roy, but I doubt any of the CYL units will be 4* summonable.

Yes. Looking at offensive specials, first-level ones like Night Sky show up at 3*, second-level ones like Astra show up 4*, and third-level ones (currently just Aether and Galeforce) show up at 5*. This is completely consistent: all characters that get Galeforce get it at 5*.

Meanwhile, passives can vary. For example, Hinata gets Fury 3 at 4*, while the other characters with Fury get it at 5*. But this variation does not exist for any weapon, assist, or passive.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yes. Looking at offensive specials, first-level ones like Night Sky show up at 3*, second-level ones like Aether show up 4*, and third-level ones (currently just Aether and Galeforce) show up at 5*. This is completely consistent: all characters that get Galeforce get it at 5*.

Err...don't you mean Astra?

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yes. Looking at offensive specials, first-level ones like Night Sky show up at 3*, second-level ones like Aether show up 4*, and third-level ones (currently just Aether and Galeforce) show up at 5*. This is completely consistent: all characters that get Galeforce get it at 5*.

Meanwhile, passives can vary. For example, Hinata gets Fury 3 at 4*, while the other characters with Fury get it at 5*. But this variation does not exist for any weapon, assist, or passive.

It could happen with assist, however. Someone with a dual rally could end up being locked out of their dual rally until they're a 5*, but get all their other passives. It would have to be a unit with one of the negate effective bonuses A-skills or movement B-skills since aside from Clair, all the units with Drag Back, Knockback, Lunge, and Clive who is the only other unit with Hit and Run, get all their passives at 4*. The only other unit who cannot get at least all of one branch of their passives if I recall correctly is Xander.

So, Roderick at 4* gets Firesweep Lance, Rally Def/Res, Drag Back, and Drive Def 1. He'd have to be a 5* to get Firesweep Lance+ and Drive Def 2. It could be possible for someone else to show up with Rally Def/Res, but they cannot get it until they're a 5*, but get something like Lunge and Spur Def 3 as a 4*. Then again, none of the Drive skills are 4*-available, so there's that.

Edited by Kaden

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

Julia +Spd -Res
Gronnblade
Life and Death
Eirika Buff 3/4/3/3

Nino +Spd -Def
Gronnblade
Life and Death
Eirika Buff 3/4/3/3

I find Julia's Spd in a weird place where she can benefit from having +Spd (since Fury or LaD +Hone Speed gives her 37 or 39), but if she doesn't have +Spd, she might as well be -Spd, since she's going to get doubled by everything anyway, you might as well maximize her other stats.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

I was fairly confident in developing my elusive 4*++++++ army until I realise my formerly-casual self sent half said army "Home" for feathers. :awesome: